Feedback on new site

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
The new site is up and running

You don't even have to change your shitty passwords.

Go use it at https://app.tuscl.net

Please post your thoughts and comments here in this thread.

207 comments

• ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    I don't like that when you access a username oll of their comments, reviews, posted photos and articles are all lumped together. I much preferred them in the separated format.
  • EastCoaster
    2 years ago
    Thanks, founder. Looks good!

Do you still consider it a work in progress? For example, I used to be able to click on the address of a club and be taken to a Google Map of the location, but I can't do that in the new site. So should I complain that I can't, or just shut up and wait? 😁
  • SirLapdancealot
    2 years ago
    @founder I have no complaints. Great work with everything.

• misterorange
    2 years ago
    With the "thumbs up and down" I don't see any usernames. I need to know who thinks I'm great and who thinks I suck because I'm so insecure and superficial.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Haha I like the if you don't have something nice to say in the text box. I think it looks good.

Me personally I'd like the old reviews/articles part of somebody's profile, it helps me find stuff. I'm trying to remember for example that one article Papi wrote I can just go to his profile and find it that way, instead of going through the article pages, no way I'm doing that shit.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Misterorange just click on the little i circle thing.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Actually nevermind I don't think it works actually
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Muddy - tried that. I don't think it works. I just liked your comment above ^^ - try it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Reviews don't show up nor do clubs when I search for them. The search box is white with very light Grey letters.

Also please put a delete option
  • SirLapdancealot
    2 years ago
    @founder no need for the delete option. At least make Iceydodo beg harder for it.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Today it is allowing me to log into the new app site with my original credentials. Kid you not, for a dozen attempts over the day I tried yesterday and it wouldnt let me in. I think the transition will be seem less going forward.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    I like the idea of grouping clubs by city, but not the fact that it splits out by some of the smaller suburbs but not for other suburbs. For example, most of the Louisville clubs are outside of Louisville but some are listed as Louisville and others as Shively and PTs which is the only club actually in downtown Louisville is listed as in Clarksville Indiana for some reason. Overall I like the idea of listing them by city instead of by county, just need to iron out the bugs with where they are listed.

Hopefully you can find a cheaper alternative to Google Maps like you mentioned in another thread because the map feature is super helpful while traveling. Otherwise looks good.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    There's a bug in the club listings. There are New Zealand and Pennsylvania listing in Atlanta, Georgia. Clubs are missing from other cities. For example, Emperors Club no longer listed in Savannah, Georgia.
  • doctorevil
    2 years ago
    Would like to see user stats again (review count, club count, etc.). Important for judging user credibility.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ I agree with the need to see user stats.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    How about talk forums for main cities like Vegas Miami atlanta
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    1) someone likes a comment, but I cannot see who that is. Does that mean I have the liker "blocked"? That should be switched back. If they can see my comments, I should see who votes up or down

2) Can you no longer navigate directly to the most recent comments on a thread? Please add that feature back in
  • founder
    2 years ago
    Keep the comments and ideas coming. I will get to work on it Monday
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    A delete option would be ideal. A forum f9r different cities. The club search option and rrview search isn't working. More visible colors for search box. But overall it looks good and loads faster
  • EastCoaster
    2 years ago
    I agree with the comment about seeing clubs listed in the wrong geographic area on the strip club list. There's a club from the Netherlands listed with the Huntsville, Alabama clubs.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    2 years ago
    I clicked on “Bookmarks” at the bottom of page and received the message: “Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).”

I also noticed two out of state clubs when looking at the Maryland clubs and one club that was listed twice (appears to be a duplicate entry. )
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Is TUSCL ever gonna allow video uploads. I would like to see some of these strippers be able to upload some.
  • Mr_JG
    2 years ago
    No more 3 free reviews/day for registered but non VIP users?
  • PrimetimeSchein
    2 years ago
    I'll be honest not having the 3 free reviews a day option is kind of a bummer. When in non-clubbing seasons it's nice to be able to read the reviews for your local area to see which clubs are worth visiting/returning to. Hell I'd settle for 3 a week but I'd hate to pony up $10 bucks to find out the talent in the clubs in my area is on a downward trend. Maybe there's an option for verified members?

Also I enjoyed the white background. The black is fine but I found the white and purple aesthetically pleasing.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    2 years ago
    Also not a fan of the club groupings when I click on state. I preferred the county function as it was easier and quicker to navigate. Also with the city function it would be nice to have a sort feature where you could categorize clubs in a city by newest review
  • founder
    2 years ago
    Just an FYI... if your screen is black and the text is white it is because you set your phone or computer to "PREFERS DARK MODE" (sort of like Papi Chulo)
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    ^ FYI I have my phone and computer set up for "prefers big-booty-mode"
  • founder
    2 years ago
    #mybad
  • loper
    2 years ago
    When I approve or reject an unpublished review it goes back to the top of the page. It used to go back to where I was reading. Now I have to scroll through all the reviews again. Perhaps this is why the unpublished reviews are so backed up?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    On the new site, there are many club listings that show up in the wrong locations in the "Strip Club List" directory. Do you want us to report those as we find them individually, or are you going to make a broader database fix that will correct all/most of those errors in one swoop?
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    The site looks great! I haven’t checked as much out as the others, but I think it looks great. Thanks Founder!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    muddy said "Is TUSCL ever gonna allow video uploads. I would like to see some of these strippers be able to upload some."

From what I know, when websites host video it soaks up a lot of bandwidth, meaning that it costs the site owner more. So, I imagine that this would need to be a paid feature to make it worth doing. Considering that there's very few dancers active here, I imagine that it would be a pain to set up and used very little.

If dancers really wanted us to watch videos of them, they can already post links to Instagram, open-access OnlyFans posts, or via Imagur.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    ^^ CJ Kent would pay to look at dick videos.
  • clubdude
    2 years ago
    Have to log in twice.
  • SirLapdancealot
    2 years ago
    "A delete option would be ideal."

^^^for the second time, there's really no need for a delete option. Just be careful over what you post. Also try not to post when you're blackout high and don't even remember it.

But keep begging founder. LMFAO BEG FOR IT. Again!!!
  • gobstopper007
    2 years ago
    Greensboro NC is missing Treasure Club and Mirage (listed under High Point)
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    One little thing I'd like is to see comments on club reviews that I have bookmarked show up in my feed. Today, I have the clubs I frequent bookmarked and when a review is published I shows there. But if someone posts a comment on that review a couple days later, I won't see it.

Another one that's more pie in the sky-ish, but similar. Would be some sort of @username kinda tagging doing the same thing. Like if I were to say @Papi_Chulo knows about the big booty clubs in Miami, that comment or whatever would show in his feed.

And I absolutely like the user stats thing. The total reviews/unique clubs reviewed stat was super helpful for quickly identifying the people who actually go to strip clubs.

On a similar subject, some way to see stats of reviews published/rejected would be cool. And seeing who approved articles like you show for reviews would be cool too.

Maybe add the ability to like/dislike a topic, a photo, a review, basically the first post in the thread instead of only the comments underneath.

Overall though, I think I do actually like the new site. This might be the first time I'm saying that, most every other time I hated it at first and over time got used to it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Dolfan said "Another one that's more pie in the sky-ish, but similar. Would be some sort of @username kinda tagging doing the same thing. Like if I were to say @Papi_Chulo knows about the big booty clubs in Miami, that comment or whatever would show in his feed."

That would be a great feature, except you have to remember that every time a feature is rolled out here one or more people attempt to weaponize it against other users. Meaning, that feature would probably be used to spam someone with dozens or hundreds of @ notifications. So, that feature would also need the ability to block it on a user-by-user basis.

"And seeing who approved articles like you show for reviews would be cool too."

I think that's present in the new site.

"Maybe add the ability to like/dislike a topic, a photo, a review, basically the first post in the thread instead of only the comments underneath."

I'd dig that.

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    When does this site close so I can be done?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ Like all of us, you could stop posting anytime. You could even ask founder to delete your entire account (which is what I suspect heaving did).
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    The most intelligent things SkiDumb has ever posted! Also, probably the best decision he’s ever made other than deciding not to procreate. We all are better off in each scenario.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^Thanks for letting me know it was ok, but I promised myself I'd be done when the old site was gone.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    No major issues that my casual perusal reveals yet, except the absence of PT's Louisville on the Kentucky page; it's listed in Clarksville, Indiana instead.

I'm kinda not liking the thumbs up and down all the way to the right. Less mouse movement if they were all on the left, I think.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Got it. Well, with a few exceptions, pretty much everyone who has pointedly announced they were leaving TUSCL ended up not leaving TUSCL. So, I guess we'll see if that trend continues or not.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    ^^ you mean like 2 bits, aka 25? Rotflmao!!
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Old is gold unless remarkable improvements
  • Jacks4thson
    2 years ago
    I am used to going to an area - say Florida in the club listing, and getting a list of most recent reviews (regardless of club). Not sure how to do that on the new and improved site?
  • wld4tatas
    2 years ago
    A few comments.

- I agree with Champphilly, I like the old version. Many companies periodically do a makeover to refresh their image, and it's rarely better, and sometimes worse. I would like to know what's going to be better on TUSCL?
    - If it's going to change - please keep the user stats (review count, club count, etc.). As noted above it's important for judging user credibility.
    - I liked the option to have a background on your profile (had been considered adding one).

Thanks
  • DickyDoo2
    2 years ago
    Could not find maps to strip clubs? Great feature for those of us who travel. Will this be available?????
  • Traveler106
    2 years ago
    It's a bummer that non-VIPs no longer get three free reviews per day.
  • Techman
    2 years ago
    Map to clubs is a must. Type of club above the name.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    @founder already said on another thread that he is working on the map feature so hopefully that will br in place soon.

"I'm working on the mapping part

Trying to switch from Google maps, it's too expensive"

https://app.tuscl.net/discussion/81922
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    It’s faster.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    And the buttons are better
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Where is the log out button?
  • Techman
    2 years ago
    A list of club's w/ addresses can be printed on the new site,
    Thanks, founder
  • jdoggy
    2 years ago
    A couple comments...
    1) I preferred the Club Reviews grouped by day, with links back to the previous days at the bottom, as opposed to the NEXT and PREVIOUS it now displays.
    2) It seems the radius on nearby clubs has decreased. Being in an area with fewer clubs (Wilmington NC), I'd like to see Myrtle Beach, Fayetteville NC areas too.

Thanks!
  • BobStevens67
    2 years ago
    Is there no way to sort the listings by which ones have the most recent reviews? So far, it seems to be a real downgrade for the site, not an improvement. I've been using this site since the beginning, but I think I'm finally done with it.
  • tin man
    2 years ago
    No complaints just glad the site exists, collectively the members have saved me a lot of money and time vetting dancers over the years.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    How do you get back to the old site?
    And how do you view your comments? I commented on something last week, wanted to pull the thread up- now I can’t find it at all. When i click my profile kt just shows discussion threads ive made- not comments. Same for if i click someone elses profile, no more review or comments section just discussion board stuff. I didnt click the link for tje new site, looks like my phone automatically keeps pulling up the new site
  • AbeVigoda
    2 years ago
    Before when I clicked on a county I would get a list of the clubs in the order of the last review. Now I think I have to click on each club to see if it has a new review published. I liked not having to click on each club’s name to find out if there has been a new review for it.
    2 years ago
    What problem was being solved by changing to a new site? Or is this just part of your thesis?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Mentioned previously, but I'd like to be able to Like/Dislike the top post of any discussion, review, and article. It would also be great if those up/down votes were used for a filter. Meaning, having the ability to sort or filter based on popularity, in addition to sorting by post date or last comment.

The site loads a lot faster, particularly on mobile.
  • captainfun
    2 years ago
    Was just looking at recent strip club reviews. Prefer them separated by date vs. a rolling list.
    2 years ago
    When reviewing unpublished reviews there is no categorization of Club Type. Nude, Topless, Bikini, Lingerie Modeling, etc. Knowing the type of club helps the approval process.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    I like the previous edition and ability to have very limited access to reviews. now unless I am a current VIP I cannot even read my own reviews (let alone anybody else's.)
  • ATACdawg
    2 years ago
    One other thing I miss is the "Map to Strip Clubs" feature. That was probably one of my most used features.

I do love the speed of the new site!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I think we should be able to read our own reviews regardless of VIP status. It's helpful to know what we've mentioned before.
    2 years ago
    Mapping to clubs was enormously helpful in helping with hotel choices etc when visiting out of town places. Ditto a dozen other things that seem to be gone, again. Top 40 lists for example.
  • Jacks4thson
    2 years ago
    The inability to see those 2 or 3 free reviews per day without paying VIP - bummer. I’ll
    Probably still come here for discussion threads but that’s about it
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    ^^ Jacks4th
    I assume since you like reading reviews, you do visit a club from time to time? Why don't you write a review and get a month of VIP? Or maybe you just expect everything for free without even spending 5 minutes of time to contribute something.
  • Specialj
    2 years ago
    I tried to submit a review twice. I finish the whole review but when I try to submit it it doesn’t work. 😩
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ Did the review get voted down or was it a site error?
  • Techman
    2 years ago
    I use Bing instead of Google for my business mapping. If that is a possibility.
  • Techman
    2 years ago
    A masthead with 'MY FEED' etc is blocking the upper left of my screen.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    'Feedback on new site'

I HATE it!!!
    It seems that the site is designed only for people on their phones. I just view it on a computer only. Founder look at the site using Firefox or an Edge browser then tell me if you're satisfied with the changes.
    Personally I think the best viewable version of tuscl was a couple versions ago but I always rolled with the changes but I don't think I will this time.

Now I admit I only read a couple posts in this thread, didn't have time to go through the whole thing and I don't have time to specify my complaints so I don't know if any of my concerns were discussed above but my feedback is it's nowhere near computer friendly!
    BTW if the creep was still here posting, wonder of wonders we would probably both agree on our hate for the changes.
  • NickysHardLife
    2 years ago
    the site isn't loading right. I can barely see anything without it being covered,
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I've viewed the site on desktop using Firefox and Chrome. No issues for me.

I'm wondering if founder has optimized the new site for varying PC screen resolutions, including low resolutions. People with aging eyes tend to use low resolution settings to make everything a bit bigger on the screen.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    On PC using firefox, https://app.tuscl.net/account/muted produces an error: "Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information)."

In the console I see "TypeError: b is null" in the framework and main js.

also on the account page, there's a "0" under the what's muted button and the email settings button isn't a button at all, it's just text. If I can still upload images I can screenshot it if you want.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Dolfan ... If you're not logged in on the new site and you visit that page, then you get the application error you posted. But if you're logged in on the new site, then you should see the list of Discussions that you muted (which for me is miles of SJG threads...).

On the "My Dashboard" page, there is a "0" under the stack of blue buttons. There's also the text "Email Settings" that isn't linked to anything (yet, I assume).
  • rickthelion
    2 years ago
    The new site has already attracted a zebra trolling as Twentyfive ape. It is well known that a large proportion of internet trolls are frickin’ zebras. And this rick frickin’ HATES zebras. They walk around lookin’ all stripey and shit and it makes me wanna ROAR!!!

Anyhoo… just a public service message from the council of ricks. A rick service message if you will. TTFN!
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    The forum display seems to shrunk on my desktop. Even on the new site, it used to take up the entire browser window. Now it's only about 40%, and in the middle.
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    I dont know if it was a loophole but the site 2 weeks ago allowed me to view 3 reviews for free each day. The new site doesnt allow that. Im all for requiring users to post reviews for a months access, but I think quality is better than quantity on this site. I would revert to giving users the ability to view a few free reviews and if they want to view more per day then post a review or pay.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    NJBalla ... This has been chatted about further up this thread, but also in these threads:

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=8202…
    https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=8203…
    https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=8204…

The three reviews per day for non-VIPs has gone away in the new design. I think it's fine. Probably a good decision, even.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    When does the old site disappear? Anyone know?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I'll give you some feedback founder, there's no real improvement, still the same few jerks starting flame wars intentionally, you seem to favor jackasses.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I like the changes for the sake of change. It matters that the site is refreshed from time to time. I don't even mind the grouchy old fucks who think they should run things, accusing others of the same childish behavior they display daily.

It now displays much better on my laptop than it did before. The main screen balances nicely between the two sidebars. Are there any new features, though? It looks cosmetically different and loads faster than in the past, but I don't see anything else.

The only improvement I would request at this point is the pictures on the main screen. Since I keep my phone in dark mode and the new site loads dark, and the photos are less prominent. It might be worth a second look to keep the whole thing lighter as it was.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I’m loving the new ability to editt mistakes
  • funonthaside
    2 years ago
    I believe it would be useful to categorize clubs by the city/town name only, rather than neighborhood, particularly since even for the areas of which I am familiar, the neighborhood names used in forum are not consistent with how they are known.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    @CMI I am logged in, I see the logout button on the left anyway and other pages like conversations and my feed work.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ Got it. I just know that if I'm logged in on the old site, and then go to the new site, I need to enter my credentials again. On the new site, I saw the error you noted when I was logged out (on the new), but after I entered my user/pass again, the correct content showed up. You might have something else going on with your system/setup.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    And the limited width thing is back too. At first it was limited, then it seemed to take the whole screen for a while, now it's limited again. I definitely prefer it expanding to the size of my browser. The way it is now, even on my tablet with it's little screen it only uses a small fraction of the real estate available.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    The "my feed" button isn't working
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ For me, the "My Feed" button works, but it has suddenly become incredibly slow to load.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Can we change the default sort of discussions to be last comment? It seems to default to date posted.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Also, do unpublished reviews no longer show when the last review was for that club? Was nice having that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Where is the “Messages” folder? How do I know when someone has sent me a message?
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    It's called "conversations" now. Same spot in the menu as before.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    ^ thanks – I just noticed that it’s now called “Conversations”
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    When I click on my name, I no longer see my past comments. Another member emailed me and said he can't see mine either. Is this somehow related to a glitch involving the transition to a new website or do I need to do something else now to see my past comments?
  • lurker21
    2 years ago
    I need to log in twice on my Android phone - once in the old site, and again when I'm referred to the new site. Very annoying.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    2 years ago
    I know this belongs in the new features thread, but I couldn’t find it.

When approving/rejecting articles, list a new rejection reason: “Advertisement. Should be posted in Personal Ads.”
  • SirLapdancealot
    2 years ago
    @founder you should make account names permanent once created or such that only you can change them. It would stop the shenanigans of certain members.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ I've never understood the reasoning behind letting members change their profile name. I think it was because founder kept getting requests for name changes from users, and so he started allowing users to change their own profile names so that he didn't have to field those requests. But, again, whenever a feature gets rolled out here, you can always count on one or several people to weaponize it.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    We used to be able to click where it said "last comment" and it would load on the bottom to show you that comment. That doesn't seem to work anymore
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Dolfan ... Not sure why that's not working for you, but it's working for me.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    @Dolfan, on the forum front page, I noticed that too. It works most of the time on the thread page itself, but there have been a couple of cases where it did not. Refreshing the page made it work.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Okay, so on the front page/thread list it doesn't work for me. I see it load the URL with the #comment<number> here but it doesn't scroll down. On the thread itself, like GMD mentioned I can click the top and it scrolls down. I guess that's good enough.

Thanks for the tip/explanation.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Also a bit funny but beyond not important, when I first post it says I've traveled to the future and my post will occur in a few seconds. A few seconds later, it shows the expected "a few seconds ago"
  • founder
    2 years ago
    We know what you're going to post beforehand, Dolfan. I told you guys the site would be faster ;)
  • danmccanns
    2 years ago
    I always like to start on my state and look at the new reviews here. The listings for Oregon are categorized by neighborhood and this seems to be wildly off in many cases. I assume it’s done by zip code but Portland clubs are listed as Gresham or Milwaukie and more. Like other members mentioned, it’s nice to see recent reviews by state or region rather than clicking on each club to search for new reviews. Overall, I like the look of the new site.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    I agree. I do like that the club listings aren’t based off of county anymore.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Overall the site is way faster which is a great improvement. However there's some stuff that doesn't work at all. When I click on "Bookmarks" or on "What's muted" it results in this error message: Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information). So I can't access any bookmarks or anything that's muted.

Also on the discussion page when I click "last comment" it goes to the first comment at the top and then I have to manually scroll to the bottom. However this feature does sometimes work correctly - about 1 out of 10 times.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    As already reported out the "strip club list" is filled with errors on club locations. Is this going to clear up automatically or do the members have to submit updates to the listings?
  • Jacks4thson
    2 years ago
    @misterorange I visit clubs maybe twice a year when traveling for work. So if you want me to make up reviews monthly I guess I could do that but that is generally frowned upon. The request was to provide feedback on the new site which is what I did. A few free reviews every week was and is all I ever wanted. If the owner now wants to charge VIP for that, more power to him. I might even decide at some point to fork over the $100 a year.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    @jack4thson look man at the end of the day we are the content providers. Founder doesn't put out reviews. It's just us, we're all we got. We cannot be messing with the incentives to contribute, ultimately it'll make for a worse community. What your asking for is really TUSCL communism. So some people get to slack on the doll, not put in any work, while other people do all the heavy lifting.

No. No free shit, my only exception beside typical VIP routes, is for the daily DB members/long tenured types I would be for them getting to be able see reviews because they are contributing just in a different way.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    $100 ain't really that bad for a year. I mean if you really think about it how much is a typical club visit? Even if your going cheap, between gas, cover, mandatory drinks, maybe a lapdance here or there probably go around $100 after 2, 3 maybe 4 club visits, something like that. How much do the big time reviews spend on reviews? Although they aren't doing it for TUSCL. I'm not, I would do it either way, I don't need VIP anymore I'm just glad share the info and make tuscl better.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Is there still a lifetime membership option? How much is it?

Feedback
    I preferred the old layout for unpublished reviews where you didn’t have to click them open. More clicks makes me less likely to read more than the clubs I’ve been to or am interested in.

Similarly, the additional click to get to the last comment. Yes, the site is faster so that’s good but more clicks is always bad. I assume this is just an under construction issue.

Thanks Founder!

• whodey
    2 years ago
    "So if you want me to make up reviews monthly I guess I could do that"
    Jack4thson don't forget you can get VIP for writing an article as well if you haven't been to a club recently to submita review of. Nobody wants anyone to write fake reviews.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    So, I'm fine with losing the limited free review views for non-VIPs, but I don't think I'm going to escalate the matter to "because COMMIES!". I actually think that it's better to not have that available because...

1. The reviews are ultimately the most valuable content on the site. If the site is here to make money, then access should be either earned or paid for. That's really the best reason.

2. A fair amount of reviews continue to include very graphic information, and in some cases connect dancers by name to extras. I'm not going deep into that battle right now. But, it makes sense to not have that information readily available to the new users "AbusiveBF" and "LocalJournalist" via nothing but an email address registration. No, TUSCL is not a DARPA secure site; it's not a heavy lift to crowbar your way in if you're determined. That said, I'm okay with putting up a few extra hurdles between the least-public-friendly information on the site and the public.

3. It was pretty obvious that some bad actors (trolls, spammers, etc.) used their limited free review views to cobble together fake reviews that would squeak by the adjudicators and get them VIP without ever visiting a club. File under "This is why we can't have nice things."

Nobody likes it when something that was free becomes not-free. But it makes sense here (to me).
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ===> "So if you want me to make up reviews monthly I guess I could do that..."

Or you could write an article. Or you could just pay for a month of VIP when you're planning your next trip.

Running the site isn't free. It wouldn't surprise me if founder has even questioned over time just how much VIP access he should be giving for reviews, but ultimately decided to keep it where it's at because the site needs a steady supply of fresh content. Every review you read is the result of someone else spending time and money in obtaining intel and then writing the review. The least you could do if you want to benefit from that content is to contribute in one form or another.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    @muddy, I agree generally that people should contribute, but whether to give away a few free reviews a week isn’t your or my decision. It’s solely on Founder. If he wants to give away a little for free (like any good drug dealer) to get people to contribute reviews or cash that’s on him.

@jack4thson - losing the fee reviews stinks for you.m but in no way is the answer ever “I’ll make up a few reviews.” Maybe you were just being loose with your language but if you were saying you’d write a fake review, that’s sacrilege and deserving of a ban for anyone who intentionally writes a fake review. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that that wasn’t what you meant. It’s just easier to write a real review, article, or pay $7 or whatever it is to read for a month.
  • azdd
    2 years ago
    Thanks Founder and company, a couple of comments:
    1. Having to log in multiple times is annoying. When I start from tuscl.net I log in, but then have to log in again when I click on either my feed or conversations. Also, can logged in status be saved?
    2. My feed now starts with unpublished reviews. Can I suppress this? I only occasionally look at unpublished reviews to see if any are in my area.
    3. I previously bookmarked myself so I could see my comments and reviews in my feed. Is this no longer available?

Thanks again for all you do for this site!
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    @jacks4th - "So if you want me to make up reviews monthly I guess I could do that"

Or on the other hand, I guess you could just go fuck yourself.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Founder, just want to add my thanks for the new format. I have a few quibbles, like not being able to follow my comments in My Feed and having to do a little extra clicking. But if these were necessary trade offs for gaining this improved functionality then so be it.

It was getting to a point where researching several clubs in a potential travel destination was cumbersome and time consuming because of the lag times involved, especially clubs with lots of reviews. This is infinitely better.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    After exploring the new format a bit more, I've found 2 things that I really do miss.

First is the map function. I can't begin to say how valuable that has been when I'm traveling. The ability to target areas with concentrations of clubs is great. It even helps me plan which hotel to stay at. I don't know if we can have that in this new format, but it would be awesome if we could.

The other is personal stats for the users. Credibility stats matter when I'm weighing the opinions of a reviewer about a particular club.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    A lot of people have mentioned the personal stats for users, and I really hope that comes back.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    IIRC, during the last reinvention of the site both the maps and user stats were added back later than basic features. Hopefully, that is the case again.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    Founder, thanks for restoring the fully open layout for the unpublished reviews 👍🏼
  • EastCoaster
    2 years ago
    founder, thanks for bringing back stats on individual users!
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Liking the return to full width forum and thread listings. But even though the "Last X while ago" is now an actual link, it still doesn't go to the last post in the thread. I remember once long ago when this was because the last person to post was on my ignore list. I have no idea if that's the case now.

I presume the separation of closed clubs from open clubs into a secondary list by city was deliberate, and I like that too.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I also appreciate the return of user stats. I'd really like it if we could again access a list of our previous comments (even if it's visible only to the profile owner and not to everyone). I used to access that a lot on the old site. Not sure if that's just me, though.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    "My feed" button still not loading on android phone or ms edge laptop
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Count me in the number who'd like to see my old posts and comments.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Another thing I've noticed, I thought it was just me. But sometimes reviews are showing up as unpublished even after you vote for them.

Some examples, https://app.tuscl.net/review/393658 this one has two thumbs up from the real Twentyfive. and this one https://app.tuscl.net/review/393658 has a thumbs up and a thumbs down from dickydoo2. Total votes are still seven, so in those cases those people got two votes.
  • Jacks4thson
    2 years ago
    @misterorange I guess we’ll never be best buds. Such a shame. You seem nice.
  • founder
    2 years ago
    mapping is back.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    I like being able to dig through my old posts. It's helpful if I want to pull out a quote.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I just voted on the same review twice. I thought it was a duplicate review submitted by accident, but it could be the reason why we're seeing some reviews get two votes from the same user.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    "my feed" button still not working. Maybe I should start keeping a running tally, like Jessica Chastain's character in "Zero Dark Thirty"?

Great job on switching the strip club listings from counties to metro areas, but Fort Myers is missing Allure (at Babe's), not that it really rates a mention.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ Both on mobile and PC, if I select "My Feed" it's *extremely* slow to load compared to the rest of the site. It loads eventually, but the first couple of times I went there I thought it was broken.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    The default sort order on the discussion forum seems to be last thread posted instead of last comment posted. That makes it tougher to pick out the busier threads until I remember to switch the order to last comment posted.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    ^ Agree.. default should be on last comment.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Maybe the sort by last comment issue is a browser based issue. I am using Chrome on an Android phone and once I changed it to sort by last comment when the new site launched it has stayed that way the whole time. I haven't had to change it back since then.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I think it stays wherever you set it to, as long as you remain logged in.
  • devl_dawgg
    2 years ago
    I miss being able to sort the clubs in a given city by most recent reviews. A great example is Tijuana where the first couple of clube listed haven't been reviewd in 5 years?
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I’d like to see a way you could see how many views your thread/review/article got, kinda like you can on Reddit. I wonder sometimes does anybody even read this stuff? It be cool to find out.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Cannot delete photos
  • Techman
    2 years ago
    List dancers alphabetically by name and by club.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I saw the top 40 is back. Would be cool if we still had "most ignored" members. Everybody wants to know who's the biggest douchebag.
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Whoever gave this new design, please fire that person. Old site was fantastic.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    The new design, like all previous designs of TUSCL, was done by @founder so I doubt he is getting fired Champphilly. He is basically a one man show building and running this site as a side hustle in addition to his regular job. Cut the man some slack and enjoy all the greatness he has given us over the past few decades.
  • founder
    2 years ago
    Maybe I should fire champphilly?

Anyway, as like all previous redesigns, this was not done capriciously. I COMPLETELY rewrote the ENTIRE site in a new language, using updated technology and hardware. There are LOTS of things missing. But I think we all can all agree that on a whole, the site is running immeasurably faster.

The features you are missing (sorting clubs, notifications, etc) will all be coming back. Just don't ask me when.

I seriously doubt I will ever bring back free reviews though. Anyone who comes to this site *probably* has visited a strip club at least once. Write a review, get 4 weeks free VIP.

Haven't been to a strip club? Write an article. There are no restrictions on article topics, just make it interesting.

Don't like to write? Pay $10 for a month.

Can't afford $10? Then you can't afford women, let alone strip clubs.

Have a blessed day.
  • founder
    2 years ago
    Forgot to add:

For the next few weeks I will be working on the admin side of the site, so don't look for any changes to the consumer side soon. Any obvious bugs will of course take precedence over the admin side.

Thanks for sticking with us.
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Founder, one suggestion, in this site there is no top header. When I scroll down, the top header is lost. For Example, on this page Discussion, Discussion topic etc.
  • founder
    2 years ago
    Are you on a mobile or desktop, champ?
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    2 years ago
    My Apple device is set to dark mode. (Thank you Founder for supporting this feature!)
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    2 years ago
    Sorry, hit enter too soon.

However, when I do a search, the Google page displays with a starch white background and the typed in text is light grey and almost impossible to see.
  • founder
    2 years ago
    Yeah, google is controlling the styling on that page. It's on a fix list, but down low.
  • founder
    2 years ago
    Working on notification for comments on posts now. should be done shortly
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    founder, I use both mobile and desktop. On both, the header (discussion/forum/articles etc) is lost when scroll down. Also, if it is a discussion, then discussion topic is lost, if it is an article title is lost (moves up with page). Like freeze pans in excel, keep the topic at top all the time when page is scrolled down. thanks, Champ
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    @founder, the links in the emails I get are no longer actually links, they're just text. And the ones I get for someone reacting to a post only go to the top of the thread, not my actual post, like they used to do.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    IDK if this has been mentioned already – but when I comment on a review, it just hangs there w/ the twirling gear emoji and the comment does not display – I have to get out of the review and back in it to see my comment – I use FireFox on my Android phone and Windows laptop.
  • ericinthe206
    2 years ago
    I'm going to a club tonight that gets lots of reviews. But like most places, the daytime vs nighttime vibe is different. I would love to be able to filter reviews based on time of day visited.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    I miss the perks of the older version.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I like the fonts. It gives the site a clean, crisp look
  • booty_lover92
    2 years ago
    The new search engine does not do a good job at finding your keyword search in the header or title of a post.
  • Richard_Head
    2 years ago
    My Feed still very slow.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Ignore/mute seems to be broken. I'm seeing threads from people I'm pretty sure I have on ignore. I also can't see a list of people I have on ignore like I used to be able to do so I'm not 100% sure. But when I click on rickthelions name in the discussions page, it takes me to his profile and I see an unmute button, which makes me think I still have him muted. But I see his discussion threads and I noticed one from Desertscrub too the other day, and when I click on his profile I just have unmute, which again suggests he should be muted.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    There are a lot of new threads from people who think they're creating a discussion linked to a club profile, but they're just posting to the Front Room (minus any useful context).

Not sure what it is, but there's something leading users astray on the club profile page UI.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Building off CMI's comment, even if a user does create a post on a club's page it doesn't show that way on the discussion page anymore. You can't see that the post is on a club's page until you open the post. Not a major problem, but it was nice to be able to just scroll past a topic before if I knew it was only referring to a particular club that was of no interest to me.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    The discussions page no longer shows the forum it was posted in, Front Room, VIP, Dressing Room, Club Specific, etc. Nor does it show who the last post is from.

And on a similar note, the the post age showing "a year ago" then "two years ago" isn't super useful. If you could just show the date it was posted if its more than a year, it would be much more user friendly.
  • TheElmerFudd
    2 years ago
    Got an “not yet implemented” message when trying to delete a conversation
  • gSteph
    2 years ago
    Sure do appreciate that the thumbnail pics on home screen are all women 👌
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I miss being able to see who left the last comment on a thread before I click through.
  • TheElmerFudd
    2 years ago
    The logout link doesn't work
  • BaggerRider
    2 years ago
    If you look at this review https://app.tuscl.net/review/394526 , 99rocky is listed in the Adjudicators section twice, and the clicking leads to the same user from both links.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    “I miss being able to see who left the last comment on a thread before I click through

Me too. Seems like it should be east to bring that back
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Dumb question, but what’s the little tablet/scroll looking icon between “thumbs up” and “thumbs down”

It’s not in this thread but it’s on others
  • gSteph
    2 years ago
    ^^ I think it shows that someone has 'bookmarked' the thread (or comment, or club or whatever.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Got it thanks
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    I can see threads started by someone I’ve got muted. They show up as muted in my Dashboard and when I click on their name the button is “Unmute.” I tried muting someone else and their comments disappeared as they should. Not sure if the bug is only with threads started by a muted user or if this user has super powers and is fucking with me.
  • founder
    2 years ago
    I'll be taking some time off

Look for fixes to start next week
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    The new bookmark layout looks good, but we can no longer see the latest review date? I know I can look in the "feed" section for recent reviews but there my favorite clubs are mixed up with lots of others from all over the country. I used to like going into "bookmarks" and scan the dozen or so clubs I have marked and see if any had a review posted in the last few days.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Also, while I'm bitchin' and moanin'... clicking on the "comments" icon for a discussion still takes you to the top. You have to scroll down to the most recent comment. No biggie with a mouse, but on the phone it's a little annoying.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    With the latest changes, I also can't see the left side menu. Dark theme, with Firefox on Windows 11. It's light gray text on a light gray background. I'm guessing the intent is for the background color to match the rest of the site, but that frame doesn't.
  • EastCoaster
    2 years ago
    I'm using Chrome on my laptop, and I can see the left (and right) panel just fine. I like this layout a lot.
  • EastCoaster
    2 years ago
    I also just tried it in Firefox, and it looks fine to me.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Dark theme & desktop are probably the key in my comment. With the dark theme, the background color of that pane doesn't change but the text switches to a light color, resulting in text on a background of a nearly identical color. Either making the background change or leaving the text dark would fix the issue.

The behavior on the right pane is as expected, the text turns light and the background turns dark.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Pink-purple color scheme? Is this fucking Stripperweb?
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Thanks for fixing the left nav bar, but. now the text in the sort-by has the same issue, as does the text in the comment area
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    thanks, looks like the sortby & comment box colors are back to normal now too
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    When I add a comment to a posted review the load time to view the comment seems to be 1-2 minutes.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ I'm getting the same thing. Not all the time, but often.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    And thank you for removing the "Hospice Care Green" from the background. The white background works for me.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    We all have personal preferences so you won’t make everyone happy - but where did the pretty colors go? Perhaps purple wasn’t the best choice - but white?? Kind of boring, isn’t it? We go to strip clubs - we want some glitter and razzle dazzle
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Is the new VIP symbol ($) a nod to the memory of Iceeloco (asshole)? https://www.tuscl.net/member/693878
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Hoo-ray for the "last comment" ID and stats on the discussion list. Thanks founder!
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    And the link goes straight to the bottom without scrolling !!
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^

Not for me, I clicked last comment a few times yesterday and today and it just takes me to the top of the thread.
    That is the same on firefox and edge.

Another issue
    I have a habit that I don't want to change. That's logging out every time I leave but when I return and try to login again i get a login failed message and a prompt to receive a recovery email. So I have to go to my email and click a recover password link everytime I want to login. again both on edge and firefox.
    Never had to do this with any of the previous tuscl versions.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    WTF? Just now after posting above the last comment feature is now working.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I think it's a bit funny that according to the icons, Founder is now a dancer.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    You think cj might ask him for dick pics?
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    'WTF? Just now after posting above the last comment feature is now working.'

And now it's not working again.
    I'll see how it plays out next time I come around.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. Now it's not working for me either. Lol
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Another oddity with scrolling is if you're on one page and scrolled partway through, then click the menu to go to another page, it'll start you off scrolled that same way down instead of taking you to the top of the page.
  • TheeOSU
    a year ago
    Update..
    I tried the last comment feature around 6 times this morning, it worked once.
    Also I still have to click a recover password link every time I want to login.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion