tuscl

Dancer:Customer Ratios

Subraman
Car key and wallet dating your sister
Saturday, September 10, 2016 9:22 AM
I was reading another thread where a poster postulated "let's say the dancer - customer ratio is 1:3..." It occurred to me right there that we have drastically different expectations -- that poster's hypothetical ratio was OUTRAGEOUS to me, as a slow dayshift guy, that there would be 3 customers to every dancer. How about you? I would say that during the typical slow dayshifts I target: Most of the day, dancer-customer ratios are 1:1. Since not all customers are buying, that leaves lots of free dancers During the slowest times of those days, dancer-customer ratios can easily go to 3:1. I've been there where it's 10:1 -- 10 dancers, me as sole customer. Love it. During peak times, like during lunchtime, the ratio could go 1:2 ... again, since not all customers are buying, that typically leaves a few free dancers Unless I have made an appointment with an ATF who will stick by me the entire shift, I try to avoid shifts where the ratio is worse than 1:1 Note, last time I was at a strip club at 2am, it easily had to be 1:5 in the dancers' favor. FUCK THAT

57 comments

• sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    As a dayshift guy too I'm used to a 1:1 ratio or better and the idea of a 1:5 (or even 1:3) ratio is unacceptable. We get spoiled with the slow daytime flow when the customer base is small and the ratio is much more in our favor. The only problem is sometimes the girls tend to not circulate as much since the customer base is small.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Strip clubs often let lots of dancers work if lots of customers are expected later on. Early in the day after dancers arrive but customers haven't in droves yet, you can easily be outnumbered by dancers. Fun times. Except if you are at a wanna dance club and just wanted to watch for an hour or two. If in that situation, best to let dancers sit and talk if you don't want to be asked for dances over a hundred times an hour.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    1:1 or 2:1 or 3:1 ratios are good for customers. If it gets much higher (like 10:1), most dancers won't be making money and will quit or go to another club.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Anything more than a 1:3 ratio and im out. That's a sausage fest as is. Nowadays I only go on weeknights and not too late. Usually it's a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio and there's sure to be some of the "A" team on shift.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    -->"1:1 or 2:1 or 3:1 ratios are good for customers. If it gets much higher (like 10:1), most dancers won't be making money and will quit or go to another club." I'm experiencing that right now. It's been a slower-than-usual summer, and quality at my favorite clubs has fallen drastically as a result, as the girls abandon dayshift for nightshift. It's a real downside when the ratio favors the customers too too much
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    "Note, last time I was at a strip club at 2am, it easily had to be 1:5 in the dancers' favor. FUCK THAT" Agreed.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I'd say 1:1 is ideal for the customer. If it gets above 2:1 dancers to customers, dancers start leaving early, give up, etc. As customers we want the dancers hungry but not frustrated. I do like the first hour the club opens in part because it's always slow but the dancers are still fresh. CF has even told me she gives better dances early in her shift than late.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I think it depends on the mileage. At our local no touching clubs I don't think it every gets better than about 1:3. But if a place has booths and backroom, and if they do more, then more dancers are tied up for longer, and guys are spending more money. So the ratio could be closer to 1:1. SJG
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    90% of the time I am in a club at night and most likely on a Friday or Saturday night. I have found that the closest you're going to get to a 1:1 is before 10pm. From 10pm to midnight is a grey area, never know what you're going to get. But I can assure you by midnight the odds will certainly not be in your favor. 1:5 maybe as high as 1:10 against you. A lot of your guys complaining you'll leave are the same ones that have gone to strip clubs for 8 years and have only had 3 strippers kiss you. If you have a little patience and know how to talk to women, saying the right things can get a girl at your table even if the ratio is 1:20 against you. You will need to spend some money but you don't have to spend anything insane.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    ^Fuck that shit. 1:5 is a complete sausage fest and I'm not in the habit of competing to give strippers my money. For that I'll go to a regular bar or hell even a nightclub. For a lot cheaper.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    "A lot of your guys complaining you'll leave are the same ones that have gone to strip clubs for 8 years and have only had 3 strippers kiss you." I agree with Shailynn SJG
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    I think everyone pretty much knows we can only go on weekend nights. We've been to several SC's where the ratio was 2:1, 3:1 or 5:1 and quite honestly it's boring as hell. The strippers are bored and just sitting around ignoring everyone. Strippers won't approach us anyway so when there's a dozen or so strippers and 4 or 5 customers including the 2 of us we see a couple sitting with individual customers and the rest just sitting around. They'll either look at us with confusion or NEVER look at us even if they walk right by us. We will always get the 1 or 2 who do the obligatory "wanna dance" and then quickly walk away. At our fave SC though it's hardly ever above a 1:3 or 1:4 ratio. When it gets hopping at midnight on a Saturday night there's still anywhere between 20-25 strippers and anywhere from 30-100 customers. Given that at least 10% of the customers are usually women and a good 25% of the people there are just nursing a beer not spending we still feel we have good odds. Plus, you've got the "visitors" who come in for 30 minutes to an hour and have a beer just to say they went to a SC and then leave. We actually like it when it's crowded because the strippers are making money and having fun which makes them circulate more and do better stage shows.
  • Ch3ll
    8 years ago
    I mentioned ratio in the thread by larryfisherman to put into perspective a dancer and her whale. I myself don't care too much for ratio. Yeah I wouldn't want to be in a club where it's something above 1:5, dancer: customer. All I care when I'm there that I spot one or two I like and get dances with them. Once that happens I take into account her other possibilities and just keep her as long as I can with convo and money. Unless there is a club out there that updates their available dancers like Amazon products or something us PLs will never truly know due to the closed off dressing room, ladies bathroom, and VIPs and such.
  • gawker
    8 years ago
    A dancer recently told me that at my favorite club the afternoon shifts have a high percentage of dancers who provide extras to regular customers. I'd really never thought about it, but on examination, I realized that there were only four dancers on the floor, but another four in champagne rooms. She texted me last night that she had been with a stranger in the CR yesterday when the guy's wife charged in brandishing a large pocketbook, swearing that she was going to kill the both of them. She was wearing only a pair of heels and the wife lunged at her but the guy, to his credit, jumped between them. I forgot to ask if she got her money up front.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Did someone fart?
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ that sure as hell will change the ratio on either side!
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    Dancer/Customer ratios are something that I've given no thought to for factoring in my club enjoyment. My gripe about late night peak shifts isn't the 1:5 ratio, it's that with 30 to 50 dancers, 150 or more customers crammed into the club can be too damn crowded to be enjoyable.Period, dot. Really, a higher percentage of daytime customers are there to buy, vs so many night customers that are just there to look and don't buy dances. Afaic, my real odds of getting one or more desired dancers are about the same on most any given shift. Then, too, dancers feed off the crowd levels. More crowd, more circulating dancers. Less crowd, dancers spending more time in dressing room buried in their I-phones, or out on the smoking patio taking a long drag.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    What minnow writes makes a lot of sense, in my observations.
  • ppwh
    8 years ago
    I haven't noticed ratio having much impact on my experience unless it gets to something like 50 customers per dancer. The more important factor for me is whether there is a dancer I find attractive in the building and how willing she is to interact with me. There could be 4 dancers per customer, but if the one I want dances from is busy, I'm not going to have a good time. When a small club where I was a regular was packed because of a feature entertainer and had 20:1 customer to dancer ratio when it was usually more like 5:1, I still had a good time. Maybe even more so. I slipped into the LD room with my then-CF while the crowd was being pressured by the DJ to overtip the feature.
  • HungryGiraffe
    8 years ago
    I had two experiences where I was the only guy in the club buying dances. At one UHM bikini club I enjoyed FS with 4 of 5 dancers. A fun time!
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    I mostly think dancer:customer ratio is a nonfactor. At my most visited club, I've been there when it's busy and when it isn't, and the girls tend to act the same either way. The ones who like to hide, will hide, and the ones who try to sell dances will try to sell dances. The number of customers doesn't seem to have any bearing on anything. In fact, my second most visited club is largely the same way, although being they can't hide in the dressing room for too long, it tends to break down into a process where if a new customer comes in, a girl will inevitably ask about dances fairly quickly after that. As for my former favorite club, that is the one place where dancer:customer ratio is a factor in my experience. When you are the only customer there, someone is hounding you the moment you sit down, and once you send them away, someone else is on you. There is too much pressure to buy from someone, and inevitably, it ends up the wrong dancer. That's one place I prefer a low dancer;customer ratio, because I can relax then.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Maybe I dislike a lopsided ratio because I'm not on the list of priorities when it's too many guys. I personally find it much easier to get my first option, and pretty much any after that, when it's closer to a 1:1 ratio. Unless they're being hogged by a whale which is rarely the case. I just don't get it.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    To me, the difference between bad-ratio days and good-ratio days is so stark that I can't believe anyone thinks it's a non-factor! The entire club and the attitude and hustle-type of the girls changes palpably and obviously, once the ratio moves to sausagefest ratios. But a lot of you feel it's a non-factor, which means there's something else afoot. Theory: I tend to grab one of the hottest chicks in the club, and have her hang out with me exclusively for the next 4 hours, all for about the cost of 2 VIPS ($200) plus food and drinks. There's just very little chance of pulling that off in the sausage-fest ratio ranges, at least in my experience -- no girl in a busy club wants to sit around for 4 hours for $200, much less the hottest chicks and big earners. So my theory is, you Ratio Immune guys are SCing in some other way -- either spending so much $ that the ratio doesn't matter, or just grabbing girls for a short chat and extras so that your experience doesn't change when it's busy, or something else. Ratio Immune guys above, do you agree?
  • minnow
    8 years ago
    @HG- Please do tell the club where it happened. Maybe you already have, we'll just have to scroll through a slew of your reviews during the last quarter of a blowout football game. @S-man- Where did I say I'm a ratio immune guy ? I used the qualifier "most any given shift". I try to avoid the really peak nights because I dislike crowds, period. Can you really have fun if you have to elbow your way through a 2 deep plus SRO crowd to tip desired dancers. I've managed to snag my top choice on such nights, but it overall hasn't been as enjoyable as less crowded nights with more breathing space. I don't completely agree with your theory. Yes we all have different clubbing styles. Just because someone doesn't go to a club to lock down a dancer for 4 hours doesn't make them a wham bam extras seeker, or a wastrel. Some people don't need 4 hours to get a desired level of satisfaction. You're making my point with your style. Picture this: Afternoon shift, 6 dancers, 3 customers. 2:1 D/C ratio, good odds , right ? Well, suppose 3 dancers aren't my type, and my most desired dancer is locked down. My desired second choice disappears to dressing room, and remaining choice is giving multiple LD's to other customer. Recipe for fun? I like my odds better on off peak night with maybe 15 dancers and 30 customers. There's a good chance that 15 of those guys are duds, and there are more hot dancers going around. So the real ratio may be 1:1. Not too bad.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    "Afternoon shift, 6 dancers, 3 customers. 2:1 D/C ratio, good odds , right ? Well, suppose 3 dancers aren't my type, and my most desired dancer is locked down. My desired second choice disappears to dressing room, and remaining choice is giving multiple LD's to other customer." Sounds like just bad luck. With those odds you should likely find one out of the three attractive.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    "There's a good chance that 15 of those guys are duds, and there are more hot dancers going around. So the real ratio may be 1:1. Not too bad." 15 of them may be duds but how long does it take for an individual dancer to find out which are duds and which are spending money? I'd rather not wait for the dancer(s) I'm interested in wasting time on the duds before they get to me.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    -->"@S-man- Where did I say I'm a ratio immune guy ?" Minnow, I wasn't speaking to you personally, but to everyone who said they didn't care about the ratios, or that it didn't impact them. -->"I don't completely agree with your theory. Yes we all have different clubbing styles. Just because someone doesn't go to a club to lock down a dancer for 4 hours doesn't make them a wham bam extras seeker, or a wastrel. " I agree, of course it doesn't. To re-state: I was guessing that guys who don't care about ratios do NOT try to lock down a dancer for 4 hours on the cheap, and asking what they actually do. "wham bam extras seeker" is just an example... I could see that type not caring about extras. Same with variety guys who like to go through lots of different girls in a night. I'm just curious as to whether the guys who don't care about ratios, have SC styles in common, that are different from the styles of guys who do care.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    -->" If I walk in and I’m the only guy in there as a dozen or more desperate to make the rent dancers eye me like I’m their last chance, it makes me somewhat uncomfortable." That's where you and I part ways a bit. I'm incredibly comfortable being the only guy there, in fact I love it, but now that I think about it, only in my "home" clubs where I'm comfortable. I can definitely see being uncomfortable in a strange club where you don't know the girls, etc.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    My take on all of this is very simple. I have very rarely been unable to get the attention of a dancer or dancers that I have had my eye on doesn't seem to make a difference what the ratio of girls to guys is. I usually get approached but when it suits me I will take matters into my own hands and quickly speak to a girl who is sitting with someone else, often I will wait till its her turn in the rotation and either tip her on stage maybe a $5 or $10 depending on the club or wait till she goes back to sit down and walk by her with a tip in my hand and as I hand it to her mention that I would like her company, I have almost never been refused but there have been instances when the guy she dumped has either given me a stink eye or passed a remark of some sort. I personally don't care as I hit the strip club for my enjoyment I really don't care about the other PLs and my own feeling is if he was worth it she wouldn't have dumped him and come to sit with me. My feeling is in a strip club or a regular club being passive gets you nothing, in other words NO is only the answer to the question that is unasked.
  • ppwh
    8 years ago
    @Subraman, Often when I go to a club with a ratio that you would find unfavorable, I am the only guy or one of just a few stage tipping and sometimes the same applies for lap dances. In other words, what matters is not so much the ratio of customers to dancers but the ratio of spending customers to dancers who interest me. In that kind of environment, it can still be possible to hang out with a dancer for quite a while. Visiting a fast club with the only two way dance option being to spend over $100, the dancers I was into would often have a series of guys they would take right back for 15 minutes each. Even though the fast club had a better overall ratio, I found it less desirable. After the dance time was up, there was usually no cooldown at the table at all, just onto the next. The experience echoes one of the themes SJG has written about re: San Francisco vs San Jose clubs. Your favored visit structure with multiple dancers sitting at the table for a while sounds different than mine, though, and probably is inherently more sensitive to ratio. I have found it enjoyable to hang out with a dancer and one of her dancer friends, but there is never any doubt which one interests me. Even then, it is more of a being introduced to her friends type thing than something I would care to do every visit.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    If I walk into a strip club and see a sausage fest with a very few strippers wandering around, I leave. It is not that I doubt my chances - as an older guy who shows up in "nice" clothes and looks like I might have money, the strippers will eventually find me. I leave because the few strippers there are usually over stressed by crowds of guys groping, grabbing and pawing, and are less likely to be fresh and upbeat when they get to me. Like others who have posted, I prefer day shift in a club with a discrete VIP, where the club is less than half full and dancers outnumber the customers.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    it's all about the vibe. if it's hoppin it doesn't matter what the ratio is.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Well: 1. My visits are usually scheduled in advance. 2. Friday night is about the only time I can get away from the wife. So I don't really have too many options. If I go out and it looks terrible (too many customers) I can't really bag the trip. I could try to drive another club which may be worse or better but I won't know in advance. Plus I'm burning time and burning money on coverage charges (or valet). So I sort of need to "make it work" or "make the most of a sub-optimal situation" since my next opportunity might not be for another month or two. I can't club during a week day because I need to be at work / can't get time off. Short of taking a vacation day, I don't see how I could make an afternoon shift. And Saturday is either time with the wife or other responsibilities. Sun-Thurs night is out due to responsibilities. Don't you all work? How do you club during the day? Lol. ;)
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I guess the short answer is I don't find it important enough** to rearrange my schedule for it. I have enough fun, and for my needs, that's good enough. My spare time is what it is. But I do see your point on ratios. **Plus it is sort of *pathetic* in its own way to have to re-approach the wife and say, I need to change my clubbing schedule to to accommodate a slow shift where I can get more mileage for the money. Friday's just to me aren't *that bad* or at least not bad enough to warrant that approach. What, take a vacation day? Or switch a weekday work day for a Saturday? Now that's pathetic! haha. ;)
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Once I accepted the fact that strippers are my life and computers are my avocation, all of my time scheduling solutions just fell into place :)
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    In less wise-ass mode: Sometimes I SC on dayshift Saturday or Sunday. Still super slow, no conflict with work. Usually I SC dayshift during the week, and for that I either just take an afternoon off (I have tons of vacation, so up to 3x/month is not an issue), or take off a few hours early from work and make it up the next day (I have a flexible schedule)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Didn't notice at first this was a 4-month-old thread - and somehow I missed putting my 2 PL-cents in. When I was a less experienced SCer I equated a full club as it being better/a-good-thing; for w/e reason - it seems many newbie SCers often see it this way particularly the younger ones that are looking for more of a party atmosphere. As others, these days I prefer a 1:1 ratio for both more/better attention from the dancers and as minnow mentioned the large crowds can be aggrevating since in certain clubs there can always be a % of assholes. These days I visit dayshift mainly for the better dancer attention - not only do the lower # of custies often lead to better attetnion but dayshift dancers are often better at their job and take it more seiously IMO. These days I often avoid nightshift even on slow early-week weeknights b/c in the clubs I go to I normally don't get the same QoS at night as I do on dayshift - on peak nights mainly Fr and Sat I avoid most clubs b/c of the large crowds, and the type of crowd, since I often go to small dives thus more thug element and too close for comfort w/ the large crowd and low square footage of the club. Every now and then I'll go to a large club like Tootsies Miami on a Fr or Sat night if I was just wanna get out of the house and do something but not necessarily hard-up for getting dances - but these days I often abstain on Fr and Sat nights and I'll either go to a large club where I can just blend in the crowd or in in the mood for dances go to a club that is not one of the more popular ones and the crowds are manageable.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I have a ton of vacation; too. I usually forfeit 10-15 days each year because I can't use them (we can only roll over 5 unused days. That's a sad commentary on America. So I have little excuse.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    When I walk into a club it's at whatever time I have time to be there. All it takes is one dancer to make it a good visit, so if there is one dancer on the floor that makes the stay or go decisions easy. If there are 50 dancers it might take a little while longer to decide.
  • _Constantine_
    6 years ago
    How’s the ratio at BTs and FC on weekends?
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    "It's been a slower-than-usual summer, and quality at my favorite clubs has fallen drastically as a result, as the girls abandon dayshift for nightshift".---I've been hearing a lot of the same comment so it's just not local to your area--including from friends I have in Las Vegas that bartend in the clubs. Last time I was in a club there were maybe 20 guys and about 15 dancers on a Wed night around 9 PM. A year ago at the same place it had three times as many guys and twice as many dancers. As for the ratio I'm more in line with Shailynn's thoughts--I can normally get one of the girls I am interested in to come over and sit. Then it's on me to keep her attention.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Greater than 1:1 is always best. And yeah as a dayshift monger I get those ratios a lot. All my faves will spend as much time with me as I want before dances when business is slow. If there are no other potential customers in the club, my ATF DS will sit with me for over an hour and give me a boner the entire time before we get a couple of dances. It's awesome. But if she has other customers wanting dances she will only sit with me and give me a boner for 1-2 songs beforehand. It's still a good time, but it is still better when there are no other customers to compete with. I got no problems being the only customer ITC. A buyer's market.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^That’s why I like those dayshifts, but I do occasionally stay later on a Friday evening and I can’t complain very much because it’s very rare for me not to attract some attention, but I do get the complaints from those guys, that can only get out during those busy times.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    @twentyfive my ATF DS has other regulars that tend to come in to see her more during early evenings and I'm always "that guy" they have to wait for if I get there then too. My ATF DS always lets me have priority as soon as I arrive and for that I don't complain at all if she has limited tease time with me. She has more than made up for those times when I'm there when it is dead. And on the flipside my #3 fave turned me and half a dozen other regulars down the other day, a Friday early evening, because a whale from out of town had just come in and she had obligations to him because he locks her down for several hours and he compensates her well for it every time he comes in. For her I absolutely need to see her when it is slow if ai want any amount of dick teasing time. I'm always the regular of the most sought after strippers because I aim for the all natural 9-10 hottie like most other PLs want, so it is imperative that I go when it is slow.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    LOL
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ do get it, but you need to realize, the clubs here in S Florida are a bit different than the way you describe the clubs in your area. I go in to party and hang out for a bit with very few, but those that I do I have an OTC relationship and I do occasionally get dances, that’s not my usual. Remember one very important thing, it’s easy to be important to one or two girls, the budget I use may be very different from yours, It’s easy to be a whale to one or two girls but you’ll go broke being a club whale, chose the best looking ones that you like and treat them like mini sugar babies, keep in mind my age and means is probably very different from yours. PM me and I’ll give you a few tricks that work for me.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    The best customer to dancer ratio is 1:3.14159
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ^ Understood and I'm not a whale at all. Far from it. My system is loyalty/exclusivity and small sum regularity. Plus I give awesome massages they look forward to every time and I'm low psychological and emotional maintenance. I don't need someone to listen to me or talk to me. I want a simple tease my dick fantasy and that is all. I never spend more than $90 on my faves but yet I normally get over an hour with them. And for being an ITC LDK customer that doesn't want any more, this all works out for me. Only every so often do I have to wait more than 15 minutes for my stripper and often I have zero wait and at least an hour with full attention from her. Got no complaints.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^If you’re happy than you’re doing just fine.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ That's not what SJG says.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ^ it will all be different when his organization gets going and we all become members. Until then it's status quo.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "I never spend more than $90 on my faves" Lol, and you call yourself a G? Seriously, you tap out at $90? Are you kidding me? See, what you simps don't understand is that when I hit the club I'm spending $500 - $1,000+ and locking down the hottest, sexiest girl in the club for the entire night. So if you see your girl sitting with a stylish 64 yo man in a back brace, then you might as well hang it up and head home, son. And for all the cheap ass guys that don't like me hogging the hotties all night, well, IDGAF, if you want what's mine, then up your game motherfuckers.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ^ LOL @two_bits if you are a happy "G" needing to spend that much to be with a hottie then good on you bro. I'll concede and have my measly fun on $90 with one of my backups. I've already taken whales like you into account.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    if the if I have to put numbers to it then a one to one ratio is OK. of course I prefer more dancers than customers. bottom line though... it just depends on the vibe.
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "I'll concede" Yeah, that's what I figured, punk. I've handled G's a lot tougher than you in my time. Even now, at 64 and missing 3 vertebrae, I would probably still kick your ass f2f, so consider yourself getting off easy.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    LMAO you da man, @two_bits
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    Two bits is funny as fuck lol. Missing 3 vertebrae in a back brace. LMAO!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion