tuscl

Reviewing the same club(s) over and over

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
Some people review the same 1-3 clubs every few days or weeks over and over again. Predictably such reviews get very repetitive and often devolve into nothing more than a description of the persons experience with the individual dancers on shift each time.

What's the point? A club is unlikely to change much from one month to the next. Plus this just overstates the importance of that person's opinions in the club's overall rankings (which I suppose might be part of the point).

I don't do reviews much anymore since I feel like I know the clubs in most towns that I visit. And I've already reviewed many of them, doing so again would be repetitive. If there is a big change in a club, or if I go someplace that is totally new to me, I might do a review. But that's about it.

What's the point of this?

35 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Keeping their VIP status!
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    You make a good point. I'd think those posts would be more suitable as discussions - and not reviews. I don't think those are really reviews - as they seem to be an ongoing soap opera?
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    But what's the point of keeping VIP status if you're just going to keep going to the same few clubs? It's not like you'd need to read the other reviews frequently. Just another of life's mysteries I guess.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Shadow has the correct answer.
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    JS69 - I see your point. I don't see the logic either. It's the same club, same dancers, same old story...
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    Clubs change over time. Prices change, dancers change, policies change, everything changes. After about 6 months, a lot of club info is out of date. I've written reviews for a number of clubs more than once. I think often those are better reviews than the clubs I've been to once.

As far as keeping VIP, just because someone only reviews the clubs in one area doesn't mean they don't visit clubs while traveling. I mostly review the clubs near S. FL Airports, but I also visit clubs on the other end of those trips. There's a variety of reasons I don't review them myself, but I read reviews and visit clubs when traveling.

I don't see a single person's reviews impacting the ratings too much, but then I don't see much value in the ratings either.

No one with more than a dozen or so reviews has a 1:1 Club/Review ratio, at least not that I've seen. Other than writing a review of the same club that does nothing other than simply detail the experience on that particular day, exactly every for weeks, I don't have a problem with one person reviewing a club multiple times. In fact, I kinda like having a consistent perspective. When a reviewer who's got several reviews of a club says the mileage has increased I can get a lot more out of that than the dude who is used to the air dances in his home town says mileage was great.
  • maho
    9 years ago
    My reviews have all been of Penthouse Club, but I don't review after visit and usually go at least a few months between review.

Why do I review PHC over and over? I don't know - maybe I think others who like PHC and/or are thinking of trying it out might like my views on the latest? Also, with numerous reports of things changing with some of the Detroit clubs I personally like hearing the latest from others.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Honestly I wish the clubs here had more reviews, even if they were semi repetitive
  • larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    I agree with Dolfan.
  • maho
    9 years ago
    Most times I get 2-3 PMs after a PHC review saying thanks, and asking some specific Q's on dancers.

It's probably why I check daily for reviews on PHC along with my favorite club in my city. I know my opinions of those clubs....but I'm curious to hear others and the latest.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    People who travel for work are able to review at lot of different clubs all over the country without paying travel expenses. But those who don't will typically review the same clubs over and over. The only time I review non-Detroit clubs is when visit a club when I'm on vacation or when I attend a TUSCL meet.
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    Fyi, there is a 4 week minimum interval between same club reviews to get VIP credit. One can submit reviews within that timeframe- they just wouldn't get VIP credit for doing so.
  • maho
    9 years ago
    For those in the SC hobby and costs that come with it, a $6.95 or whatever it is a month membership to this website is irrelevant.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    I don't see a problem. More information the better it is.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I prefer those that post reviews, even those who post same clubs over and again, to those that don't bother to post reviews at all I believe it gives a relevance to their comments on this discussion board, that those that don't post do not seem to realize. That said I agree with Dolfan, that clubs change over time some for the better, some for the worse, and when I read a review from someone about a club that I have also reviewed sometimes I have an AHA moment where I say I never even thought about this that way, and I find it to be a benefit. Additionally sometimes something that irked me, also irritated another customer, and I say I'm not just bitching because something didn't just go the way I wanted, but there is the reason I liked or disliked a particular club, he just articulated what I couldn't quite express the way that I wanted to.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Let me cite, Bogarts, one of our Detroit clubs. In no way is it ever going to be a top-dollar "businessman's club" like the Penthouse Club. I return to enjoy the place, the barmaids that I've known through the years and the dancers. Things there do change and to keep pace with the new realities, it behooves me to review it again when said changes occur.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    I usually wait at least 4 months or more to review a club again. I agree with what others have said, a lot things can change in that time at an SC. It is sometimes interesting for me to go back and read my reviews from a year ago and see how many of those strippers are now gone!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I'm guilty because I have my local club which i really like. I'm aware that I need to keep my reviews fresh and I think I do an okay job. I have some writing skill and I do my reviews with the thought that anyone who reads all of them will still find something new and entertaining. That being said, I got a snarky comment on how I review my club too much. Well I'm not paying for VIP (sorry Founder!!) but in no way do I feel like I'm just mailing it in and stealing.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I am still frugal and like geting free stuff like VIP status and not spending any money online. I've gone years without spending any money online. I don't travel that much anymore but want to keep VIP status in case I do travel. I never know when I might be asked to travel or just want to. Some people may spend thousands on the hobby but don't want to pay for the same thing that they can get for free. Now if you always made good money at your job, maybe you didn't learn to be frugal like I did. If Anything, visiting a strip club and splurging on buying 3 or 5 dollar drinks, tipping two dollars at a time, and buying two for ones or spending 25 to 30 dollars for a dance or two is a trip to the wild side.

I started tipping 2 dollars last night with some dancers I like because I remember with the inflation calculator, my one dollar tip back in 1990 dollars is worth only about 1.60 now. Plus I overheard a dancer say one dollar is like nothing nowadays. That may be true but it does get a customer and dancer close together where she can sell the more expensive lap dances.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    the CPI inflation calculator shows my one dollar tip back in 1990 is now worth about 1.80
    http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calcul…

People used to only tip a dollar but now I guess it almost seems like tipping 50 cents after the last several years. I just remembered 1990 is before I ever visited a strip club. I put the wrong year in, oh well, it seemed like the strippers I tipped more were paying more attention to me.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I review many of the same clubs but if I don't have any new information to add I won't write one or I'll save it up and include it all in one big review. I did that for Hi-liter a couple months ago after I had made a bunch of trips in a small window of time.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    I have noticed (or read the gentle reminders) that forum posters should post reviews for the "street cred" on TUSCL. I'm not in a position where my family budget will allow room (presently) for travel to many far away SCs. So I will be probably one of those guys posting reviews on the same 1-3 places. I'm not really worried about VIP. I could just buy the one time VIP membership (about $100) if it really meant a lot to me. Plus it's not like VIP is really required to read the reviews since you can still pull out the reviews' text using google deep-dive search for free (if you want to leech). But I don't want to leech.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I wasn't trying to criticize the practice. Just curious.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Well, it beats the epic ballads that include 5 paragraphs of nearly pointless layout intel, yet nothing specific about the girls and the guys' experiences with them. So I encourage the guys with good local clubs to post reviews as often as they want - it is sometimes my best intel when I am traveling.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    I wasn't trying to defend the practice. Just sharing my thoughts to satisfy the curiosity.
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    I have reviewed the same club a few times. I would only do it now if something changed. I might also review it if no one had done a good review lately as I do not think that new users scroll down through the old review.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    Also when I do run out of VIP status it encourages me to go to a club I haven't reviewed in a while or see how long it's been since I reviewed my regular spot. I'm not just going to make up a review. Even as PL I have integrity:)
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    I enjoy well written summaries of another PLs exploits, especially if augmented with dancers names, appearances, atttitudes or activities enjoyed therein. The more detail, the better. Even if the club layout/décor doesn't change, the dancers, the pricing and the game itself is never the exact same twice. For example, I never fail to read a review of anything in TJ -- almost always an entertaining , if not useful, read.

To those that do so, thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    IMO, I think there is a certain value to knowing if the situation at any given club is status-quo, the heat is on, or whatever. Gauging if a club is trending up or down tends to require someone who's reviewed it more than once. Also, I tend to think more info is better than no recent intel.

I would agree that a "review" that's only about someone latest ATF drama really isn't a review, but that's a different issue than giving a 'status-quo' report.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    As long as it's a good review then as others have mentioned more info is better than less info - especially since 50%+ of reviews r often crap.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Through my first 62 reviews I was fanatical about never reviewing the same club twice. However, at that point new clubs were getting hard to come by, so I started writing second reviews of certain favorite clubs. I don't particularly care about VIP membership, but I continue to write enough reviews that I'm probably a couple of years ahead right now. I have no objections to reading others' repeated reviews of the same clubs if they actually have something new to say. My problem is with the vast number of two-sentence POS "reviews" that are somehow accepted and get the "reviewer" four weeks of VIP membership. It would appear that Founder's only restriction on reviews is a [very short] minimum length.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    My plan is to review every single club ONCE in NY (and maybe NJ) before I start repeat reviews.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    There are those of us who don't travel to SC's and only have a handful to choose from. I know I've posted a couple of repeats and I'm sure some think my reviews are too long but that's just how I write. I love the details. When we walk into a SC I love the fact that I already know the bar if here and the main stage is there and the bathroom is back to the left. I don't have a problem with people doing multiple reviews from the same club. I think over a period of time it can be a nice barometer of what the club is usually like based on what the reviewer is looking for when they go. I would rather see the same person post an in depth review of the same club every month or 2 than have multiple one hit wonders posting a couple sentences each.

I've got a couple of reviews written up for our last couple of visits to different clubs that I've just never even posted. Don't know why, I just haven't. Can't even remember the last time I checked out the review section.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    No problem. I just want to make sure I am contributing back. At least one of the contributors flamed me before for not having written any reviews. I don't really care about VIP but it would be nice to read the reviews of clubs in my area for comparison.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    As long as they're decently written then the more the better.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion