tuscl

Lack Of Stage Tipping

Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:14 AM
One of my pet peeves in any strip club is the cheap ass guys who don't even come up to the stage to give the dancers a buck or two when they're doing their obligatory stage dances. I understand that stage dancing is only pocket money to the girls who make the lion-share of their revenue in the back rooms; but to me it's a lack of common courtesy not to tip dances while on stage.....even the one's you think maybe should be stripping if you know what I mean. I usually bring about $30 in ones each time I go to the club and tip each of the first 15 girls to dance $2. It's a great way to build a little goodwill and be recognized. Plus it's also polite.

70 comments

• Dougster
    12 years ago
    Fuck off, homo. Nobody gives a shit.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    I do stage tip, but it's for the only girls I'm interested in. I see no need to tip a girl I have no interest in.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I think this tenis"want your cock in my"bum guy is the second coming of alutard. Rules for "politeness" when dealing with whores? 18th century poetry on the beauty and mystery of women? Dude, if you're such a lady's man, go out there and date your supermodels already. Don't tell us how to act around whores. We got that figured out ourselves.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Btw, tenis"put it in my"bum. How did your bid to get yourself made into forum moderator work out for you? FAGGOT!
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    I agree with you, but I only tip the girls who interest me.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    This "tennisbum" seems to fancy himself a real Casanova, but in reality he is just a homo.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I don't agree with tenisbum1776 regarding tipping. Name calling accomplishes nothing but demonstrate the type of person the name caller is.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    I tip. I care about stage shows. I alway tip $3-8 to every dancer onstage when I arrive. I want to see some asses shaking! Not bored bitches milling around. Dancers who I know dance well will get $10-30 a set, I'll give a Heffner tip to hot dancers around $5-10, and some nights I'll give an FDR tip to every dancers on stage that night of at least $3.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Except when you or tenishomo do it, right, alutard? Why no lead by example. Otherwise it is pretty hard to take you seriously (the fact that you are retarded doesn't help matters either).
  • tenisbum1776
    12 years ago
    @alucard What name calling?
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    And for the record, I don't give two fucks if any of you tip. I tip because I want to see some titties bouncing. If I wanted to watch naked chicks lean on a pole a gossip, I'd stay home and watch the fucking Sopranos.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    How about this tenishomo? You do what you like regarding tipping, we do what we want. Neither side tries to tell the other side what to do, or whines like a baby regarding their "pet peeves" which nobody gives a fuck about?
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    The name calling by Dougster in this thread. But if you have him blocked you won't see it.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Nothing to say about your own name calling alutard? Ok, whatever, moron.
  • tenisbum1776
    12 years ago
    What person with any common sense who wants the forum to be a positive experience WOULDN'T have blocked Doug in the first 24 hours? I see he's made 6 replies to this thread and I didn't have to read one of them. Sweet.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Some people aren't gay tenishomo and can deal with what I say.
  • sclvr5005
    12 years ago
    I'll tip most of the dancer's a buck or two if they put on a halfway decent stage show. Sometimes this works against you tho if you wind up getting approached later by the ones that don't interest you for dances.
  • neon44
    12 years ago
    I usually tip at least $1 even if I'm not sitting at the stage. I prefer clubs where all seats aren't at the stage.
  • sclvr5005
    12 years ago
    yeah I rarely sit stage side. I prefer skulking in the background until I see a dancer that I want, then I'll pounce.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    My tipping policy regarding the stage is to tip when I wish the dancer to visit me. Otherwise no tipping.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Oh, it happens. You just have to decline the lap dances but say you enjoyed the stage show. I've lost track of how many dancers I've interacted with over the past 2yrs, but really only a few were difficult at taking No for an answer. It's part of the business they gotta reject a lot of advances, so do you.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    That was aimed at strip club liver (or whatever sclvr stands for)
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Just go to the stage, give 'em a buck and say, `That's a tip from your Uncle Lar.'
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    If a girl won't perform well on stage because she's not getting tipped. I don't care. That's her problem, not mine. If she does something that I really like, and I feel she deserves to be rewarded, I'll reward her. But I don't reward people for doing their job. I don't do it for the kid at McDonald's, I don't do it for the clerk at Target, I don't do it for the guy who delivers my mail, and I don't do it for girls in a strip club just because they're pretty. If she wants to act bored on stage, then let her act bored on stage. I'll ignore her and spend my time getting lapdances. Why you guys are so concerned about dancers, and their pay, and whether they're being coddled and encouraged to be nice to you and do their best is far beyond my comprehension. Personally, I think it's sad. At least be consistent, and don't be a fucking hypocrite. And if you're gonna tip everyone who is working at a job that relies on tips, then tip the kid at McDonald's, and the poor single mom with 3 kids at the checkout at Target, and the guy who delivers your mail every day. But to tip people just to make them get off their asses and do their job is fucking crazy, IMO.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    But I'm not there to get my dick sucked and the postman and Target clerks don't have near as many dick sucking coworkers to compete with. I'm there to watch women dance naked, and I certainly can't expect them to be enthusiastic about it, if all the stage show has come to is a tipless advertisement for the three-dancer Monte, blow job game back in the lap dance room.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    I only tip the dancers who interest me. If they are not potential lap dance material, I will leave the tipping to someone else. Plus there are a lot of overweight dancers these days that should not be working in a strip club. Tipping those girls just keeps them around longer. I know a lot of guys tip those girls out of sympathy, but seriously they should be doing something else.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    There is almost never stage tipping at the clubs I visit in S. Florida. Cheat, no. The dancers use the tip walk after their dances, and that puts the onus on almost having to tip, whereas on stage, it would be discretionary.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    BTW, generally the only time I do tip a stage dancer is when I go to some of my favorite black clubs in da hood. Unfortunately, the way it works at those clubs is that most of the dancers spend their shift socializing with the locals and regulars. They sit around BS'ing and drinking with the morons with no life who come to the club to get a pretty girl to act nice to them. It sucks for guys like me, but the best (and sometimes only) way to get these girls' attention is to wait until they're on stage, give them a tip, and after their set they'll come down and make the round to whoever tipped them and say thanks. That's when I grab them for a lapdance. Yeah, it's lame, but paying a few bucks to get some of these girls in the back for an excellent splooge fest is the price of admission, I suppose.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Lol
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    IME, this depends on the club. Generally I try to tip the girls I'm interested in. Not tipping anyone is sort of out of line IMO.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    "Not tipping anyone is sort of out of line IMO." Oh, so you DO tip the clerk at McDonalds, and the poor mom at the checkout at Target, and your mailman, and all the other minimum wage workers you encounter every day?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    But whores are special!
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    lol jerkison...are you Mr. Pink? [view link]
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Did you ever wonder Andy Rooney RIP
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    There's a reason minimum wage jobs pay minimum wage. The McDonalds clerk only has her manager asking for a blow job and grabbing her ass and if she wants she can report him for harassment. A stripper has everyone asking for a blow job, grabbing her ass and shoving a dry finger up it. It's not the same job. But that's not why I tip. I tip because any Tammy, Snatch, or Hairy will work harder when they get paid more. Bottom line. Now some may not be able to dance. I lost a little money, lesson leathered. But the ones that do are worth the previous loss and then some. I like a good show and tipping is worth it to me. Now as some have said, fat, old, thieving, fucked up, dance like Carlton Banks, or any dancer you don't fancy shouldn't be getting tipped, just because. I mean I have done it, but I was drunk and felt like tipping everyone that night -- including the bathroom troll, door chick, VIP guy, etc.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    "It's not the same job." No shit? Really? Stripping is different? Holy carp, the insight in this forum is awesome. Who the fuck cares that the stripper has everyone asking for a BJ? For some reason you think it's up to ME to somehow make it better and pay her because she's got it rough? Are you fucking serious? If she doesnt' like it, get a different job. That's what you would do, that's what I would do, she's no different. Geezus the ridiculous rationalizations you guys come up with are unbelievable. And if you think it's reasonable to pay some chick to do her job, rather than sit on stage looking bored, then that's up to you. I just think it's ludicrous to cater to her crap. If she doesn't want to do a good job, nobody tips her, and maybe she'll get it in her thick fucking skull that IF SHE JUST DID SOMETHING WORTH TIPPING NEXT TIME SHE'D GET A TIP. But with all of you guys paying for mediocrity, no wonder the clubs suck.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I think there are a couple if things going thriving the minds of those who get their panties in a knot over lack of tipping: 1) they think that by tipping it would prove they really do respect whores and, hence, women in general. (Yeah big leap from one to other I didn't say these guys were smart, and also once you pay a whore for sex pretty hard to argue you respect them) 2) they think that by showing this respect to whore the whores will respect them back. Yeah, dream on with that shit, once you pay a woman for sex, game over.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    By the way, let me suggest you guys consider this during your next club trip: Instead of tipping to make them do their job, try a different approach. Kinda like training a dog...you give them a treat when they did good, but don't give them a treat when they screw up. And you let them know what was good and what was bad. For example, let's say she comes on stage with lots of energy, wearing an especially hot outfit, teases you, makes eye contact, whatever. In that case you wait until she gets off stage, and you tell her to come over. Then you tell her "y'know, I really liked how you danced for me, and I liked your outfit, blah, blah, blah..." and tell her EXACTLY what you liked. And then tell her "Because of that I'm gonna give you a tip", and hand her the tip. Good dog. I suspect that if enough guys have the stones to do that, then the whole strip club experience will improve in short order. But most guys don't have the stones to do that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Tennis, I respect your opinion and your sentiment w.r.t. tipping. But everyone should spend (or not spend) their money as they see fit. Just b/c one does not tip, or tip often, does not necessarily mean they are cheap. I, as well as many other TUSCLers I presume, spend a good amount of $$$ on each SC visit - it’s just that we choose to spend it our way and on the particular dancers we want to spend it on. I will often spend 4 hours in a SC. If I tip every single girl, then that is a descent sum taking all the other expenses (cover; drinks; parking; LDs; etc) that go along with this expensive hobby. When I do feel like tipping, I will sit stage side and tip every girl that performs – but this is a “personal” choice.
  • she_is_covfefe
    12 years ago
    Jerkison, did you know that dancers do not get paid by the club?! Your comments sound as if WE (the dancers) got any compensation from the club. About tipping in general. I've noticed this is different in every place. Some clubs are big about tipping dancers on stage, others aren't.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    "Jerkison, did you know that dancers do not get paid by the club?! Your comments sound as if WE (the dancers) got any compensation from the club." Yes, of that I am aware. You are independent contractors, and you probably pay the club to work there, no? But i don't care how you get paid, or what you get paid, or what you get in tips, or if you get tips. Just like you don't care how I get paid, nor does any dancer give a rip about her customers paycheck. We were talking about tips. Nothing to do with compensation.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    Motorhead - LOL! I tip those I am interested in usually. But I usually don't sit at the stage.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I'm just waiting for tenishomo/Casanova to tell us how he gets much better dances than all the other PLs as a result of his small $1 investment in stage tipping. That's how clueless this newbie/homo is.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    I hate it when some strippers bitch and complain about only getting tipped a dollar or two and ask you for more money while tipping them on stage. Those are the rude whores that ruin it for the rest.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I don't understand why you care if some customers don't tip the dancers on stage. I can see why the dancers would care, but what's it to you if customers are cheap? I only tip dancers I'm interested in getting lap dances from. It's a mistake, IMO, to tip fuglies because then they will come to my table and bother me. I don't mind if the fuglies think I'm cheap. That will keep them away.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    lol, very well said jackslash.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    To be honest, it's better for you if other customers are being cheap. Easier for you to outshine them and get more attention if that is what you are seeking.
  • HowdyPilgrims
    12 years ago
    If I sit at the stage I'll tip every girl that dances. I think by sitting at the stage you have that obligation. If I'm not at the stage I won't tip them. Why the hell should I? I also don't tip the bartender for pouring other gentlemen their drinks or the bouncer for kicking ruffians out the door. ?
  • ww
    12 years ago
    I agree with Jerik...use tipping to train your favorites...lap dances are tips and I tip plenty to the ladies I like!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I'm with ranukam on this subject. I only sit at the stage to watch girls I'm interested in, who are usually my faves. Occasionally a new dancer piques my curiosity. I tip each one of them. When they're off the stage, I move back to my regular seat in the club. There are clubs where the dancers will make the round of the audience after their stage set is finished at ask every single customer in the club for a dollar: "Did you see my show?" is the line they use. Categorically, I hate that practice. I believe San Diego clubs conduct themselves in that manner.
  • Chemicaltoilet
    12 years ago
    Why does this bother you so much? In fact, if you're tipping and others aren't, it makes you look better in comparison to the dancers. MY pet peeve is when some guy spends MORE than me on the girl I want dances from, not less.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Tell them you were napping Club_Goer. LOL
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    For starters, why does it matter whether I or uncle jimbob over ther tip? She's not gonna get off stage because she wasn't tipped enough. Its apart of her job to give a stage show. If your more worried about the lack of tips than the girl in front of you, either she's boring for you or your gay (ill assume the former for safety). And I RARELY tip. I didn't come there for the stage show, I came for some bump and grind and stripping on my lap. But when I do stage tip, its usually because I REALLY want that girl on stage and its always in 5s and 10s (always because I don't get singles, damn bartenders yet EVERYONE ELSE gets singles).
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I usually tip the girl on stage if she is interesting but do not tip the girls that put forth no effort on stage or do not interest me. A pet peve is the ones who go around and solicit tips after they get off stage. I will sometimes give a pity tip when a decent dancer is not getting any tips in an empty club and I use tipping at the rail to leave my table when a girl I am not interested in will not leave.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    I was with a guy in Bourbon Street Circus in Phoenix. We arrived, sat down, ordered our drinks. He opens his wallet and inspects it, takes out a couple of 20's. He turns to me and says, "I'll be back. I gotta go get some chum." A few minutes later he comes back with a wad of singles.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    A couple of weeks ago at my favorite club one of my lower favorites came up to me just before she was due on stage for 3 songs. She asked me to tip her while she was up there because she feels like a fool not getting any tips for 3 songs. So I took care of her when she got up there. I probably wouldn't have tipped her if she hadn't asked. This club is just not a stage tipping club. It is all about private dances. The rare time that I do tip on stage is when I really want to get a dancers attention. That works about 50% of the time.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I sometimes wonder if the lack of stage tipping is either shyness or not understanding what you can get for a buck at the stage? There's a local club I used to go to a lot, where the dancers did three song sets. On more than one occasion, I have been the first customer to tip at the stage, even if I wait for the second song for some reason. After I'm done, it seems like they all get up at that point. It's like they don't want to be the first pervert up there. I did that one time for a dancer, and even though I'd only given her a buck, and she came down afterwards, sat in my lap and said thank you. When I asked for what, she said, for getting these lame fucks off their asses and tipping. Then she let me play with her boobs for a few minutes, which was the *real* thank you.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Ok jerikson, I just tipped my Sonic waitress $5 instead of $0 or $1 or $2. You know what I got for that $5? Excellent service, a conversation with a cute girl, my ass kissed for 30 mins, and a bag of tots. Unexpected tips make people feel good, want to work, and do a good job. I don't see the problem. Again I'm not advocating you or anyone here tip. Those that don't tip, makes me have to tip less. And I like that. Because I'm cheap.
  • tenisbum1776
    12 years ago
    @harrydave "chum" is exactly what it is. Well done.
  • Dolfan
    12 years ago
    I notice the same thing as GMD. I'm down in S. FL too and a lot of places do the tip walk, but in the ones that don't it seems like no one wants to be the first to tip but they have a parade after someone tips first. I generally make it a point to not tip dancers I'm not interested in. Half (or more) of the time it results in them coming over and trying to chat me up. I'll tip dancers I would like to come over, as its a good excuse to come up and say "hey, come over when you're done" or dancers I enjoy watching on stage. Other than that, if I'm not in the front row I'm not tipping. How much I tip is a function of attractiveness, drunkenness, & availability of alternatives.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    mmmmmmm.....tots.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    The two times I bothered to tip, no girl ever came my way. Another reason why I don't like to tip. No payoff
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Make eye contact when approaching the stage. If a stripper ignores you, don't waste your time. 90% of the time though, they'll come your way.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    I must have gotten the 10% because I did that and still nothing
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    And another thing... In my experience the only clubs where the dancers are even polite about getting tips are the black clubs, where they come by and thank each guy who tips them, individually. Now that is how they should do things. But in most other clubs, they don't even glance your way, they just grab the bills and stuff them in their whatever. Fuck that. You get a tip from us for just doing your freakin' job, at LEAST be a little polite and appreciative, instead of a greedy bitch who thinks we owe her for some reason.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    That is the way they do things in Shreveport/BC, thanking for tips after a show but no lap dance sale. Man, I don't know what to say about your strip club experiences vs mine. I can't say they're aren't ROBs or rude dancers at The Clubhouse, Jag's, or Rhino. But I can say I haven't had a bad night at those clubs in a long time. I come in looking to have a good time, blow $20 tipping random dancers, spot one I like - attractive, friendly, good dancer, tip her, ask her to cone over, chat, drink, get some dances, her number for next time, go home, everyone's a winner! That method has worked over a dozen times in the past couple years and it started with tipping. All the bad shit happened when I tried to fuck some of those strippers and did dumb shit in the process - like letting one live with me.
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    I agree with jerickson. If you tip for good service, the rewards will come. I love going into a lame club with a bunch of cheap asses. If all dancers come out and just go through the motions, because they have been so beaten down, then I watch a while and leave. But if there is a girls who does try to put on a show with a little bit of enthusiasm, I'll go up and tip her, and that $1 or $2 will pay off well. And maybe the other girls will start to get the idea that they need to step up their game. It just might snowball. Then I just need to watch myself out in the parking lot when a cheap ass local doesn't like my approach.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Frankly, I don't know why anyone would care if anyone's tipping. That said, if they are sitting at the stage and not tipping, that's disrespectful. Of course, the level of tipping depends on the club. At one of the places I go to, they have so many people there at times that the only way to get attention is to tip, and even then, it's still a challenge to get a girl's attention if you want a lapdance (too many girls who prefer to hide out in the dressing room, mostly). OTOH, at one of the other clubs I visit, tipping is secondary there. They would have more tipping if they did what my favorite club does, which is stage side lapdances.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Why the fuck does anyone care about whether other guys are tipping or not? Customs vary dramatically from region to region and I just try to go with the flow in whatever place I am at. I generally won't sit at a tip rail or approach standalone stages, but when I am targeting something or in a place with different norms, I may deviate from this stance. One of the regional differences I have noted is how uncommon stage tipping seems to be in certain areas down south vs. the NE and parts of the midwest. Shit, in some areas in the colder climates, the girls will do tip walks after their stage routines. Anyway, to each his own.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I'd rather see an empty stage rather than some dancers whom I do not believe should be dancing at all. I will not tip such dancers. I believe that is encouraging them to dance and repulse people even more. That is not the reason I paid a cover charge for the strip club and paid extra high drink prices. I paid to look at attractive girls hopefully. I'm willing to tip dancers I like. I'd prefer the others who look ugly would stay home or work on getting a job at Kmart.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion