tuscl

New forums and such... that happened fast.

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
Should be an interesting way forward.

87 comments

• san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    It locks people out from some threads.

For some of us, verification is not going to happen, need to maintain anonymity protections.

No reason for making these new restrictions, talking about "The Front Room".

This forum has flourished because it has been open and respectful of anonymity, and because it has respected people's threads and posts. Because of such respect for anonymity, it has been possible to talk about all sorts of things which could never be talked about where anonymity could be broken.

Everyone has Ignore and Thread by Thread Ignore. Should be no reason for locking people out of Front Room and from the old material.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Front Room seems to be changed back.

Thanks Founder.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Wrong.

The Front Room only has threads started by unverified members. All the Front Room threads that were started by verified members are now in the Verified Room.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    This is getting complicated.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Thank you founder for giving politics it's own room!
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @san_jose_creep the site flourishes because of those that contribute to the site by writing reviews and articles and sharing actual strip club experiences. It has nothing to do with anonymity.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Not sure I like this requiring to get Verified bit.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Warrior... Only to post to that forum.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    it is getting more complicated...

butt i will adapt. (i hope.)
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Actually, things are changing every time I refresh the site. So, I'm going to shut up until founder finishes moving the furniture around.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I thought the Front Room required verification - the link I had to the Front Room now connects to this new "Verified Room" and I don't have access since I'm not verified nor care to be - I don't prefer the splitting up of discussion rooms - I can understand a room just for the dancers but now we have 3 discussions areas for non-dancer threads - I don't see the point - I didn't care for the VIP discussion area to begin with and it's slow compared to the Front Room - and now we are adding an additional discussion area - has Founder stated why this new discussion area?
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    I agree with Papi. I would like just one discussion room. The ignore function takes care of weeding out the BS.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    At this moment, the Front Room has all the original FR threads. The Verified Room has only one thread from founder.

But that could change.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I like it. This shows a commitment to organic growth and maturation for the Discussion board, including the ability to allow dancers to interact with guys who they know are verified and vice versa.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Personally, I'm going to give it a chance before I shit on it. I know that's not the TUSCL way, but it's not going to murder anyone to take it out for a test drive.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Per what Rick mentioned, I guess the new Verified Room is perhaps meant as an area for PLs and dancers to coexist/interact

Up to now the VIP area and dancer-area don't seem to have much traffic, so I would assume this new area may not be a big hit; but we'll see
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I think a verified member could start a thread in the Verified Room or the Front Room. If they select the latter then less people would be able to read and respond.

In my view Verification is helpful for those considering F2F meetings, but not as a special posting room. And it does undermine anonymity.

VIP Status, in my view, is well established in the Adult Sites world, and mostly it is for reading the full texts of reviews. So that gets the closest to strip clubs, and such clubs are expensive.

I find a VIP special room to be reasonable. And I find the opportunity to read full reviews to be sufficient incentive to yield Articles, Reviews, and Payments.

VIP and Verified Rooms do also tend to limit trolling. But I still think the VIP Room is enough. And everyone has their Member Ignore and their Thread Ignore. I feel that these are the most practical solutions.

As far as a Politics Room, there will always be then the problem of those who post things in the wrong room, between that and the Front Room. And I feel that the Thread Ignore option should be sufficient. But if that is what people want, then okay.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    ^^^ You realize that you're one of the primary reasons why there are so many electric fences popping up around content on this site, right?

I mean, you're not the only culprit, but you're a mover and shaker in the world of voyeur intellectualism, telling people that they're having fun wrong, crazy pants politics, and strip clubbing from the creepy fantasy perspective of an under-medicated autistic.

So, you're approval of these changes one way or another is more laughable than anything else.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Ishmael, if I were not such a nice guy, you would have been on ignore already.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    If you were a nice guy, you wouldn't threaten violence against those who call you on the gushing broken fire hydrant of horseshit you put out.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I've never posted anything which is not true. When I've posted something which sounds like it is my own direct experience, then that is what it is. When I've repeated things I've read about, I've always made that clear.

Now I do defend the privacy of my f2f life. Seems that there have been a few people who can't accept that. But most of our posters are also very careful about what they disclose of their f2f lives. People have to draw the lines where they see fit.

SJG
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ @san_jose_creep you don't even go to strip clubs this century.

You don't contribute other than you are a cautionary tale to all other married PLs on how to ruin your marriage and life due to excessive mongering. You don't write reviews, you don't write articles, and you create numerous threads just for you to have a discussion with yourself.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ and you are a hypocrite in that you tell others that they have their fun wrong but you don't even go to strip clubs this century.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @Fun_Loving_Fella I submitted my verification pic earlier tonight for the very same reason. I plan on supporting threads in there as much as possible.

LOL I still think the current Front Room should be called the Parking Lot, though.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Quick review: As things stand, the only unique benefit being a "verified member" (assume those with gold check mark are verified members) is being able to post and read in the Verified Forum. Non-verified pukes like myself (and several other high profile members) can still post in most other forums, submit reviews, and if VIP current, can read reviews, post in VIP section, and vote on whether or not a review should be published. Clear as mud now ?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I think founder is trolling us lol
    if he wasn't instead of all this stupid bullshit he would bring back the two way ignore, end of problem.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I have been verified for a good while. Thus, I could care less about the issue. I will read all rooms and post where I choose. Now, if I could just grow a set of tits for one night so that I could be verified as a stripper, then I could post in the dancer room. However, I am a bit afraid that if I did grow those tits, then I would likely want to keep them so that I could play with them at night, every night.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Call,

You say, "So, I'm going to shut up until founder finishes moving the furniture around." As one that does what founder does, we never finish "moving the furniture".
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    While that's true, when I made that comment last night the forums were actually changing names, changing positions, and threads were moving from forum to forum.

Perhaps "upheaval" would have been a more appropriate term.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Can we nominate a discussion thread to be moved to the politics room, if it got turned political? Case in point the hypothetical of the Tulsi-klobuchar threesome?
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    We need a forum just for old white guys with hemorrhoids!
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    ^are we going to call it God's Waiting Room?
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    In fairness, I don't think we could have a thread on spit vs swallow without it devolving into libtard, betacuck, deplorable, my side of the aisle is better than yours bullshit.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    In fairness, you're not wrong.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    To be fair all I have said is that I hate progressives and milennials. If the Democrats ran a normal human being like Joe Manchin I'd vote for him, so I am not on Trump's side except for immigration, where he is too liberal for me, but the closest to what I believe. As far as sides? I am against progressives, so no matter what, I am on the side opposing them and yes I consider them to be no better than any other hate group.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    To be fair, you and the others harping at each other ad nauseum in a multitude of threads (political or not) sound more like bratty, shrill school children in the playground fighting over a lollipop.

It doesn't have even a vague resemblance to political debate.

And yet it's the millenials here who get slagged constantly for their behavior. The irony is cloying.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    No one appreciates quality trolling. Back in the day..........lol
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I think it's all incredibly dumb.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    You're correct and therefore I will cease and desist.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Thank you. I appreciate it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    VH_Kicks... That was directed at you in equal amounts. But you know that already.

Honestly, it's hard to believe that there's actual grown men typing this stuff. Grow up.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    You are correct Ish and as I said I am done..
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Got it. And I do appreciate that.

As will many others, I suspect.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    FunLoving, if you want an exclusive space, why not go for VIP?

And if there are some posters or some threads you do not like, why not just use ignore.

I'll be happy not to be hearing negative meta from you.

SJG

Is Donald Trump still President?
    https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…

If you are struggling and support Trump I understand. If you have money and support Trump you are a piece of shit

Calling for the Resignation of Donald Trump !

Warm Water Port? Has Trump Committed Treason?

Who Will Give Trump Asylum, And Can He Get There?

Trump Totally Wrong About Border and Wall

UBI ( Universal Basic Income )
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Yeah... you're still a big part of why the forums need to be segmented into vertical silos.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    CMI, people may not agree with each other, but I don't think any of us should be trying to get other people banished, silenced, or pushed into the corner. When we can engage in rational discourse great, but otherwise we just have to learn to accept differing views.

And remember Member Ignore and Thread Ignore are always available.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    SJG said "When we can engage in rational discourse great, but otherwise we just have to learn to accept differing views."

Says the guy who threatens violence when anyone calls him on his bullshit.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I just bit my tongue. Maybe 35 dancers here. Less customers.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    It's dumb to split the site into more than 2 discussion forums. Just make one related to strip clubs and the other for off-topic stuff.

I also don't know how to get verified without owning a camera.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ^ Has there been ANYTHING founder has done on this site that you have ever liked?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Liwet said "I also don't know how to get verified without owning a camera."

See if you can trade your fax machine for one.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    "When we can engage in rational discourse great, but otherwise we just have to learn to accept differing views."

@san_jose_creep throughout your entire TUSCL history you've NEVER accepted a differing view of getting a lapdance than your own myopic one. Such a hypocrite. 🤭🤭🤭
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Stupid Jerkoff Guy insists that everyone else “accept differing views,” but wants to force HIS views on everyone else. Is that what you mean? “Accept my views or die”?

Shit for brains.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    See if you can trade your fax machine for one.
    ——-
    Roflmao
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Once founder hands me the ban hammer, there will be a reckoning.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ^ I am shaking in my boots
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Pervert = winner of this thread IMO. Everyone jumped on SJG and deservedly so for yet another hypocritical ass comment. Prevert, however, had the best insults lol.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Subramod!
  • bran646
    5 years ago
    is SJG the person that the troll bot thing says is a troll?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ yes - but trollbot also calls others trolls
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I am shaking in my boots
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    >^ Has there been ANYTHING founder has done on this site that you have ever liked?

Every day we stray further from the light.

I just think the site could be better and this feels like a step away from that. I didn't like the idea of a VIP room either and my opinion hasn't changed on that; it's still pretty dead in there. This site doesn't get enough non-troll visitors to support all these side-forums. Just two is fine, one for stripping and one for everything else.

>Do you have a phone, laptop, or tablet?

I have a phone, but not a cell phone.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    I like all the separation now that the dust has settled. It's all an improvement in my book. Definitely politics needed to be stand alone due to volume and detraction from strip clubbing. Dancer's Dressing Room is a good haven to attract more dancers to the site and allow them some ability to converse privately amongst themselves no different than at a real strip club. VIP Room is good to give incentive and reward those that contribute to the site in various ways - reviews, articles, and payment. And it's not nearly as filled with troll posts. Verification Room is also less trollish and gives incentive to get verified. And it sets up a place where people can interact with some trust that they and others are who they say they are. The Front Room is still there to be for anyone with a membership to post just like it's always been. But also it's improved in that the politics threads aren't cluttering it up. And last but not least the TJ Mongers room was needed due to stand alone volume of TJ threads. I think all of this is for the better for the site. It's more organized and there are havens from trolls. I say great job with all of it @founder! 👍
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    Anything that keeps Stupid Jerkoff Guy from derailing threads is a good thing.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Ya, while I'll never understand what special kind of retarded you have to be to come to an SC site to talk politics, but if guys want to talk about it, it seems to be a relief that it's all sectored off. I never had a problem ignoring those threads, although it really does suck to come onto the forum and the first 10 posts are CJ Kent shitposts, etc. Even more importantly, I've always felt that, if I were a lurker looking in on this forum, and saw it was nothing but CJ Kent and pro- and anti-Trump posts, I'd wonder WTF and might not come back. I've always wondered how much new blood were driven away by during the Icey & Nicole days, and the political post days that immediately followed.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @Subra I agree. As a lurker before I joined a few years ago I realized the boards were less about strip clubbing and more about politics, san_jose_creep talking to himself threads, and inter-member bickering/trolling. For me it was a total turn-off to the site and joining. I eventually did anyway but all the OT content was off-putting.

Whatever founder does to encourage more posts about strip clubbing is a good thing. The separation of politics from the Front Room is an example.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    It's *almost* tempting to unblock SJG. *Almost*.

I do miss the days when ignore actually ignored, rather than just the hiding it does now. :(
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ with all of the bitching you guys do about the quality of posts why not take a step back and post a quality thread about what y’all think it should be about and if anyone’s interested they’ll comment
    How’s that ?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Sorry GMD that really wasn’t aimed at you
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @twentyfive are you including yourself in that bitching? Sounds a lot like you are bitching about others bitching. Why not take your own advice?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I don’t do a lot of bitching about stuff, and although I do post on political threads I rarely if ever initiate them, I’d like to say that the majority of the threads I do initiate are things I find interesting and I’m sure many of them are strip club related.
  • bran646
    5 years ago
    The split makes sense when a community in general gets big enough. Generally trolls don’t find small sites but they can easily troll the more well known forums in minutes compared to smaller forums because of google
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    I agree @twentyfive. I've always enjoyed your posts. I was surprised just now at that post and I would have expected you to just create that thread you suggested rather than bitch at others to create it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    All this segmenting sucks - now one has to be jumping b/w 3 to 4 different rooms to keep up with threads - and it's not as if people are gonna stop trolling a particular room or not putting political threads in the Front Room
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I agree Papi and I don't even know where to post a new topic.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I figured it was implied that if political threads got posted here, founder would move them... but now that I'm typing that, I realize how unlikely that sounds
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    No worries, twentyfive, even if it *had* been directed at me. :)

I haven't been posting much of interest lately, so it applies all the same.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @Subra that's the main issue I see. When the TJ forum was created, I wondered if people would actually adhere to the rules and post all their TJ threads in there. So far it's worked, but I believe it's because TJ folks were honestly seeking out information and input from others.

Whereas with the political posts, seems people just want to bother EVERYONE with the posts. We have NemesisK complaining that they should be on the front page because 'people need to know'. The fuck?! I don't come on a strip club site to see any political shit. I don't ever go on CNN or any other political forum because I plainly don't give a fuck. So don't try to force your bullshit on me. Even before this split, I'd simply scroll right the fuck by any thread that had any slight sniff of being political.

I'm glad Founder has created a section for them but I really don't see the main guys who create those threads abiding by the rules and only posting them there. I hope I'm wrong though. I mean even SJG abides by the rules and doesn't create TJ threads outside of the TJ forum. It's just that, like his front room threads, his TJ threads are mostly useless.

I do think there are just a few rooms too many now though. Why have a VIP room AND a verified room?
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    The split between VIP and verified is the only one that I'd question. Founder obviously has a strategy, but I am not smart enough to figure it out lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The Dancers Room if off limits to PLs - I "assume" the Verified Room is meant as a safe space for dancers and non-troll PLs to simultaneously coexist
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    It does seem more individuals are getting motivated to get verified.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I can't figure that out either. I understand VIP. It drives content and payments. Don't understand the advantage to verification. The only thing being verified (sort of) is gender. Is guys pretending to be girls a significant problem on the site?
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ I got verified precisely so I could post to the Verified thread where there will be less trolling than the Front Room.

A couple of extra clicks just to avoid the trolling drivel and san_jose_creep's echo chamber threads in the Front Room are worth it to me.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    The political posts revealed pretty early on that the motivation behind them had nothing to do with a cogent debate about governance, but rather with having an unwilling audience for trolling dressed with the thin pretense of "politics".
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I am a verified sum of a bitch
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    Funny. Macktruck is a verified troll but I'm not.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion