tuscl

Sex Worker on resume

Thursday, July 14, 2022 11:33 PM
Would you a hire a former sex worker? To me she has the perfect qualifications and experience for what I’m looking for. [view link]

17 comments

• Muddy
    2 years ago
    On a more serious note. I usually think all these movements in America are pretty gay but this one of destigmatizing sex work I could get behind. A lot of people have sex sometimes. Shocking, I know.
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    There are a lot of hot sex workers I could get behind too.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    What kind of "sex work" (it's such a broad term) and what kind of job? It could be valuable work experience.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Being an independent contractor who has great people skills is a plus. So is being a positive team worker on a winning team. Always meets her quota. Contrubutes to making sure her peers succeed. Follows orders well. Is a creative thinker. Has worked with a highly successful company. Good at recruiting for the team.
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    Yes I would hire her. I need some cleaning done in my pants. Problem is if she does a good job she will have to clean up again
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    2 years ago
    Would I hire her? No. Easy choice. And it's got nothing to do with qualifications or acceptance. It's like the Colin Kaepernick of office jobs; is the headache worth the benefit? If "sex work" is on the resume, how long is it until the co-workers all know? A day? Less? That's multiple HR complaints and lawsuits waiting to happen because horny dudes who otherwise got their work done are now preoccupied with trying to be the first guy to nail the new chick in the break room. "Sales" would be better.
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    2 years ago
    Interesting question, though. Much moreso than what fake blonde Asian with Cs is working at Desire from 3-10 on the 3rd Tuesday of every month? One of those titty bar memo pad clowns has the answer.
  • Jimmybigtits
    2 years ago
    I just had a mental image of Stoya as my accountant
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    This woman, in particular, seems to be chasing clicks and notoriety. That is more likely to cause a level-headed employer to pass on her than the sex work. It could make for an interesting interview. The most normal, expected, and common interview behavior is to review the work history and ask the applicant to explain their duties and performance. The next question would be whether the "sex work" she performed is legal where she did it. If not, it would be like listing "smuggler" or "opiate diatributor". Own it all you want, it won't help you get a job.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    prudish america…
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    She seems to be more of a marketing whore than a true sex worker.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I wouldn’t hire her because it seems she isn’t too bright. Just list independent contractor on the resume and let’s the details come out in the interview if the rest of her qualifications are good
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    I would hire an ex-sw. I would not hire some attention seeking lunatic that writes "sex work" on her linkedin. Everyone knows that in the current climate, sw is not accepted by most people as a legitimate profession, and the mere suggestion of sex work gets many people upset. This hire would to cause a lot of waves and drama in the workplace. She knows this, and is using this drama to build her personal brand. Fair enough, but who needs the additional aggravation at a modern company with all of its dramas and intrigues? No thanks. She may as well write "attention seeking pain in the ass" on her resume. That said I do agree with her 100%: "Why is this different than any other client work?”...its not, and its incredibly common. We celebrate the young men who sell their bodies to commit violence (soliders), why should a young woman who sells pussy be looked down upon? Maybe in another age this wont be so controversial.
  • Jimmybigtits
    2 years ago
    Still tho it would be a fascinating interview
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    True story: I used to manage a trucking company so I was constantly interviewing drivers/deliverymen. A guy comes in one day, spoke English well enough but with a heavy accent and there were several misspellings on his job application. No big deal, we're delivering appliances, not teaching English. As I scanned down his list of previous employers, I noticed at one point in his career he had been a "whorehouse manager". (Obviously he meant "warehouse" manager.) We had a good laugh over that in the office, but I did call back and hire him because his work history and driving record were good, and anyway we liked him. He quickly became one of the most hard working and reliable guys we had, and after we got to know him well enough, we shared the story. Then the joke became that the only reason we hired him was due to his experience as a whorehouse manager, and we were still waiting for him to bring the whores around.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    I have more of an issue with how its represented than what it is. A phlebotomist from a lab, a receptionist in a general practitioners office, and a neurosurgeon could all put "Medical Work" on their resumes, how much does that mean to me if I'm looking for an oncologist? If I had a job for a hostess or cocktail waitress or something at a restaurant, I'd consider dancing relevant experience. If she was cam model, it's less relevant. I have in fact hired ex strippers before, knowing I was doing it. I've probably done it a few times unknowingly too.
  • Liwet
    2 years ago
    It would be an asset for a customer facing job.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion