tuscl

Beating the tip parade?

Saturday, February 11, 2023 3:06 PM
Most of the strip clubs around here (NJ) love doing the dollar parade with unenthusiastic dancers. Was wondering if y’all here just give out dollars to all the women that come by, or only limit it to a woman you’re interested in. I was doing the former so I wouldn’t come off as a cheap ass but after going a few times and spending money for nothing really, looking for some ways to beat the parade without Coming off a rude cheap ass since some of those women are really persistent.

62 comments

• Dabadass84
    a year ago
    "Would you like to tip me for my stage dance?" They do the dollar parade in Philly too. If you're sitting at the bar nursing your overpriced draft there is no way around it. Some clubs have a seating area off stage that you can be left alone but some girls seek you out. $1 DOALLAR is enough. Don't give the ones you like more than $2 bucks. I've made it rain on my type of dancer while she's on stage and she still came by on her dollar parade. Is what it is, its a titty bar and these chicks just see ATM tatted on our forehead. Stretch those bills
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    I tip $1 per song if I'm at the bar at a minimum. Some of these chicks get no love all shift, so to me it's the cost of doing business. If I'm somewhere else in the club I still tip, but maybe not more than $2 if I'm not watching the show. If I want a girl to come back I'll tip more. Now I get it if you're wanting to save your dollars for dances and it's a tradeoff. I lived those days, too. Back then I had a set amount I'd spend on the tip walk and if I didn't find a girl I wanted by the time I'd gone through it I'd leave. Unless I went with friends, but we figured out which clubs we could bullshit in for a while and not be out $100 just on tips. To me it's not worth the heat to skip a girl because you don't know who else she knows in the club.
  • DOLLAR_BILL
    a year ago
    Also being from NJ, the Dollar Parade is unavoidable if you sit at bar when dancers make their rounds for tips. I definitely think you will be perceived as cheap if you do not tip every dancer at least $1. For dancers it is their job and they are there to make money. I just hate the dancers that come around more than 1 or 2 times or the ones that push for more than $1. It should be up to the customer if thy choose to give more to select dancers. Only way to avoid is to not sit at bar/stage, but even that doesn’t always work.
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    You can try different clubs too. Some clubs in NJ are much worse than others for the tip parade, up to 40/hour or higher. Other clubs can be in the range 10-20/hour. Some clubs have seating away from the stage which can help too. I tip each dancer at least $1 to $2 per stage shift, never 0.
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    Some clubs that serve food have a policy that the girls pass you by if you're eating. Order a cheap meal for like 12 bucks and eat it fucking slow. A few that come to mind are Lookers, Titillations and Breathless. They all have good food. Cheeques has good food too, but the chicks will still hit you up for tips, plus they'll eat half your food. Lol
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    a year ago
    The club is no place to be cheap.
  • Johnny25
    a year ago
    Laughed about the food. Honestly thanks, I’ll probably give that a shot. I don’t mind tipping 1-2 dollars to the dancers the first time but the real problem is I usually spend an hour or more at the club which is where these women will come around 2-4 times or more. When they have 10+ girls it adds up quick. Usually when it gets like that I’ll have a 20 bill and tell them I’m waiting on change or need change or go to the bathroom but it only works a few times.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    They mostly have stopped this practice in the clubs I go to, many times it’s a scam with all the girls trying to get a tip for their dance despite them not being on stage, just on the parade.
  • Subraman
    a year ago
    There's one club around here that does this. For me personally, yes, I tip every dancer if a club has a tip parade culture, even if it's just a couple of bucks. Or don't go to that club -- although that sounds easier said than done in your area unfortunately.
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    if you say you're waiting to change the 20 once in a while you'll have a girl that'll reply with i have change. i then reply with that's ok and hope she moves on without any further drama. ordering and eating food will work. when a girl is approaching you and you're already standing just walk a circle around the bar to back where where your were originally standing. by then she should already have passed by that spot. if you smoke cigs take a break outside. best way oeverall is to stay away from the barside and hang out at the background.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    It’s an integral part of some of the better clubs in Bmore, though the parade is only once around the room after they get off stage. At penthouse, they only parade on the bar to the guys sitting at the bar. If you’re at a table away from the bar they won’t approach you. Same for Fantasies. At Mill, they approach every customer. Same for McDoogals. That said, I just build it into my pricing for the visit. I tend to tip $3 a dancer. I use it to get something for my money and engage the girls in a quick conversation if I want them to come sit with me. It’s easy to do by pulling the tip out and holding it in your hand but not putting it into their garter while you try your rap. If it’s a girl I’m not interested in, I just hand over the tip quickly so they move on. I’ve seen guys refuse to tip and they quickly get marked and the word spreads among the dancers. I hope those guys like the food because no dancer is going to go out of their way to approach them once they are marked.
  • SalaoLikeSantiago
    a year ago
    If I sit at the bar I consider that the reasonable cost of the stage show. PLs that don't want to give a dancer a dollar for her effort can usually find spots to sit far from the show. Sometimes, dancers will just make the rounds without being on stage - then, I tip the ones that I like and tell the others I'll hit them up when I see them take the stage.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    "It’s easy to do by pulling the tip out and holding it in your hand but not putting it into their garter while you try your rap." McNulty is leaving out the part where he sways the tip in front of their eyes to hypnotize them. Make sure you guys do that and come back to let us know how it went.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    "if you say you're waiting to change the 20 once in a while you'll have a girl that'll reply with i have change. i then reply with that's ok and hope she moves on without any further drama." What happens when your change doesn't come lol? Some of these girls take shit really personal and I think I'd rather just take the hit for telling her to go away than get caught in some elaborate (for a strip club) lie. It's crazy when a girl decides you're her best shot at dollars and is watching you from afar, then comes back later and tells you all the stuff she noticed while club stalking you.
  • SirLapdancealot
    a year ago
    I'll use the tip parade to secure future time and dances with whichever stripper(s) I'm after. I'll pass on all others. I basically tip when I feel it is merited. I don't give in to tipping tactics that put pressure on the customer. Tips are supposed to be discretionary. So if a dancer is expecting me to tip, I will only do it if I was going to do it anyway.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    Lapdancealot you club in Portland, right? I've only been there once, but the clubs did seem a little more laid back on the tipping. Except Casa Diablo where they only wanted to give $2 bills to tip with lol.
  • jackslash
    a year ago
    This always works for me: [view link]
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    ay wallanon, if i gave that girl a 20, right away she would take most of the singles around her waist and count 18-19 singles and then hand those over to me. i would only agree to this if that girl was my type and would lead me to the lapper room after her stage stint was over.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    There’s a tip-parade and then there is a TIP PARADE. There are clubs w/ a modest tip-parade; and then there are clubs where the dancers def take advantage. NJ clubs seem to have a rep for too-much of a tip-parade. I live in Miami where some of “the extra-Cuban-heavy” clubs have gangsta-style tip-parades. I don’t like a tip-parade but I will “usually” try to adjust to the culture of the club – what I don’t let happen is to be taken advantage of and be taken for a $ucker. If the dancer comes around after her set I don’t mind giving a small-tip – what happens in Miami, and perhaps other tip-parade-areas; is that you have dancers circling the club continuously asking for tips and you can be hit by the same dancers ever 15 or 20 minutes all night long – if I get approached for a tip by one or two girls every-song (meaning the girl that just got off-stage and perhaps the one b/f her); then I’ll likely acquiesce – what I won’t do is be tipping 4,5,6,etc girls every damn song – in some of the Miami tip-parade-hustle clubs you can be tipping every 15 damn-seconds to where one can’t even sit back and relax w/o having to reach into your pocket every 15 seconds – fuck that shit – that is taking advantage and the dancers KNOW IT and do it b/c they know most custies are easy to manipulate. I stopped being a tip-parade-trained-monkey long ago – my M.O.: + depending on my mood – I may tip most girls when I first get there – but by the time they come around a 2nd-time I just say “no thanks I’m good” + or; depending on my mood: I won’t do the above and just say no-thanks right off the bat and only tip the girls I’m interested in The obvious reality is that the more PLs give-in; the worst it only gets and the more of an expectation that is built in – again this applies to clubs that take-advantage of the tip-parade where one is having to tip multiple (3 or more) girls ever single song even if they haven’ been on stage right b/f their tip-parade – and of course if one is sitting at-the-stage then one should be tipping the dancer(s) performing on-stage (which makes it tricky for NJ clubs since the stage is inside the bar and seems most NJ clubs are small w/ mostly bar-side sitting basically meaning one is sitting stage-side). In summary: + I tip every -dancer if I’m sitting stage-side (but I mostly care about dances and will rarely sit stage-side) + if a club has a tip-parade, I will try to blend-in if the dancers are not taking advantage, meaning only the dancer that got off stage is doing the tip-parade – if I’m getting hit by half-a-dozen dancers per song; forget-that; I stop tipping and only tip the dancers I’m interested in Clubs w/ abusive tip-parades are IMO counter-productive for custies – i.e. the more girls make on stage or w/ tip-parades, the less they may be apt to wanna give dances or even-good-dances if they can make a decent-amount tip-parading all-night-long and thus can avoid having to grind and be groped. w.r.t. being seen as “cheap” – for one; girls know they are taking advantage (in clubs w/ excessive tip-parades) – most know if a custy puts his foot down that he is not necessarily being cheap but just not being a sucker – I’ve been in excessive-tip-parade clubs a good # of times and rarely have I not been able to get dances when I want from who I want even if I haven’t been tipping – it may take being a bit pro-active in approaching the dancer and/or someway letting her know you’re interested in dances – IME rarely will a dancer say no to dance-$$$ b/c you didn’t tip the tip-parade (again b/c they know it’s a hustle) – and if she’s not willing to take my dance-$$$ ($25/dance) b/c I didn’t tip a buck or two during the tip-parade then I rather not deal w/ such a dumb-dancer.
  • SirLapdancealot
    a year ago
    @wallanon yes I'm in Portland but I tip the same anywhere. And yes in general there's less pressure to tip out here. It's been years since I've seen a tip parade or all dancers line up song. Clubs are basic and no frills out here. And yeah Casa Diablo is the biggest hustle club here and it starts with the $2 bills only bullshit. I avoid going to Casa and any of the Johnny Diablo Clubs because of the hustle and also I've NEVER met a dancer that had anything nice to say about Johnny. He's a well known sleaze bag amongst the stripper community out here. I'll take my business elsewhere TYVM.
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    A strip club should make money by giving customers what they want and not by forcing them to pay for things they don't want. The three primary services on offer are looking at the girls on stage, having them sit at your table and socialize with you, and going in the back for lap dances and any extras on offer. Customers should go up and tip the girls on the stage they like looking at but there is a free rider problem in strip clubs where many customers just sit there. I don't like tip parades but to a certain extent understand why they exist. I've had strippers tell me they don't particularly like the tip parade either because they have to approach reluctant to tip or even slightly hostile customers. Rather than pass out a bunch of one-dollar bills, I think I would prefer a higher entrance fee with the money from me and the other customers divided up among the girls. You couldn't have that higher entrance fee, though, unless most of your strippers are attractive. Customers would balk at paying a high entrance fee to go in and look at unattractive girls and then would just not show up. Another alternative would be for girls to make their money off lap dance sales. The stage performance is just a customer audition so the customers can look at the girls and pick out the one they want for socializing and lap dances. Most of my local strip clubs don't have tip parades and seem to follow that model.
  • K
    a year ago
    since the OP mentions NJ specifically, and not everyone is familiar with the typical NJ GO Go.. The stage is behind the bar. The customer cannot go up to the stage to tip a dancer. He must wait for her to come down from the stage and walk the inside of the bar to get tips. I don't know any customer that is upset when a dancer comes down after her set and collects tips. The problem is the abuse of this by dancers. Usually, two or three dancers that have not danced in a while will be working the bar for tips. Often it will be more. Each dancer makes numerous rounds. Each hits the customer up for a dollar for this tit, then that tit, her ass and mustn't forget the kitty. As soon as she leaves, the next dancer is in your face. Within a few minutes the first one is back in front of you. This can go on nonstop for hours in some clubs. A guy that doesn't say "no" can spend fifty to one hundred in an hour on the tip parade. Some may flash a nipple or let you cop a feel of her tit. Others do nothing but walk up and squeeze their tits together or hold out their hand expecting several dollars for no show, no interaction. It is not uncommon for women sitting at the bar to get up and start the parade whenever a new customer walks in. Three, four, five dancers in bikinis that haven't been on stage in over an hour are pushing for tips. how do i handle it, "i'll gladly tip you after your set, come back to me". "No thank you, i haven't seen you dance yet." "i've already tipped you a few minutes ago" Do they get upset? sure, some do.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    shit. I give the girls I halfway like $1.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    One thing I forgot to mention is that at millstream, it’s customary that if you don’t see the girl dance because you just walked in the club, they will exempt you from the tip walk. It’s clearly understood that the tip is for the stage show. I’ll usually tip anyway if it’s a girl I know or want to know.
  • Cashman1234
    a year ago
    In many NJ clubs the tip parade can be one of the costs to be considered when going to a strip club. I don’t have an exact amount, but on a day when there are many girls working, it can run up to $40 an hour? I haven’t found a way to avoid it. Although the suggestion from ratdog is a good one. I’ve eaten and not been asked for tips - so that is likely the reason. I mentioned a few months ago that I saw a guy trying to avoid it - and he was somewhat successful. When a dancer he wasn’t interested in stopped by he would look at his phone (and not look up). It became a waiting game with some dancers, as they would continue standing, and he continued looking down! Finally he would shout - “Go away!” - and the dancer would move on. It seems like a good way to get labeled as an asshole.
  • Mike Rotch
    a year ago
    Yea the ole "I'm eating', go away" trick usually works. Never had a girl ask for tips when I had a burger in my hands. It's just good manners. Other than that, just stay away from the stage, even if you gotta stand in the back like a schmuck. If the club has a pool table, you can play a game with someone for a while too.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    I haven't been to a strip club in New Jersey, but it has always baffled me, how is it that a supposedly grown man is so easily intimidated by a young woman in her underwear, if you don't want to tip just say no, it's really not that complicated guys, if more of y'all followed suit, the the tip parade, would go away.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    a year ago
    Y'all are just trying to rationalize being cheap at the club
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    "...if more of y'all followed suit, the the tip parade, would go away." It's really just a regional thing. Dudes should be able to tell just by looking around what the club culture is. Sometimes it's just a miss. When I was in Louisville I walked in a club and offered three dancers a drink because two girls talked me up right away but I wanted the third who was hanging back. $100 later I was sitting there laughing at myself on the inside, but could have had any girl in the club in any room I wanted after the first few minutes. That wasn't a tip walk issue, but I try to roll with the rules of the road wherever I end up.
  • Mike Rotch
    a year ago
    Not trying to be a cheap ass, but some girls do get greedy with the bills. I hate when I tip them a dollar, and then they expect another, and another. I mean if I like the girl a lot, I will. But not just any random Sheila. Sorry darling, just take your dollar and move on before I order another sandwich.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^^ I get your point about it being regional, if you noticed I prefaced my remarks stating I had never been to a Jersey club, but we had a whole bunch of them here in Florida a while ago, I decided I didn't want to participate a long while back, and let me add I'm far from cheap, I have been known to spend well in most of the clubs I go to. It's pretty much gone away in many of the places it used to be commonplace, not every where, I suspect, the clubs that rely on regulars, are the places where the culture change has become most noticeable, my guess if enough regular Jersey club goers stood their ground it would end there as well.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Just go with the Rodney Dangerfield approach "no thanks just browsing": [view link]
  • MackTruck
    a year ago
    You sound broke as a joke! You should get in da shit truck business so you can be rich like me. Da shit truck business is guaranteed to make you smarter, taller and richer!!! 💪🤸🧔🤪🤓🤑💩💩💩
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    To quote Joshua from War Games: “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.” To beat the tip parade, my move is not to visit those clubs. Luckily in my area that's an option. But it sounds like what you guys in NJ are describing as a tip parade is a little different than Miami's tip parade. I'm not familiar with those clubs. For stages behind the bar with a girl who goes around that bar and collects from the people sitting there, that's not what I picture when you say tip parade. If you can avoid it by simply not sitting at the bar, I consider that more like just as sitting in the front row of the stage. In Miami, the tip parade involves a girl going around to every customer in the club to get a tip. They're obviously both often abused by dancers, so they have that in common.
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    For those who gave the OP grief for debating whether to give small stage tips, a little background may be in order. In certain parts of the Northeast (Queens, NJ, Philly, B'more, 1 club in Boston, 1 club in CT), clubs use a format that I haven't seen anywhere else in the country, with the main stage either behind the bar or in the middle of the floor with the bar wrapped around it. In these places, it's common for girls to do tip walks along the inside of the bar. It's also often hard or impossible to avoid sitting at the bar because many of these places provide (no doubt by design) little to no seating elsewhere. It sounds easy enough to deal with. Just throw each girl a buck, right? That's easy enough when one girl is up at a time and does a single tip walk at the end of her set. The problems in some places though are twofold: First, some of these clubs will throw 4 or more girls up on stage at a time. Second, in some of these places the girls will do multiple tip walks within a short timeframe. When both of these things are happening at the same time, cash burn rate starts to become a real consideration. IME Millstream and G2K, by way of two examples, were notorious for running the behind the bar tip parades on all cylinders. I don't know how Millstream is now, but it's calmed down at G2K a lot simply because there are less people now. When this shit is happening in high gear, it starts to get very expensive very quickly. Really it leads to better dancers subsidizing the weaker ones because it becomes much tougher to target your money to the girls you like. So with all that said, I see where the OP is coming from and it's a valid issue where he clubs.
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    Clarification to Dugan’s post. Millstream stage is not behind the bar. Usually, it’s one girl doing 2 song sets but sometimes there’s a cleanup song where they wipe down the pole, so only one girl every 9-10 minutes, or if you are minimum tipping each girl a buck, it’s $6-7 an hour. At the Christmas party and on crowded nights, they’ll open up the side stage and if the girls are doing one song on each stage, then it’s a minimum of about $20 an hour, plus whatever you might throw on stage. To me, the $1 on the tip walk is obligatory at the bmore clubs who are structured this way. It’s a known quantity and part of the cost structure. Don’t like it go somewhere else. The stage tips are discretionary. I’m not saying this is the case in NJ or anyplace where the girls just walk around asking for tips without having been on stage, spending time with you, etc.
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    Jimmy, you are right. I was confusing it with Johhny A's Hitching Post. My bad.
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    ===> "To me, the $1 on the tip walk is obligatory at the bmore clubs who are structured this way. It’s a known quantity and part of the cost structure. Don’t like it go somewhere else." You're free to your opinion, but nobody is obligated to agree with you. Don't like it then post somewhere else. Personally I hate subsidizing fat, old and/or ugly dancers. I'll often do it in those places as the path of least resistance, but sometimes a girl is just so fucking bad that I refuse out of principle. I don't give a fuck if her feelings are hurt or if she stands there waiting. It's not my fault that she can't stop double fisting Little Debbie snacks.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    @rickdugan said "Personally I hate subsidizing fat, old and/or ugly dancers. I'll often do it in those places as the path of least resistance, but sometimes a girl is just so fucking bad that I refuse out of principle. I don't give a fuck if her feelings are hurt or if she stands there waiting. It's not my fault that she can't stop double fisting Little Debbie snacks." ^ The only way I could agree with this more is if you added in shitty attitude dancers. If you somehow manage to offend or annoy me, which isn't very easy to do, within a 15 second interaction asking for a tip, I'm refusing too.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    And based on the additional clarifications, maybe it is more similar to the Miami clubs than I thought. The mechanics might be different, but the result is the same. There's a constant stream of girls coming around asking for a buck or two. Often times the parade takes away from quality time & money spent on desirable strippers and redirects it to undesirable ones, even if it is a matter of taste rather than objective quality. That sucks if that's how all the clubs are in that area. It's not just the cost aspect that annoys me about it here, its the distraction part too. If I'm sitting with a girl and she is called on stage, in a non-tip parade club its normally a 15 minute or so absence and then we get back to it. At a place with a tip parade, it's easily twice that. At that length, I'm fighting off new girls wanting to sit down or getting bored and wanting one to, thus starting the whole thing over again. Even if I do manage to keep the same girl with me for a while, we're constantly distracted by a passing girl on her parade, or when they notice you're not paying attention, any random bitch whose desperate enough to walk by and ask for a buck. It's just an overall shitty experience, it would probably drive me to SB or Escorts or something.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    Addendum to those who keep saying it’s the culture, you don’t have to make it your culture. Just like anything else if you don’t want to participate, just don’t. It isn’t a big deal, so what a few girls in their underwear will say mean things, I bet if you see one you’re interested in she won’t refuse your invitation or the tips you choose to bestow upon her just because you didn’t tip the fuglies.
  • wallanon
    a year ago
    I'm not in the hobby to join a tip refusing revolution, but can admire its principles lol. These discussions would be much easier to have if people stop telling experienced club goers they're wrong for not doing things the same way. I spent a lot of time at Millstream and McDoogals in Baltimore last year. At Millstream the dancers will walk to every single person in the club no matter where they are sitting looking a tip, but only after they've done a stage set. They're typically pretty good at knowing who was there and who wasn't there because the main floor is small and the stage is bar height. Can you refuse to tip? Sure you can, the dudes only really get bounced for groping the girls on stage. But the girls are hustling constantly and you can't always tell who's in what clique on your first visit. Why piss off the friend of the dancer you actually want by waiving her off? You save a few bucks (that's really all were talking about) and then spoil your visit. I've paid a stripper the price of a dance to go away when I needed her to move stat (to get the dancer I wanted sitting in her place), so a couple of bucks is cheap lol. At McDoogals if you're at the bar you're going to get hit twice by each girl, and there are usually 1 to 2 girls per set. Most guys will do $1 per round, so that's $2 per jukebox song every song. Girls I'm not crazy about get a dollar, girls I want time with get more because it's a big ass bar and you've got guys spending on stage, lappers, and rooms. If you're not at the bar you don't usually get hassled, but it's a small club and most of it is the wrap around bar. If you make one girl's night they talk a lot and you're marked, so just make sure you maintain the $1 a trip and you're ok. I pissed off a dancer on her birthday and a whole clique gave me the cold shoulder for a couple weeks til one decided she wanted my money. The birthday dancer got her tips but kept hassling me for a dancer and I finally said no thanks. This probably where someone is staying "you stood you're ground, good on ya" but that's not how the stripper brain works. The way that story got retold is I didn't take care of a girl on her birthday and that was a dick move lol. I wrote something I didn't post about Johnny A's in Paterson, NJ and it's tip situation during my visit. I'll see if I can dig it up. That's a club where I saw 4 or more girls up on stage all at once and it was the middle of dayshift.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ I don't know who you were referring to, about telling anyone they were wrong, I never meant to even imply that, my only point was simply if you don't chose to tip every dancer don't, or in your case do, it means nothing to me either way, I go to a club for my enjoyment, you have every right to enjoy it in any way you want.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    a year ago
    You troll clubs for hookers and pretend to be so rich on here. But are too cheap to give a dollar to the girls working the club... some of you gloat about not tipping like it makes you look good or something
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    @dugan “You're free to your opinion, but nobody is obligated to agree with you. Don't like it then post somewhere else.” I agree mostly, which is why I limited my opinion to the local clubs I know best. Wall summed up the culture here. Mill usually has no cover, no parking charge and good food and drink specials most of the time. McDoogals is an $8 or $16 cover weekedays/ends and is byob. Yeah, you have to pay a buck a dancer, but they aren’t soaking you in some of the ways clubs usually do. That’s why I’ve rationalized it as obligatory. It’s just the way the comp structure works for the dancers and it’s not all that much money.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    a year ago
    We don't really have tip parades out here. But if it's like a small club. And you have say 14 girls working. That's a minimum of $14. Even if you tip $5 to each girl that's only $70. That's not a lot of money.
  • Cashman1234
    a year ago
    I don’t have enough experience with the rest of the country, and tipping practices. I am learning a bit more about the fact that the NJ clubs (and some of the surrounding areas) have a different setup, that seems to encourage a tip parade. In several of the NNJ clubs I’ve patronized, the setup is very much as Rick Dugan describes. The clubs usually aren’t large, and the bar and stage (behind the bar) take up enough space that there isn’t much space left for tables or booths. I’m sure you can just sit and tell the dancers no each time they come by, I’ve never tried that, but there’s nothing wrong with holding your ground. I consider it a reasonable component of the cost of hitting a club. If I spend $500 on a club outing - there will likely be $40 going to the tip parade, maybe $30 for drinks, and $400 to dances (and the remaining $30 going home in my pocket).
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    a year ago
    If I was in a club that did this, I'd probably just pay the tips (assuming that I wasn't getting soaked) and factor it in as a cost of doing "business". But I'm also glad that the clubs around me don't do this.
  • dogchain
    a year ago
    Food thing is a good one. I didn't know that. -massages are good if there is a massage girl. Dancers won't come up to you for a tip while you get one. -dancers who try to get second round of tips I will get up b4 they get to me and go for a bathroom break. -if there is seating anywhere but the bar sit there -if the bar allows you to stand. Then stand off to the side -if you have to tip make it worth your while too. Never just let them take if from your hand. Have them do a little butt shake or something. They are getting a tip for service not for existing. Also use it as a chance to vet a girl you might be considering a dance with. I'm not into stage shows at all. Especially now a days were girls don't even dance anymore. They just do the two step next to the pole. I just want dances from dancers I find attractive or like.
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    When it's modest enough it's not a big deal. I've also learned over the years how to keep a conversation going with someone while dealing with tip walks while barely missing a beat. But when it gets extreme it can be really bad. Gallagher2000 was an extreme example of this. They could have 5 girls do a tip parade, not once but twice, in a 3 or 4 song set. They would literally wait in line at each guy as they went around the bar. On a busy night the cash burn rate at the bar was easily $100+/hr, on top of the expensive drinks and any extra tipping one did to girls that one really liked. Over the years I lost count of how many times I walked out of there surprised to find that I was $500-600 down for next to nothing. I found Johnny A's to be similar. Now they sometimes only had 2-3 girls on stage instead of 5, but some of those girls would hop off the stage multiple times during a set to collect tips. The cash burn rate got high in a hurry. I'm sure that G2k and JAHP weren't the only ones either, but just the ones I experienced. In some places it can really get out of hand.
  • rickmacrodong
    a year ago
    You dont havw to tip. One time a very odd looking crack ho with deep under eye circles came up to me asking for a tip telling me i know you were watching me dance the whole time. I didnt even know she had gone on stage. I told her what i never saw you. She didnt have an answer, then turned to her friend and said its ok they just cant afford it then. I was about to comment on her looks and show her how much cash I brought with me but just kept my mouth shut. You dont need to tip especially if theres an entrance fee or food drinks required
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    a year ago
    If you complain about tipping at a club you can't afford it. If tip parades are a part of the culture there then tip or don't go. How can it be enjoyable avoiding dancers or arguing with them about tips. Or coming on here and whining how expensive it is. Even spending $100 an hour at a club isn't much. If you just want a hooker go to the blade. It's like some of you just want that and complain about everything the club is about. You make yourselves look bad by not tipping. It's not making a stand when it's an expected part bof the experience
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    ^Icee, are you educating us again honey? It's always cute when a 20-something year old girl shares her deep wisdom with guys twice her age and with 50 times her experience. Keep up the good work kiddo. 😉
  • SirLapdancealot
    a year ago
    ^^^Iceydodo it's kinda like you complaining about the price of groceries and you stealing at the self checkout.
  • Phoenix133
    a year ago
    None of the clubs I worked was this a thing. You are only expected to tip if you were at the stage. (And if you don’t plan to tip then you shouldn’t sit by the stage you should sit farther away so others can tip.) Personally if it’s the norm for where you are at I’d just give only a single dollar if you aren’t wanting to actually tip but feel obliged. As long as you didn’t sit at the stage and watch I don’t see that as rude. You could also maybe try to go dip into the bathroom to avoid the girls. If it’s really busy your absence will likely not be noticed.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    a year ago
    Damn you act cheap and then get butthurt when you're called cheap
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    A bit out of no where, but I remember when the practice at the south Florida Cheetah's was for the girl to dance three songs on the stage behind the bar, then they'd walk around on top of the bar for the next song or so in a little tip parade. I never minded that at all. It wasn't ever really abused, the obligation level wasn't particularly high. If a girl had a good customer, she'd skip the parade and rush back to you. If you were with a girl already, the girl on the stage would generally just pass you by. But when you wanted to talk to her, it was a good chance to invite her over after. But you always had the option to sit elsewhere, at a table or something. I think Showgirls Inc down in Cutler Ridge still does something similar with the girl dancing on the main stage for two songs and then doing the final one as a lap around the bartop. If I remember right, I think some dude got a little carried away with slapping a girls ass and got kicked in the face with a stripper heel, the ensuing lawsuit led to ending the practice. They still have the little metal poles above the bar the girls used to use for support though.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    The avg song-length in many clubs is ~3-minutes - that's ~20 songs per hour - if there are multiple dancers hitting u up every song; that's a good amount of overhead to be paying for something u don't want - a custy should be tipping judiciously; not constantly
  • Wjesb
    a year ago
    Yeah, overall, there are good discussions and strategies here, but honestly, if you haven't been to the northeast, it is hard to comprehend. I sincerely doubt it is anything we can change by voting with wallet as the average PL has no problem getting fleeced on the tip parades and make it worse for the rest. Pretty much similar to how the price for hookers has only gone up here and not down. I stopped going to lookers, and AJ's because they are ridiculous with the tip parades. It would be one thing if the dancers were doing an actual show, but they just move side to side and maybe shake their asses half-heartedly before scrounging for tips. I actually had a laugh the other day at Johnny A's because a dancer was talking to me how most girls liked going there compared to breathless since they can make enough money for the night without doing any dances or vip because of the parade.
  • Mike Rotch
    a year ago
    I still prefer the "tip parade" clubs to the "make it rain" clubs. You know the type where the girls demand that you throw wads of cash at them, repeatedly. You can literally burn through $100 in less than 5 minutes doing this. I know a certain club that does this all the time. The funny thing is, they had about 10 bartenders standing around and like 1 dancer on stage. And the bartenders were way hotter.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    Learn to say "no". As others have stated, "don't be afraid of girls in their underwear".
  • NJBalla
    a year ago
    In my young days i would let my first 20 in singles run and out and tell a few girls I will tip them when I get some change. Also if a girl would come by too often I would pretend I couldnt hear her when talking or saying Ill tip her during her next round. These days I dont have the time for the mind games. I honestly wouldnt go to clubs where you feel the tip parade is a hassle. Most clubs where girls rely on tip parades do so because the girls arent any fun in the back. A good dancer should be able to make more giving lapdances in the same amount of time as dancing on stage. I dont club much anymore but the clubs i gravitate are the ones where the tip parade is highly beneficial as it enables you to ask the girl for dance. The few clubs with fun dancers in the back with high tip parades can be easily solved by grabbing a girl for a dance instead of paying the same cost in tips. But if you want to sit at the bar for 2 hours and watch the scenery then there is a cost to it like everything in life.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion