tuscl

The politics forum

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:27 PM
I've deleted 2 front room posts today that were political in nature I propose we do away with the separate political room. All in favor? Against? I personally don't care, you guys decide.

62 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    There are several people on this board that just can't help themselves but talk political crap. I say keep it so that if I want to ignore that shit, I can just not go on that board.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    I say keep it
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    IF it were an option, my vote would be keep the political room, all political posts in Front Room get moved there
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    I am not here for politics. I am here for naked women.
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    Keep it pls
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @founder “Politics is everywhere” Formal politics is the operation of a constitutional system of government and publicly defined institutions and procedures. Informal politics is understood as forming alliances, exercising power and protecting and advancing particular ideas or goals. Generally, this includes anything affecting one's daily life, such as the way an office or household is managed, or how one person or group exercises influence over another. Informal Politics is typically understood as everyday politics, hence the idea that "politics is everywhere. Keep the Political Discourse group and move there anything you want. Don’t just delete the Discussion, some of us have accidentally posted a Political Discussion on the front room.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Please keep it. There's a reason that polite conversation usually excludes politics and religion. And if people get reminded that the political forum exists, it'd be amazing if certain other users could stop getting butt hurt about it.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I don't want to babysit and move posts. I think with mute discussion we only need one board.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    founder: does the forum software allow you to appoint a mod with more limited powers, who could do this for you?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I use the "All views" to see all rooms at once - if you can have a filter where one can enable which rooms one can view (so one can view multiple rooms at once while not viewing certain rooms), then I'd say keep it, o/w it doesn't make a difference to me personally since I'm gonna see it anyway b/c I wanna see discussions in multiple rooms.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    A second on Subraman's suggestion.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    I agree with Papi. I'm always in the combined room so it doesn't matter to me. I'm going to see everything anyway, except for the dipshits I have on ignore and the Dressing Room. No need for a politics room. I don't see the need for separate VIP and Verified rooms either. Or the TJ either. Front Room, Dressing Room, and VIP makes sense.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    I say keep the politics room and leave it separate from regular discussions.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Keep the political room. Having a separate forum for politics helps to keep the most political posts away from stripper-related posts.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    Please keep the political room.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    I vote to KEEP separate political forum; most blog/commenting boards have a forum SEPARATE from their main topics for off-topic posts. I also vote that founder NOT be responsible for policing compliance or moving posts wrt individual posts. Most members respect the division [ it might help if, as some have suggested, that there be a drop-down list of rooms/forums when Post Your Comment is clicked to eliminate accidental mis-posting] The biggest problem is with commentators turning a vanilla front room post into a political flame war. My solution is to put these 'I must turn everything into a political fight' people on ignore. Periodically, I check on their front room comments and if they cease politicizing everything I take them off ignore; otherwise they stay on it. However, as with every other discussion forum or website that allows comments some people will test the limits and deliberately break the rules. Founder should be the VERY LAST resort and only to ban/band these folks. Before that happens, members starting topics should freely use mute to suppress these politicizers. Other members put these folks on ignore. It also means *we shouldn't be messaging founder complaining* about member XX.
  • Musterd21
    4 years ago
    I say keep it but I will vote however Nicespice votes.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    founder "I don't want to babysit and move posts. *I think with mute discussion we only need one board.* LL only topic-starter has mute option; follow-on commentors can only ignore all posts by another member.
  • jestrite50
    4 years ago
    It doesnt matter to me ! You all vote what everyone wants. I only read what i want to anyway.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Please keep the Political Forum (or ban political discussions from a Strip Club Website).
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Keep Political Forum separate, please.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    If I may when you click start a discussion it takes you to the board you’re on, so you have to be cognizant to go to groups, select, then post. There is no option where to post the topic unless you do that. Might help if it was an option with posting with said rule clearly stated. Otherwise, to answer the question directly, don’t care. :)
  • PaulDrake
    4 years ago
    Seperate
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    i would get rid of political forum because of a few perma-trolls that are out of their minds may cause you problems. i dont give a fuck what they say,,,but you never know these days what their agenda is
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    you said.... your discussion boards are open,,,,, and Dont post stupid shit....... the troll's are stupid shit and just want to start a fight...... maybe ban them if you think it is for the good of this web site
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I try to be deliberate about which group I start a discussion post in, but when just logging on to scan discussion, I click on the main room and don't filter. I would keep it, though.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Don't matter to me.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    There are some interesting discussions in the political room, ones where we really have discussions instead of name-calling. They deserve a room of their own.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Wah, wah, wah said the progressive hypocrites, not honest enough to admit that they do what they claim to dislike in others. Whine and ban said the party members.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    I always go through the discussion board link rather than the groups link, so I wouldn't notice either way. The only upside I can think of is if it limits non-political threads from being hijacked.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    macht nichts.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Please keep it. Right now everything is politics because of the COVID-19 lockdowns, which I think is kinda' skewing things. But eventually we'll go back to normal and the same reasons you had to create it in the first place will still exist. I enjoy the option of having a place that SJG/CJK can't firebomb with 50 fucking political posts when I am trying to brag about paying hookers for sex. ;)
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    In case you haven't noticed current political policies are having a profound impact on the adult industry. These are not normal times. We have been thrust into a situation that makes North Korea seem like a free and open society. It seems like discussing this situation should be allowed if we really are in a "crisis" as we are being told. That doesn't seem like cra p in light of the current situation.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I'm going to continue Dave's comment in the political discussion group.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    I do political, but I don't find it difficult to go to a single section and sort through it. Perhaps a "feature" to have the discussion board auto sort with an option to "order" them upon going there?
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    I strongly prefer a separate politics room
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Status quo is working for me. Keep it the same until it exceeds your tolerance founder. I don’t think we’ll ever get to autopilot.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Seems Founder added a new Bookmark feature to TUSCL (or maybe I had not noticed it b/f)
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    Keep it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Also noticed that any TUSCLer w/o an avatar now has the first letter of his name for an avatar (instead of the previous silhouette) - I think it looks a little dorky - perhaps instead of the letter maybe have TUSCL spelled out as a default avatar
  • DINASOURDICKDAVE
    4 years ago
    Seems odd to censor a strip club website
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    Only reason to split the board is if both boards have enough traffic. That's one of the reasons why I didn't like the VIP/Verified split. The TJ board makes sense too since you get a decent number of threads in there that you don't have to worry about mucking up main board.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "Seems Founder added a new Bookmark feature to TUSCL (or maybe I had not noticed it b/f)" Squirrel! I saw it, too.
  • crazyjoe
    4 years ago
    "Only reason to split the board is if both boards have enough traffic. That's one of the reasons why I didn't like the VIP/Verified split. The TJ board makes sense too since you get a decent number of threads in there that you don't have to worry about mucking up main board." How do you know
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    The bookmark feature seems to be a rework/enhancement of the “following” feature. All of the clubs I was following are now bookmarked. You can now sort you favorite clubs by various criteria. I think it’s a nice addition! But the dancers I was following have disappeared. (Oh that sounds pervy!) Perhaps a similar page for dancers is Founder’s next site enhancement.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    That's the follows page You can find the link on your account page under edit follows
  • herbtcat
    4 years ago
    Completely uninterested in reading political posts here. So if you keep it, I won't have to see them in non-political forums. But let's call it the "Kids Table" though as it's full of childish brats who just want to argue.
  • DandyDan
    4 years ago
    You could repurpose it into a general off topic board. There are people here who will talk about sports, at least when there is sports.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    I'm all for keeping it. And the forums aren't the same without SJG....
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    @founder “That's the follows page You can find the link on your account page under edit follows“ Any chance we can get a direct button at the top of the screen for follows too? It was nice to not have to click through the profile page and quickly check if the members I’m following have posted.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    What icon should I use for "follows"?
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    I’d be fine with any. If you want creative suggestions, I’m not sure. The ⭐️ again would be fine. Footsteps? 🦶 🦶 Or a hand? 🖐
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I don't like the star. Too ambiguous. Feet and hands?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... What icon should I use for "follows ..." Maybe one of these 👉
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "...You could repurpose it into a general off topic board ..." 👍
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    Please keep the politics board.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    "What icon should I use for "follows"?" [view link]
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Please pick an icon from here [view link]
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    Ah, I get it now, Founder: “Bookmark” your Clubs, and “Follow” your Dancers. As for the icon for Dancers from your preferred site, I nominate the outlined heart. The flower might be an alternate.
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    Under Action: Either 'face' icon or open/filled heart icon
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    keep the political forum
  • Dominic77
    4 years ago
    Keep it. I don't know why we discuss politics so much. Probably because there are only so many SC topics we can discuss or already have discussed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion