tuscl

N.F.L. is Back! 2013-14

Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:16 PM
Peyton is winning thus far. Getting REVENGE! I predict victory for my two favorite teams Sunday: Green Bay & Miami. :) :) :) :)

301 comments

• ime
    11 years ago
    Miami may squeak out a win but being on the road probably won't be good for them. Green Bay loses on the road in SF. Pats beat Bills becsuse they pretty much always do now. Plus Bills QB situation and defensive backfield is not good. Hate manning but glad to see the baltimore ratbirds losing
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I don't have a tv. Just know I'm rooting for the Giants
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I'm rooting against the Patriots.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Over here in Europe (where real football is played), all the buzz is about Real and Barca in Spain, ManU and the poofters in England, Bayern in Germany. I remain a Gunners fan from my North Sea days in the 1970s. AR.......SEN........AL !!!!!
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Farmer, I didn't know that the NFL had expanded to Europe. When did this happen.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    49ers rule
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I have Peyton Manning in my fantasy league. Huge game last night. Almost a record fantasy points game.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I think he means soccer. Farmerart, I thought you lived in Canada?
  • ime
    11 years ago
    "I'm rooting against the Patriots." Slick probably better to have something to root for since there is no point in rooting for the raiders, ha.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Hey Art. Real Futbol is played in South America by teams like Boca Juniors & Santos.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Having watched Joe Kapp play with the Vikings, he IMHO is the most unlikely holder of the 7 passing TDs in a game record that Manning tied last night.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Got to give it up to ALL the Mannings-One classy family.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    @Estafador, I do live in Canada. At the moment I am on a European holiday - Italy, France, Holland, Germany. No SCs, touring WW II battlefields.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    It has been too long. Nice to see Flacco take a L at the hands of Peyton Manning. Flacco is a good QB, but he is getting hellishly overpaid right now and Baltimore is eventually going to regret getting saddled with that contract. Next up: Pats beat up on the Bills!
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    I love poking the bubbles of self-importance that you Americans float all over the tuscl board. Apart from North America, the rest of the world plays football. North America plays a game that the rest of the world refers to, derisively, as 'American' football'. And, of course, we Canadians much prefer our game to that unwatchable game of steroid pumped, huffing and puffing Cro-Magnons playing what you Yanks so slavishly adore.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    You let em have it Art! Curling kicks ass!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Maybe Baltimore should get back all those Defensive players that left after last season. Seems like they need them. LOL
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    That hurts IME. That hurts.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Terrell Pryor will be fun to watch, if he can develop he could be exactly what they need to turn things around.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    @farmer isn't the CFL popular up there in there in America's Hat? Even with the weird field and multiple players in motion. I have no doubt the US could dominate in soccer if poeple here cared about it. If soccer got the top US athletes it would be a different story. Right now it gets the guys who weren't good at Football, Basketball, Baseball, even hockey.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Having the greatest military in the world, staying off of the metric system and rooting for a game that has such a unique balance of strategy and brute force, are just a few of the things that make America so great. ;) Of course, I do have to give Canada some credit. Ketchup potato chips are only starting to hit our shelves while they have been a staple in Canada for decades. And we still can't seem to get Coffee Crisp or Mr. Big candy bars here in the U.S. because they are not sweet enough for the mainstream US candy palate, yet they are delicious. Oh, and I hate to nitpick, but Mexico is part of North America and they most certainly "football."
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Lacrosse is Canada's official sport does anyone watch that? Even in soccer Canada is ranked 91st USA is 19th.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @SlickSpic: "I'm rooting against the Patriots." @ime: "Slick probably better to have something to root for since there is no point in rooting for the raiders, ha." Good point. I'll root *for* anyone playing against the Patriots then.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The Raiders will NEVER be the same with Al Davis gone. Glory days are gone IMO.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    funny that Art referenced "steroid pumped" players. I seem to remember one Tony Mandarich was from Oakville, Ontario. Michigan State boy was the poster child for steroid users in college. One of the biggest busts in NFL history.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    A French Canadian being a snob? What a surprise. Hey Farmersnob, your D-Day rant on the "greatness of Canada" during WW11 was pure crap. It was America Art. Now you dis American football on opening night? What a fucking jerk. Stay in Canada.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    The Silver & Black will be back. When? Who knows...
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    I used to enjoy *playing* soccer (when I was in any condition to do so) far more than watching it. But I enjoy *watching* American football far more than playing it. They're just different. Neither is "better" than the other.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    @georgemicrodong please do, I don't ever want a person who isn't a fan of the team i'm rooting for pulling for them if they aren't a real fan. Bandwagon fans suck, so go jump on every other bandwagon for a week
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Jab: The NFL already was in Europe, 1991-2007. See: [view link] Even though I'm American born and raised, thinking globally for a moment, there may be a reasonable argument that the rest of the planet's football deserves that name and that the U.S. and Canadian versions should have been named something else (e.g., soccer). When you can score a maximum of three points by kicking the football, but a maximum of six points by passing or running the football, I think our "football" may have been misnamed. Any ideas for an alternate name for our football? How about "ovalball?"
  • ime
    11 years ago
    the NFL really wants a team in London and the demand seems to be there. They play a game there every year and it sells out.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Just call it "GRIDIRON" like it already is.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Slick, Interesting comment. I believe that the term "gridiron," may have genuinely applied at one time. I think I've seen photographs of early football where, in addition to yard lines, there were actually horizontal lines on the field as well, thus forming a true "grid." You may have another point in your favor. According to Wikipedia, what is known in the U.S. and Canada as football is known in some countries as "gridiron football." See the terminology section in: [view link]
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    @mikeya02, Like all ill-educated Americans you refuse to let facts shed light on the darkness of your pre-conceived fantasies. In addition, I am Swedish-Canadian; I just happen to speak French. @motorhead, There have been lots of steroid using Canadian athletes. Never forget Ben Johnson, Seoul Olympics 100m disgraced gold medal winner. @rickdugan, The game of strategy and brute force that you love was invented in Canada. The first games resembling your beloved game were played in Canada. McGill played Harvard in 1869 if my memory serves. I think McGill kicked Harvard's ass. If you wish to sample Canada's current claim to culinary fame chow down on an order of poutine.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Back to the NFL - Is AP going to go for 2500 yards this year or even 2000? I think less than 2000.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    On the Football vs. Soccer debate: "They're just different. Neither is "better" than the other." I hate to agree with you, but you are spot on gmd. I do like to watch both men's & women's World Cup soccer. I never watch "PRO" soccer games. I played Football for most of my 1st 25 yrs. And I have watched it since the early 1960's.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Lol farmer you're from Canada so if anything I'd expect you to be expressing your love for hockey, not soccer lol Anyway, Vikes week 1 opponent is the Lions
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    No comments about AP GoVikings? I don't believe it. LOL
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Alucard- AP is a special player, so it's fun to watch him do what he did last season. But in order for us to go get better as a team, Ponder has to step up. To be completely honest with you, I don't want to see AP running for a crazy amount of yards. If Peterson does what he did last year, then that will mean Ponder hasn't gotten better and is still just a mediocre QB. In order for us to win, which is all I care about, AP needs to do less and Ponder more!
  • ime
    11 years ago
    I agree with govikings for Minnesota to get better they have to rely less on peterson. However I have AP as my running back in Fantasy football so they should feed him the ball relentlessy.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    "The first games resembling your beloved game were played in Canada. McGill played Harvard in 1869 if my memory serves. I think McGill kicked Harvard's ass." 1869 was the first intercollegiate game and it was Princeton vs. Rutgers which is recognized as the first game that is actually related to the football we see today, even though the rules and scoring was different. as for Harvard McGill - Harvard, which played the "Boston game", a version of football that allowed carrying, refused to attend this rules conference and continued to play under its own code. While Harvard's voluntary absence from the meeting made it hard for them to schedule games against other American universities, it agreed to a challenge to play McGill University, from Montreal, in a two-game series. The McGill team traveled to Cambridge to meet Harvard. On May 14, 1874, the first game, played under "Boston" rules, with a round ball, was won by Harvard with a score of 3–0. The next day, the two teams played under "McGill" rules, with an oblong ball, to a scoreless tie.[6] This series of games represents an important milestone in the development of the modern game of American football.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    sorry if part of that was cut off but it was too long to post the whole thing, but moral of story is game isn't Canadian nor did "kick Harvard's ass" hell they didn't even win. But that first game of football may also be the first collegiate game of rugby so I guess we don't really know, ha. they both claim it
  • IanSmith
    11 years ago
    No blood = no sport. You yanks give me a shout when your American football reaches this level: Brazilian Soccer Fans Decapitate Ref After He Stabs, Kills Player Last Sunday, an amateur soccer match in Brazil came to an unbelievably gruesome end when a referee was murdered by outraged fans. His head was then cut off and placed on a spike. The beheading was retaliation; the ref initially stabbed a player to death. It happened in the Maranhão region of northeastern Brazil. Thirty-year-old Josenir dos Santos Abreu approached the referee, 20-year-old Otávio Jordão da Silva (pictured above) during a match to argue a call. Abreu reportedly threw a punch at da Silva, who then took out a knife he was carrying with him during the match, and stabbed the player. Abreu died of his wounds en route to the hospital. Meanwhile, the player's friends and family invaded the pitch and attacked da Silva. They reportedly tied up the referee, beat him, stoned him, lynched him, and then quartered him. When they finished, they cut off his head and placed it on a stake in the center of the field. So far, just one man, 27-year-old Luis Moraes Souza, has been arrested for the crime, and authorities are searching for two more. Valter Costa, the chief of police in Maranhão's town of Santa Ines, spoke in a statement. “Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact," he said. "We will identify and hold accountable all those involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law.” If you must, here is a link to a video showing da Silva's body, decapitated and all, after he was killed. But, we're warning you, it's extremely gruesome. [view link]
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    @ime, Thanks for correcting me. I should just shut up about North American football. It is obvious that I know little about the game. I don't even care for the sport. GoVikings is right. Hockey is my first sports love (and always will be).
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    London Claymores would be a bad ass name for a new NFL team from London
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Estafador, I am well aware that farm was talking about soccer. I was speaking tongue-in-cheek. Club_goer, the NFL Europe League was backed by the NFL but was not part of the NFL. Get your facts straight.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Hopefully my Houston Texans make a deep playoff run. I don't trust Matt Schaub though.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Alucard- AP is a special player, so it's fun to watch him do what he did last season. But in order for us to go get better as a team, Ponder has to step up. To be completely honest with you, I don't want to see AP running for a crazy amount of yards. If Peterson does what he did last year, then that will mean Ponder hasn't gotten better and is still just a mediocre QB. In order for us to win, which is all I care about, AP needs to do less and Ponder more!" You're Right Sir. BUT I hope Minnesota doesn't improve, as I am a rapid Packers fan. LOL
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    This is all rubbish! The Lingerie Football League, now that's where it's at.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I saw a movie where some all girl teams played strip football. I think I would like watching that especially if they had cheerleaders doing some strip competition.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Peyton Manning...a true class act
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Farm, I prefer french fries smothered in gravy to being doused in ketchup (catsup, catchup, etc.)
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    French fries should have vinegar and salt on them. Anything else is an abomination to God.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Where I come from, we call them Freedom Fries. And we top them with a heaping of Liberty!
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    We speak Americans not English k people
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Got Dam Rite!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    If Lacy can provide some hard running yardage, like Ryan Grant did for a couple of years, the Packers may well be in the Super Bowl this season as long as the Defense can prevent too many points & too much yardage.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    AP just made a BIG step towards 2500 yds in Detroit on his 1st carry. LOL
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Looks like The Raiders are losing. Again. Who would've thought that.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Canadians do it doggie style so that they can both watch hockey. :) For you SEC fans, you'll enjoy this. [view link]
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Looks like The Raiders are losing. Again. Who would've thought that." A possibility for the #1 Draft Pick?!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Miami 23 - Browns 10. Win #1 for my Dolphins. Next up my Packers vs. SF
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Well GB gave up TOO MANY points, yards and turnovers to win. You also cannot allow a receiver to run amok all over the field. NO team can win playing that way.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Poorly played game from the Vikes on offense and defense. Too many turnovers and other than that early long run by Peterson, our offense looked poor throughout the majority of the game
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Yeah, I thought he was well on the way to 2500 at 1st.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Doubleheader tonight!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Does Brady prevail over the NY circus tonight? I see Suh has run afoul of the League office again.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Yeah, the Pats will definitely beat the Jets Suh appealed the 100K fine he received, but I think it'll be upheld. Even considering Suh's past incidents, 100K is a bit much IMO, but they've got to send a strong message to him. The next time he's gonna get suspended
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Suh is putting a big target on his back w/ his cheap play. Won't be long until every offensive player who has a shot to take him out takes it if he keeps it up
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I agree that NE will beat NY. Suh is not building the "right" kind of reputation.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    NE 13 - NY 3 / Half Time NY, I thought was hanging with NE pretty well until the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter. Seems like Brady is missing his missing Pass Receivers from 1 yr ago. NY was lucky on the reply call on the almost TD with a few seconds left. And the missed FG. NY better get in the end zone if they want a chance to win.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    If the young receivers werent dropping passes Pats should have had about 30 points at the half
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    NE prevailed on a REALLY bad game on offense for BOTH teams. As usual the winner of the turnover battle usually wins. If other teams want a chance to beat NE, they had better do it before Brady gets comfortable with all his NEW receivers.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    totally agree with you on this. they played sloppy, dropped way to many passes, both teams did. It's been a while but it was good to see the Pats D step up.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The Packers seem to be able to handle Robert Griffin, and the Skin's defense can't handle the Packer offense. Miami is all even with Indy & Luck.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Looking forward to the Manning vs. Manning game a bit later. Should be interesting.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Tough luck for you today GoVikings. No luck for Indy's Luck either. My Fins are 2-0!!! LMAO The Pack masters Griffin & the Skins. Philly needs a Defense or it wouldn't matter how fucking fast they run plays.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Starting to look like Eli is going to get the SHORT end of it tonight.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Browns trade Richardson. They just selected him a year ago. WOW
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Miami 3-0. Honestly thought Falcons would win. If they can beat the Saints at the Dome next week, they may just be a division title possibility. LOOK out NE. LOL
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Would love to see Oakland upset Denver tonight however unlikely it is.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Fuck I'm pissed! I need to go to the damn club
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Yeah getting beat by the Browns is depressing. Is Ponder going to go to the bench? Manning rules tonight.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Manning ruled again.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Pats are a sloppy 3-0, but finally the passing game showed some signs of life on Sunday. Brady is a master when he can turn that collection of scrubs into pro-level receivers. Now we'll see what happens when we actually play a decent team. Man I miss Gronk, Hernandez and Welker.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    You weren't going to see Hernandez, no matter what. Teams don't keep Murder suspects on their teams. And they apparently pissed Welker off, so he fled to Manning.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    The Pats D is winning games that is something that hasn't happened in a couple years, and it's giving a brand new receiving core time to develop. Gronk and Amendola will be back soon,and when Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce put it all together there will be no way to stop them all. The young guys can stretch the field and Amendola, Edelman, are very quick and hard to stop on short quick routes. and then their is Gronkowski best all around tight end in the game. Jimmy Graham in NO is good but he can't block for shit. Sucks we lost Welker but money talks in the NFL.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    @Alucard. Yup and Manning is very happy to have Welker right now. @ime: I'm not as confident with these new receivers. They seem to be having a lot of trouble holding on to passes that hit them anywhere besides right in the numbers and that includes Edelman. One of the things that makes Brady so successful is his ability to put the ball in places where only his receivers have a shot at it, but this requires these receivers to have good hands. He's been able to skate by against mediocre defenses, but soon we'll be facing some stiffer opponents and that is when we'll see what we really have.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    the receivers actually played well this week and made the catches they dropped last week. If we Pats can win 2 of the next 3 i'll be impressed they play 3 good teams in a row.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    ime, they still dropped a lot of passes. There were some good plays made, but Brady had to hit them pretty squarely in order for catches to be made. Spoon feeding them easy catches is not a luxury that Brady is going to have against the more potent defenses. We shall see.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Fuck those cheating ass Patriots. I'm so sick of the media talking about the "Patriot Way" and how's it's the standard for the NFL. Newsflash: One of their former star players is charged with first degree murder, and they were in a major cheating scandal in 2007. BTW they haven't won a title since "Spygate". I find that kind of interesting.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The next two games for NE are a bit TOUGHER. "BTW they haven't won a title since "Spygate". I find that kind of interesting" Could be coincidence, and MAYBE not! LOL
  • ime
    11 years ago
    If you think they were the only team who taped signals you are an absolute tard. Google the truth about spygate and read it then talk. And bring on the hate anyways i dont want you to like my team, i dont care about your team whoever it is
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Seahawks!
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Why are you so sensitive ime? It's just my opinion. LOL
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Alucard- I don't think Ponder will get benched, at least not right now However, the Buccaneers benched Josh Freeman and that's official
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Fucked the Patriots. Back in 2000, they couldn't beat the Raiders so they had to change the rules. And anytime, any Patriot fan wants to speak up, don't let them forget about the 1985 Bears.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I think the Rams continue their success against the 49ers tonight.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    I doubt it Alucard, Kapernick has been struggling, but I don't see the 9ers losing 3 straight
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    They're missing a big part of their defense.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Smith? They will still prevail despite that, Bradford ain't ready for that defense. I do see this game being competitive though, because the Rams can play defense, but the 9ers will pull out the W
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Will be interesting to see.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Well at half time the difference is Gore, NOT the QB. Plus a rather pathetic defense by the Rams. By the way - the "Free Kick" rule, I've seen used before. Prior to the date mentioned by the announcers.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Hey GoVikings, is Cassel the key for the Vikes or just another sub who has little or no impact. IMO. I don't think he will have much of an impact.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Battle of unbeaten teams Monday night. Miami will have a chance to see how good they are or might become.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Alucard, I agree with you that Cassel won't make much of a difference. :( Ponder has a rib injury, he didn't get benched for performance or anything like that. Besides the Vikings game, I'm most looking forward to Broncos/Eagles and Patriots/Falcons
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Yeah, I think Atlanta will edge NE. I think Manning rules again Sunday.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Well, we get our first W of the season. Almost blew it AGAIN in the 4th quarter . 4 games played so far and today was the only one where we didn't turn the ball over . Defense still giving up too many passing yards, but we have a young secondary AND injuries, so I'm not surprised. Cassel will probably remain starter since he played well
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I was a bit surprised that Minnesota beat the Steelers. Looks like a VERY long year for Pittsburgh.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Yeah, the Vikings win surprised me too. Also gratified me. :)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I was wrong about Atlanta. Hoping my Dolphins can prevail Monday night.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    A couple of "connections" between New Orleans & Miami in the player world: 1. Ricky Williams - played for both & performed well for both teams. 2. Drew Brees - The Dolphins twice had a chance to have this QB as the Miami QB. Could have drafted him & could have signed him as a free agent. Miami passed both times. I wonder if they have any regrets? I know it pissed me off that they never drafted him & then passed on him as a free agent.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    NOT a good 1st half by Miami. :(
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    BAD game by Miami all around. Doesn't appear that they can compete with the "BIG BOYS"!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Tough night last night for the QBs. A bit of a MUST win game for my Packers against the Lions Sunday. They don't want to fall any further behind Detroit & Chicago.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Texans fans burned Schaub's jersey in the parking lot after the game last Sunday. Lol, that's funny as hell Schaub has thrown one pick 6 in 3 straight games this season and the last one literally cost the Texans the game Vikings have a bye :(....guess I'll watch Eagles vs Giants
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Yeah, fans can be REALLY tolerant. LOL GB is winning at the half, but only by a FG. They need to finish it in the Red Zone!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    GB has a bit of a cushion now at 16 to 3. One more score makes it a 3 possession game in the 4th Qrt.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Another BIG day for Manning! That game reminds me of a Monday Night game yrs ago that involved the Packers & had a similarly high score on both sides. Miami appears to NOT be able to play with the BIG Boys. But Cincy helped them out by stopping NE.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Freeman IN & Ponder OUT? What are your thoughts GoVikings? I don't believe it will help much.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    It is going to be a VERY LONG Fall & Winter in Hotlanta for NFL fans.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Alucard- Freeman isn't going to play Sunday, but he will have a chance to win the starting job in the future. Our coach, Fraizer, is going to decide between Ponder and Cassel for our upcoming game against the Panthers. The fan base wants to see Cassel play because of how well he played against Pittsburgh, but Fraizer hasn't ruled out Ponder playing if his ribs have healed. The decision on who's going to start for us should come any day now. I can't wait til the next few weeks when the Vikes will have a few prime-time games, so I can go to the club, drink, watch the game and try to not get too distracted from the game by watching all the naked ladies haha :)
  • ime
    11 years ago
    GoVikings - do you want Josh Freeman? Guy seems like bad news and not much of a team player. He has some talent but he is also the guy who is gonna hurt a locker room.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    ime- Yes, I wanted Freeman. First of all, it's a very low risk move. We aren't losing much even if it doesn't work out. Secondly, the Vikings have been AWFUL at picking QB's (see Tavaris Jackson and Christian Ponder) so Freeman gives us another option that could be potentially be a good move. I'm curious- what makes you think he seems like bad news and not much of a team player? What makes you think he's a guy who will hurt the locker room? I'm wondering where you got that from, because I haven't heard anything about Freeman having off the field issues or being a bad teammate or anything along those lines...and I follow the NFL very closely
  • ime
    11 years ago
    freeman missed team meetings and pictures and was fined at least twice by the Bucs for conduct detrimental to the team.I think he also had his captaincy taken away. News also leaked about him being in the substance abuse program. from espn etc seems like a lot of stuff has been kept quiet about him
  • ime
    11 years ago
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Ime, a lot of players get fined for missing team meetings. They also fined him for doing an unauthorized media interview. C'mon man, you really think that indicates he seems like bad news and a bad locker room guy? I don't think so. Those things are very minor issues If Freeman had some type of reputation for bad behavior, you might have a point.... But he doesn't
  • ime
    11 years ago
    they have been talking about him a lot lately so its hard to really gauge if its him or if the Bucs are letting stuff out trying to make him look bad. He's really not a franchise QB either way, too inconsistent. He might help you guys win a couple more games this year but he isn't the long term answer.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    still early but the Giants are showing some signs of life in the first half. THey usually don't take a month off until November, maybe they decided to do it early this year.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Ime- I agree with you that Freeman probably won't be a long term answer. He's had some very good seasons, but like you said he's been too consistent . I just wanted to clear up that stuff you said about him being a "bad locker room guy"
  • ime
    11 years ago
    I think the media was playing that angle, and when added to the substance abuse stuff i believed it. In other news i may have spoke too soon about Giants, as soon as soon as i said they looked giid they stopped
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Inconsistent, I meant in that last post This Thursday night game has turned into a close one. Let's see if Da Bears can hold on
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Meh, we got beat down today. :( Worst loss of the season and a few defenders got hurt Guess I'll see what's happening with the rest of the games
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Adrian Peterson's situation is awful, you gotta feel for the guy.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Hell of a finish to Pats/Saints game Texans fans cheered when Schaub got hurt today, and then their backup QB came in and played much worse than Schaub was playing before he got hurt lmao
  • ime
    11 years ago
    It's just classless to cheer in injury, hopefully they will lose all the rest of their games, like the use to not very long ago. They have been pretty good for what like 2 years now.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    When you have a quarterback like Tom Brady, anything is possible. ;)
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    Tom Brady is a faggot
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Vikes got the Monday night game and Freeman will be starting Cowboys/Eagles play for first place in the division Schaub out this week due to injury
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Which game y'all watching?
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Panthers vs Buccaneers tonight The Rams called Favre since Bradford is out for the year but he declined their offer haha
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I can't stand the Fuckinqueers so I'm rooting for Carolina.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Carolina has a stout D and if Boy Wonder can ditch his freshman attitude they just might make some noise in December.Gotta love Steve Smith's piss and vinegar.Alucringe you have a call waiting on another thread.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Minnesota off to a good start. Cordarelle Patterson is fun to watch on special teams. If he ever learns the playbook enough he could be fun to watch on offense. Miami just like their mascot Alucard came in made a statement and then couldn't back it up, and then shrunk and left with their tail between their legs.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I find the happenings in Miami to be of interest. It seems that TUSCL ISN'T the only place where "grown men" fail to act like "grown men". All of this may well negate the benefits of the win on Thursday. GB over the Bears tonight!!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    ^^^^I bet you would like to be over a bear tonight.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Interesting word out of Houston. It seems the the Head Coach had a TIA [Mini Stroke], often a warning sign of a larger stroke to come. I hope his Doctors do a carotid scan. He could possibly have 1 or 2 narrowed carotid arteries, which may mean that a Carotid Endarterectomy may be in his future.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Bad news for Packer fans tonight. Rodgers is done for the game with an injury. A win tonight could be questionable. If Rodgers ends up missing game[s] due to this injury, the team may well struggle to finish above .500. And if Rodgers ends up missing games, I predict that the team may resign Matt Flynn. He knows the playbook & there would be almost no learning curve. I also think this may push the team to draft a quarterback as high as possible in the draft. A REALLY solid backup is needed.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    most teams can't afford to draft a back up really high unless they are going to be the heir apparant. Thats why most teams use somewhere after the fourth round to develop a guy. I can't really think of any team that is so good and has so much depth that they could use an early pick on a backup. I can't see GB spending early picks to draft a backup when they have the best QB in the game with years left to play.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Also there aren't even 32 quality quarterbacks available to start in the league right now, if you found a back up who is that good you really probably can't afford to keep them due to trade value. Matt Flynn made out great something like 30 million in guaranteed money to not be a starter at the two places that brought him in to start.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Tough times ahead for GB with Rodgers out for 4 to 6 weeks. I can't see them going forward with the present set of backups at QB.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Vikes got another W last Thursday night. Good feeling because it's been a while. This night game between the Boys and Saints should be pretty good
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Even tougher times ahead in GB. can't see them depending on the Taxi Squad QB. Time to bring in someone else. Yes the Dallas/NO game should be interesting. The mess in Miami is getting more interesting. I wonder how this may impact the rest of the NFL?
  • ime
    11 years ago
    @govikings - i thought the night game was going to be closer than that. I was most suprised by Carolina beating the 49ers.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    ime I thought the night game would be closer as well. Knew the Saints would win, but I figured they'd only win by 10-14 points. I was surprised by the Panthers winning too, especially on the road. They've been hot though, after yesterday's win they're now on a 5 game winning streak
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    WTF happened to Indianapolis yesterday? Didn't see the game, just saw the score. Was Luck not having any, or did the entire team just take the day off?
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Tavon Louis of the Rams went off w/ a 98 yard punt return, and 81 and 57 yard TD catches. Luck had 3 Int's
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Sorry meant Tavon Austin of St Louis
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Miami's season is getting worse. BOO!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    It seems my prediction about GB resigning matt Flynn has come to pass, so to speak!
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I wonder how long until Flynn starts a game??
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    This has been a ROUGH year on QBs. How many original starters will be left standing at season's end???
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Yeah, lots of quarterbacks have gone down The night game and Monday Night Football game should both be good
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The Lions have fallen to the bumblebees. LOL! A GB win & they're back into a 1st place tie. Hopefully Baltimore prevails over the Bears. Great game later: KC & Denver!!!
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Go Bears! Not a fan of the Baltimore Rat birds
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The 1972 Miami Dolphins can POP the champagne once again. YA!!! Also the 45th Anniversary of the "Heidi" game was on the 17th. I remember watching that game.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Must be a lot of long faces at the Follies tonight with the Falcons losing yet again.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Card probably remembers the Heidi game 'cause he was seeing that it might go over and he would miss the beginning of Heidi. Couldn't resist.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Broncos vs Pats tonight. Manning vs Brady. Giants play Cowboys, that should be a good one as well
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Manning is gonna' choke tonight. ;)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    GB vs Vikes should be interesting with all the injuries they have on both sides. "Manning is gonna' choke tonight. ;)" Don't think so! LOL He may lose the game, but it won't be a choke.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    GB can certainty use 10 days off. A HURTING Team.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Vikings game was super exciting today. Peterson ran all over Da Bears and passed 10K yards for his career :)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    A WILD & Weather impacted Day so far!!! LOL
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Peterson hurt again :(
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Who do you guys like in Hawks versus 49ers? (Was standing behind a rather sexy soccer-mom/MILF at Safeway today and she was looking good in her Hawks jersey.)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    And a screwed up kick-off costs the game! Weather makes for wildness. And so does poor tackle technique.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    At least my two favorite teams won.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    @dougster -hard to pick against the seahawks as well as they are playing right now, even on the road. Crazy win for the Patriots today, they played horribly for most of the game though you have to give Cleveland's D some credit. Now Gronkowski is out for the rest of the year it makes a deep playoff run less likely.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    New League distance record today. I remember watching Dempsey's kick vs the Lions.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Back & Gone, it seems. Aaron Rodgers is back for the Pack's last regular season game and any post season stuff. And Tony Romo is on the shelf for the remainder of the season.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    GoVikings won't be happy, looks like A.P. is done.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Too bad Wade Phillips is crying about Peyton's TD record. You can't change plays after the game is over no matter whether they were correctly called or not. It is History & NOT changeable.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Looks like there will be a COMPLETE house cleaning in Detroit. Sounds like Ford will get out the Gigantic broom and sweep out all the coaches & front office. LOL
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Is there a Seahawks game today? If so who is favored?
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    St Louis @ Seattle today. Don't know the spread but Seattle is understandably favored.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Miami isn't helping their chances by trailing NYJ. GB will play their WIN or GO home game later.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Vikings season obviously over, but I'm still really looking forward to these playoff games
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Vikes can help push the broom in Detroit by winning today.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Looks like A Rod will play for GB today.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ That was decided earlier sclvr5005.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I hope the Vikes hold that lead now & help clean out the Lions.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Looks like the Dolphins will be headed to the beaches soon. A 10 point lead by NYJ should be enough to win. Bye Bye Playoffs.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Over for the Fins now!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Now that the Vikes beat the Lions, HOW soon will the Hammer fall from Mr Ford on the Lion's coaches & executives?
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Alucard, our head coach and other parts of the coaching staff are gonna get fired too
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Wouldn't surprise me GoVikings. GB has the advantage at the Half in their Win or Go Home game with Chicago.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Packers pull one out & "Win" the 49ers again in Wild card game.
  • BigCodyCooper
    10 years ago
    My Carolina Panthers have a first round bye! Rock on! If only someone would knock the Seahawks out so we don't have to go to Seattle.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Playoffs are almost set. The SNF winner is the last one in.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Been a pretty good Sunday Night Game so far
  • BigCodyCooper
    10 years ago
    Go Eagles! ABC (anyone but Cowboys)!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    The "Boys" crap out once again. LOL I wonder if Jerry will get out a BIG Broom too!!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    If forced to make a Super Bowl pick now, I would pick Peyton Manning and Denver to win over Carolina.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Lions head coach fired Vikings head coach fired Browns head coach fired Buccaneers head coach fired Redskins head coach fired
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Yup, the broom is sweeping thru the league. I wonder if any of those swept out will land in a vacated spot?
  • ime
    10 years ago
    @GoVikings Kubiak head coach of Texans was fired a couple weeks ago. so that's 6/32 or 18.75% head coaches gone so far this year.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Mike Shanahan is the coach that I expect to possibly land in one of the open jobs immediately as a Head Coach and not at a lower level.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    As long as Jerry Jones keeps calling the shots for the Cowboys; they will continue to be mediocre. If the Cowboys get a coach who will truly be in charge while Jones keeps his mouth shut and his hands off; then they may do something.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    ^^^same thing with the Redskins. Dan Snyder idolizes Jerry Jones and both are the worst things for their teams. I have a few friends who are Redskins fans and they basically feel like since Snyder is young they are never gonna see a really good team.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Lovie Smith is back and it appears that Penn State will need a new coach. Perhaps it will be Tampa Bay's just departed coach.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Should the Bears have signed Cutler long term? That's been a point of discussion. We'll find out if they made the right decision and so will the Head Coach.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Yes they should have commuted to him long term. We all know he could have been better, but the point is there's no better alternative
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Commuted? Sounds like a sentence! Don't you just love autocorrect?
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    In practical reality it is a 3 yr deal, the 1st three years guaranteed and no guarantee after that. The Bears should know by then if all that money is producing the return on investment.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Are changes coming in Miami? They had an ugly end to their season after that ugly "Incident" earlier in the season.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Cutler is somewhat talented but is a mediocre QB at best. He makes way to many bad decisions in crucial parts of games and has problems staying healthy. I think Chicago did it more because there just aren't many good QB's out there, and this isn't going to be a good draft for QB talent. but smoking jay cutler is pretty good [view link]
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Cutler does seem to have trouble winning the BIG games.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I KNOW 1 man who won't be hired as Coach of the Lions:Charles Barkley! LMAO
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Controversy in Viking Land around C. Kluwe.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Ime is right on about Cutler, he's just a mediocre quarterback, the Bears will regret doing that deal in the long run. These are all the quarterbacks better than Jay Cutler: •Peyton Manning •Tom Brady •Aaron Rodgers •Drew Brees •Russell Wilson •Cam Newton •Alex Smith •Matthew Stafford •Tony Romo •Andy Dalton •Nick Foles •Joe Flacco •Eli Manning •Andrew Luck •Phillip Rivers •Ben Roethlisberger I might be missing a couple of people, but as you can see Cutler is just a middle of the road quarterback.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    This weekend's game between SD and Cincinnati reminds me of a game 32 yrs ago, the "Freezer Bowl" (January 10, 1982), played in Cincinnati. That game had the LOWEST ever Wind Chill for an NFL game.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Cowher staying in TV just like Gründen, NOT a surprise to me.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    "Don't you just love autocorrect?" Sometimes. LOL
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    My picks this weekend: 1. Colts over Chiefs in a close one 2. Eagles and cold bear Saints 3. Bengal repeat 1982 victory 4. Packers finally get the 49ers in the bad weather of Green Bay.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I guessed right with the Colts, but there wasn't bad enough weather in Philly to backup my pick there.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    The Green Bay-Niners game will be completed in April, after the players and fans have thawed out.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Well there won't be a "Freezer Bowl II" in Cincy. Better weather will aid SD. Still think Cincy will win.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I remember watching the original "Ice Bowl" game in GB against Dallas ATACdawg. Bart Starr's quarterback sneak is an Iconic play in NFL history.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I got Bengals and 9ers winning today
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Does anyone else remember the NFC championship between Detroit and Dallas? IIT was -1 or -2 degrees F with about a 10 mph wind. Dallas won 5-0, a safety and a field goal!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Looks like I'll be 1 for 3 in my picks so far.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @GoVikings: Any true Bungles fan could have told you the outcome of that game...
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    OT in GB?
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Lol George yeah ..their team is really good....it's just that Dalton isn't very dependable
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @GV, you realize that's a little like saying that Death Valley isn't very wet, right?
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I think GB's failure to keep Kapernack(sp?) in the pocket, or at least push him out of bounds before he could make that first down just cost them the game. And now another first down just guarantees SF's victory by three points.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Carolina to the Super Bowl from the NFC.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    doubtful
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Glad to see Ireland out in Miami. He was a bad GM.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Philbin escaped the broom in Miami. The question is for HOW long? Especially with a new GM to be hired.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    9ers, Seahawks, Patriots and Broncos are who I have winning this weekend
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I repeat: My Super Bowl picks are Carolina and Denver.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Dang .....the eagles home opener opponent for the last 4 seasons has gone on to win the Super Bowl Which means the Chargers would win it this year if that holds true again [view link]
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Seahawks!
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Seattle off to am early lead....still very much a game though
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Rain is gonna be tough on saints.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Yep Bree's having some troubling adjusting for the wind and rain.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    "Some trouble". Yeah, that's one way to put it. And the rest of the team ain't doing so hot, either.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Lynch obviously MVP of this game and the Seahawks narrowly escape, but man they've gotta improve that passing game if they want to get to the Super Bowl. Wilson barely had over 100 yards passing. Harvin got hurt again. A concussion this time. They're gonna need dude next week because we all witnessed how bad their passing attack was today
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Go Colts!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Yeah, I think we did too much coasting when we had the big leads, let them score some points we shouldn't have. Won't get away with slack like that against the 49ers.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Go Panthers!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Looks like it's over for the Colts. I'll stick with my Super Bowl picks.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @Dougster: "Won't get away with slack like that against the 49ers." True dat!
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    That TD throw Cam made to Steve a Smith was beautiful!
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Too bad the throw he made to the SF player was almost as beautiful!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Half of my Super Bowl pick is still there with Peyton Manning.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Man – I was 1 for 4 this weekend. I was pulling for the Saints; Colts; and Panthers; and thought they could win. I was kinda of pulling for the Broncos mainly b/c I thought the Chargers were not really serious playoff material.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I'll hope that Seattle wins next week. I don't like SF.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Hey, I agree with alutard on something. 49'ers gonna be tough to beat, but with home field we should be able to pull it off.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    The Lions hire their 2nd choice it seems in Jim Caldwell. He gets another chance after Indy. Miami does not seem to be a place Executives wish to go, being turned down by two. Hmm...
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    We will see if Caldwell is the right choice for the Lions. They are loaded with talent but really have grossly underachiever. Very undisciplined. (Read Suh). Caldwell seems so stoic - not sure if he's the solution.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Caldwell being fired as soon as he did in Indy made no sense. He wasn't even given a fair chance. Not sure if he'll be right for Lions, but he definitely deserves another shot
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    GoVikings, what are your thoughts about the Vikings new Head Coach?
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Looking perhaps like Peyton Manning will be MVP. Now if he can add another Super Bowl title....
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I doubt R Ryan's contract with the NYJ will be served until its completion unless the Jets get to a Super Bowl REAL soon. Another 1 or 2 so so or bad yrs and he'll be gone.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Which are your picks for this Sunday: A) Broncos vs Patriots B) 49ers vs Seahawks I’m thinking Denver and Seattle to advance
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I'm *hoping* for Denver, but if I were putting money on it, I'd go with the Pats. As for the other, I don't really know. I'm not that familiar with either of them.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Papi, I picked those two teams some time ago as my Super Bowl picks. Still on track.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Seahawks baby!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Well if my picks make it to the Super Bowl, I'd like to see Denver win. If N.E. makes it, I REALLY want to see the Pats lose.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Alucard- I like the hiring of Mike Zimmer. He's a defensive minded guy and other than QB, defense is our biggest concern. We actually have a lot of good pieces on offense besides Adrian Peterson. The problem is were very bad at the most important position in football and that's why our offense is so inconsistent. As far as this weekends games, I think the Broncos and 49ers will make it to the Superbowl. I really want the Patriots to lose, too.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    I like the way things are shaping up. Pats are basically playing with a skeleton crew and house money right now, and for most of the season. They have done more with less starters than just about anyone else. Alucard is picking against them which is pretty much gold because he has a horrible track record picking teams. I think 49ers are gonna come out of Seattle with the win, they are built to beat Seattle but this game could come down to a point or a turnover.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Pats baby. I smell a choke-a-roo in the making for Manning.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Most analysts seem to be picking the 49ers – I agree that they are the more talented team. IMO – the key to the 49ers offense is Kaepernick’s *running* and Vernon Davis’ receiving. If the Seahawks defense can control Kaepernick’s running and make him win it w/ his arm; and if they double Davis and single everybody else; IMO they can stop the 49ers offense (I don’t think Kaepernick is good enough yet to bit a good defense just by throwing). I think the Seahawks ‘D’ is good enough to take away Kaepernick’s running and control Davis via double team – I’m taking the Seahawks at home w/ their strangling defense.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    GoVikings, I am presuming that the Vikings are going to go for a QB on their 1st pick. Any thoughts? In the division they are in, a good QB is essential!
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Minnesota is one of the teams that is probably better of trading down to get more picks. There aren't usually a lot of game changers in the 8 position. @GoVikings you know the team better than me. Do they go D in first round? I think if they want a QB early 2nd round is going to get them the same quality QB as there aren't really any once in a lifetime talents in the draft this year
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Alucard and ime, I see the Vikings doing one of two things. Assuming they stay at the 8th pick, they will either draft a QB in the first round OR take one of the highest rated defensive players. Basically, we need a QB and the rest of our draft picks should be all defense. Talent on the defensive side of the ball is really lacking and we're probably going to lose Jared Allen in the off-season. Can't wait for the games today. Harvin isn't playing for the Seahawks which is a huge blow to their team because we all witnessed how poor their passing attack was last week
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    I think it will on Seattle's defense to win the game.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Vikings: "Harvin isn't playing for the Seahawks which is a huge blow to their team because we all witnessed how poor their passing attack was last week" That was a strategic choice to mainly run it due to weather and the incredible talents of Marshawn Lynch. Weather is better today. What site do you guys use to check the line for betting purposes (informational only)? Looks to me like it's 49ers by 3. I think we'll pull it off due to home field though.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I THINK the 9ers will win, but I want the Seahawks win. I don't have a second team or anything like that, so it doesn't matter to me who wins from here on out. I'm not cheering for anyone. However, if someone put a gun to my head and I had to pick a team I'd like to see win it all, it would be the Seahawks. And that's only because they're the only team left in the playoffs without a Superbowl win. The Broncos, Pats and 9ers all have MULTIPLE Superbowl victories. I just think once the team you cheer for is eliminated, it's a lot more fun/interesting to see teams who haven't had much success finally get over the hump, rather than watching the same ol teams win over and over again.(Pats, Steelers, etc)
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Alright,here's the deal,Seattle,Denver.Welker is on a mission,gonna eat Billy's [view link] false starts on S.F.and zero time outs in the fourth.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Alucard: "I repeat: My Super Bowl picks are Carolina and Denver." That doesn't look like you picked Seattle and Denver to go to the Super Bowl? @Dougster- Seattle is favored by 3 and a half. I do like to bet sometimes, but I'm staying away from this game.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    My error ranukam. Sorry. :) I will stick with Denver and project them as the Champions.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I figured these teams would light up the scoreboard. But so far, that's not the case. Good game so far
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Advantage Manning.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Bigger advantage Manning half way through the 3rd.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    A BIG hill for the Pats to climb!
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Half a quarter and 2 8 point TDs down. NOT looking too good for NE.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I cannot honestly say that I'm disappointed at this result, but I could have wished for a less one-sided game.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Well Manning will go for the Ring in his brother's home field. Had this one picked.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Omaha,Omaha,all the way to the bank.Alubadbet you dumbass,you were wrong from the get go.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Low scoring game in the NFC. Not unexpected.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    ^^^I'm Robin Hood and I should be good with my little bow and arrow.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Exciting end to the Seahawks/49ers. I was underwhelmed with both offenses. Even though I thought the 49ers were the more talented team; I thought Seahawks had a good chance b/c of their incredible defense and the fact the 49ers offense is not necessarily that prolific – Frank Gore is over the hill IMO (not very fast anymore) and the 49ers don’t have a deep thread; their receivers are big and catch balls over the tops of people; but they can’t separate – the 49ers only deep threat is their tight-end Vernon Davis and he is kinda the key to their offense – Seahawks did a good job of taking Davis out of the game (as they did with New Orleans’ Jimmy Graham) and that really hurt the 49ers offense IMO.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Broncos/Pats game I thought was a bit boring – Broncos seemed in control the whole game and it was obvious the Pats were an undermanned team
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I’m picking the Seahawks over the Broncos Just like the 49ers don’t have a deep threat; IMO neither do the Broncos – Broncos receivers are good but they are not superfast guys that can separate – I think the Seahawks defensive backfield can lock down the Broncos wide-outs and Seahawks’ Richard Sherman can probably lock down the Broncos best receiver Damerius Thomas. The Broncos led the league this year w/ 38 pts/game on offense; yet they have been under 30 in the playoffs including 4 field goals against the Pats – and it is def going to be tougher scoring against the Seahawks.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Wow – 300 comments for this thread – wonder what the TUSCL record is
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Time to put this thread to bed. Seattle was a beast all year and their Defense made the superbowl look like Alabama vs some crappy D1AA team. I don't think it hurts Manning's legacy he is a first ballot HOF'er but he struggles mightily in the big games when the pressure is the highest. He had a stacked offense like he usually does they set all the records but you can't throw two picks and win throwing short crossing routes.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Looking forward to the Draft. Is it a part of the 2013-2014 Season or the next. Matter of opinion I presume. NOT Bedtime yet. LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion