tuscl

How many of you have degrees?

Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:58 AM
Awhile back, someone asked about careers. I'm supposed to be working on this writing project for school now and am easily distracted. What did y'all get degrees in/or what kind of training did you get for your type of work?

34 comments

• minnow
    18 years ago
    FONDL: Do you have both Masters Engr AND MBA, or did you start Meng, and switch to MBA?
  • davids
    18 years ago
    I have 98.6 degrees. Subhumans like parodyman have fewer.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    The above post written by a scolar in the ancient art of cockmastery.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Ok, AN has an undergraduate degree in math, and is close to having a graduate degree but was clueless what Godel's theorem was? Yeah, ok, whatever. Fraud... Oh, no! Wait he did go to the same school as our illustrious President: I guess they have special provisions to push retard/alcoholics through. (I guess it's no surprise AN is such a big George Bush fan: the two having so much in common.)
  • 2335vent
    18 years ago
    TH20 Close to correct. Pulmonologist is the term. It sounds like it was epi if you're talking about an injection with a rapid response. I am more "mainstream" but do have an interest in complementary med. My sister-in -law with a nursing PHD was on the editorial board of a compl med publication for several years.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    tropicalH2O, We not only have degrees or ever advanced degees, but also many many years of Strip Clubbing experience. That makes us eligible to have BS or MS degree in Strip Clubbing!!
  • SuperDude
    18 years ago
    B.A. then law degree
  • tropicalH2O
    18 years ago
    AN, I enjoyed your story. That poor devil, first he doesn't reach the endzone then he gets embarassed twice by being shaven and then by being presented with a rug for the genitals. 2335vent, my guess is that your a pneumologist (sp?), I don't know though you could be a respiratory therapist. OT: I assisted a pneumologist by opening jars to collect tissue samples, then follwed and watched as he was called into a room where a women's heart was beating but she wasn't able to breathe. She was kicking like a wild horse and her skin was becoming cyanotic. I don't remember what he did, if he pushed some epi - whatever he did it worked! I read about holistic therapies and like herbal treatments, but feel that in this country it's important to have your Western credentials, to be assured a job and cash flow. Do you like complementary medicine? -T
  • nj_pete
    18 years ago
    BS in Marketing, 1/2 of an MBA (which I never finished) a couple of certificates in DataComm and Telecomm from NYU. Should have gone and gotten an electical engineering degree as opposed to business, but thats OK, work in Telecomm for a major bank and pull in six figures. Just have to deal with the corporate politics and crap.
  • 2335vent
    18 years ago
    To TH20. Have to admit never heard of merkin before. How do they stay on and is it best to have "the carpet match the drapes." Maybe your other post about size of p and d should have been merkins and gherkins? I think you can guess my speciality by my nickname. If not email me and/or if you need any suggestions/help on your papers in the future glad to be of assistance.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    I've heard of a merkin. In high school there was a good friend of mine who was very popular and had a widely known claim to fame. One new years he managed to score, but apparently was too drunk to satisfy and passed out. In retaliation he ended up shaved. Kind of hard to hide in the locker room. At the seniors banquet he was presented with a merkin.
  • ArtCollege
    18 years ago
    Ph.D. business admin
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    No degree. I left college in my second year.
  • Doverman
    18 years ago
    B.S. in Sports Administration
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    BS Deg.
  • tropicalH2O
    18 years ago
    AN: I want to take a physics course, not because it's required but because I'm interested in it. My sister has taken every math course offered at UCSD, she thinks math is fun (not me - I like statistics and things that I can visualize or see purpose in discovering the solution). 2335vent, thanks for the suggestion on another thread to look up the labia, info. A friend of mine had already sent me a link to that site or another similar one. My friend and I have exchanges about bizarre sexual experiences, practices and taboos. Do you know what a Merkin is?(I hope that I got the spelling correct)- A wig for the pussy. After I got my privates lasered, leaving a 1/2 inch hair strip, I thought it might be fun to wear different colored 'kitty wigs'. What's your speciality? Doverman: What is your BS in? Shadowcat: I have a few dozen hours logged in a single engine and less than a dozen in a Beech Baron (ME). I passed my pilot's physical then decided after getting good and scared in a Cherokee Piper over Mexico in moderate turbulence for several hours to leave the flying to the professionals. I also didn't see myself buying a plane or doing enough flying to be competant. I sure love flying though. My kid who's 13 flew (right seat) a King Air back from Bar Harbor, Maine to Hartsdale, NY this last August. I finished a bottle of wine in a rear seat, that I had started during dinner (live Maine lobster) and fell asleep only to be awakened by the stall warning alarm at about 500 feet. What a terrible way to be awakened. Now my child has the bug and wants to be a pilot.
  • Mouse
    18 years ago
    Well educated bunch!
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    Degree in Engineering.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    I'm a graduate from the college of hard knocks.
  • GooberMan
    18 years ago
    As FONDL predicted, I have an engineering degree -- BS in Mechanical Engineering. Given his comment about engineers and women, this joke seems appropriate: Three men were sitting and discussing whether they would rather spend time with their wives or their mistresses. The businessman said he would tell his wife he was on a business trip and spend the time with his mistress. The ambassador said he would tell his mistress he was on a mission to another country and spend the time with his wife. The engineer said he would tell each woman he was with the other woman so he could spend the time in the lab!
  • T-Bone
    18 years ago
    MS - Justice & Law
  • Doverman
    18 years ago
    I think you meant "grammar". Not sure if you did that on purpose or not!!!
  • easyed14
    18 years ago
    Nope! Not on purpose. See, I told you! This site really needs a spellcheck feature.
  • easyed14
    18 years ago
    Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Masters in Public Administration. All that education and I still have problems with grammer, punctuation and spelling. Thank God I have a Secretary! Unfortunately, I can't use her for these posts.
  • messaround
    18 years ago
    MBA - helps open doors in the real world - no use in a sc
  • Doverman
    18 years ago
    I do have a B.S. and finished first in my class.
  • ryan111778
    18 years ago
    B.S. in Chemical Engineering
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    Bachelor's in Economics. Law degree
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    B.S. Physics & Math, M.S. Astrophysics, about 20ish graduate credits in Math that I'll get around to doing something with some day. Lopaw, I was in EE as an undergrad till I switched to the physics department. It was OK though, they let me keep my slide rule but I had to give up my pocket protector and switch to baggy sweaters and chinos rather than polyester pants and dress shirts. Actually I started in college as pre-law. That didn't last long either.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I'll bet a lot of us have degrees in engineering, we engineers are all a little strange and not always too swift around the ladies. Especialy guys like me with a masters. Fortunately I saw the light and got mine in business, long before MBAs became fashionable. Which helped both my love life and my income.
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    BS in Business Mgmt.
  • lopaw
    18 years ago
    MSEE. Geek Girl! Geek Girl!
  • 2335vent
    18 years ago
    I can tell TH20 that you have a great deal of time on your hands with your frequent postings. Always fun to look forward to what you are going to say. Back to the question. Let's just say I'm in the same line of work as you but a "little higher up on the food chain."
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    BS in Comp Sci
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion