tuscl

Is anybody happy with their local strip clubs?

Wednesday, May 4, 2022 9:49 PM
When even the Detroit and Miami guys are starting to bitch you know we're not in the golden years. Seems like everybody chirping though. Anybody thrilled with what's going on in their backyard right now?

59 comments

• psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    Not thrilled. Making do. Adapt or die.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I'm happy with the clubs I go to. I always have a good time.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    In the main, yes. Recently more as shopping trips for girls willing to do OTC than pure enjoyment of the club itself. To be clear, they're still fun, though.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    We need to move to the Private Party / Membership Club Model. This way we can get venues as good as Tijuana. But to do this we need the legal software, the paper work, the contracts, the papers we show to LE when they challenge us. We need to make the cast that this is not a retail business, and so we have no premises, crew, or regular premises, so we are exempt from zoning or labor laws, as well as laws and public sex and lewd conduct laws. Other people are doing this, like that Party in Manhattan. But we also have new places opening like Aces of Dallas, and old places converting like Furnace in Birmingham AL and a place in WV. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ that was Club Lust, in Martinsburg WV. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ You could be onto something there desertscrub. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
  • mjx01
    2 years ago
    generally speaking no. my closest club has been a shit show for some time. the eye candy has been above average at some places but the performances are way down pretty much across the board since the before times.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Who has been to Private Party / Membershp CLub venues? SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    re: Not thrilled. Making do. Adapt or die. To elaborate; Less clubs, turnover, diversity of music, quality/hustling dancers. Still enough satisfying visits to keep me at it. As a silver lining, the dancer OTC opportunities are more frequent.
  • DenimChicken
    2 years ago
    @heaving i dont know which clubs you go to or what time of day, but that's not the experiences I have here in ATX.
  • Chili Palmer
    2 years ago
    My main club right now is filled with plastic positive dancers, most of whom carry their own lube and enjoy using it. As Vincent Vega once said, "Yeah, we happy."
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    The only change I dislike at Desire's is $6.00 beers. The best new thing is that there are less customers and slightly more dancers than before. This is all colored by the fact that Monday was one of my favorite experiences there since it opened in 1812.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    I am quite happy with my local clubs.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Absolutely not, but it isn't new. I have been unhappy with Cincinnati clubs for the entire 20+ years since I started going to strip clubs. My feelings on the clubs in the 4 cities (Louisville, Lexington, Columbus, Indianapolis) that I club in most often is a mixed bag. I am happy with the clubs in Louisville and Lexington. Columbus has been in a steady decline for almost 5 years but is still at least decent. Indianapolis has been very hit or miss since covid and my last couple of visits have been clear misses.
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    I live in San Diego. There hasn't been anything to like about local clubs for a very long time. When one of the 10 biggest cities in the US has 2 topless clubs with alcohol, what's to like about it? I travel for work but also mix in personal stops during work trips to go to cities with better strip clubs.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I have zero complaints.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    No issues or concerns here.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    There has been a slow ghettoization of the Indianapolis clubs and, as an old white guy, I feel increasingly out of place in them. The music is almost all very loud rap and the ghetto black girls are overly aggressive and quickly turn into the stereotypical angry black woman if I don't respond in just the right way to them. When talking to them, I feel like I'm walking across a field and any moment I might step on a land mine that will blow up on me. Guys with money have mostly disappeared. Pretty young females won't show up for a bunch of broke guys so they have mostly disappeared too. I used to have lots of long term regulars but fewer dancers stay a long time now, since they make less money. There are still a few bright spots. We have more pretty Hispanic dancers now than we used to. There are three or four clubs that tourists go to that have held up. Last Saturday night I went to Red Garter downtown and got lap dances from a pretty blonde who told me she was a college economics major. The Indiana clubs outside Indianapolis are about the same and I've had nice visits to Anderson and Kokomo clubs recently.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Since Follies closed and Covid struck things in Atlanta have never been the same. Fewer dancers and quality down. Dance prices are about the same at most clubs but VIP costs have gone up 30-50%. I'm still going at least once a week but usually not staying very long. Only doing VIP 25-33% of the time. Keep hoping for better things.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    Honestly, I think any lower happiness about the club can just be a sign (but not a guarantee) of being less happy with life in general.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    Pnw indie clubs are pretty cool. They’re a bit divey (I like that) and heavy on the extras (I also like that). The main thing that sucks about them aside from the music is there’s no booze, but I’m philosophical about this… men + titties + booze = more problems, so I guess there is less bs because of this. Still, I’d like to be able to drink some whiskey while I get a kickass lap dance + pulley. You can’t have everything, I guess.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    They're not trending downward. They're not worse that what they were pre-COVID (except for one). I use to have a fav who'd get pretty wild on me during lappers. But, even with all the drama she had with the guys she was dating or hooking up with, it wasn't enough for her. She needed to have much drama with me too. It eventually got so I couldn't tolerate it. My other favs have been much lower drama, but their lappers are much more tame. So now I dream of a frankenstripper who gets wild, but is also low drama, and feel sorry for myself.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Thankfully it only takes one regular dancer to be satisfied, yet if she quits or moves on I will be forced to find another rentable or reliable stripper. She’s tired of men, but is so good at her job she makes me feel like it’s genuine so I have no complaints. Don’t have enough time to check things out beyond my regular.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    It's more fun to bitch. Sure extras are easy to get, but they cost more than they did 15 years ago.
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I go to clubs less frequently than I used to but that’s not a reflection of my happiness level with local clubs. I think my local clubs are more or less about the same or on the same trajectory they’ve been on for a while. I pretty much get to clubs once in a while now because it seems like more of a treat when I do, rather than going just to go. I’ve fallen into that rut before and I try to notice those ruts and adjust accordingly to get out of them. So if I’m not enjoying the clubs so much, I figure it’s probably me more than the club and I take a break and do something else. Sure, there are sometimes changes in clubs that I’m not thrilled about but they are usually small potatoes in the broader scheme of things.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Baltimore and Maryland have been tending down since maybe 2018 and covid hastened the decline. The two most notable changes have been the disappearance of $20 or $30 single song HM lap dances and a decline in club occupancy volume, both dancers and customers. You can get discount $20 dances at a couple places on Wednesdays but most single song dances are in the $35-40 range and not worth it, pushing you to better value in rooms. Extras and fun times are still available, but it takes time and money to search them out. One positive is that a number of DC clubs that were no touch now offer dances, bringing them in line with the rest of the country. They are still very expensive, but at least they are available.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I still enjoy my local clubs. I’m still quite happy. I find it a great change - going to a strip club where nobody is wearing masks - it’s a relaxed atmosphere - and folks are friendly. Having women in bikinis dancing is an added bonus. Also, the last time I went (in mid March), the dance prices were the same. I think it’s the one place where I’m not paying more - for less.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Dances and extras cost more? OMG OMG OMG news at 11. So a bj is now $100 instead of $75. I paid $1.59 per carton of eggs pre-pandemic and bidenflation means I spent $3.99 yesterday.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    'Is anybody happy with their local strip clubs?' Mostly NO Too many fatties and bad hygiene junkies took over a few years ago.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    nicespice also diagnoses PL who don't want to keep their saliva to themselves with low self-esteem. I think another trend is that table and stage dancing are making big comebacks among younger PLs. Not quite as tame as back in the 90s, but close. Dancers like it better, and young PLs are more likely to be into the music dancers want to dance to. Naturally seen as a bad trend among us geezers who dominated TUSCL.
  • bkkruined
    2 years ago
    Summer's almost here and it's time to start... My other hobbies that get me out of the house long enough to make stopping by convenient. This time last year, club was mostly full of newbies, and I swear on several visits every damned one of them was at least letting me rub a little on the outside, but under the cloth. Most were encouraging Jr. to come out... One has me all up in it for a discounted dance price!!! This year, some of them are still there, some of them are new again. They are on average, a lot more fun to look at. And not as much fun otherwise. Same girls, same club, same day of the week even, different rules. but that place always kinda wavered back and forth like that a little bit... I suspect day shift is about the same, but doesn't fit my schedule. (music's been on the downhill slide for years now... progressively getting worse... Some of the shit I've heard is even bad by rap standards... Guy mumbling about how he get high and fucked a bitch over the same sample track on repeat for 3 minutes.... at least it's not that bad locally but a couple years back visiting Memphis I swear that's what was passing for music.)
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    I'd say they're slightly less enjoyable than two years ago. To say I'm unhappy with them would be an overstatement though. My biggest two gripes are that they're much less consistent than before, and prices are up in a lot of places both in a nickel and dime sort of way and in room prices. And dayshift starts about 2-3 hours later, if it exists at all.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Well, I haven't seen any promotions for a free orgy. So I'm not happy !
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    If you cannot be happy at Club Desire then accept the fact you're a homosexual.
  • gSteph
    2 years ago
    Yep, plenty happy. Pretty girls, good enough acting skills, music ok, not too loud, dances still $20. Visits vary of course, but some fun always had. YMMV, I'm happy with just some fondling, no extras for me.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @skibum, I'd disagree on single visits to Club Desire, but in the aggregate you're right. The Club Desire bouncer touched desertscrub on his tiny little pee pee and made it stand up, leaving him confused as to whether or not he was a real man. Hence his grudge against the place.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Going back to Heaving's comment about just sitting and shooting the breeze with a scantily-clad babe, I do miss that. That is so hard to find. Sure, the younger generations education and conversation skills have been declining since the Millenials, but I think 90% of the blame lies with *gasp* immigrants and cell phones. Cell phones are obvious- they are addictive and self-reinforcing. You can get lost for hours in a rabbit hole of tik-tok videos and instagram posts. The immigrants, especially from the Caribbean and Mexico, only know "Wanna dans?" If your answer isn't yes, then they move on. They do not know enough English to sit, talk, and shoot the breeze. Since I speak Spanish, I can make conversation if the girl is attractive enough (so many are just chubby), but they would prefer to congregate in groups on their phones. Other South Americans - primarily Brazil and Argentina- are more likely to drive conversation than other nationalities, but they also have GPS when it comes to quoting other prices. Locally, clubs like Allure (formerly Babe's) is almost uniformly fuglies on the day side. It gets pretty dangerous at night, but they have had some more attractive dancers on that side. Vixens runs hot and cold on overall looks, but tattoos are a hot thing for their dancer and the ones I'm seeing are neither tasteful nor classy. Looker's just hasn't been the same since the remodel. The whole feng shui is off now, although they do have a few smokeshows dancing there.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Phoenix isn’t as good as 2 or 3 years ago but a good time can still be had. My previous favorite club is no longer in rotation but I found others with their own brand of fun. Good enough.
  • Liwet
    2 years ago
    Things are just more expensive all around.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    If we really want to talk about the golden age of Arizona strip clubs, the Tucson Candy Store from about 15 years ago. Better than Mitchell Brothers at its peak but one fifth the price.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I would forego presents for the rest of my life if the cowardly little pussy known as desert cocksucker came up here. We're taught to bruise the larynx. not crush it so the person cannot breathe, but who pays attention in class. Phonex lol: it's just a faggot version of Florida filled with foreigners, child molesters and other flotsam and jetsam.
  • bluejacketsguy
    2 years ago
    In the club I went to enough both prior to shutdown and post the atmosphere is quite different and it seems like on average there are fewer girls working. From some of the stuff I've been reading I feel like a lot of other clubs have run into similar problems with getting girls to work. I think a lot of the complaining stems from just how different some clubs have become from pre covid standards.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    We need to move to the Private Party / Membership Club model. But for this we need the legal software, the contracts and rule sheets, to see how it is being done and how people stay out of trouble. If we do this, US venues can be as good as Tijuana SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link] Pleaser 10", strapped on, 4 colors [view link]
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ Translation: I've never been within restraining order distance of any strip clubs but that doesn't stop me from thinking I know how they should be run.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Private parties are already a thing. Some chain clubs throw invite only parties. There are crews that throw stripper parties. It's been a thing for years. There's no secret software to it.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    What make a post a troll post is there’s supposedly a topic yet other than a quick joke or snarky remark the trolls try to take the thread as far from its origins as possible I’ll bet that’s also part of what’s slowing down this website Instead of normal threads with 2-50 responses the jerks are opening and keeping open threads with hundreds of responses
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    * that was intended for the slow thread, this site is so jerky these days this ended up in the rong thread
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    There had been a rash to troll posts. But not as many now, as I see it. Mostly they just make it hard to read threads. I think a lot of people are probably reading reviews, and these will be VIP members We need to get beyond retail strip clubs and get to the private party / membership club model. TUSCL could be a big help in making that happen. SJG
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ answer the OPs questions you fucking leech disrespectful motherfucker
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I am not happy with our local clubs, not since Deja Vu took over San Francisco, and there have always been problems with South Bay. We need to set up Membership Club / Private Party venues. SJG Amber! [view link] The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link] Pleaser 10" [view link]
  • sideshow_bob
    2 years ago
    Overall quality is down in Sacramento and Reno. A couple favorites keep me checking in, but dancer quality has fallen, even at the better clubs. Average looks have fallen and attitude has fallen even more. A lot of the dancers act entitled.
  • Dave_Anderson
    2 years ago
    Get real. Everything sucks now. You could even argue the Armageddon has happened but not obviously that the average idiotic sheeple sees it. Have you driven around the roads in much of the country lately? It makes 1980s Tijuana look like Belair. Thats just one small example. The meedeeuh likes to select a few data points to claim "things are great." No, they aren't. And they are never going back to the America of the 1980s or 90s. We have become the "shithole" grandma and grandpa warned us about. Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates are doing really well though.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ The best indicator that someone is 'sheeple' is that they use the word 'sheeple' with a straight face.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I thought the best clue to who was a sheeple, was likening your own posts
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Dave Anderson is right. It amazes me how people pretend like everything is normal when society is falling apart. Businesses fucking people over...skeleton crews and price gouging on crack. Biden not doing shit for Americans and retards supporting his proxy war against Russia. Covid on the rise but more retards thinking its okay as long as we pretend to ignore it. The dumbing down of society at its finest.
  • steve3000
    2 years ago
    I certainly understand the inflation aspect, and not just the current spike. Dances were commonly $20 each 20 years ago for me. Dancers deserve a raise too. However, Baltimore was a lot more fun back then. I mark the start of the decline about a decade ago.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Need to go to the Private Party / Membership Club model, to break free of the dance buying mentality and go to a more unstructured FRMOS centered interaction, as it is in Tijuana. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link] Pleaser 10 inch [view link]
  • DickyDoo2
    2 years ago
    I'm very happy with my local clubs. All the women are old and fat, which saves me a lot of cash since I will not touch them. If this goes on I will have enough cash to by a yacht soon.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I haven't clubbed since last Fall so IDK the exact current state in my area - but here in SoFlo it seems the strong/popular clubs are for the most-part back at full-strength - at least per last Fall it seems the weaker/smaller/less-popular-clubs/dives had had a harder time getting back to their pre-Covid levels.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion