tuscl

strip clubs in Houston may close again

twboyhouston
houston,tx
Friday, June 12, 2020 8:39 PM
After about 3 weeks where Houston strip clubs have pretty much returned to normal operation (but with lower attendance mostly by customer choice), COVID-19 cases are taking a huge spike with the hospitals ICU's close to being overrun. In Houston, at current state, most offices are still closed. Malls opened briefly but were then shut in due to Floyd protests and remain shut. Most restaurants are still only open for takeout and delivery while many have just shut down for good. Bars and clubs have operated for the most part like normal. The county commissioner is taking about shutting things down again. This is not a second wave of the virus. We were still in the first wave but cases are accelerating again. There's a chance that by next week all the clubs will be closed again.

32 comments

• nicespice
    4 years ago
    😢
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    well shit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    We should start rioting and looting - they'll open them back up - seems to work as of late
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Loot the strippers! Snatch them right off the stage! If I can't watch them at the club, N O B O D Y C A N
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ good idea - the bouncers can't stop us all - we'll create a PL-CHAZ where we'll keep all the babes
  • Eve
    4 years ago
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I think we found our leader
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Lol that video was great! That's the kinda shit SJG would try. Except instead of saying 'this ain't got nothin to do witchu fam!' he'd say something like 'stay back or my privacy wall might bash open your skull'.
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    This country is completely pussified.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    They got a 2 for 1 with the floyd "protests". They brought back covid(or made more) so they can go back to shuting everything down. And they get to continue perpetrating their race war to distract from the issues.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    A couple of clubs in San Antonio are rumored to have shut down as well. Don't have a reason or for how long.
  • sideshow_bob
    4 years ago
    I'd like to validate somehow that the ICU's are full. They've lied so many times. I dont trust them anymore.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    They may not shut down many parts of the economy again, but if things continue to spike I can see venues where large groups of people congregate (sports arenas, bars, nightclubs, strip-clubs, etc) be told to stay closed b/c of the added risk of many people socializing in close-contact for extended periods of time often w/o masks.
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    OK, limit group gatherings but why target strip clubs? I only get a private dance from one dancer at a time; I can't afford a group of dancers. I wonder if any of the infections are actually traceable back to strip clubs?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ most custies are hanging out in the main-room most of the time - often times a dancer on a shift can interact with dozens of custies whether conversing at a table or giving dances (and the PL is indirectly in contact w/ the dozens of custies she's been in contact with) - dozens of people in one room indoors for multiple hours seems like grounds for spreading
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    The second wave sadly looks to be starting up
  • docsavage
    4 years ago
    There are 54,000 thousand hospital beds in Texas, 14,000 available and 2,000 Covid patients in hospitals. Unless there is a 7X increase in patients they shouldn't worry. To put things in perspective, 0.007% of people in Texas currently have it while 99.993% don't have it. Part of the increase in hospital use is coming from large numbers of patients going in for elective surgeries that were previously postponed. When they enter the hospital they are tested for Covid and then classified as Covid patients if they test positive.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Looks like in San Antonio, several bars have already voluntarily shut back down due to confirmed cases. Perfrct10 and Sugars apparently are two of them. :/ [view link]
  • sideshow_bob
    4 years ago
    @docsavage sounds about right. The fuckery continues.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    We’ve got the same stats in Arizona. It’s nothing to worry about. Cases are going up because testing is going up. Hospitals are filling up because of a backlog of elective surgery from the lockdown. CoVid statistics in the hospital are rising because everyone in the hospital is tested, even if the admission is for something unrelated and they are asymptomatic. It’s just the media not understanding math.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    I’m worried about all the false negatives. Testing is not accurate. Too many stories about this with my friends and family in the medical field.
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    We're simply going through what we would have gone through without the massive shutdown. That's why it made no logical sense at all. Instead of shutting everything down, you shutdown just enough segments so that hospitals aren't overwhelmed. But it instead became about trying to actually 'eliminate the virus' itself! Sweden had the correct approach, but it won't be evident for about another six months. We have made horrendous decisions of late. I'm generally a liberal politically. But liberals have become so reactionary and uncharacteristically sensible. They have reached the same tiers of insanity that the Tea Party reached a few years ago.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The vast majority of deaths are people in their 70s and 80s with serious underlying health issues. The deaths are tragedies for their families but their life expectancy was limited pre-CoVid. Compare that to the tragedy of tens of millions out of work and the resulting health issues. The one thing we should have done, protect nursing homes, was ignored in some states.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    The shut down was very unwise . Sweden handled it much better . it is what it is . pandemics happen . ( I hope I don’t get it because I am seventy.)
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Proof that even a single case originated in a strip club? None of this seems to have anything to do with actual science.
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    It's just something to give the impression your doing something about it. Plus you still have idiots demanding face masks and social distancing everywhere, except for crowded protest demonstrations and riots of course.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    With covid no way know who has it. With sex workers covid could be astronomically much higher than the 17.3 pct US sex workers estimated to have hiv. CNN showed a healthy lung vs a covid ravaged lung sc no way for me. Visiting club not on table for me until covid situation over / vaccine. Once covid over possibly resume meetings with long term fun girl (Best of the best) x stringer SB. When you have something like that emphasis shifts mainly w meeting up w her.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    My strip club experience last Friday was maskless and no different than before the pandemic, except for lack of customers.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    I hope we have another shut down but that capitalist greed shit gets in the way
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    How do you spell loser? S o c I a l I s t.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Well you can bet bars including strip clubs will be targeted and be forced to close back down. Thanks to in part accurate reporting like this: [view link] I just hope they back it up with some factual data this time. You know.... what "experts" do.
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    So a plane and a beach carry same risk factor??
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion