tuscl

America is the Best Country

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Monday, May 25, 2020 11:37 AM
If you are a US citizen, and don't agree with me, you're not a friend it TUSCL It's simple as that America has problems, but we're still the country everyone wants to immigrate to.

125 comments

• BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    America is the Best Country – EVER! FTFY
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    I walked through a county courthouse square On a park bench an old man was sitting there I said, your old courthouse is kinda run down He said, naw, it'll do for our little town I said, your old flagpole has leaned a little bit And that's a ragged old flag you got hanging on it He said, have a seat, and I sat down Is this the first time you've been to our little town? I said, I think it is He said, I don't like to brag But we're kinda proud of that ragged old flag You see, we got a little hole in that flag there when Washington took it across the Delaware And it got powder-burned the night Francis Scott Key Sat watching it writing say can you see And it got a bad rip in New Orleans With Packingham and Jackson tuggin' at its seams And it almost fell at the Alamo Beside the texas flag, but she waved on though She got cut with a sword at Chancellorsville And she got cut again at Shiloh Hill There was Robert E. Lee, Beauregard, and Bragg And the south wind blew hard on that ragged old flag On Flanders field in World War one She got a big hole from a Bertha gun She turned blood red in World War Two She hung limp and low a time or two She was in Korea and Vietnam She went where she was sent by Uncle Sam She waved from our ships upon the Briny foam And now they've about quit waving her back here at home In her own good land here she's been abused She's been burned, dishonored, denied, and refused And the government for which she stands Is scandalized throughout the land And she's getting threadbare and wearing thin But she's in good shape for the shape she's in 'Cause she's been through the fire before And I believe she can take a whole lot more So we raise her up every morning We take her down every night We don't let her touch the ground and we fold her up right On second thought, I do like to brag 'Cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I gotta give the edge to Germany - FKKs are a sign of a superior society
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Then learn German and move.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    ^^^ except most of the providers speak English anyway.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    ANTARTICA4LIFE MUTHAFUCKA THE TRUE SOUTHSIDE REPRESENT
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    FKKs sound like heaven on earth. The Nevada whore houses don’t even compare. We are repressed in that regard. Not worth moving for though.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I want to visit Germany. I want to LIVE here. Ditto Founder.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    And if we all work on the problems - together - we can keep it the best. Cause it is not guaranteed to always be the best. Cause before America, some other country was the best. It takes effort.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    The effort of working together.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @founder You wrote: “America has problems,” Couldn’t agree with you more.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @gSteph Your wrote, and I added: “And if we all work on the problems - together - we can keep it the best.” Big,Huge “IF” we all... “Cause it is not guaranteed to always be the best.” ABSOLUTELY “Cause before America, some other country was the best.” It is a FACT, and after America some other country will be the BEST. I believe the Fatherland will be The Best Country after America is no longer.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Fuck off cjkent You're a huge part of the problem
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    What CJ Kent wrote: “I believe the Fatherland will be The Best Country after America is no longer.” What I looked up as the definition of fatherland “HISTORICAL Germany during the period of Hitler's control. singular proper noun: Fatherland; noun: the Fatherland Definitions from Oxford Languages” 👀
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @nicespice In Germany itself, the word Fatherland is still used in the usual patriotic contexts.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Splitting hairs with an academic doesn't get you anything but bald. It's a little rough in the US these days. Will probably stay that way until more citizens get over themselves and remember it's ok to try and do things to help the country prosper beyond their own lives. But I wouldn't rather be anywhere else, especially on day that remembers and celebrates those who gave all they had.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    AMERICA......LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !!!!! I doubt we will see very many packing up and heading out.
  • prevert
    4 years ago
    Agreed. Yes, we have problems. At least we have a *chance* to solve them, unlike others.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    “This f-ing country is hopeless. The political divisions in the US are almost as bad an Arab country” “I mean for fuck's sake, is there anything in this country that we can just fucking agree on? Such as, I don't know, not spreading a deadly virus to other people? Nope, apparently deadly viruses are a liberal hoax. Even a pandemic becomes a left-right issue.” ~ CC99 ~ Possibly the youngest PL TUSCL has ever seen. ~ massive f-ing weeb who loves cute girls and ecchi. “It’s never been about left vs right. More like 0.1% of regular ass humans tricking the rest of us into fighting among ourselves while they rob us blind.” ~ SanchoRG, Texas
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Fuck off cjkunt
  • Goodclubrep
    4 years ago
    I read every word, every day, and usually only comment on funny or just fun threads. I came for the advice and stayed and joined for the fact that you are all, yes all, really intelligent. Interesting, and fun to read. Without going too far with this, I agree that this is the best country. There, of course, are problems with any country or, as you will, any form of government. And, as said, everyone wants to come here. Europeans came 150 years ago because of the hope of eating meat maybe once each month instead of maybe 3 times per year max. Think about that. That's still most of the world's reason to come. The idea their families will continue to survive when they're gone. I think a Frenchman said after the start of our representative republic that we would survive until the government leaders started buying our votes with our tax money. This has greatly increased since the new deal and continues from both sides. This is still the best country.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I agree that American is the greatest country on Earth. Our Founding Fathers were true heroes. Men who pledged their "lives, fortunes, and sacred honor" to each other and the premise that all men are government of the people, by the people, and for the people. There were missteps, but our country has always worked to correct them. However, while the USA was created as a great nation, by great men, it has become a shithole overrun with shitheads. It is still the best country in the world, but I have not hung the flag since 2008. While I saw some glimmers of hope during the Tea Party revolution in 2010 and 2012, the mainstream media was able to slander them largely into submission. let's be serious: how great can you consider a country to be when your last two elections were Hillary Clinton v Donald Trump and Donald Trump v Joe Biden? THIS is the best we can do? Our congress, supposedly more powerful then the executive branch, seriously entertains the kind of bullshit that was levelled against Judge Kavanaugh or used to impeach Donald Trump? The constant stream of lies and bullshit, manipulated media, and blatant malfeasance that permeates virtually every broadcast at all ours of the day? So America is the best country in the world. as we have become a nation of spoon fed, drooling idiots watching honey boo-boo and the Kardashians; but is still better here than anywhere else.
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    America is the best country, but it won't be forever unless we acknowledge and try to solve some of our problems. Polarization--- COVID is not a political issue! Disparity of economic opportunity (note the emphasis on opportunity) Universal access to health care Realistic planning to cope with long term challenges, such as climate change Rising nationalism, which promotes an "us" versus "them" mentality rather than a focus on the collective good and well being of your neighbors And, more the the heart of this discussion board, a repressive, attitude about sex, including prostitution I could go on, but remember, all things change and there is no guarantee that America will always be great.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or who says it, neither when or where it was done. Our Founding Fathers did not invent the American system of government out of thin air. They were influenced by their British heritage. The colonists were British until the so-called American Revolution. We the people of tUScl need to desacralize the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Amendments; to expose popular myths about the so-called founding fathers who were slave owners killer of natives massacring women and children. We the people of the tUScl should help create a better world with justice for all, were it is fundamental that justice should be the same, in substance and availability, without regard to economic or social status.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Fuck off cjkent. You're not welcome here. This is not a Free speech issue. I own this siye. Get the fuck out.
  • DenimChicken
    4 years ago
    I would never want to live anywhere else. Been to other countries, some for weeks at a time. Some great places out there....but no.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    CJKent......You are entitled to your opinion and when will you exercise your right to MOVE TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY ?????
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    America is a continent.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Not a country
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Neat geography lesson. Fuck off icey, you're a worthless hater too
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Overall America still has a ton going for us but I worry we are in serious decline. I feel like when I was a kid it was unquestionable America was the best. Now? It's getting uncomfortably close. We will see if whoever is in charge in 2021 can fix the trajectory.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    After the Korean war. North koreas development outpaced south Korea's all the way up to the 1970s. Then north korea became stagnant. Especially after the 1980s when south korea became a democratic country. Now everyone pretty much bypasses north korea coz its stagnant and ita ideology out of touch with the world. The US kinda mimics north korea in a lot of ways. But both coubtries have potential if they joint yje developed world
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You're a fucking idiot if you think the USA is even remotely similar to NoKo Good Lord covid really brings out the stupidity of the kept society.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    We have the greatest nation ever put forth on this planet, we will survive this time with all of its challenges and come out stronger despite the fuck-ups that have occurred There is no better place on this earth to live despite our imperfections.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    See... 25 and I share very few similar views, but FFS we both know that people come to America for a better life. I don't see a lot of people leaving, even though many promised to after Trump got elected
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    I would not want to be any where else. But, I agree with what Electronman said. Every era brings its own problems, that a functioning society must face and solve. A society is not going to ever stay the best unless it keeps trying (TOGETHER). Calling others names because you disagree with them is not the best 1st step. Thank you to ALL who have served this country. In whatever way. But on this day, especially for those who have served in the military and may have risked all for your, my, and everyone's freedom.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Yes America has many problems but at this point in time none of them are so big that they can't be fixed. We're still the best of the best!
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    America has problems but we also have amazing resources and amazing people. Winston Churchill said. “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried.” We will self correct and get back to some form of normal life sooner or later. We have been through tougher times before.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    CJKent is the reigning champion of pseudo-intellectuals (while SJG is gone) who throws quotation marks around his random thoughts to give them fake cachet. Probably hasn't gotten over being waitlisted at Oberlin.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    “The greatest thing about the internet is that you can quote something and just totally make up the source.” – Thomas Jefferson :D
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    ^ Stick with what you're good at CJ, collecting dick pics. .. [view link]
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    “I don't get why some of you are so butthurt about the truth.” ~IceyLoco ~May 25th 2020
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Well said, founder.
  • Daddillac
    4 years ago
    I 100000% agree with you founder [view link]
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    I don't think we're the best country in the world. We are a good one, comparisons to the hell that is North Korea are obscene, but we are not the best. I think Japan is the best country in the world for all the following reasons... - No mass surveillance of its citizens. - Tiny crime rate (you can pass out drunk on the streets of Tokyo and nobody will steal anything) - Trust based society, people simply trust one another to do the right thing and often times they do. - Strong family values. - Best freedom of expression in the world (No other country can create shows like Rising of the Shield Hero, Ishuzoku Reviewers, or Kiss X Sis without it getting shutdown by moral guardians and/or ideological purists) - Cutest, most feminine girls on Earth. - Cheap, legal, and widespread prostitution. - The almost complete absence of "woke culture." Many people in Japan don't even know what feminism is. - Lowest number of homeless people per capita in the world. - Cleanest cities on Earth, practically no graffiti or trash anywhere. - Highest life expectancy in the world. - Practically no political divisiveness/hatred. They are very unified. - Group dating parties to help shy people find dates. - And of course... Schoolgirl uniforms. Even their previously awful work culture doesn't count against them anymore. They worked like dogs in the 1980s but there's been a major push for labor reform there and their average working hours in 2018 dropped below Canada's.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    CJKent is nothing but a shit stir-er. Posting stupid rando quotes to create a backlash reaction.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "I think Japan is the best country in the world for all the following reasons..." The grass is always greener.... ! A few years ago I was in a now closed dive club. There was this young Asian guy mainly hanging out by the stage wearing an ear to ear grin while he tipped the dancers. I stepped outside to get something from my car and the Asian guy was standing outside smoking when I was returning to the club. He struck up a conversation with me so I stopped to spek with him for a couple minutes. I asked him where he was from, he said Japan. I was curious about what he thought of America so I asked him. He said he loved it. I asked him how he thought it compared to Japan, he preferred America, had a job he enjoyed and was going to stay. Now we were outside a dive bar with both some unsavory dancers and customers in a not so great area of Cleveland and this young, polite, clean cut Japanese guy preferred being here among strangers to his former home in Japan.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ===> "America Is The Best Country" Yup. Greatest economy, most powerful military, a well protected Constitution that safeguards our freedoms, the ability to move freely among our various states to find the place that works best for you, food so cheap and abundant that all can eat well and our poor people are fat, etc., etc. What an incredible place this country is. No wonder everyone is trying to get in here.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    Quotations are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader. Pragmatically speaking, quotations can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society “Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to be found in the grammar of the language.” ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein ~ Austrian-British philosopher ~ Born: April 26, 1889, Vienna, Austria ~ Died: April 29, 1951, Cambridge, United Kingdom Ludwig said it all.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    "fuck off, cjkent" Founder - daily
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Today is the day to reflect and appreciate the sacrifices made to allow us to live in a free society. We should never take those freedoms or those sacrifices for granted. I do feel, however, as if I enjoy less freedoms today than I did 30 years ago. This thread reminded me of a scene from an old HBO show re: America's greatness. [view link]
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    No doubt there are many pro and con examples from immigrants but here's another pro that I recall. I was considering buying a Toyota Land Cruiser that a used car lot in Cleveland was selling so I drove there to check it out. The lot was owned by a early-mid 30s Arab guy and when I went to test drive the SUV the owner's younger brother came along. While I was driving around I asked him where they were from and he said Dubai. I was honestly surprised, thinking that Dubai is probably a pretty cool place to live even though I have no first hand knowledge of it so I asked him what he thought of America and his answer basically the same as the Japanese guy, he'd rather live here than there. So take my last 2 posts however you want, I spoke with actual young immigrants not resident spoiled brat anarchists like CJ dick pic collector and nemeshit that think our system is fucked up. BTW, I didn't buy the Toyota. :D
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    I'm not saying every person is going to prefer the culture of Japan over America. There's always going to be a large number of people who don't fit in to or are otherwise dissatisfied with their country. Especially given that individuals grow up to value different things more. There could be one specific thing about Japan that he simply couldn't stand and had to get away from. I've heard of people (mostly guys) leaving the US especially in recent years specifically because they just said the dating scene is so toxic here they couldn't stand it anymore. And that's a big issue, I mean its enough for a decent number of guys to prefer impoverished third world countries over the US. Japan's biggest social issue is probably the shame culture, people in Japan, compared to the US are really worried about being embarrassed. The kid you talked to probably was glad to come to the US and probably felt like he didn't have to worry as much about that. So the easiest way to measure quality is to simply look at things we can actually measure and determine. And by measured data, Japan looks far ahead of us.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Measured data, basically statistics. An apples and oranges comparison from me, but in football there are sometimes teams that move up and down the field loading the stat sheet and they come up short in the final score which led to the saying, statistics are for losers. There are things in the life experience that can't be measured.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    I think CC prefers Japan because “herbivore men” are so widespread that he wouldn’t have to deal with feelings of inadequacy in a society like that. Reference of herbivores: [view link] That being said, in light of Japan’s MO, I do find it interesting that CC simultaneously wants to kick women out of the workforce and have men be sole providers. Seems it’s not working well for Japanese guys for whatever reason and they are rebelling against being providers. (Also from herbivore entry) “The decision that many herbivore men make to stop working, because work and marriage in Japan are so inter-related, may have made it more difficult for these Japanese men to find marriage. Many women refuse men who do not have steady jobs (such as freeters and NEETs).[18] Other women feel that self-proclaimed sōshoku-kei danshi (herbivore men) are weak and not masculine, while some men apparently are not attracted to "independent" women” I suspect that if CC was born as a Japanese in a similar upper middle class lifestyle as the US, I doubt he would be any happier. 😝
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    I am sooo sorry founder! I dumped a load in cjkents head and all that shit truck juice is spewing all over the board by him... "Lord I apologize for that! Please be with the pygmys down thwre in New Guinea! Amen!" Larry the Cable Guy
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    @CC99 “I think Japan is the best country in the world…” I know you’re a pimply-faced kid trying to be a grown up but your intellect is undeveloped, immature and every time you open your mouth it is an embarrassment though you don’t yet realize it. It’s kind of like when the twelve year old that wakes up with his first erection- you don’t know what to do with it but you want to show it off and know it feels good when you play with it. Some day if you’re lucky you will know when, where and how to use both your dick and intellect properly but today ain’t that day. Japan is the most racist country/society in the world bar none. And those they treat the worst are mixed race Japanese and those Japanese that dare to date/marry outside of their race. They punish them by totally ostracizing them. I took this picture of a poster the police put up blaming “non-Japanese” people about two years ago in Shinjuku: [view link] They are also the most cruel society when it comes to the psychological mistreatment of women that I’ve ever encountered. They don’t beat them but they treat them as sub-humans none the less. A woman’s life is almost certain to be a tortuously lonely marriage with children confined to the home while the husband is out getting drunk or else a miserable and lonely life being an office girl which may be an even worse fate. And of course the culture demands conformity as nowhere else. While you seem to think that the younger generation is rebelling against this, you will one day learn that you are full of shit. You can start educating yourself by some day visiting Aokigahara otherwise known as "the Suicide Forest", one of the world's most-used suicide sites and suicide is still an epidemic among the youth in what you believe is “the best country in the world”: [view link] You know as many times as I’ve been in Japan I’ve never seen you there. Just a suggestion but maybe you should limit your comments to things that you actually know something about. Because if you don’t then you will have idiots like @CJKent quoting the stupid things you say such as: ” The political divisions in the US are almost as bad an Arab country” And let’s be honest here, you know even less about Arab countries than you do about Japan.
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    @nicespice “I think CC prefers Japan because “herbivore men” are so widespread…” I think you’re onto something. He probably lives off of “Impossible Burgers” from Burger King. They have 18 MILLION times the amount of estrogen than a burger made with beef. Just sayin’
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    Alright if personal examples are fine then. I was walking around my campus once, and an Asian girl approached me, asking for directions. I gave them, then she started talking to me and eventually asked for my phone number. I could tell she was foreign because of her accent but she later told me she was from Tokyo Japan. When I was talking to her it was like I couldn't do anything wrong in her eyes, if I said I stayed up late, it meant I was a hard worker. I told her I wasn't staying up late because I was working but because I couldn't stop playing games on the internet and then she said I was humble. She even setup a date with me. So basically I got approached in broad daylight, and picked up. I've never had that happen before in my life. I've been approached by drunk girls at nightclubs but never when I was just walking around. And I've never had a girl put in so much effort to get to know me and make me feel good about myself. Unfortunately I was a dumb freshman and ended up fucking it up but at least in her case, I can say with absolute certainty that I was the one that fucked that one up. She was a total sweetheart but I was thinking with my dick and not even in a smart way. Obviously Japan, China, and South Korea are very different countries but of the three girls I've encountered from those countries. All three of them were incredibly friendly towards me. And three consistent examples is enough to show a pattern that girls from that part of the world on average are more friendly. Its not like girls like them don't exist in the US, and its not like unfriendly girls don't exist in the East Asian countries. But there is a noticeable pattern of girls simply seeming to like you more when you talk to them. They smile at you more, they ask you more questions, they try to make conversation with you. Most American girls seem to think its all the man's job to make them feel a certain way. But with these girls I got more of a feeling they really wanted to like somebody and were open in a mental way towards it. The overall vibe just feels so much nicer because you don't have to bend over backwards just to stand out from the 1,000 guys hitting her up on Tinder.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    It’s true though. So many hate on this country that does so much for them while those very same people contribute absolutely fucking nothing to it.
  • crazyjoe
    4 years ago
    @ babydoc, i think that is called check mate
  • crazyjoe
    4 years ago
    Down goes CC99
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    @BabyDoc Yes because the clubs they are talking about are run by Nigerian mafia dudes. So by definition, it was non-Japanese people who are doing that. They've been closed off for a long time, so a lot of people are not used to foreigners. And I don't particularly blame them for showing a higher level of suspicion to foreigners because foreigners are more difficult to understand from their perspective and there's a strong perception, which isn't exactly inaccurate, that foreigners are more dangerous than native Japanese are. If anything, I've heard a lot of men there are somewhat subservient to their wives wishes. A lot of wives control all their finances and give them allowances for what they're allowed to spend their own money on. There's a lot of people putting women on pedestals in various ways in Japan. You could argue there are different problems with that, but its certainly not in the realm of "psychological cruelty." Perhaps you are simply hostile towards female domesticity. Our suicide rates are pretty much the same. [view link] Clearly the culture of the country doesn't mix well with you. I see blogs with commenters like you all the time and I always think to myself that you should've just stayed away rather than becoming a bitter gaijin.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Anyone can act nice. For asians its a lot about saving face. Did their niceness get you laid? N
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    CC While I Iove the Japenese culture and ethic they are living a societal financial fallacy that will end in great pain. Of course catastrophe has been a staple of Japanese history and they always survive.
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    @UprightCitizen Yeah I don't disagree with you on that. Financially they're in a bit of a tough spot right now. I think that's why Abe was likely very disappointed with the Olympics having to be cancelled. But I do think their advancing robot technology could help the labor shortage. @IceyLoco Everyone fakes a certain level of niceness but the thing is, if you fake it a lot and get used to faking it, it does become fairly genuine. There's an added layer of consideration that a lot of people here just don't think about. A couple friends of mine who've gone talk about this. Like how used goods are always in perfect condition, people still buy DVDs a lot there because internet piracy never took off making innovating in that sector essentially unnecessary. There's other stuff they told me but I can't remember they all. One of my friends is in frequent contact with people he's met during his yearly trips to Japan and he said he does believe there's a lot of genuine niceness and acceptance. Almost, but I have a talent for making stupid decisions with girls 😂.
  • Cowboy12
    4 years ago
    The USA was created based on great values and ideals...individualism, liberty, freedom. However, the politicians have been tearing down those values for many years. USA is still great, but not as great as it once was.
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    Would be even better if my brothers stopped getting killed by police. Til that changes America is shit
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Brehnamedwavey, a lot of people who don't comply with cops end up dead. I raised my kids to comply with police orders in situations like that. That said, I absolutely think that some cops are bad and way too eager to pull the trigger. That is not the country's fault. That is all on the local jurisdictions. If the armed forces started murdering black men in the street with impunity, then we'd have a federal problem. Racism is a moral issue, and as we all know, it's impossible to govern morals.
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Founder (fuck yeah)
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    My country does a lot of things really well. There are certain things it could do better. It’s the best country I’ve lived in but it’s the only country I’ve lived in. I haven’t seen enough in other countries to entice me into leaving and I’m not planning on it.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    On the George Floyd killing, I’ll wait for the investigation and the body cam footage to show what happened before the cell phone video, but based on what’s out there, that looks like murder. Hypothetically if Floyd raped and murdered a child and was 6’5” and a MMA fighter, if he’s on the ground, in handcuffs and not struggling, the police shouldn’t kill him. This guy was drunk and tried to pass a counterfeit bill or forged check and had given up. You don’t get to kill someone for that. It also looks bad with the police officer taunting him “get in the car” while refusing to let him up. That video is 10 fucking minutes long. I’ll wait for the rest of the facts, but this looks fucking horrible.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    No matter what George Floyd did, it did not merit an extrajudicial killing by the 🐖 CC99 the grass isn't greener on the other side. If you go to Japan you'll bring the same hangups witj you ....
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    In Japan I'd have $100 hookers that are hot and easy to find, group dating parties with the explicit purpose of getting people dates, and a larger number of marriage minded women who haven't been taught to view men as responsible for oppressing them. Not to mention how the women there are noticeably more proactive in pursuing romance. Whether I would experience these benefits being a non-Japanese person is an entirely different question. But if our society was similar to Japan's, I doubt I'd have had much issues. With group dating parties, the whole "approaching people" thing is already done for you. You're in a formalized meeting for the express purpose of finding a romantic partner, no pretenses to the situation at all. There's an even number of guys and girls and the crowd is kept relatively small (like 5 guys, 5 girls or 10 guys, 10 girls) so there's a high chance in a situation like that that somebody at least will pick you. We don't have anything like that over here. In the US, guys are expected to either compete with literally thousands of other guys through dating apps or approach a girl in public and seduce her. Both of which you soon realize if you're not an 8+ guy are incredibly ineffective.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    @CC99 "In the US, guys are expected to either compete with literally thousands of other guys through dating apps or approach a girl in public and seduce her. Both of which you soon realize if you're not an 8+ guy are incredibly ineffective" Plenty of non "8+" guys find girls (non Mongering) it just requires work, patience, and persistance.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    ^sure but in this day and age shes likely either overweight, a single mom or post-wall, or a combination of those.
  • CC99
    4 years ago
    @Cristobal To a certain extent, that is true. I know a lot of guys who are in a similar situation to me and I have actually been a bit more successful than they have because I have been a lot more determined to change the situation than they were. A lot of people have said I haven't tried but I actually have been to a lot of parties and clubs. Even when my depression was at its worst I still tried every now and then thinking "maybe this is the night it all changes." It doesn't work 95% of the time but if you go enough times you do encounter those 5% nights. I was also willing to put a lot of effort into my summer jobs to pay for strippers and hookers. When I talk to a lot of other guys in my situation, I bring up how helpful going to prostitutes can be, and I try to tell them that they should go to bars or clubs some. You don't have to go every week or even every other week but you do have to do something. And I admittedly find that a lot of other guys in my situation simply won't do it. But as far as the hookers go. I think that's because we've made seduction too important to men's egos. A lot of men aren't even approaching sex from a perspective of pleasure or of desire seemingly but rather from a perspective of self-esteem and self-worth. This is probably the mentality that is really holding a lot of people back is the idea that "if I don't seduce a girl myself, then it wasn't worth it." People should be approaching it more from a personal happiness standpoint because romantic relationships and sex with girls do make you happier. But instead a lot of people just seem to want the reputation boost that seducing a girl gets them. As far as the clubs and bars go though, its because a lot of people go a few times and find that it doesn't work well so they give up. Should they be a bit more persistent, yes, but it still ignores the fact that even if you are a persistent person you run into a tremendous amount of difficulty. A lot of guys in my situation will look at me telling them to go to clubs more often and think "well you've gone to clubs a lot and I don't see you with a girlfriend." And in that sense, they are right for seeing my persistence and saying "well that didn't really work for you." It works some, but they may think the time commitment is too much to be worth it. The truth is that the dating scene today is not what it was 10-15 years ago. In the pre-2014 era, if you had enough persistence and dedication you could do it. Now its not that simple anymore because dating apps has given all girls access to 8+ guys who give them a little bit of validation through sex without actually tying themselves down to any girls. That's why rates of sexless men have risen from 8% in 2008 to 28% in 2018.
  • georgebailey
    4 years ago
    This is the absolute best country but it could always be better. I do business all over the world and a lot of people like to make comparisons but they all want to live here.
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    @founder that’s not true, a lot of men comply and still end up dead. Remember the guy from Minnesota some years back, Philando Castile? He was pulling out his Id after telling the cop he was doing so and was murdered. Or what about Sean bell who was shot 50 times on his wedding day. Me. Floyd from yesterday had 3 cops on him and was not even moving, why was the dickhead still on his neck? Cops are useless, they don’t even protect. They are just some losers that were bullied in high school and want some power and control. I also blame the people recording for just letting him die, don’t march after he’s dead, fight while he was still alive! Racism will never change in this country, and it’s sad. It will go ok I’m every country. But on the brighter side, America is an ok country. I lived in Miami, nyc, and Atlanta and I miss living in New York it was an amazing 6 years!
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Founder - I fully agree. The fact that you can post a discussion like this - and invite others to openly debate it - shows how great this country is! There is no better place on this earth than this great country!
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    @Brehnamedwavey - As with any profession (teachers, boy scout leaders, clergy, soldiers, doctors... just to name a few) there are always going to be a few bad apples. The George Floyd situation you mentioned is a perfect example. Even Sean Hannity spent his entire show tonight showing that video and condemning the actions by that cop. But to say in a general sense that "Cops are useless, they don’t even protect. They are just some losers that were bullied in high school and want some power and control," is a very naive and shortsighted statement. It's unfair to the vast majority of police officers who do their jobs honorably every day, and are thankful at the end of the day that they returned home safely. We should prosecute and punish the bad apples but be grateful for the rest that uphold the law. The absence of law and order leaves only anarchy. Would you prefer to live in a place with no enforceable laws and it's every man for himself?
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    CCs ideal country would be called Pillowcum
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Cc99 tjats wishful thinking. What if scenarios aren't real
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    The USA for me is no doubt the best country on earth but it is not perfect and certainly there are countries with certain greater feautures than the USA but overall the USA is heads and shoulders above the rest.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    The problem with the USA are the prudes.
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    @founder. All I have to say about this is ... HELL YES!
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Cristobal you said some countries are bwtter but that the us is still the best 🤣
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    I think america is too great for its own good. Millennials and gen z(?) are the most spoiled people ever in the history of mankind. Their sense of entitlement and narcissism today really shows it.
  • GivenToFly
    4 years ago
    Well I guess I’m not super patriotic. I don’t think there’s a definitive “best country on earth”. It’s obviously subjective and based on one’s bias. There’s national pride from citizens of many countries who would make that claim. I’ve never lived in another country. I like America just fine and am very comfortable here but It wouldn’t offend me personally if someone has a different opinion about America.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Qustion #1. what do CJKent and a turd have in common? question #2. what do they not have in common?
  • CrimsonCaravan
    4 years ago
    Every country has its fair share of issues; the USA is not exempt from that. Despite having issues, we are still the land of opportunity, diversity and freedom! I don't care what anyone says, I love this country to death and I wouldn't ever live anywhere else. God bless the USA!
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    I'm actually not at all proud to be an American and I'm leaving this shithole country as soon as international travel becomes safe again. Was planning on moving in August/Nov, but that ain't gonna happen because COVID19 happened. As a woman of color, I have a different relationship with this country than you and I don't like it. I guess I'm not a friend of tuscl.
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    August/Sept. Either way, leaving as soon as possible.
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    ^And yes I realize my move will be much delayed from my original pre-covid time frame but I'm leaving asap as I said.
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    Hey founder, You’re green again! Things are looking up.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    @ Nina Where are you going?
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    I don't want to get too deep into where I'm going because I know I'm already gonna get shit for saying I don't like America here, but it is a beautiful place in Europe.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Anyone that doesn't wish to be here,, LEAVE, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out! It's as simple as that!
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    I agree, that is why I'm out as soon as it's safe - pandemic wise - to do so. :)
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    —>“saying I don't like America here, but it is a beautiful place in Europe” Well that doesn’t narrow it down much. 😝 One day I’d LOVE to do an extended backpacking trip all over. But alas being a dog owner complicated that.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I admire your dedication Nina. Good luck wherever you land.
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    Thank you.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Best wishes and be safe!
  • jester214
    4 years ago
    Are you moving to Europe before or after you get that law degree?
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    I'm transferring and getting a student Visa, that's how I plan to reside there.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Just like everyone in Hollywood ran to Canada after Trump won and before that after Bush won.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    For God, country, motherhood and apple pie. What a wonderful country we live in.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    America began to lose it after Reagan allowed amnesty for illegals and the democrats opened the floodgates.
  • jester214
    4 years ago
    Transferring to a foreign law school? I don't know where you come up with this shit but it's great for a laugh.
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    I don't think you know what exactly I am doing, but I won't be discussing it with you of all people.
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    ^True
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    Also, to add to jester214 - it is interesting that whenever I become active on here, you come out of the woodworks to not only berate me, but comment on my personal life and ask about it. That is so weird. I also believe I made a post here like a year ago saying I realized being a paralegal made me hate the idea of being a lawyer, so I switch career paths into something that I feel will be more advantageous and lucrative for me in the future. At this point, you remind me of a Biggie lyric: "gee whiz, mothafuckas STILL in my biz." It's old, I've had enough. You creep me out and I'm starting to feel like you're some sort of disgruntled former customer I refused sex to who now wants to know all my business for some reason beyond my knowledge.
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    So this Nina is leaving this country bc a police officer is getting charged for murder after disgustingly killing a man. Wow... NAAAASTY
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    lol
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    "So this Nina is leaving this country bc a police officer is getting charged for murder after disgustingly killing a man. Wow..." No, wrong Nina. You're talking about someone else. THIS Nina, called Ninabambina, has been planning on moving to Europe for almost a year now. COVID19 stalled this Nina's move. This Nina was going to move August or Septmber. And since this has been being planned by her pre-covid19, it could not logically be interpreted as being because of George Floyd's death unless this Nina is clairvoyant. I'm sure this "other Nina" is cool though and I respect her decision to leave, as well as mine. NIIIIINAAAA
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    Yes. I was talking directly to you, you Ninacompoop. But whether it's you or any "other Ninas" I too respect your decision to leave. You're one of the few doing something about your displeasure. Nothing I respect less than protests and anger as a pretense to wanting change but doing absolutely nothing to achieve it. Wish you nothing but the best. Good luck. NAAAASTY
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    P.S. Don't try to sign off like me. Not a cute look ;) NAAAASTY
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    Ok Mimsy, you're clearly here to troll. You have a problem with me why? Nina ain't no mimsy ass ho, she's a Classi bitch. NIIIIIINA
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    Oh and if you were talking directly to me, you what have addressed me, instead of saying "this Nina" as if you don't know me already, Mimsy ass hoe.
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    Do you ever smile?? I shouldn't have upset you. Have a good night. NAAAASTY
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    Do you?
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    Of course. Life's too short to spend on misery. NAAAASTY
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    Cool.
  • jester214
    4 years ago
    This Nina has been spouting bullshit on this site for years. Much like I did with another troll called Dougster I'll point that nonsense out every time I see it. That jackass used the same "oh you're obsessed" line of shit as you when called out. ' Much like law school I'm sure you'll be telling us in five years that your 3 day trip to Cancun convinced you that you didn't really want to live abroad.
  • NinaBambina
    4 years ago
    I don't think I have a desire to go to Cancun, ever. I have been to better places lol I make you angry by existing. That's good to know. If you're planning on stalking me in real life, just know I carry. Various weapons, too, and of course legally. Weirdo.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion