tuscl

Facing an Awkward Truth

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
Who are our favorite movie villains lately? Hollywood gives us many to pick from but among the more common bad guys lately are Middle Eastern terrorists. After all, they’re in the news all the time for killing and maiming people around the world (and often even each other) over petty disagreements about the proper way to worship their idea of a god.

Who could love a bunch of disheveled, hate-fueled, bloodthirsty rag heads?

Not me for sure!

There must be something terribly wrong with the Middle Eastern culture, right? What else would explain why the Middle East is such a mess and why their principal exports are religious extremism, hate, terror and violence?

Kinda - sorta!

There is no question that the Middle East is not a happy place today. But anyone who has done any reading has to face up to another incongruous fact about the Middle East. The Middle East was the cradle of Western Civilization. Mathematics and the Western writing system were developed by the ancestors of the people we now call those dirty, murderous rag heads. It is no accident that the words “algebra” and “alphabet” have an Arabic ring to them. The first two letters of the Arabic alphabet are “alif” and “ba.”

“Alif, ba” ... sound familiar?

To add insult to injury, the leading religions of the Western World were developed in the Middle East by Bronze Age brown-skinned rag heads. Like it or not, Jesus undoubtedly resembled Osama bin Laden a lot more than than he looked like Donald Trump.

But everything changes eventually. The Western World, not the Middle East, has been at the leading edge of human advancement on a variety of scientific and technological fronts over the last few hundred years. But this is no guarantee that Western societies can or will continue to lead the way.

Everything changes eventually. If there is one thing we can say about all human endeavors it is that failure, not success, is the norm and when it success is achieved, it is always fleeting.

Civilizations rise and civilizations fall.

Don’t believe me? Just ask the rag heads.

If the idiocy and hatred that is awash in American society and much of the West today continues to grow, we will go the way of Nazi Germany. For those who haven’t heard, as things turned out blind, ignorant devotion to a demagogue who spewed hatred, divisiveness and a disdain for the rule of law was NOT the pathway to renewed national greatness and glory that the Nazis promised it would be.

But some people haven’t read history and some people just never learn.

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=3232

49 comments

• ime
    5 years ago
    I am sure that you would be a great new resident in one of these Middle Eastern countries you and your family should join them, as you clearly do not feel appreciated enough here. Especially basing your truth on lies. Fact is the last administration sewed more division and divisiveness than the current one. Please enjoy your continued viewing of CNN and MSNBC.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    You should consider bringing VHiv with you he is about the only the person who loves themselves about as much as you love you some you. But unfortunately in the middle east they throw queers like him off the roof every chance they get. Yes it sounds like a wonderful place.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @ime just curious as a legitimate centrist do you think that the behavior of our POTUS is exemplary or terrible?
  • ime
    5 years ago
    I dont think it is either, it doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    And you say centrist but you have made your hate for him clear, so dont even pretend to be some nonbiased rational person in regards to Trump.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Ok I can accept that but now here is the debate if you allow me to frame it.
    In my opinion one thing that seems to define any modern politician is the failure to act on anything except their own self preservation, let’s be realistic Trump is no different than any of the politicians that he constantly whines about as he is full of himself and never acts in any interest other than his own, whether it is with respect to the Ukraine, profiting from his position and a whole host of others basic stuff. He puts his personal needs ahead of anything you know it as well as all of us. He is a hypocrite that we will survive and come out of this stronger than before and people will be amazed at this era in America’s politics maybe even call it similar to the McCarthy era which eventually came to an end.
    We have just as much a right to voice our dislike of this man as you have, to like him, it’s when you start suggesting that your patriotism is stronger than ours you lose the argument we have earned our right to be here so my suggestion is you learn to accept it, we aren’t going to the Middle East or any place else we are staying right here and exercising our rights and privileges to be the patriots of the opposition, any suggestions to the contrary are unAmerican.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^^BTW dislike for Trump and his positions doesn’t make anyone left winger sorry buddy but Mr. Trump is not a conservative by any measure or imagined stretch of the definition.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Twentyfive just stop with the horseshit. You are a hypocrite who constantly says how bad and awful anyone who supports the president is and imply that your patriotism is better. Stop being a politician the lowest form of life and lying. Maybe you will change and act l I'll ke you want others too. For the record i didn't vote in 2016 aa both candidates were bad. But in 2016 i will vote, and its not a vote for its a vote against any of the awful unelectable current democrat candidates who is just trying to bribe everyone with their own money and everything free for everyone.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money”

-Alexis De Tocqueville
  • ime
    5 years ago
    No one cares about leftists being sorry, they have a tenous grasp on reality at best.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’m a hypocrite, really, you are nuckn futz, I’ve every right to my position whether you agree or not, you son are a lost cause, you can’t see the forest for the trees. It’s unfortunate for you and many others that are like you , naive and easily conned, even though I have pointed out to you that Donald J. Trump is nothing but a third rate con man, I guess P. T. Barnum was right.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Vhiv i occasionally hit the unignore in a thread to see what was posted. Of course it is you being the same pussy limped dick faggot, so i just should have kept scrollong. You are why he is getting re-elected neck yourself you cringey bastard.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I do agree if he is re-elected it will be because of the left wing loudmouths, that are just as stupid as the right wing jackasses
  • ime
    5 years ago
    25 i havent said you shouldnt have an opinion,but youre the one who is un this thread is saying that opinions that dint match yours on the president are wrong. Hypocrite.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    No @ime I didn’t say that those whose opinion didn’t match mine were wrong what I said was if you can’t see the facts that are there right under your nose you’re delusional and just because I didn’t agree with you that I shouldn’t be here but somehow dislike and/or distaste for a truly shitty individual should send me to the Middle East or leave my country, that is what you’re espousing with your statements about the cult of Donald J Trump, and it is a cult
  • ime
    5 years ago
    I was talking specifically towards the reverend, but if you take everything literally on the internet enjoy your delusion. The whole Nazi's everywhere thing is ridiculous and it is stupid that the press puts it out there.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I have avoided your statements @VH because they are intentionally inflammatory and I don’t think you’re right either, but your style is scorched earth and I’m not interested in having a flame war with someone who refuses to concede the other guy has a right to an opinion other than your own.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Well twentyfive its is good to know that no matter your political viewpoint everyone can agree that vhiv is a worthless sack of shit.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ you really made my point for me buddy,
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    "It is no accident that the words “algebra” and “alphabet” have an Arabic ring to them. The first two letters of the Arabic alphabet are “alif” and “ba.”"

You're right about "algebra" coming from Arabic. But I think our word "alphabet" comes from the first two letters of the Greek alphabet: Alpha, beta.

Speaking of math, I think it's time to ban the teaching of Arabic numerals in public schools.

https://www.sciencealert.com/more-than-h…

• CC99
    5 years ago
    What movies have you been watching lately? I don't even remember the last time I saw a movie featuring a muslim as a villain and I watch a lot of movies at the theaters. It's all been aliens in comic book movies or criminal organizations in fast and furious movies.

I think progressives ironically live in the past. They talk as if issues that were resolved 10 years ago, 50 years ago, or apparently even 100 years ago are still relevant today.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    My favorite movie villain of the last few decades is Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto). Because he's *right*.

As a member of subtly (though not to the degree some others are) persecuted minority in the U.S., I feel him.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    Jackslash,

The Greeks didn’t start from scratch when devising their alphabet. In the late ninth century BC or early eighth century BC, the Greek alphabet emerged. The Greeks adopted theor alphabet from the earlier Phoenician alphabet, one of the closely related scripts used for the West SEMITIC languages.

Our alphabet’s heritage can definitely be traced to ancient Arabic writing systems.

I studied Hebrew when I was in grad school. The names of the first two letters in the Hebrew alphabet are “alef” and “bet.” That’s when I first realized from where our alphabet had been derived.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    ^Lmao as if progressives will ever let that happen! They will keep harping on racism and xenophobia until people get so frustrated with them they literally resurrect it from the grave despite it having been driven almost entirely to extinction.

You think its a coincidence that racial tensions got worse under Obama? Its because of the fucking SJWs trying to make everything about race. Conservatives have been trying to say that race is unimportant for decades now. It was progressives who insisted on making it a national problem again.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    If you guys (specifically talking to VH and ime) would quit calling each other names and stick to debate on issues, this board would be a lot more pleasant place.

I am a registered Republican, but I haven't voted that way since
    W left office. I consider myself a fiscal conservative and a social liberal (weird combo, I know) Trump has been a disaster in almost every one of his policies. He has a couple policies where I think he's on track, but even those have caused friends a lot of anguish.

Basically, this nation has been built by immigrants. Einstein, von Braun, ...hell, there are damn few of us who can trace our family histories in this nation more than three generations back. The time to start reducing our carbon footprints passed about 50 years ago. Think it's not going to get worse? Try reading the reports on increased global temperature rises as more of the Arctic permafrost melts and releases trapped methane into the atmosphere. Solving, even denting these problems is going to require leadership with real vision and a commitment to do some hard things. I don't really see it on either side of the aisle, but I can see who'll make it worse faster.

My view is that DT is purely a self-serving lout. He needs to go, and soon.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    If anything, SJWs represent a regression in human evolution.

https://medium.com/@even.aesphasian/on-w…

SJWs are probably the least courageous people I've ever seen. There's nothing courageous about agreeing with everyone around you, virtue signalling on Twitter, and demanding that the college administration prevent you from ever having to hear opposing viewpoints.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    And when VH_Kicks calls someone a "deplorable commie beta cuck" --- oops.

By the way, you seem to really be counting on those 2018 midterm results. You know I voted for the Democrats in 2018? It seems you have not considered that extreme behavior on the left might have caused people to switch sides.

@FLF

I have good reasons for opposing the SJW lynch mob. I've already told people that you don't count as an SJW unless you are attempting to use accusations of all the various "isms" to win an argument and doxxing people. SJWs want to destroy your life if you disagree with them.

If someone's goals align with mine. What do you think I'll tell them? Don't agree with me? That would be foolish. Following the herd is when you blindly support whatever the people around you believe.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago

@Reverend wrote: "If the idiocy and hatred that is awash in American society and much of the West today continues to grow, we will go the way of Nazi Germany"

________

+1

I used to wonder how Germany allowed Hitler to rise into power. But the answer is more obvious now: fear, idiocy, and hatred.

Recent article about how Hitler pioneered ‘Fake News’

https://nyti.ms/2ptRcZS

Sound familiar?

• reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I e told my kids ever since they were 5 years old, there was nothing uniquely evil about Germany that allowed the Nazis to thrive. It could happen anywhere including in the USA.

To believe otherwise is to misapprehension history and human nature.

Humans share 98% of their chromosomes with chimpanzees. When humans are scared or angry (or both) our genetic heritage really shows!
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    ^^ “misapprehend”

Not enough coffee in my system yet.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Yeah you keep bringing up those midterms. Both my dad and I voted democrat in those midterms. Both my dad and I are planning to vote for Trump in 2020.

If you are gonna bring age into this. I am just about 100% certain I am younger than you are. I am 21 years old, at a large, public college, studying a liberal arts degree in a field absolutely dominated by liberal ideology and that has only intensified my disagreement with how the left has been acting. If you are relying on the boomers dying off to bring about democrat victory then you may be in for a rude awakening. The baby boomers were extremely liberal when they were young in their 20s. I mean they were the hippie generation for fuck's sake. Millennials and Gen Z are mostly going to be conservatives when they are 60 as well. Especially given the backlash and resentment by many towards how the school system has tried to brainwash us.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Now children, no need to call names....

Oh, wait, this is the politics room....

Sigh, well then, go ahead

Turns people off from listening to your input though

Just sayin
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Yeah they're liberal now. But there's nothing to suggest they are gonna stay that way. Boomers were ridiculously liberal when they were in their 20s. This was the generation that won you that racial equality that you don't seem to appreciate. And support for Republicans is rising among young white men because surprise surprise a lot of us don't like getting demonized for what my great great grandfather did.

What arguments of mine are "Hannity talking points?"
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Proving my point about progressives living in the past by bringing up Shit from almost a century ago as if it has any relevancy to what's going on today.

Your party's desperation to get Trump impeached before 2020 says otherwise.

Bring it on. We'll see who wins this election.

#MAGA
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I always vote for an American who loves America so I vote for myself ort a Republican and shit on every democrat, but only after drinking 14 darft beers and eating 11 tacos. VH lol you fucking pussy. You're a tool loser. Wah, wah, wah, internm,ent camps, brought to you by THE DEMOCRATS you stupid fucking homo cunt.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    ^Japan is literally my favorite country in the world and even I think the internment argument is weak. Judging a country in 2019 by what it did in the 1940s is absurd. Every country's government was full of assholes in the 1940s, it was a rough time. And the world looks absolutely nothing like it did back then. And even as a Japanophile I will readily admit that any bad things America's government did in the 1940s were nowhere near as bad as what Japan's government at that time did. But I always tell anti-weebs that what happened in the 1940s is completely irrelevant to today and I apply that logic to both the United States and Japan. I care about what's going on, today, in 2019.

Also makes the white nationalism argument really fucking stupid when the country I think the world should look up to isn't even a white one. My opposition to progressives' race politics comes from the fact that they've institutionalized and think its okay to demonize and be racist towards white people while claiming that they are the anti-racist ones.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    VD_Kicks, please tell us if Trump gets re-elected, which he almost certainly will with guys like you around, will you leave TUSCL for good?

Can Founder delete your account if that happens?
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    @VH_Kicks: "And trust me, when President Biden is making his victory laps in all the battleground states --- the rest of America will shipping you Deplorable Pieces of Shit right to a North Korean sex slave factory."

I'm fairly certain Trump has visited one of these establishments. Question is, did the North Koreans take videos of the golden showers he received there and are they holding it against him, like Russia is.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Besat aprt of watching the democrats lose will be VH taking it up the ass in prison with all those assholes whom he adores. If VH votes for a democrat why would a human being? To be fair no matter who wins life goes on as usual for all of us; great for me; pathetically sad for Vh. The impotent rage you show is hysterically funny VH; having a flaccid wiener is very progressive though.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I can’t help but wonder how we got to this point. It’s not new that some people like the POTUS while others who voted for the other guy don’t. But the current level of empty-headed hatred and demonization (on both sides) is astounding.

Read the comments on this post. They are not atypical of what passes for “political discourse” in America today.

Yet, there is virtually no political discussion going on. Instead, there is just a nonstop stream of vilification devoid of factual comment about what the POTUS or his detractors have promoted, demoted, done, failed to do, said or failed to say, whether they have delivered on their promises or failed miserably.

Whether you love Trump and hate Obama or the other way around, if you think either of them is a piece of shit, we should all thank our lucky stars that someone like Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong Un, Duterte or Erdoğan isn’t in the White House (yet).

But if we cant be bothered to bone up on the facts (instead of listening passively to all the horse shit flavored pablum that people like Hannity, Chris Cuomo, Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow routinely deliver), then we all richly deserve what’s coming to us.

Bend over, America!
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    One of the best parts of being in my sixties is watching the left "win" America in the classic pyrrhic victory. We are on the road to civil war. Assume we are headed towrds the 1856 election redux. The Democrats will nominate Joe (James Buchanon) Biden and within four years violence will explode.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Holy shit @FLF your single minded obsession with me is growing by the day. Do you follow my page or something? Perhaps I should send you a wax figure of myself for you to stick your dick inside.

@RHB

It's no surprise people have come to dislike progressives given that their prime strategy with regards to all debates since 2013 has been to scream "that's offensive! You can't say that! You're racist! You're a misogynist!"

I can't wait for 2020 so I can experience the deep satisfaction of bubbling in Trump's name on the voter ballot.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Skibum, it's the right which is bringing civil war upon itself.

And actually it was Southerners who caused Lincoln to win in 1860. At the Democratic Convention they demanded "a slave code for the West", meaning the areas not yet admitted as states, and trying to nullify the Free State Constitutions, like California's.

So when they did not get this, they followed the lead of the Senator from Mississippi, Jefferson Davis, and they walked out.

So they formed their own Southern Democratic Party, thus guaranteeing the the new Republican Party, always a Northern only party, would win.

And Lincoln had pledged that he would not interfere with slavery where it was now practiced. But still, by the time he took the oath of office in March, 7 states had announced their intent to secede. The remaining four followed suite when Lincoln required that they supply troops to put down the rebellion in the Charleston area.

Southerners started the Civil War, and it was just because they were so pig headed.

Lincoln held to his pledge too, up until the point that it became untenable when England and France were preparing to give diplomatic recognition to the Confederacy, so that they could jump in.

England had already tried to break up the US during the War of 1812. And France was being ruled by that Louis Napoleon III who already had his puppet Maximilian in Mexico.

SJG
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    Rev, it’s obvious the divisiveness is being spear-headed by the orange ape. Those dictators you list are what the ape wishes to be. He already is, in this sense. He’s got the entire Republican Party scared shitless to cross him in any way, shape or form, or he blasts them publicly and threatens to destroy their careers. Today’s Republicans have no balls, unlike John McCain, who stood up to the draft-dodging coward. Or even George HW Bush, who publicly declared he voted for Clinton.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    The Right, or real Americans as they are know are defening America from a foreeign invasion caused byu the despicable vermin called the left. It was the voters that caused Lincoln to win and the difference in population totals between North and South. Nice lie. As there is nothing in the Constitution that prevcents seccession the war between the States was caused by the North, and the next one will be as well. Luckily the second amendment changes the equation. Imagine when Democrats lose again; try to cheat as they have against Bush and right now; and lose because they suck at cheating. They suck at everything that takes an effort and isn't handed to them.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ All I know is that this morning they are reporting that Trumps farm bailout, (the necesity of which was caused by the guy who said trade wars are easy to win) have now cost more than double what the automobile bailout cost and the folks that hollered like stuck pigs are silent here, the deficit is now twice as high as it was when Mr. Obama left office
    So someone please remind me what a conservative Mr. Trump is, really.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Not one Conservative believes almost lifelong Democrat Trump is one of us. Tariff's are simply blow jobs for unions and democrats are the ones on their knees for these lazy leeches. By the way when you say "they" are reporting do you mean real news sources or more left wing bullshit sources like CNN?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ market watch
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Blaming Trump for the current level of political divisiveness is oversimplifying it. Yes, he took advantage of the divided climate to get elected and has fanned the flames since being elected but it takes two to tango. I do long for the days of a more unified country but I’m not sure many of the Democrats see it that way. Biden and Buttigieg have indicated they want to unify but not many others.

Trump is spectacularly bad at his job though but he does enough things that republicans like that they ignore everything else while he continues to lower the bar.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    If the Democrats could figure out a way to steal our tax money and use it to buy a clue they would realize that Trump is President because the United States is a centrist/right capitalist country. Its not going to be progressive or socialist, unless Americans are diluted by foreigners from failed states. Its why illegal aliens mean more to the Democrats than their white, blue collar, unionized former base. They don't want to win, they want to destroy America and make it over in their vision. Run someone like Joe Manchin and lifelong Republicans like me vote for him. Run assholes like Warren, Sanders and Biden and lose to fucking Donald Trump again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion