tuscl

Why do strippers have so many tattoos?

Saturday, May 6, 2017 9:10 AM
And do you find it a turn, turn off, or it doesn't matter?

77 comments

• GACA
    7 years ago
    From Psychology Today website: ...tattoos are prosthetic, since like an artificial limb they make up for something felt to be missing or inadequate. Tattoos promise to make you attractive, as if you have a personal force akin to gravity. Notice me. The more attraction you command, the more attention you get, and the more life you have— Tattoos idealize youth and fertility by drawing eyes to youthful skin and often erotic parts of the body. In the process they counter anxiety about aging and death.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    I would prefer for them to have 0 tats, but tats only bother me when they're excessive. Like when their whole back is full of tats. HUGE turn-off And yeah, it does seem like women who strip love tats, dunno why
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    In general I find a large number of tattoos a turn-off but not a deal-breaker. Most of my favorites have only a few tattoos, but I can think of a couple of faves who have their entire backs tattooed. I also *hate* tattooed titties (what an outrageous thing to do to one's breasts!), but if the dances are good and the tits are large and real, even that doesn't ruin her chances with me.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    depends on what kind. tattoos across the titties, ass tats(especially on the entire ass as opposed to one small one), and any kind of facial tattoos I find ugly and distasteful. tramp stamps and sleeves and leg tats I'm usually ok with.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I'm fine with tattoos, but sometimes it depends on the tattoos.
  • gunrack
    7 years ago
    I don't mind tattoos as long as it's on the smaller side. I don't like arm sleeve tattoos on women or tattoos on their tittles or near their tits. If it's on the small side I don't mind but when it's huge as fuck and that's all you see, its distracting.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    Good question. It used to be that tattoos were restricted to sex workers and other outlaws, but now they've become common throughout society. In general I find tattoos disgusting about 99% of the time, simply because they're almost always poorly done and not artistic at all. Personally I have found that if a girl has tattoos, she probably uses drugs. I've often wondered what makes a girl decide to get tattoos, the comments above from Psychology Today are interesting, but I feel like I still don't understand it.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    I am one of those who despises all tattoos. I think they are fine on cows, to help identify an owner's property, but I am repelled by any with those ugly scars on their body. There are a lot of things I don't understand, and tattoos are one of them.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Tattoos are almost always a turn-off, it's a matter of how much. Once in a while, I find tats neutral or slightly a turn on -- but a turn-in in a "she's a dirty nasty whore" sense. I'm going to come off like a dick on this, but I'm going to be totally honest and vulnerable: I generally find tats an immediate mark of poor education, poor judgement, poor aesthetic taste, immature bad girl, and that's the immediate impression it always evokes in me. A stripper who is smart and engaging and classy can obviously overcome the initial evocation of "uneducated and trashy" as we talk, but unfortunately, that's where I boot to, fair or not. There are some tats that I find so outrageously unattractive that no matter beautiful the stripper otherwise is, I can't get past them ... these include many face or neck tattoos (unless on the back of her neck, covered by her hair), full sleeves, and particularly ghetto tats (last name in gothic across the back, any gang tat, etc)
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    I like tattoos they add flavor to savory and bland bodies. Plus it's easier to distinguish who's who when make up and wigs can heavily change a woman's looks. Also a great excuse for staring and starting conversation.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^ I'm going to come off like a dick on this, but I'm going to be totally honest and vulnerable: I generally find tats an immediate mark of poor education, poor judgement, poor aesthetic taste, immature bad girl, and that's the immediate impression it always evokes in me. ^^^^^ I agree completely. Funny thing is, I'm even more extreme--I think precisely the same thing where I see tattoos on a guy. Poor education, trashy, etc, etc.
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    It could also be that as an artist, I hate blank canvases. But I would never get one on me.
  • sclvr5005
    7 years ago
    I like them as long as they are done well.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    They are a turn off but I've learned out of necessity to largely ignore them. The prevalence of tats on strippers reflects modern social trends as well as the rap culture that so many strippers admire.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    " I'm going to come off like a dick on this, but I'm going to be totally honest and vulnerable: I generally find tats an immediate mark of poor education, poor judgement, poor aesthetic taste, immature bad girl, and that's the immediate impression it always evokes in me." Here's another PL that agrees with the wise and witty Subraman.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    High heels and makeup are the minimum. But tattoos can help too. Vietnamese Coffee Girls often have lots of big ones too: [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    that last link SJG provided is exactly what i mean by excessive.....i HATE when girls have a part of their body covered in tats like that. it makes them look less feminine. i like CLEAN skin. my CF only has 1 (maybe 2) small tat and its near her shoulder blade. she told me she wants another, but she just wants to add on to the one she already has and doesn't want them all over her body :-)
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^ You don't like bad girls? :) SJG
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    @goviking I don't see the problem with the third link. What's the point of a tiny hidden tattoo? You get them to express yourself, not to giggle to a private joke. Now if it's on the knuckles, then that's not sexy like in link two. Plus she has one small one in the middle of her back. The knuckles tats just reminds me of Mexican gangsters.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    Tattoos, yummy. Done well, of course.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Why don't you ask some strippers how the fuck would we really know ?
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I don't like them but I'd be pretty lonely in a strip club if they were a deal killer. Why do they get them? From my daughter that got one at 37 years... because everybody else is doing it.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    rebellious nature, trend followers, i dont like it
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    Tats are one of those things that can grow on me. Girl specific. What it means is that when I first meet them, I lean heavy towards no tats, but the ones that do have some, can become a feature as opposed to a fault.... My ATF has a couple small tats and at this point if you were to ask me keep or get rid of them, I'd say keep em. But when we first met I would've said get rid of them. Now some tats I just won't be able to overcome and others are ones I don't like in the beginning but grow to like over time.
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    As far as the why?... just like everything else, girls do what other girls do thinking they're different but end up being the same.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Maybe some of you guys would rather attend a Baptist Church service? SJG
  • Yusuke305
    7 years ago
    A white blonde with blue eyes, tattoos, and a fat will take all of my money in one night lol
  • Yusuke305
    7 years ago
    **fat ass
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Tuscl had been down for at least 30 min, as seen from my end at least. I've often spent Sunday mornings in Viet Coffee shops, watching tattooed hotties parade around in little more that high heels and makeup. Over all an inexpensive experience, nice bike ride, get some reading done. But I laugh at the people who spend their Sunday mornings in church services. Sounds like some of you guys would rather be there in those church services. SJG for the TUSCL Egomaniac, the whole world is a strip club: [view link] Royal Gigolos - California Dreamin [view link] Jeff Healey - All Along The Watchtower [view link] Men Over 40 Need To See This [view link]
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    SJG- I guess not Estafador-- it's just different strokes for different folks. You like tats, I don't. So we're on different ends of the spectrum. As I said, it really only bothers me a lot when they're excessive
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ What percentage of the girls at your clubs have excessive tats? SJG
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    People with tats are deranged. Why spoil a natural body ?
  • loper
    7 years ago
    I know a stripper who has a gorgeous artistic tattoo that covers much of her body, but not a huge percentage of her skin. It's a tree of life thing, not just a bunch of unrelated stamps. Her tattoo is a big turn on -- most strippers' random tacky stuff, not so much.
  • maho
    7 years ago
    Not a fan of tats. Tats on the boobs or stomach areas, or thighs, or covering the back are pretty much deal killers. Otherwise I'm fine with them. That's just me - not sure why. For the most part I'm into "girl next door" types of dancers so maybe that's part of it.
  • maho
    7 years ago
    Funny story - was at a club the only club in my city that I visit one night and a girl stopped by my table. I had been around for a while and hadn't seen her on stage yet so she just arrived for her shift. Very cool girl to chat with, and when it was her turn to get on stage she got embarrassed saying she didn't want to go dance but would be back. When she got up to get on stage she literally had tats covering her whole body. I'm taking the her whole back, both front and back legs, your butt checks....everything. I was kind of like whoa - but was instantly not interested. It's a funny story because how much I was genuinely enjoying talking to her. Oh well, that's on me I guess.....
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    When I see a very pretty girl, I want to enjoy seeing her pretty skin, tats get in the way and it's like looking at an expensive car covered in bumper stickers except someone painted the stickers on. Imagine a Lamborghini with bumper stickers that look like tattoos. It ruins the look. However if the Lamborghini or dancer wanted to dance for me or ride with me, it doesn't stop me. I'm not going to get married to her. If I was buying something or getting married, I wouldn't want tattoos all over it. Hopefully thus description will let a few people understand why I don't like them. I couldn't care less if I think she's like an ordinary car but on a girl who otherwise would look very pretty, it's like defiling a work of art.
  • SCPandit
    7 years ago
    I only like tattoos on white girls the trashy trailer park look is sometimes sexy to me it helps the look out if they have piercings and tattoos. I was informed that some girls get them so that patrons wont suck there boobs.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    I DON'T LIKE TATS. but i will NOT let it get in the way of enjoying an otherwise beautiful woman.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I'm in my late 40s thus I grew up in an era where tattoos were not main stream and usually associated w/ service-men/sailors, criminal-element, or rock and roll artists. Nowadays tats are more main-stream and it usually takes me a while to get used to changing trends thus at first I strongly disliked them but kinda have come to like ome small ones that draw attention to certain body-parts - thus I like smallish ones on the butt, hip, upper-breast, don't mind them on the lower-back - but liqe others I don't like big-tats like sleeves - and then ones I like I like b/c it makes her look like a bad-girl not b/c I'm into the art
  • minnow
    7 years ago
    shadowcat, sharkhunter, and jm62 sum up my thoughts on this. I've said before that tats on a beautiful woman is like putting a bunch of bumper stickers on a Ferrari.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    As already said tattoos are also common in society today. I don't care for them, but I can tolerate it as long as it's not too much.
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    Love 'em. The more the better.
  • LVclubber
    7 years ago
    Depends on the girl, depends on the tattoo artist. I know a stripper with paw prints tatted up across her chest and down her back. A very attractive look. We hung out a few times OTC and I thought they were even sexier when she had some clothes on. But, they were sexiest when we hung out in my hot tub.
  • mjx01
    7 years ago
    0 tats is strongly preferred. generally, the more ink = the more turned off.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    tatoos are good if work is done by a real tattoo artist, cheap shitty tattoos suck
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    7 years ago
    Not just strippers...I would say at least 60% of all women that I have come across has at least one tattoo if not hidden multiple ones underneath their clothing. I feel exactly the same way as many others and especially GoVikings. I'm generally not a fan of women with a lot of tattoos. Its not very feminine looking and severely overshadows their natural beauty. Face, neck, and large chest tattoos are automatic deal breakers regardless of how good her body looks.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    7 years ago
    Sleeve tattoos are a deal breaker also.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    deal breakers in a good way for me if they have good work
  • maho
    7 years ago
    For me it has nothing to do with wanting to marrying anyone as someone mentions above. What I'm attracted to and what gets me worked up is a girl who's look I like that is not covered in tats, or tats in certain area.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I'm a professional homosexual
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    It all depends on the girl for me. Tattoos by themselves are not deal breakers, but if they are bad, or badly done, they can be. But with some girls, their tattoos enhance the bad girl element and I have a hard time seeing how some of them could have been favorites without their tattoos.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Since I won't be marrying a stripper with a bunch of tattoos and it doesn't affect who I get dances from for the most part, it becomes a bit insignificant for me. If I had a choice between 2 dancers both like my version of a dream stripper and one that had a bunch of tattoos and the other did not, I'd get dances from the girl who looked a lot better, the girl that wasn't covered up with markings or tattoos all over. In a dimly lit strip club where I'm looking at tits and legs and ass, I may not care if she has tattoos. I am used to seeing everyone on stage with them. It's like a dancer without tattoos is the radical dancer nowadays. All other dancers are just part of the crowd.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    FYI, it's not just dancers, younger generations in general get tattoos like crazy. Pretty much all my lower income nephews and nieces have tats. As far as I know, none of my younger relatives who make good money have them. I heard one nephew has been denied jobs because of a stupid tattoo on his neck. Some people don't think about that before getting them.
  • Cowboy12
    7 years ago
    Not a fan of tattoos, but I have learned to tolerate them. I've had some of the hottest dances from girls with a lot of tattoos, they generally seem to be more on the wild side. My CF has 1 small tattoo, and she says she regrets it.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ "It's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling." - Jimmy Buffett I don't mind them unless I can see them. :-(
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves--Leviticus 19:28
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Tattoos show the history of the dancer, much like skeletons in their closet. The less I know about them the better, because ignorance is bliss. Except when it comes to getting tattoos then ignorance is forever a mark dwelling on a past thought you won't let go. Some say that's art, others say differently.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I've yet to find a tattoo that has improved the beauty of any lady. That being said, I much prefer them to have none, but I am not turned off if they have a few that are tastefully done. I am turned off by tats that look like they were done by an amateur or that dominate the lady's appearance and can't be overlooked.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    jackslash quoting Leviticus! Brilliant! You win a lobster dinner for that! ;)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Most dancers I've met are bible thumpers so it is surprising so many have tats.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    Seriously though, with a few exceptions tattoos = non-brilliant! :( But to each his own, whether it be the people they are attracted to or their own life decisions.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    @SJG---i would say like 40 percent, i guess. that's just an educated guess. its hard to give a percentage the car analogies in this thread is a good way to look at it. too many tats just takes away from/decreases the beauty of a gorgeous woman. it sucks when i see a girl in the club who is my type but she has all these tats---it instantly decreases my interest in her by a lot
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    flagooner, most Christians don't follow the laws from Leviticus. Except for those that quote the anti-gay stuff, of course. But I've never met a Christian who about the dietary laws etc. Then again, I roomed with a Jewish guy in college that used to order in meat lovers pizzas and eat beef-stuffed chili rellenos, so not all Jews embrace those laws! I know I couldn't keep the laws. Calamari is too tasty! Same for Dungeness crab. If there is a god he intends for us to eat squid, crab, and lobster. If he didn't he would have made them taste non-brilliant! ;)
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    7 years ago
    To sort of clarify, when it comes to dating a civilian woman or OTC encounters, those types of tattoos are a big deal breaker. I will still get dances from strippers with such tattoos but no way in hell that I would be willing to court them.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Mmmmmmmm. Dungeoness Crab. My absolute favorite.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Showing my age but anything beyond what was known as the original "tramp stamp" is too much for me and a turn-off. ( Lower Back) My last girlfriend had one on her lower back and a small one on her lower stomach, right side. She actually was in the process having the one on her lower stomach removed when we split up. Overall as women age a bit it seems in my experience they do regret having them, especially if they have multiple ones.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    Just wait till most of them turn 60 and those tats are on saggy skin. :-(
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    My ATF has four tattoos, all easily concealed for her eventual career in business (she hopes): top of one foot, side of groin, ring around one finger, and a small tramp stamp. This is at the outer bound of what I find attractive, but at least when she's dressed (which she is *early* in our dates) no tattoos are visible. I guess I've never turned down dances just because of tats, but the fewer the better IMO.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    im guessing laser removal will boom as this generation easily influenced by the NBA and rap artists starts to have regrets, just a hunch.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Why? Someone might get tattoos and piercings to reassert control over one's body. Another reason has to deal with one's first experience and exposure to a tattooed person. For a lot of young women, many were exposed to women during the 1970s, 1980s, and later the punk culture was staring. Often that tattooed women seemed so cool and chill. Likely the positive experience left an impression. But really, you have to ask the dancers. There is no blanket answer. There's also a counter answer. And it lies in Fight Club. Keeping your unadorn, uninked skin, all you are doing is trying impress people we don't like.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I read somewhere they could be called generation T, the tattoo generation.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    @subraman said: "I generally find tats an immediate mark of poor education, poor judgement, poor aesthetic taste..." Well, I guess I'm guilty of all of those things, because tattoos... I got lots of them.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Most guys don't like girls with tats, myself included. Over the years my regulars have had a few tats; one in particular had quite a few. They're not my first choice though so they have a tougher time getting me to VIP. While I've had great dances from girls with too many tats, if I'm looking for eye candy for OTC I always end up with a girl that looks appropriate with me. My CF has no tats at all and I could take her anywhere without being self conscience about looking like I'm dating a whore.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Ish: Nothing meant to be about you personally, obviously; in a discussion about tattoos on an SC group, you're bound to see obnoxious things written about your choices. And I did bracket this with "fair or not" -- I do realize it's a huge over-generalization. But I'm being honest, that's what I boot to, that's the initial thought tats evoke in me. Ironically, my ... not sure what to call her, ATATF maybe, though I don't pay her and our relationship has gone well past the customer stage ... has suggested a number of times we get tattoos together. She wants us each to get a small tattoo that symbolizes the other (I don't know what tattoo she'd get to symbolize me; maybe an empty wallet holding a lollipop). It's a cute idea that at my age, in another lifetime, I might even indulge; but I couldn't hear of it, given that my kids (raised with high education, to have good judgement and aesthetic taste) talk about wanting tattoos and it's only my steadfast preaching on the topic that prevents them from getting some. If I had tattoos, that example would open the floodgates
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Thinking about this, and especially wanting to respond to GoVikings: In our Viet Coffee Shops there are girls who have their entire backs, and their arms too, covered in tattoos. I guess it is an urban style. Don't see that much in the suburbs. [view link] But as far as whether or not I like the girl, it really depends upon my impressions of her in talking to her. The tattoo, well it can be a turn on. If you're going to be dealing with her while she is wearing little or nothing besides high heels and makeup, then the little extra that the tattoo provides makes it all just a little bit kinkier. [view link] So as to what the tattoos signify, some may see it as a class issue. For me, I see it as indicating that the girl, especially if she is young, is invested in adolescent peer culture. This is both positive and negative. With most all people, they are a mixture of peer culture and parent culture. And then in some you get the worst of both. With peer culture the people are more egalitarian and more open. But they are outer directed and so you find more tobacco, alcohol, and drugs. And I don't go along with any of that. With parent culture, you find people who seek hierarchy and authority. They might seem to live more responsibly, but they do it for reasons of social conformity. So most people exist drawing from both sources. You get the best results when you are able to somehow play the two off against each other. Either way alone is always bad. Where this comes from, well its because we are no longer a primitive society. But the primitive socious never goes away, it just lives in adolescent culture. And most Americans, no matter how limited on an income they live on, they are still middle-class, because that is simply a reactionary identification system. [view link] SJG
  • johndough20020
    7 years ago
    In the DMV area strip clubs 90% of the dancers have tats. There are generally about 20 girls a night in the club so that equates to about 2 un-tatted girls. My goal is to dance with un-tatted girls but that is often unrealistic given the odds. In some clubs, stage dancing and nudity is optional so it can be difficult to initially know which dancers don’t have tats.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    "In some clubs, stage dancing and nudity is optional so it can be difficult to initially know which dancers don’t have tats." Here's a way: Q. "Do you have any tats" A: "Yes" or "No"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion