tuscl

Dancing for the first time

Friday, November 21, 2014 9:49 PM
Good evening everyone! This is my first time posting on this site, and I suppose I have a few questions for all of you seasoned club patrons (and of course dancers). I'm a 21 year old college student. Over the summer, with the coaxing of a friend, I applied at a strip club as a hostess. To my surprise, I got the job a week later, and thus began divulging into a different kind of environment. It was foreign, sensual, and almost empowering to me. Every dancer was so sweet, had a story to tell, and the management became a family unit. The customers were usually interesting as well, and I basked in the fun conversations I've had with intellectual men and women who would take their time out to tip me for my conversation. I enjoyed every minute to say the least. Now, a few months later, I've unfortunately had to quit my summer job due to school. As months went by, I found myself infatuated with the idea of dancing. So...I decided to apply at a strip club after months of deliberation. I could use the quick cash to push me along, and I also find the atmosphere comfortable. I went to the club a few days ago, expecting an audition. I held a bag with baby wipes, perfume, lingerie, and carried hope coupled over with anxiety. I was nervous..as I'm sure most first timers are. I was hired on the spot. I'm not, in my opinion, unattractive. I'm 5'2, petite frame with a round shapely backside and proportionate breast I suppose. I'm a mix of Jamaican and Asian, with deep brown skin and large almond eyes. I was somewhat afraid my curves and skin color would be a deliberating factor..as this seemed to be a mostly white club. So imagine how shocked I felt! Lol In any case, I'm to work my first night next week and I'm quite excited. Still, if anyone has any tips or tools of trade, I'd love to know! Customers welcome as well. What do you like in a dancer? Don't like? I'm a bit of a conversationalist, and a nerd. For some reason that surprises people! Lol In any case, just sharing an experience. :)

46 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    You seem very poised, self-confident, and very well spoken (or written I should say). Those qualities should help you tremendously. The membership of TUSCL is mostly a male customer-dominated website. We have a couple of female customer members and just a couple of dancer members, PRESENTLY ACTIVE on TUSCL. There have been many more iwomen members n both categories, but they don't seem to stay around long. If you'd care to share where you'll be working that might help other members assist you. If you're not comfortable divulging the precise club, then just the city or region will help some.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Jamaican and Asian sounds like a good mix to me!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Good luck. Make eye contact with people looking to tip you. If you keep looking away, guys might think you aren't interested in their money. Try to pay attention to people at the stage looking to tip. I've seen dancers ignore or not notice someone wanting to tip. They may only tip a dollar but if you ignore them, it could hurt your chances of getting dances from then later on. oh, try to remember who tipped you, they might be better prospects at getting dances from you.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    If uou thank the people who tipped you, that is a nice gesture and might. make a good impression compared to everyone who doesn't.
  • nemesisk7
    10 years ago
    You need to offer extras
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    Thank you guys so much for the feedback! I appreciate every one of your comments. The club is in South Jersey. I'm still a tiny bit shy in regard to disclose exactly where it is, but who knows how long I'll be there. Thank you Club_goer, I'm a psychology major and tend to love to write! Lol I assure you, I try to be just as eloquent in real life. At my prior job, customers would be pleasantly surprised. It's almost as if they didn't expect to find me there. Certainly not tooting my own horn, I just find it funny as most dancers I know are just as wonderful to talk to. Haha yes! And Jamaican/Asian food is deeelish. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving! Best of both worlds. ;) Thanks for your advice sharkhunter. I always exercise politeness, even towards the more rude customers. At my old job, I would be genuinely happy to get tips so I always thanked them graciously. I will definitely do my best to keep potential tippers in mind as I dance. That's something I'll have to grow accustomed to. Thanks guys, your advice will definitely be kept in mind!
  • Dain
    10 years ago
    Give guys a Girl-Friend Experience--sensual, as if you want them to enjoy it! Prepare a few things to say if a dude wants to push beyond your comfort zone. Most guys would rather be respected and get less in sex than be treated like shit and get off.
  • ujay
    10 years ago
    You appeared to be a smart and well educated young lady. I think that you should stick with regular jobs like being a waitress, hostess, etc, until you complete your education. Take this from a black professional male. Stripping these days is hard work. To truly break through the $$$$ - $$$$$ mark consistently, you will have to offer extras. If you are comfortable with extras, you can cultivate a following for OTC. Try not to have sex in the club, it is messy and greatly risky, venereal disease wise. Reason? small space, minimum condoms, no towels, soap, wipes, etc. Better to have high rollers, who can afford OTC at a 3 star hotel. Cleaner, comfortable, and better. If you need the cash and must strip, then agree for extras only out of the club. No motels. Risky, dangerous, and get raided all the time, with LE looking for individuals with outstanding warrants. Stick with 3 star hotels ( Sheraton, Hilton, etc). If your clients can not afford the 3 star hotels, they can not afford you. Also, doing OTC, you cut off the middle man (stripclub), who takes most of your cash. Use the club only for lapdances and meeting clients. Hint to your clients that you are open to OTC. Good luck. Follow my advice and you will do well. Do not follow my advice, and disaster awaits!
  • Alyssatanggg
    10 years ago
    As stated earlier, I appreciate all of your comments. Everyone is different and it's certainly interesting to read. I'm new to this industry after all. Now in regard to extras... I'm not interested in those. I feel dancing is one thing and extras are a separate clause. I'm not talking down on dancers who do these favors in exchange for money, but it's just not something I'm comfortable with. I'll definitely scope out the club and see if this is really something I want to do. Who knows? It may or may not be for me! :) My type of work would be kind of different I suppose. I want the customers to feel comfortable with me. I want them to feel respected, yet seem like a fantasy to them. I feel as though extras ruin the sensual, fantasy element. Maybe that's just me ahh! Lol Thanks again guys!
  • nemesisk7
    10 years ago
    The Hong Kong strip club is number 1 for a reason , now if you are like the girls there it's what's best for business ^^
  • ujay
    10 years ago
    Make sure you read the Reviews of your club. You will get an idea what takes place in your club. Most of the South Jersey Clubs are high mileage clubs. Let us know what club you are looking at.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    Approach guys for dances, but don't waste your time trying to hard sell guys who aren't feeling you. Especially with your ethnic mix, guys are going to have strong feelings both ways.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    What kind of fantasy are you trying to mastermind? One in which a pl sits and talks to you, buys you a drink, you pretend to be interested in him, he pretends to listen to you when all he really wants is to get into your thong, and you try to get as much money from him while giving him as little as possible? Doesn't sound too fantastic to me. Sounds like stripper 101.
  • Electronman
    10 years ago
    A few suggestions: Circulate and say hello to customers Talk a little while before asking if the customer wants a lap dance but don't waste much time on customers who are not buying dances. Do a good stage performance that is sexy and includes flirting. Make eye contact with the customers. Then, stop by to say thanks to anyone who tips you on stage. If you club allows this, offer a dollar dance at the customer's table-- if the mini dollar dance is fun, then sometimes it can lead to a longer private dance. Cooperate with the other dancers to refer customers to each other-- I've had dancers offer to send over a different dancer that I found attractive-- referrals should go both ways but it does have the added benefit of getting some customers to stay around longer and spend more money if they are having a good time. Upgrade the fun in the VIP private dance area to whatever level is comfortable for you. Some of the customers pass along suggestions for which dancers provide an especially good private dance. Ask the more popular dancers in the club what they do during their private dances. You can set your limits at what ever level is tolerated by the club and is comfortable for you. But keep in mind that some dancers will provide a better experience than others and customers will spend their money where they get the most "bang" for the buck. And sometimes what you're selling (e.g., nice conversation) is not what the customers are willing to buy. Good luck and post an update.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @Alyssatanggg - You're timing is impeccable. With the economic boom, stripping these days is extremely easy and lucrative "work." You should easily break through the $$$$ - $$$$$ mark consistently, and you will NOT have to offer so called "extras" (the availability of extras peaked in mid-2014 and are rapidly going extinct, probably by the end of 2015)
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Anyone who mentioned extras or OTC is simply clueless about the economic boom and how it is impacting strip clubs today
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Alyssatanggg, welcome aboard! You strike me -- okay, you're really impressing me -- as a very articulate person. I don't know how much I can add. A lot of these guys have a lot more experience in the field that me. One thing I might suggest is conversational skills. I'm sure you're already great at these, but at some time, there could be a customer who could blindside you with an overly specialized field of interest that you've never heard of. Try to roll with it as best you can. Keep an eye on the tip-outs in your club (or prospective club), too. Those could seriously cut into your income. A couple of the guys have brought up "extras" and you said that you're not interested in performing those. That's your prerogative. However, even if extras are off the table, there will be some guys who will try to paw you. I don't know if your club permits that or if you'll tolerate it, but it's also something to keep in mind when you go back for some dances. As far as I've seen, TUSCL seems to have more seasoned veterans posting here, guys who can be a lot more tactful and discrete. You might want to check out some other strip-club review sites as well, such as [view link], to get ideas on your club and other clubs from less tactful reviewers. Again, welcome aboard, and remember -- NERDS RULE! (Geez, I'm already feeling a little smitten.)
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    You should also do well, Alyssa, due to being a "new face" in the club, which are becoming fewer and fewer. While the economic boom had increased demand for strippers, it has (paradoxically) simultaneously reduced the supply of strippers, as fewer women deign to enter the field and current strippers are exiting the industry in droves for nursing school, real estate sales or upscale cocktail waitressing. Good for you for bucking the trend!
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    We can provide you with better advice if you can provide us with some links to pictures of yourself. This would be for professional purposes only. Please.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Clubber perks up... ASIAN?
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Clubber - But she is also part Jamaican . You will never catch her in a foot race.
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    But she might have connections to great weed.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    @Alyssatanggg -- I'll just offer on piece of advice, since you've already learned that anybody posting as a dancer gets told to do extras. What is that advice? Don't let shit like this... [view link] ...happen to you. Otherwise, just wing it. Horny dudes will spend money when they're 'round naked chicks. You can rely on that. No system needed.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    She should look into Seeking Arrangements, apparently (lonely) "men" there will pay her an allowance just play miniature golf with them and go out to dinner with them.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Alyssatanggg: " I feel as though extras ruin the sensual, fantasy element." A new stripper. In a high income state. Who won't be providing extras. Looks like my call that we peaked out on extras is playing out just as I said it would!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    motor, Since I'm still dealing with a broken foot, I can't catch anybody! Maybe she would let me catch her if [view link]
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    @alyssa- Don't feel pressured to do extras by customers. There are plenty of strippers I know making good money without having to do extras. Just do what you're comfortable with.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Is your profile picture of you? Come to Louisville. You won't wven have to get naked. :)
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Welcome Alyssatanggg! As the token female customer here, please feel free to ask me any questions that you might have about us lady custies. Please enjoy your stay here :-)
  • Diva1975
    10 years ago
    I also dance at a club in nj. My advice to you is to not do anything that crosses your boundaries or makes you uncomfortable. It will erode your self esteem. Also set an income goal and an exit strategy because you do not want to do this career long term. I wish you the best of luck!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Some clubs charge by the dance and the customer prepays. Some clubs let the dancers negotiate a price and the customer and dancers count the dances. If you work in a such a club and the customer buys multiple dances, it really helps to stop disagreements if you tell the customer when a song stops or starts and how much the total is especially if he's been drinking. Wait until the song starts before dancing unless you tell the customer this partial song is free if you start on the last part of the previous song. One of the biggest sources of arguments in such clubs is that a dancer overcharged or started dancing on the last part of a song and counted that. Even if the customer doesn't argue and doesn't pay, he might still be pissed off and either cause trouble or just tell other customers or management. You don't want to get labeled as a ROB. Now some of my favorite dancers have occasionally told a song was free, the DJ was talking for 2 or 3 minutes or cut the song real short, etc. etc. or she was just being nice. If dances aren't prepaid and it's simply an agreement between you and the customer, that goes a long way towards becoming a favorite and getting repeat business in my opinion.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I meant even if the customer doesn't argue to your face and pays anyway, he might still be upset and cause trouble. I like to know how much mileage I can get in a dance and not just the dance price. Ie, what is ok to touch or not touch. I visit clubs where dances are not prepaid. In one club the dance price is negotiable. I often get less expensive dances from favorites if I buy multiple dances.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Seems like if club management was smarter in the prepaid clubs, they would allow an option for extra dances at a reduced rate after the initial two for one special or whatever they offered and those dances would be paid afterwards. However club managements tends to stick to routines even if I think there are better ways for strip clubs to be more profitable. They figure they make enough already on drink prices, cover charges, and all the other fees and charges.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    + it’s business – a dancer’s time is $$$ - do not sit around forever giving a PL your time and conversation in hopes of selling a measly dance or him not buying a measly dance after you’ve spent a 1/2 hour talking to him/her – you are there to make $$$ and no custy should monopolize your time w/o compensating you for it by at least getting some dances + don’t wear what *you* think is cute or sexy – wear stuff that is provocative – you are not in the “real world” in a strip-club; you are in a sexually charged atmosphere where PLs will often spend more the more sexually charged they are (the more you turn them on; the more they will probably spend) + think about what turns on your BF or past BFs – not that your BF/past-BFs are the same thing as a custy in the SC; but they both have one thing in common of both being men – if you know what turns on your man/BF (in terms of what you wear or how you act); then most likely the same thing will turn on most male custies + in the “real world”; if a guy is staring-you-down/eye-fucking-you; you may feel uncomfortable – in SC bizarro world; a guy starring you down means possible bu$$iness and not something to shy away from + any custy out of their way to get your attention (eye contact; stage tipping, etc) means potential business + don’t assume a particular type of custy will not be into-you/like-you – you never know – happens to me quite a bit where dancers have told me that at first they thought I would not go for them or that they would not be my type and they were wrong – one never knows what makes each person tick + men are visual and physical – touching them often times has a positive affect especially if you become comfortable w/ the “strip-club handshake” (it’s kryptonite for many a PL) + do not look at the SC environment w/ too much of rose colored goggles – it’s all about $$$ and when it comes to $$$ often times friends become enemies – some clubs have very good and healthy work environments – but in many clubs some of the dancers are seriously fucked up and have had had fucked up lives and will turn on you in a NY minute especially if they are jealous of you or think you are taking their custies and fucking w/ their $$$ + custies that are all about extras will make you believe that is extras or nothing and w/o extras a dancer can’t make $$$ - that may be the case in certain clubs or maybe places like Detroit; but IMO extras are often not the main action in most SCs + if you are not familiar; check out [view link] since that is a site for and about dancers + best of luck to you and stay sexy :
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Still waiting for those pictures.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^ Yeah Alyssa throw a dog a bone – please grace us w/ your beauty – you can upload some pics to: [view link]
  • alexrain
    10 years ago
    So many kiss ass SIMPS on this thread, I don't know where to begin...
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Don't be shy. If you're going to dance at a topless club then remove your top while dancing on stage. If you are dancing at a nude club peel off all your clothes. I do not like when dancers pull down their top to show their breasts and the clothing is hanging down around their waist. Strip if you are going to strip. And if you do pull your top off while you are on stage when a guy comes to tip you, then leave your top off. I watched a girl bare her breasts for a guy who tipped her and she had a great rack. As I stood up to also go tip her as he left, she pulled her top back up and covered up! Poor form and she did not get my tip. Don't be shy, if you're going to be a stripper, then strip! Good luck
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    I just want to compliment the membership for being on their best behavior tonight and not being too rough on this young lady! After all I think we all like to see new talent coming into the industry. Sometimes I think we have scared many away by our comments ! But tonight my compliments guys and gals ! Welcome Alyssa !
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Another tip. Ignore all the economic boom or doom threads unless you are into that.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    Beware of the customer who will make you fall in love. Do not make one-night-stands a regular thing, it will mess up your life. There are four types who you should not fall in love with. Just have fun and have a plan when to quit. Put a mark on the calendar and count the days. Time will pass quick and before you know it that day will be tomorrow. Money will flow like crazy just make sure you know there will be a day in the future that will dry up. Do not wait for that day. Stash that money into a savings account or stock. Lock it and forget that money until you're done dancing. Don't go shopping the next day. Do not make Ulta, Sephora, Victoria Secret richer by going there everyday and buying at least $500 a visit. But most of all, do not, I mean, stay away, do not get into a love relationship with your: 1. Club Manager 2. Drug Dealer 3. Pimp 4. Customers (plural) Why am I telling you this? It's because I will be getting the same reaction from you and my CF who is totally into the stripper lifestyle. If you find yourself old and still in that lifestyle, just remember I told you about it in this thread. Oh by the way, just make sure the dead beat daddy is capable of even showing up sober.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    + DON’T BE A FOLLOWER and get caught up in the fast lifestyle of booze; drugs; and the party lifestyle which is all too prevalent in that environment (many a young dancer go in thinking they will not get caught up and slowly but surely many get caught up in the lifestyle – peer pressure can be a bitch) – don’t do what the others do even though this may mean you will be the oddball – if partying; boozing; smoking; drugging; is not your thing – don’t let the losers try to talk you into that crap b/c they’ll be there to get you in but not to get you out and help you when your life turns to shit and hits rock bottom + DEF be careful w/ the smooth talkers – good chance you will run into some of them – the SC is NEVER a place to meet a guy – at worst you’ll come across a pimp and at best a guy that just wants to bang a stripper for free – the “smooth talkers” are hard to see for whom they really are thus a “smooth talker” in the SC should raise some flags in your mind – any guy wanting to chat you up too much and not spend $$$ on you is at best a time-waster and at worst someone trying to make you one of “his girls” (i.e. pimp) + regulars (custies that come to see you @ the club and only you) can be a good thing – but no “relationship” is perfect – many regulars can get whiney and often expect to get tread like the greatest thing since sliced bread – so there are pros (regular $$$) and cons (whiney; clingy) – many dancers keep in touch w/ regulars – best to get a Google # ([view link]) or a separate burn ph (either of these 2 options allow for anonymity – i.e. you don’t want any SC custy knowing too many personal details about such as your full name etc and if you give them your real cell # they can find out your name w/ not a whole lot of effort) + if you decided to see custies outside the club; they need to pay for your time even if it’s just dinner – you are not there to be anyone’s GF; you are a business woman P.S. I’m sure other things will pop in my mind later)
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Don’t be a “stripper” – be someone who strips (hope you see the difference) – i.e. use stripping and don’t let it use you
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Welcome! Feel free to weigh in on any threads you find interesting. You will find that there are a number of very different POV's on this forum. SJG
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    There will be one guy with dirty clothes who will walk through the SC door one night, your heart to jump like crazy like the white knight who is about to take you for a ride of your life. I say resist, I repeat DO NOT for the sake of peace, do not even entertain of taking home this guy even if he says he is broke and has no money. Do not give him money!!!
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    But I am broke with no money :( Stop salting my game
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion