tuscl

Discuss this email I received

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Thursday, May 9, 2019 4:07 PM
I think one of your competitors has an account here which is calling most comments "club ads" to try to make your site look less credible. The account is desertscrub He makes comments about clubs all over the country, calling the comments club ads, and out of his 3,800 comments, at least 75% say that. You should get rid of the account.

107 comments

• san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I remember that handle. Haven't seen much from him recently. As I see it, not something worth worrying about. SJG
  • Fun_Loving_Fella
    5 years ago
    If someone is intentionally posting untrue review comments that’s just as bad as posting fake reviews.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    That guy just doesn't know desertscrub amd is assuming something incorrect - or desertscrub called one of his reviews a club ad and he's pissed about it. I do think desertscrub takes too much liberty with the club ad thing but that's his M.O.
  • Member6532
    5 years ago
    I haven't seen him in months, but he did pretty much say everything was a club ad but he also reviewed a fair amount of clubs. I know he accused me of club ad on my first 2 reviews.
  • Spillthebeans
    5 years ago
    The scrub is a well respected reviewer that just likes to call out "club ad" when a reviewer stretches the info beyond what other reviewers had experienced. DO NOT BLOCK HIS ACCOUNT!!!!
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Let’s get Bob Mueller on this!
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    desertscrub does a lot of Reviews himself. Actually well done Reviews.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Funny. Sometimes he does go too far, but I also have to say that I've agreed with him maybe 75% of the time that I've seen him make the comment. The other 25% of the time I think he says it simply because he disagrees with a positive review. IMO he's just a strip club junkie with maybe a little too much time on his hands. I know that he's never called one of my reviews a club ad, even when it was very positive. The guy has written 165 reviews for this site and has as much right to his opinion as anybody. I think that readers are fully capable of reading all of the club reviews and comments, processing the information and making their own decisions re: credibility. This goofy complaint sounds like sour grapes to me, probably from one of the advertisers, er, I mean club 'reviewers." ;)
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Desertscrub used to post some very acerbic comments on the discussion board, but I haven't seen him in a long time. I don't think he's a competitor who hopes to harm TUSCL. His "club ad" comments are probably sincere.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I tend to agree with him (Desert Scrub) more than I disagree, I tend to think the person who sent the E mail was a club ad of the day poster.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I never take any one comment to heart. I will always review the bulk and make an educated decision. TUSCL has never steered me wrong and has absolutely steered me in the direction that I wanted. I don’t think he is harming anything.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I bet this is the guy that sent the email : [view link]
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    5 years ago
    I only read the reviews for the Washington state clubs, because that's where I do my clubbing. Occasionally I see a desertscrub "club ad" comment. But he seems to have a pattern. Nearly all of those are from a brand new member writing his/her first review. Maybe those new members haven't even read a review before they signed up. They're just taking their best guess as to how to write a review, then they get the scrub hammer. What a way to welcome new members to TUSCL!
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Desertscrub is a credible contributor to this site. I thought I had seen him invite several people to test drive his power washer recently. Warrior15 has probably found the culprit. It just seems like sour grapes, and a very childish attitude.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    If it is those Lido fucks I agree with desertscrub 100%. A more shameless collection of fake account self promotions would be hard to find here and that is saying something on this site. In one thread, that guy running the accounts couldn't even keep them straight when he was trying to use one account to defend the comments he posted with another account. ☺
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Desertscrub just approved a review of a club that I am familiar with. He is accurate. I trust him.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    I read through the reviews he calls "club ads" of places I've visited and they read like clubs ads, even if what they wrote was true.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    He recently posted, I don't remember what thread. If his behavior is true, and he is doing that to reviews for clubs, then its worth looking into. I think its realistic to assume that a club or club chain hires online reputation management firms to affect theirs, and their competition's online presence. Its what renders a lot of review sites useless over time and is a source of litigation. On Yelp for example, there are lawsuits where one company will accuse a competitor of negative reviews, it gets found out that said disparaging comments were made by people working from home, subcontracted by ORM firms. Its one thing if a person knows a club and can tell its an employee writing it, and another when someone makes same said comment for various clubs all across the country.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    He's a vigilante. Fighting for truth, justice, and honest strip club advice.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    I've met and clubbed with Desertscrub , He's a legit poster and solid reviewer who calls out overly glowing reviews which don't have a lot of substance. That email is sour grapes. DO NOT DELETE HIS ACCOUNT.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    The thing is, who is he to decide what has or lacks substance or is an unfairly favorable review, when its for clubs he has never been to? Or to assume anyone else can't have a different experience at a club than him? Its malicious to assume one has the authority to judge the veracity of reviews. A comment stating one's experience differed at said establishment is different from proclaiming it a shill review due to one's perceived ideas about the review.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    I do notice that many of the recent reviews for clubs I follow were approved by him.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    "desertscrub" is a legit reviewer with many reviews under his belt. Although sometimes goes overboard with club ad tag, a lot of times he's on target. His past "power wash" comments added some comedy to his comments. Keep him aboard, screw the thin skinned wuss who complained about him.
  • mjx01
    5 years ago
    IMO, sometimes desertscrb is a little over zealous... but generally (~80%, maybe more) he seems accurate
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    I tried to do a really detailed review of the 1 club close to where I live and he called it a club ad. I've seen how many other reviews he's labeled club ads so I don't really take it personally. He goes to the point of ridiculous sometimes but I don't think he means to do TUSCL any harm.
  • VeryBigDawg
    5 years ago
    "desertscrub" is legit. Several of us have meet him at Follies. He gets pissed at the BS in the reviews and just says 'club ad'. Keep "desertscrub".
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Frankly I'm surprised that we are seriously having this conversation at all. If anyone is going to consider removing an account for being overly critical of potential shill reviews just because one of the aforementioned alleged shills complains, then what's next? Maybe a strip club manager complaint hotline? ☺
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    How can some on here have an opinion when they don’t contribute.... anyway, he seems legit he just hates rob clubs, tell the whiny twat who tattled nobody likes a tattletale bitch
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ exactly who are you talking about ? Desert Scrub not only contributes he has written a number of reviews.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    ^not talking about scrub, 1st sentence was for some of the people with opinions on the matter and no reviews.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Who the idiot loco or SJG I have them blocked they don't contribute a fucking thing call them out they are beyond stupid. Who cares what they think it's not like anyone who matters pays them any mind.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    I do wish he would tone it down a little, but I think he honestly believes most positive reviews are club as and not just wide eyed rubes giving the only titty bar they have been to a perfect score. Honestly almost no one reads the comments on the reviews.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I agree with what most of the members are saying. I gave him a little pay back by posting "club ad" on one of his reviews. :)
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    You guys are missing the point. Someone going around constantly accusing reviews of clubs they have never been to, as being shill reviews, does hurt TUSCL.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    I wish to pile on too DesertScrub is Quality Control Dept for TUSCL ... yeah the quality guys make a few wrong calls once in a while (no biggie) So what's the score For DesertScrub: 100 and counting Against DesertScrub: 1 (that email to founder) Hope desertscrub gets to read this thread. Lastly. I've given DesertScrub a Trust ... and that says a lot (ok that was over the top, shameless self appreciation :-)
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Whether you like the guy or not is irrelevant. He doesn't have the capacity to judge whether reviews for clubs he has never been to, are fake.
  • Electronman
    5 years ago
    He is over jealous and often wrong with his "club ad" commentary but that is no reason to delete his account. Like Shadowcat, as payback, I labeled a scathing review that he recently posted as a "club ad." [view link]
  • Kajohnston
    5 years ago
    @founder The more important question is who is the accuser and what's their credibility? You already have access to everything users have done on the site, including complaints about specific users, to determine whether they've violated the law or site's terms of use and take appropriate action. @desertscrub
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    tuscl without desert scrub’s ‘club ad’... something essential would be missing...
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Icey Lico should be banned.
  • azdd
    5 years ago
    The Scrubster is the real deal. His club ad comments are usually spot on, but even if they’re off it’s still funny. I agree with Rickdugan, why are we even having this discussion? KEEP SCRUB, BAN ICEYLOCO!
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I agree. Keep scrub. Ban IceyDodo.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    No bans. This is not fucking twitter or Facebook. If you don't like someone, block them. Block them, deal with it, or shut the hell up about it. But no bans.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I strongly suspect that you'd be doing a much greater service for the credibility of the site if you blocked the person who sent you that email. Just sayin' ;)
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    Scrub is way overboard with the club ad shit. Usually his "club ad" comment can be translated into "shitty review." Some of the ones he claims are club ads are even fairly negative, just poorly written. I'd peg his hit rate at accurately identifying shill reviews substantially lower than others here, probably the inverse. For a while there he was constantly talking about attacking people with a power washer, it was kinda like SJG with his front room make out shit. I ignored him a while back cause I got bored with it so I haven't seen his recent posts or know if he's still doing it. That said, I agree with the consensus that there is no evidence desertscrub is a competitor trying to undermine the site, and none of his behavior would warrant any kind of ban. While the silly club ad comments may slightly undermine the reviews, It's far less disruptive than many members. I'd say the benefit of his reviews more than outweigh any loss from his comments. Just my .02...
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    The scrub writes good reviews. I too have questioned how he can call "club ad" for a place he has never reviewed. Is he discouraging potential new legitimate posters that have not attended a "Strip Club Review 101" writing class?..... shit, that's right, there isn't one. No, his account should not be deleted. On the flipside, wish he would just ease off a bit.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    My 2¢. I see nothing wrong with the account All reviews are opinions. No one has to agree or disagree with them. Blatant lies would be different, but generally easy to spot.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Calling reviews for clubs one has never even been to, "club ads" is wrong no matter how one looks at it. Its bad trolling at best, malicious at worst. If not banning the account at least put them on probation.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ So says the parody troll account with ZERO reviews.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    As to the issue with commenting that a review is a club ad, I just consider it that person's opinion just like any other comment.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @founder how about pointing out those posters that have no contributions of any kind posting in every thread as if they are some sort of expert, also what about those no review non paying leeches that constantly make threads about nonsensical way off topic subjects. But feel the need to correct everyone about everything.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ If you have a problem with me just come out and say it. You're acting like a Millenial. ;-)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ If you have a problem with me just come out and say it. You're acting like a Millenial. ;-)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ As Travis Bickle you talkin te me boy
  • loper
    5 years ago
    I blocked him the other day because he is getting more and more annoying. Also, he even calls out negative reviews as being club ads. He's called "club ad" on highly accurate reviews of clubs that I regularly patronize. If he is really from a competitor then he should be banned, but otherwise, people can judge him as I have and block him themselves.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Desertscrub seems to be getting more and more paranoid. When I first joined and started reading reviews is when I first started noticing his 'club ad' comments. I agreed on a lot of them, to the point where I also started pointing out club ads myself. But as the months have gone on I notice that he calls out a lot of reviews that club ads that myself and others wondered why right in the comments. A review from a first time poster that speaks too highly of a club he's quick to call a club ad, even if it describes the club quite accurately and even has a few negative accounts. Also, any review by a dancer and he's quick to tell her to not waste space posting here. I've seen a couple well done reviews from dancers where he's done this. Not cool, especially if Founder is trying to entice more dancers to use this site. Reviews done about couples visits, same kind of berating from him. Overall he seems like a good contributor, just needs to calm down with the club ad accusations and harassing dancers and couples who make reviews.
  • nofuglies
    5 years ago
    I agree with all of IceyLoco's comments on the subject
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    scrubster's batting average on legit club ad review accusations appears to me to be in the .700 to .800 range. He's usually spot on when the user has only 1 review and no other posts. He is quick to accuse on what reads like a club ad despite the reviewing user having previously posted multiple non-ad reviews. Not worthy of a ban, though.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    Keep desertscrub. He sure does not come across as a competitor of yours.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Free the scrub
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    I'd wager that founder didn't seriously feel the need to ask the question, as he probably had same wtf reaction as most of us. He'll probably reply to "plaintiff" with a link to this thread, and the comment "majority hath spoken, now stfu."
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    Desertscrub might go overboard with the "club ad" thing, but he does put some shit reviews on blast many times. Desertscrub has complimented me on my reviews several times, so he actually does say positive stuff sometimes. I do not think he is some competitor trying to discredit the site. Don't ban the guy.
  • 501traveler
    5 years ago
    Keep desertscrub. I agree with his "club ad" comments more than 75% of the time. Sometimes he maybe overboard, but he does add to this site. Forget about the snowflakes who have a problem with him calling out some reviews. Can I double trust him for telling Icey to shut the fuck up?
  • bubba267
    5 years ago
    I have that whole other theory. I think desert scrub was feeling a little down and sent this "complaint email to founder so we could all come to his defense LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    LOL
  • Lil_Baller100
    3 years ago
    Dat boy needs some Henny
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    @founder that sucks I bet he's made the value of your equity in this site drop by billions, just like what happened to Zucky with the big outage. It would be fun if you published a "Top 10 most ignored TUSCL members" list every so often. I bet desertscrub's a contender.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Scrubby is indeed the currently most ignored (in the past 18 months) [view link]
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Did nicespice have to do extras for founder to know about all the poweruser site features?
  • founder
    3 years ago
    Totally
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    desertscrub is a little out there. His "club ad" MO is weird but I take it as just another reason to focus on writing a good review, knowing I'm stepping up to the plate already down 0 and 1. It gives me a chuckle when he downvotes one of my reviews. His antics don't bother me half as much as SJG and 2Icee or whatever he calls himself now. SJG spends all his time bumping dead threads from years ago (most of them his own) 10 or 12 at a time, just to be an asshole and piss people off. Now he's taken over the "stripper photos" area, posting a dozen pics of stupid and useless garbage. I put him on ignore, but I still have to see the stupid fucking pictures he posts.
  • rl27
    3 years ago
    What support scrub?
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    Actually scrub that support was 2.5 years ago. You've pissed many people off here since then. Having said that, You do what you want, I personally don't have a problem with you but yeah you could dial it down a bit.
  • RTP
    3 years ago
    I used to be a fan of Desertscrub. I think he has gone too far in some of his attacks on other members, but in no way do I feel like we need to censor him. I still agree with many of his comments and his reviews are good. I just wish he would revert to the kinder, gentler Scrub with the "Magic Wand".
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    The cranky old man persona, club ad down voting, all caps rants, anal fixation, gay sex threats, and whatever the F the long sleeves/covid thing is, are all annoying, but ultimately ignorable. The hateful, hurtful comments he posts on the photos dancers post of themselves is unacceptable. If you find them unattractive, keep it to yourself. Why would you want to discourage dancer pics?
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    What's a Desert Scrub ? Some type of cactus ?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Scrub might be a vitriolic bastard, but he's ultimately harmless. His fellow refractory schizophrenic, SJG, not only bumps ancient OT threads but also posts rapey fantasies. He is creating a legal liability for the board. Something happens in the Bay Area, we're getting subpoenaed.
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    I took my first Desertscrub “club ad” as a rite of passage and badge of honor. He is pretty accurate at calling them out though. If everyone got along and had the same opinions it would be pretty boring.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Tetradon suffers from anal / cranial inversion. And he needs to learn how to use ignore. SJG [view link]
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Tell the authorities to ignore your rape fantasies. People have been banned here for making far less legally liable comments.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    [view link] SJG The Satanic Temple | Mental Health Abuse and Malpractice [view link]
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    #gobstopper Desertscrub is far from accurate with his club ad posts these days. I watched him downvote a review where a man flew all the way to Colombia to visit clubs there. Imagine you fly to a different hemisphere, experience all these cool adventures, and take a lot of time sharing them with people on the site. All for some asshole with a paranoia problem to call it a club ad or shill review. It also royally pisses me off when he talks shit to dancers under their posted photos. Imagine a beautiful woman takes time to post photos here of her own accord, only for some old crusty fuckface to make fun of her looks. If you have nothing nice to say then shut the fuck up. He needs to get back on his meds and calm the fuck down. Folks talk about his good Intel and all that, shit so far he hadn't posted about any of that. It's just a bunch of annoying shit talking and it's really old.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    He's routinely shitty to new TUSCL users as well as dancers here (regardless of how long they've been on TUSCL). I know that some of the folks here have this "fight club" attitude about TUSCL, but it's really just a website about titty bars. If we want actual dancer participation as well as new reviewers / customers using the site, then having SJG and desertscrub being the first impression isn't a good look. I also see dancers post photos that I don't find attractive. My solution is to not comment. It's that simple. And I don't need scrub's expertise to know what images are Photoshopped. I assume that they almost all are to some degree. I'll care if there's a chance I'll wind up in VIP with one of the nameless women posted by a customer. If not, it's online eye candy.
  • rickthelion
    3 years ago
    C’mon folks. Scrub ape is a good ape. Yeah, he’s an asshole. But whaddya expect from a non-rick ape? How ‘bout this: everybody lays off the Scrub and Scrub agrees to lay of those claiming to be sexy females. He can go at female impersonators one the board reaches a consensus that they are not female. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. ROAR!!!
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I always just thought it was his “shtick” and he was trying to be funny or ironic with the repeated “club ad” comments. Just take it with a grain of salt and keep moving.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Fuck shrub and his three hump camel
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    There are a few really angry posters on this board. They change the tone of nearly every thread.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    desertscrub is Bernie Sanders irl. He wants to sabotage TUSCL as a review site, and get people using yelp instead. He can't allow internet billionaires like founder to continue to succeed and cause wealth inequality.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    I have little doubt desertscrub is real. I have read many of his reviews, and they’re pretty good. *Some* of his “shill” posts are on target, but most are obvious overreactions. None of that means he’s not an asshole.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Of course *some* of his "club ad" posts are accurate. Even a broken clock is correct twice per day.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    WWJD?
  • lurkingdog
    3 years ago
    I didn’t know that founder was a billionaire! When are we going to see the TUSCL space rocket to the strip clubs in Mars?
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Desertscrub is real. He posted a detailed review for a day that I happened to be in the same club. His memorable behavior in the club matched his review and his online personality.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    founder's trip into space is delayed due to glitches with the innovative technology he's using. He's launching himself with a giant stripper slingshot thong.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Everything I ever comment or post, he comments on and insults me, he says I’m stupid and a whore and even said I’m poor once (???). I do not understand his mission. People saying they haven’t seen him recently, he just called my review a fake one about a week ago. I review clubs as a courtesy lol. Head scratcher.
  • founder
    3 years ago
    The new site will address this issue.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    —>“Desertscrub is real. He posted a detailed review for a day that I happened to be in the same club. His memorable behavior in the club matched his review and his online personality.” Oh jeez
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    "Desertscrub is real. He posted a detailed review for a day that I happened to be in the same club. His memorable behavior in the club matched his review and his online personality." Delusional and overly self-important? Was he caught masturbating in the bathroom, or arguing with a mirror?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I'm not sure that the question or problem has ever been whether or not desertscrub is "real". The problem is that his online personality being an accurate representation of his real-life personality isn't actually a selling point...
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    founder said "The new site will address this issue." Good.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Desert scrub approves my reviews lulz
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Both of them
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Could be that more people are realizing that it is better to not feed the trolls.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Could be that it seems inauthentic that your newfound sense of gentle diplomacy pops up not long after founder notes that the new site will address your more typical behavior. How much credit are you expecting for not being an asshole for only 1 out of every 500 to 700 posts?
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Desertscrub is a shit head who for some reason thinks that being an asshole to everyone is somehow contributing something to the site. It’s not. Every once in a while he writes a mediocre review, but he’s a big net negative. He only apologizes after he’s drawn enough negative attention to himself to be noticed by Founder. As many probably recall, the last time was a year or so ago after he made his uncalled for, disgusting misogynistic attacks on LinzeeDet. Even then, he was too much of a pussy to publicly apologize after attacking her publicly. Lindzee was gracious enough to acknowledge receiving an apology PM from him, which calm things down, but he immediately resumed being an asshole to everyone else. Now this: “this site will become like every other sc site.” Does he really think he’s a draw for the site? I’m sure the opposite is true. I wonder how many potential paying customers with credit card in hand he has driven away after they dipped their toes in the discussion board and then were attacked by this moron for no reason. And the same goes for dancers, who he seems to attack with particular venom. I don’t care whether he gets banned or not. At least he doesn’t usually spam the board, like SJG and is easy to skip over. I don’t own the board, so it’s not my potential paying customers he’s driving away. But I certainly won’t miss him if he does get banned.
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    Either ban him or don't. I'd prefer him gone, but acknowledge he'd probably be right back on a different username, same shit, and wack a troll gets old. But quit posting why and giving all the other fucktards ideas.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion