tuscl

Let's get serious. What condiment do you like on your burger?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
1) mayonnaise
2)mustard
3) Ketchup
4) thousand island
5) secret sauce

First let's hear from Bruce Willis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYzOFfl2…

I seem to alternate between mustard and mayonnaise but never ketchup. I hate the fucking secret sauces that the fast food joints use. That is all you can taste.

39 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    A smear of yellow mustard and then I dip it in a pool of heinz like a chicken tender.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Ketchup, mustard, pickles and tomato.

No secret sauce, some mayo is ok on occasion. It seems since I moved to the south I see a lot more people using mayonnaise than I ever did growing up in New England.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    RickDugan like my special sauce on his burger 🤠😉
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Ketchup and onions I'm a traditionalist, don't care for pickle
    Occasionally some Pico de Gallo
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Is there an "other" choice that isn't secret sauce?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I hate ketchup. It makes the whole fucking thing taste like ketchup. It's a Chicago thing. I don't even keep the stuff in my house.

On a burger: mustard, lettuce, onions, pickles, and tomayo.

On a sausage: mustard, relish, onions, celery seed.

Mayo only on a club, never a burger. Come to my backyard cookout and ask me to put mayo on your sausage and I'm gonna drown you in the fucking pool.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Mayo on a sausage is a venal sin.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Ketchup mostly
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I prefer bareback - no condiments...

But seriously, burgers require ketchup. Lots of ketchup for both the burger and the fries.

Another question - does anyone spell it catsup?
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    How ever they do it at the Big Kahuna Burger :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnb_3ibU…
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    I'm with Jimmy "The Tulip". Hate mayo on burgers, or anything else for that matter. I'm a ketchup & mustard guy, occasionally take relish or dill pickle.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Excellent thread - I can't count how many times I've laid awake at night pondering this question; and I'm sure I'm not in the minority.

Not really into condiments in the sense that I have to have a particular one on my burger - I'm a cheese lover thus will try to have my burger w/ cheese whenever possible; I'm also a bacon-lover (duh) and will usually opt for bacon but it's not a must - other than that, I like sauteed-onions but not a must-have (don't like raw-onions) - tomato and pickles if they already come w/ the burger but o/w I may not ask for it - I'll usually opt for mayo - thus in order of importance for burger-condiments:

+ cheese
    + bacon
    + mayo
    + sauteed-onions
    + tomato
    + pickles
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    i had one guy ask for mayo on his sausage when I lived in Chicago. This Albanian motherfucker. Both he and his brother were scumbags, and I had to make sure everything valuable was locked up before they came and inventory whatever was left out beforw they left. They came because I invited their twin sisters and mother. The mother was a 6' tall redheaded workout junkie who was slim and toned as any bikini model. The sisters were dead ringers for Mariska Hargitay. I slept with the mother on many occasions (she was widowed), and started sleeping with the elder twin after she left for college about an hour west. I never got the hat trick before I left, though. Pity.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    BBQ sauce, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickles. If I am out of BBQ sauce I'll add some Miracle Whip and mustard.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Ketchup. Lots of ketchup.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Cheddar or American cheese
    Grilled onions and mushrooms
    Bacon
    Tomato
    Heinz 57 or BBQ sauce

On my fries: malt vinegar
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Ketchup mustard pickle onion.

Although, I’m a big fan of in n out w the secret sauce, it’s probably because all their ingredients are always so fresh.

Btw you know is making some killer burgers lately? Applebee’s. They changed something recently and it’s a great fucking burger.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Cheese, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, never tomatoes. My favorite chain burger: Five Guys.
  • ancientlurker
    4 years ago
    Meat hot sauce. Which might be a clue to where I'm located.
  • hamster80
    4 years ago
    Ketchup, mustard, and diced onions.....exactly like a good old fashioned McDonalds cheeseburger!
  • bubba267
    4 years ago
    Mayo, tomato and lettuce. Ketchup just overpowers my tastebuds now.
  • DenimChicken
    4 years ago
    Trash. All of those options.
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    Ketchup and BBQ sauce.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    If it's a really good patty, i go without condiment. otherwise ketchup and mustard.

i do similar with steak. i.e. good steak = no steak sauce etc.

i actually do the same with pulled pork i.e. good pulled pork = no bbq sauce. that one's much more controversial with my friends.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Cheese, cheese, and more cheese.

Well... as far as actual condiments, just mayo and mustard. So as long as they don't completely drown the burger in it to the point where you can't take a small bite without squeezing a glop of whatever out of the other end.
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    Horseradish! Generic steak sauce surprisingly does wonders as well. Leave the mayo, catsup and yellow mustard to the kids.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    in-n-out double double is one of my top ten.
    a rare fuddruckers bare ass naked without the top bun is another top ten.
    on a homemade burger... cooked rare with both mustard and ketchup on the side. provolone cheese and a smear of mayo and relish is nice.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Prefer a nice sturdy bun.... either Brioche or Pretzel.

I like two slices of cheese; one on bottom of bun one on top. Type varies but, Swiss or Provolone are favorites.

Smear of raw horseradish on the bottom; Ketchup (the newer "Real" style tastes best:

https://www.amazon.com/Hellmanns-Ketchup…

on the top. Two rings of raw onion also on the top. Two thin slices of hard salami (kinda like a Roman Burger) on the bottom.

Insert 1/2 pound angus beef burger cooked medium rare.

Stuff in face.......

Simple is good too.... you Detroit boys know Miller's on Michigan?
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    I forgot to specify ‘animal style’ on my in-n- out double double.
    as I understand it the patties are cooked in a mustard sauce, grilled onions are added along with a few pickle slices. I sprinkle on some black pepper as I work my way through the burger and maybe a dab or two of ketchup on a few individual bites.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    if I think about it... before I leave the house I’ll take some bacon with me in a baggie and put the bacon on my In-N-Out Burger. it doesn’t happen very often because I usually buy my food on impulse when I am away from home.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    almost as nice as eating some nice pussy.
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Ketchup and Musterd and pickles
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    It depends.

Steak sauce

Mustard mayo ketchup

Mayo and ketchup

Mayo and guacamole

Always onion and tomato.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I like classic buns or wonder bread.
    Cheddar or pepperjack
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "I seem to alternate between mustard and mayonnaise but never ketchup. "

Same here.
    I grilled a couple half pound burgers Monday.
    First one for lunch was on a toasted whole wheat bun with extra sharp cheddar cheese, tomato out of my garden, hot pepper rings, topped with mayo. Had a baked potato topped with butter and seasoned salt with it.
    I ate the second one later for dinner, same formula above except that time topped with mustard instead of mayo.

I also like onions on my burger but didn't have any in the house.

• RagingCeltik
    4 years ago
    Best surprise burger I've had was bacon, sunny-side up egg, and some peanut butter spread on the top bun. It's way better than you'd think it'd be at first glance.

Otherwise can't go wrong with bacon, sautéed mushrooms, Swiss, and some Heinz 57.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    I like all of them. The condiment I use depends on what other toppings I'm having. Lettuce and tomato goes with mayo.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    omg. i’m getting hungry.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    If you want sometjing different. A turkey burger with grilled pineapple mayo and teriyaki sauce.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion