tuscl

TUSCL’rs and Mongers - How do you keep things on the down low?

sexmeplease
Having BJ’s in VIP in Arizona
Monday, February 15, 2021 2:54 PM
My SO and family won’t approve of my activities. How do you guys counteract the “find my iPhone“ and location services on phones. I started switching it off when I would go to the club but then people have raised questions about it. Way way to spoof that stuff? I need my phone for work and can’t leave it somewhere.

24 comments

• elmer
    3 years ago
    Turn off the Find My Phone function off.. Permanently. If SO questions explain it must be malfunctioning and you're unable to correct it
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Back when I had to care, I never had any of that shit active in the first place. And I'm not always on my phone to start with. That's half the problem is people setting an expectation they're accessible all the time. I'm just not. What's the difference with 99% of what people have to say if it waits a few hours? That's how shit worked for all of human history until companies convinced people that they needed to be net-connected 24/7.
  • 54kevin
    3 years ago
    I used to turn off the phone also but the bigger risks (for me) were the lovely smells of the club finding their way home. Perfume and cigarette smoke are real killers. I can't say how many extra shirts that I bought just for clubs. Another work around was to visit clubs on the way to the airport before a trip It gives your clothes a couple of days to lose the smell.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Dude you already fucked up by ever allowing that tracking shit in the first place.
  • gotoguy
    3 years ago
    I live in Florida. Lots of phone dead spots. Must have been one of them.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I trick my wife every time I go by looking at her and saying "I'm going out clubbing".
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    skibum gets the win
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    3 years ago
    No guarantee, but you could try: Buying a second phone on the same cellular provider as your main phone. When you go clubbing, forward your main phone to the second and leave your main phone in a secure, but “innocent”, place. I tried this once but it didn’t work because my burner phone isn’t on the same network as my main phone. Of course you might be screwed if your SO shows up at your phone’s location and you’re not there.
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    Location services is a security nightmare. Unless you're very selective about which apps you allow to use it, you're basically telling the entire world where you are at all times. Thank the gods, like skibum, I don't have to hide this shit.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    3 years ago
    Actually, I just did a google search for gps spoofing and found this: [view link] Looks interesting, but I’m surprised Apple and Android even permits anything like this. But I suppose it might not work with features as tightly embedded with the OS as Find My Phone. If you try it, let us know how it work. Like many other posters on this thread, I’m glad I don’t have to worry about this stuff.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Personally I would just get rid of the SO that is tracking your every move. I would say she is paranoid but you are clearly giving her reason to be concerned. If you really feel the need to keep deceiving her just join a gym and and leave your phone in a locker there. Just make sure to get a good cardio workout that leaves you nice and sweaty while at the club to make it convincing.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    It's not technology per se, but the people who are slaves to technology, that will destroy themselves and a lot of other people around them. I believe big tech is going down. It might not be in our lifetimes because everything is so dependent upon it, but eventually people will wake up to the disaster that is modern technology. We can't fight the government conventionally. But we can all smash our phones and computer hard drives and say, "Okay, what's next?" Easiest revolution ever, without firing a shot.
  • bdirect
    3 years ago
    and wear a mask,sunglasses and baseball cap at all times just case a youtuber films you with your mistress
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    Try switching to droid
  • TJ Walker
    3 years ago
    Get buddy co-workers to help you out? Thats what friends are for.
  • ricktheturtle
    3 years ago
    My rickvice: buy a really stylish suit and own your clubbing activities. Say the following to your SO: “hey sweetie, Imma going out to rick around. I may be bringin’ a stripper back here at the end of the evening. We’ll probably want to do it turtlestyle in every room of the house. Ahh...yup.” The “aah...yup” really helps. Try it some time. Aah...yup!
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    What James said; get yourself a Moto G7 Power, cheap and a great phone.... uh, doesn't have that tracking stuff on it.... sorry.
  • rick_the_cheesestick
    3 years ago
    Bring her home some cheesesticks and warm marinara sauce after your night of mongering. No human can turn down cheesesticks, not even Vegans. Seriously though your wife monitors the “find your iPhone” and knows where you are every moment of the day? What if you traded in your iPhone for an Android phone?
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    I have no need to hide my activities, but it seems to me if you want to escape using your self-inflicted virtual hand cuffs, you can flip the script. Use the same functions to track HER, every fucking hour or more. Send her a text every time she leaves the house or goes somewhere she didn't tell you about 1st. Just tell her you love her and want to make sure she's safe, so you are SO DAMN GLAD you have these amazing tools to help you protect her from all the crazy, douche bags out there. Do that for a week and see how her opinion changes...
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    ^lmao
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    Just tell her. But say you only get lap dances and mostly keep your hands at your side. Probably better not show her your profile here though.
  • rockie
    3 years ago
    Who is the fool that allowed anybody to use the tracking capability on your phone in the first place? If you introduced it as a manner to track anyone in your family then you only have yourself to blame.
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    ->@Elmer Fudd: "Turn off the Find My Phone function off.. Permanently." You don't have to turn off the Find My iPhone function. This will do it: -Settings -Privacy -Location Services -Share My Location - Turn that fucker off! As others have said, if you've already enabled sharing your location with SO and family, you've got bigger problems than just changing that privacy setting. Disabling sharing your location will be evident to others you've allowed sharing with, and it may even show up automatically in the text string of each person you've previously authorized sharing with. I'm not familiar with the spoofing thing Gotta Be Damned pointed out, but as he said please let us know if it works.
  • Nidan111
    3 years ago
    I don’t. Keep it simple stupid.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion