tuscl

dress codes

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Will you abide by them or go somewhere else?

I have only been refused entry once. Thee Whiskey Tavern in Columbia SC wouldn't let me in for wearing sweats in winter. The club got 21 reviews before it got shut down.

In Atlanta I only know of 2 clubs with restrictions. Club Blaze has a no commando rule. Have no desire to go there anyhow and Tattletales probably wouldn't let me in with my wardrobe of shorts or sweats. I have other choices that will gladly take my money. Fuck em!

42 comments

• Willy215
    3 months ago
    How do the confirm the commando rule?
  • blahblahblahs
    3 months ago
    How do they validate/enforce the no commando rule?
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    Dress codes are silly in an establishment where there are naked/near-naked women spinning on a pole.

Some clubs, in their attempt to be "classy" implement dress codes. No club is classy, people....get over yourselves.

How do they determine "commando"? The girls could determine that fairly easily/quickly when dancing for a guy. Only the stupid ones, however, would cry to management about a commando guy who is dropping cash on her.
  • Muddy
    3 months ago
    I usually wear blue jeans/t shirt and new balances. The only club I’ve ever been rejected from is Flight Club for not having a collared shirt.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    Funontheside what if you wear loose fitting boxers, and on top of them wear shorts or jogger sweats. The girl could think your commando but you really arent? I always wear loose fitting boxers whether im wearing sweats or professional dress pants. Ive done that for years as i heard it isnt safe to wear tight fitting boxers. If you pop a boner, you can bury it between your thighs or try to restrain it using the waistband of the boxers
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    I went to Dean's Gold in shorts and commando. Bouncer said long pants only. I responded time to get high, drive to Pompano and spend a shitload at Cheetahs. OK just this once. I had long pants in the car for the plane ride home, but hey drive and bake to Pompano would have been the choice.
  • PAWG_Patrol
    3 months ago
    PaperMoon in Springfield, VA turned me away because of sweatpants. They're expensive as hell and low mileage anyway so I haven't been back.

Tattletale in ATL the bouncer said "You're ok this time but no sweatpants next time." I appreciated them not being dicks about it so I just wear thin shorts instead 👍
  • Lurker-X
    3 months ago
    @rickmacrodong - can vouch the girls can’t always tell. Had a dancer recently ask if I was going commando under my cargo shorts after doing a little over the pants stroking. I truthfully answered that I was wearing thin boxers. Then again she asked in a playful/flirty way so maybe she could tell but the question is part of her hustle.

In answer to the thread question, I tend to stay away from the places that classify themselves “upscale” so I haven’t had an issue with dress code violations. But at the same time I don’t wear sweats or basketball shorts since I don’t want to be too obvious. Lol.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    ^ and ^^by sweatpants are those gray sweats? What if you wear black jogger sweats. Those are a little more classy i think? If by sweatpants you mean pants that are made out of the basketball shorts material
  • Jascoi
    3 months ago
    one time srlv told me 'no flip flops.' i said 'bye'! then they let me in. same with shorts... same response.
  • Lurker-X
    3 months ago
    @rickmacrodong - currently I don’t wear anything close to sweats but I do agree the joggers are a little classier and my try that when the weather gets cooler.
  • rockie
    3 months ago
    For the past few years it’s been light weight golf attire passing muster at any club that I’ve been in. Greg Norman attire (shirts, shorts or pants) passes muster at most other stuffy functions as well. 70% off at the Greg Norman outlet or 75% off at Marshall’s. I don’t do commando, but that’s a me issue. It helps define who went fishing first!
  • rockie
    3 months ago
    Adidas, Calloway, and a couple of other brands, 75% off and the application remains the same. At that price, I prefer the multi use function to workout garb that I don’t really workout in anymore.
  • TheeOSU
    3 months ago
    Years ago a friend and I decided to plunder the strip clubs on 25th st and brookpark rd after an indians game. I was wearing an indians sweatshirt and bandana.

The first 2 clubs, both now closed, we hit on 25th st, no problem.

We then hit brookpark rd, crazy horse, still in business, wouldn't let me in because my shirt didn't have a collar, we walked and hit a club down the road that i don't even know what it's name was.
    The place was empty except for the owner(?) and 4 or 5 dancers sitting at the bar facing the entrance. The owner said no hats before we even sat down. I told him it's not a hat but he said I had to take it off.
    Mind you this was an empty bar and he was refusing 2 paying customers over a bandana so I said ok, we'll go spend our money somewhere else. With no other customers and dancers outnumbering us 2 to 1 it might have been a mistake but this was back in our young days when neither one of us were aware of mileage/extras so i'll never know what we might have missed out on.
    We hit one more now closed brookpark rd club, no problems entering and that's where we spent our money and ended the night.
  • shanny72
    3 months ago
    Turned away at the door at scores in Tampa years ago for wearing a baseball hat... Took my money elsewhere and only went back a few times when a friend requested it, but I made sure to not spend anything of substance. Places with dress codes won't have girls who want to do what I want to do for the money i want to spend
  • shadowcat
    3 months ago
    Follies had a dress code that was designed to keep the "Boyz in the hood" out. Among the items was no white tee shirts. There was a door girl there selling t-shirts for guys to put on over their white shirts.
  • wallanon
    3 months ago
    Back when I used to show up on a town and go to all the clubs (did that once this year but there were only three clubs) I'd carry a collared shirt and dressier pants in case I ran into a dress code. I haven't ever been turned away from a club for what I was wearing after I switched things up back at the car.
  • Jascoi
    3 months ago
    in vegas at saphire bought a saphire shirt once to cover my spearmint rhino shirt.

nowhere in tj (including HK) do i have a problem wearing other club shirts.
  • Jascoi
    3 months ago
    and no problems with shorts or flip flops.
  • tipton31
    3 months ago
    Years ago, I was stopped at the door at Henry VIII's in Inkster, MI for wearing a leather jacket. It violated their "no motorcycle attire/no colors" policy. I am not a biker. I simply took off the jacket and secured it in my car and went back in.
  • Book Guy
    3 months ago
    I think some clubs that claim to have a "dress code" are actually just trying to enforce a "no trash customers" code but need to put it more politically correctly than that. Until about 2015 or so, French Quarter clubs in NOLa on weekends used to generally reject people wearing blue jeans and t-shirts, except maybe big groups of matching t-shirts for bachelor parties, since the crowds pouring in and out from Bourbon Street aren't necessarily dedicated strip-club goers, so they were simply trying to put some kind of control on the door. But recently they'll take whatever they can get.

For another example, the report from TheeOSU about getting kicked from an otherwise empty club for wearing a bandana suggests to me NOT that the manager / owner was trying to be upscale, but rather that he was looking for high-paying customers who wouldn't cause him grief. The original post admits, directly, "this was back in our young days when neither one of us were aware." Probably got kicked for having that appearance, not just for the bandana, is my guess. If you'd been a regular you'd have known something -- maybe the crowd was scheduled to arrive later? Maybe the "dancers" were all direct-to-the-service hookers and there wasn't much dancing at all? College kids in sweatshirts and bandanas aren't usually wanted in places like that.

As to sweatpants ... I used to regularly monger in a pair of pants that came from a super-silk style track suit. Very smooth, almost velour type, but slick on the outside like a wind-breaker. Dancers loved them, it was like pajamas or a micro-fiber blanket. But I started to feel like they were creepy-looking, since they were clinging to my thighs and bulge. So I ended up researching (here at TUSCL!) good slacks and upgraded (Hagar Cool 18s). At a club I recently saw a kid in sweatpants with a dress shirt and cross-trainers, he looked too incongruous, it was like he hadn't finished putting on his costume for the school play. He was tall and his semi-boner was poking through the pants too obviously when he went out to the patio (it's more brightly lighted) for a smoke. We didn't appreciate it. "We" means me, all the dancers, and anybody else who mattered.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    @book guy - I've seen some strip clubs have a no bachelor party policy. I think strip clubs suck for bachelor parties but the ones wearing matching shirts are more likely to act the fucking fool. Never underestimate stupid people in large numbers.

I don't think it's about high paying customers, it's about keeping the peace. Keeping out gangbangers and violence.
  • Book Guy
    3 months ago
    Yeah keeping the peace is a better way to put it. Bachelor parties will pay a lot if they're the right type of group, but I suspect that birthday parties, welcome-home parties, and divorce parties are probably better for the clubs.

You've never seen a real bachelor party until you've seen a British bachelor entourage strolling the Red Light District of Amsterdam on a weekend evening in the summer. Forty guys in plastic Elmer Fudd outfits, leading by a leash one dude dressed in nothing but tightie-whities underwear, Doc Martens boots, and a rubber chicken over his dick. With friends like that, who needs enemies. As I overheard it, his job was to NOT finish with a minimum of five girls.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    ^ That must have been a sight. He had to fuck them all for 15 minutes and not finish or what?
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    I just realized that Club Desires, a board favorite, has a dress code: At 9:00 p.m. ,they announce no hats and enforce it strictly.
    Sweats, t-shirt and hoodie from 11/1 - 4/30 every year. Shorts, t-shirt or golf shirt and sandals from 5/1-10/30 every year.
  • Book Guy
    3 months ago
    Not sure what the bachelor's rules were. I was doing my best to appear like a mildly off-put local, since I was living in the city as a graduate (exchange) student at the time and the faculty where I was studying was a mere block or two away. For him, it could have been that the group paid for five girls and they teased him but he was supposed to never finish; or could have been that they paid for five girls and he was supposed to do each in rapid succession until he couldn't finish; or could have been any of a number of other arrangements. Groups like that aren't uncommon in the RLD, though the Elmer Fudd outfits were a step beyond what most bachelor parties achieve.

Actually, an even more startling sight is how they treat New Year's Eve. Everything is on fire. All locations include devices which explode and burn. Your left thigh, your bicycle, the foot path, the streetcar, the cafe table, the roof, the wall, the canal, the pile of trash, the tree, the other tree, it all explodes and burns. You are inside a fireworks display. It's so bad that the fire brigades distribute flyers with warnings in multiple languages that you shouldn't wear fuzzy outer clothing, and no hats or scarves, and no fringe, because your clothing would be a conflagration danger. It's frickin' nuts. Most of the year the Amsterdammer citizens are rather staid -- they put up with the tourists doing touristy things, because THEY aren't doing the touristy things. But on New Year's Eve, it just goes all explosive.
  • Puddy Tat
    3 months ago
    @book guy - wow, sounds like something else.

I hate New Year's Eve. Seems to bring out the douche in everyone, and after midnight it's drunk drivers all over the road. My idea of a good NYE is a good book, my cat, and a 10pm bedtime.
  • Book Guy
    3 months ago
    I wonder if strip clubs are BETTER, or WORSE, on major calendar events like New Year's Eve. We've got the Super Bowl coming up here in NOLa, that will bring the Vegas traveling glam glam strippers to town for a weekend or more in advance of it, I'm sure the downtown French Quarter clubs will sell tickets for watch-parties and for pre-parties and for after-parties (with lots of damn throwing of damn beads from damn balconies) and I'm sure all those parties will have dress codes. I wouldn't be so stupid as to pay for a ticket. But maybe the out-of-Quarter club will also have an event? And will not have a dress code?
  • misterorange
    3 months ago
    They can make me wear tuxedo pants with two pairs of tighty whities and a jock strap. The moment the curtain closes, the pants and the underwear drop to the floor.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 months ago
    Someone asked how they check if you are commando. They make you show your underwear's waistband.

Went to the old Follies in ATL. After I walked through the non-functional metal detector, the door girl (who sometimes danced) told me I could not come in if my shorts were too loose. Her hand shot up my shorts leg and she checked out my commando friend. She said my shorts were OK. I think that was the first time I ever tipped a door girl.
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    ^ That is more in line with what I have experienced while not dressed classy. Girls appreciate you being dressed that way, as it's clear why you are there, and that intention typically means you brought enough cash to have the desired experience.
  • Dolfan
    3 months ago
    I usually go somewhere else. I've been told no flip flops at a few places, but other than that I've never been denied entry.

The clubs that have formal dress codes via posted signs or even bouncers who enforce it I find are usually pretentious clubs that I don't enjoy anyway. So its a pretty easy decision to go elsewhere.

I had nearly the exact same experience at Deans the last time I went. Door guy said no flip flops, I said oh okay I'll just hit Cheetah Pompano on my way home instead. His response was okay, this time you can come in. I left about 45 mins later and went to Cheetah anyway.
  • jmiddle30234
    3 months ago
    TT during the day has no dress code I know of. I go in shorts and a t shirt
  • shadowcat
    3 months ago
    @goldmonger. I remember her. You were not the only one that got checked. :)
  • DandyDan
    3 months ago
    I remember a club, I forget where, which did not allow hoodies. Considering I went to all the other area clubs, I just went back to my hotel room.
  • misterorange
    3 months ago
    20-something years ago when Scores NYC was still a thing (when Stern used to go there and talk about it almost daily) I threw a bachelor party for my buddy (at a private spot in NJ). Afterwards I had arranged a passenger van and driver to take about a dozen of us to Scores. Doorman refused entry to about half of our party, I think for not having collared shirts. A $100 handshake solved the problem.
  • motorhead
    3 months ago
    Was at Industrial Strip in Hammond IN and they had a rule that you must wear a belt. Except when I’m in Florida, I always wear dark, soft khakis with a belt so no issue. But they were checking guys at the door. Even lifting up their shirts to make sure they had a belt.
  • rickmacrodong
    3 months ago
    Goldmonger that sounds amazing. She gave junior a nice squeeze as part of the checkin
  • the mighty quinn
    3 months ago
    I remember in the Seattle area they didn’t allow baseball styled caps in clubs. BUT the Deja Vu in Everett, WA sold Deja Vu Baseball caps that got you discounted admission.
  • wallanon
    3 months ago
    What shadowcat said. I got checked like that by the Follies door girl too. But that's a good thing not a bad thing.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 months ago
    Depends on the club, and the dress code.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 months ago
    I've been occasionally told to remove my hat. Aside from that, I've never had a problem.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion