tuscl

What to do if over-charged?

AirPilot95
New York
Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:14 PM
You're positive it's been three songs, but the dancer says six and demands $ 150. What should you do? Refuse to pay? Ask to talk to the manager? Just pay and then leave?

32 comments

• rogertex
    5 years ago
    Pay only for 3 and state I'll talk to the manager now if needed. Common ROB trick to scan money out of unsuspecting customers.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    ^ scam
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    If you’re certain, absolutely refuse to pay. Its pretty hard to confuse 3 for 6. Sometimes I think it’s 2 and she say 3, or something like that, and since I often don’t know the music that’s playing I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. But if I’m certain of the song count, I won’t pay any more than the actual dance count. What’s the worst that can happen? Some beefy bouncer might beat the shit out of you and throw you outside in the gutter.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Agree with @rogertex, pay for the three dances (and tip if warranted) and ask to speak to the manager. Please make sure you put your pants on and close your zipper.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    A tip is never warranted if she tried to cheat you.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Stand your ground ask to speak to the manager, sometimes the bouncers are acting in cahoots with the dancer, but it's very unlikely that a manager will be involved, usually asking to talk to the manager will make the dancer back down.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... A tip is never warranted if she tried to cheat you ..." +1000 - that's almost as bad as paying the over-count I pay for 3 and leave the dance-area back to the main-room - absolutely no use in trying to come to an understanding bc ROBs plainly just don't give a fuck. Getting a manager is a crapshoot as to whose side he takes - strip clubs are bizarro-world and don't operate like a regular business - many managers are douches themselves and are sometimes fucking the dancers themselves - I don't get anyone involved bc I don't trust anyone in a strip club whether it's dancers, staff, or other custies - not saying they're all bad people but you never know who's who - if the club wants me to pay it's up to them to prove how many dances I got - show me the video and how much time elapsed during my dances - plus the manager wasn't there and doesn't know what went down so how is he gonna take the custy's side - bottom line one needs to grow a pair - girls do this bc many PLs cave and pay-up - most of the time they are bluffing about getting a bouncer or a manager and say it to scare the PL into paying up - some of these ROBs already have a bad-rep in the club and don't wanna get staff involved; or they don't wanna get a bad rep for always having conflicts with custies.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Being into variety I get dances from lots of different dancers thus kinda increasing my odds of running into an over-counter - thus my M.O. is to tell her to let me know every time she starts a new song (in part bc in the clubs I hit the songs are often bled together and not easy to notice the break) - in most mixed clubs I hit the DJ only talks in b/w songs so one can kinda key off of that, but in the black dives I hit the DJ often talks whenever and often talks continuously over the music.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    This happened to me at Chicas Locas in Houston last week. The first girl I got dances from claimed it was 4 dances instead of 2. I had only been there 5 minutes, didn’t even have a buzz, and knew the two songs. I “discussed” the situation with her for about 30 seconds, but when she tried to argue, I just handed her two twenties (dances were $20 each) and walked off. She didn’t get staff involved and I didn’t have problems with any of the other girls.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    Can be friggin hard with the way the djs mix these songs.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I basically just tell them before I go in how much I’m gonna pay them. I pay them only that amount.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    bottom line. just fucking walk out.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    “I basically just tell them before I go in how much I’m gonna pay them.” The problem with this approach is you might decide she’s giving half-assed dances and you want to bail. I don’t want to commit to more than one dance up front. Except in Atlanta, the land of $10 dances. I may say I want a couple of dances.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    ^^^ true, but I see a 2 dance minimum to start as an investment in my education of said dancer. If I like, then VIP with her. If I don’t like, then I move on.
  • boomer79
    5 years ago
    Yeah I say I’ll do 2 and after that I will verbally confirm I want another song and the number after that. I’m not a huge dance buyer though. I like to spend money on VIP and if they tried to rip me off dances in Atlanta are 10 bucks each. They could congratulate themselves on beating me out of 20 bucks but guaranteeing they wouldn’t make 200. If it’s not too much I’d pay them, tell them I disagree, and basically say good riddance to them.
  • SmashingHoes
    5 years ago
    Refuse to pay and leave the premises. If management and security try to impede your exit or want to utilize violence, threaten them with a lawsuit. A majority of managers and owners dont want unnecessary media attention as numerous strip clubs are simply money laundering fronts for the mafia.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    For situations like that where I'm confident she's being a ROB and not genuinely confused about the actual count, I pay my count and not a penny more. Definitely no tip. I don't request a manager or report it to a manager or anything, I just pay what I owe and move on with my day. Sometimes that means going back to my seat and getting more dances from someone else, other times it means leaving. When its closer or I'm otherwise not sure, I play it by ear. If I think 5 and she thinks 6 and there's reason to question my count, be it alcohol, music selection, memorizing hotness, then I may just pay her number. A tip is highly questionable in that scenario, but not out of the question. Most likely I'd still tip just maybe a bit less. A lot of times the difference would come out in the tip anyway. 5x $25 dances are $125, if they were good dances there's a good chance Id' be giving her $160 anyway so I'd probably give her that and instead of a $35 tip now she's getting $10, she may make an extra $5 by trying to overcount.
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    5 years ago
    Always do one more thing, report the ROB here.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I will sometimes take the time to speak w/ a manager mainly in case it helps out the next-guy - i.e. many PLs not only just pay up, but won't say anything to anyone and the ROB can keep ROBing in anonymity per se - my speaking w/ the manager is mainly to let him know the shit she's pulling so she's on his radar and in the future if there an issues b/w her and a custy the manager knows it's a pattern w/ her - I don't necessarily feel the manager will give a shit but IMO it makes sense a somewhat decent manager would care b/c ROB dancers do affect the club's biz (plenty of newbies react to a ROB episode by blaming the club and saying "I'm never going back to that place"). The small black clubs I hit song-count can often be an issue either b/c it can be hard to tell the song-breaks, and over-counting is not that uncommon (not the norm but happens to me more than at the mixed-clubs) - I usually have my cell-phone next to me vs in my pocket so at times I'll just enable the stopwatch feature of the phone in order for me to keep track of the songs vs having to be placing close attention to the song-breaks - using the stop-watch I am as certain as I can be about how many dances it was vs wondering if I counted correctly - it also helps in that w/ some over-counters I've showed them the stop-watch detailing the amount of time she had danced for me (basically letting her know I was keeping track); most of them play dumb sorta "oh ok I thought we had done X dances" but some of the harder-core ROBs still don't give a shit and want the over-payment - but I like using the stopwatch at times if anything as a sanity-check in case I may be confused (again more of an issue in the black clubs I hit b/c songs at times are all over the place in terms of length and depending on the DJ he can play a song for less than a minute and the other be 2.5 minutes and it be all over the place making it harder to keep track vs having a club that plays almost all the songs around the same-length which makes it easier to estimate how many dances you've done).
  • JohnSmith69
    5 years ago
    Just keep count of the songs as you go. After each song ends confirm how many songs up to that point. I almost always do this with a dancer that I don’t know. But if I got overcharged 3 songs no fucking way I’m gonna pay it. I’d tell her I’ll pay for 3, and she can get the manager to come and collect the rest.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Some good advice here. I like the notion of agreeing to 2 dances at first, but the only problem with that is if song one sucks then I'd want to end it right then and there, fuck paying for another shitty dance. I've had a problem with this one time in my time as a PL and I think I'll just take the advice that another person suggested: have her ask if you want to keep going after each song. The honest dancers do that already anyway.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    If I know I only got 3 songs, then I pay her for 3 and tell her to get a manager if she doesn't like it. I also ask new-to-me dancers to tell me when a new song starts.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Bottom line one can't be a pussy in strip clubs bc dancers and staff will often walk all over you
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    I've never head a dancer come back with double the number of songs I'm thinking, unless my count was one and hers was two. Like the others have said, I'd just pay what I thought was the number unless I know I lost count. If the dancer knows you've got the count and you're confident about it, it's unlikely she'll press it unless she pissed off about something else. Every once in a great while I'll let my mind wander and not track the songs. But usually in those cases the dancer has, too, and we just pick a number to agree to.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I always confirm every other song and the two times it has happened I said to the bouncer: "I aam being accused of theft of services so when the police get here we can discuss this further". They then throw you out, after you paid for what you receive. This hasn't happened to me for 22 years because I confimr every other song. In a black club where they mix and run songs I tell the dancer I want two dances so stop the.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    good idea to set your alarm or timer or stopwatch if you can.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    I confirm the count every song too, as some others here do. I haven’t had a problem since I started doing that years ago. But I did run into that some years ago. I was certain that she overcounted and I called her on it and paid for the dances we had and walked out. I go to clubs to relax and enjoy myself. If there is any reason whatsoever that I’m not having a good experience, I don’t mind walking out the door without extending the drama further.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Kick them in the balls
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    This happened to me, once at a fancy place in Los Angeles, 3 dances, she said 5 dances, I said no way, 3 only. I refused to pay and she called one of the Bouncers, who ask me to step outside, in the lobby after we discussed the situation for a few minutes, he took her side, but didn’t know how to force me to pay. In the lobby the bouncer said I can’t get back in unless I pay the dancer. I didn’t wanted to leave, because I had paid to get in and asked the guy at the door to call the manager. The “manager” came and I said very serious: “Am I going to have to call the boys in blue to solve this situation?”, (being overcharged and asked to leave). The dancer and the bouncer went back in as soon as I mentioned th “boys in blue” The manager then said, no need to call the cops, and he let me back in and asked me just to not talk to the dancer or the bouncer, and enjoy myself. My guess is that a lot of bouncers and strippers don’t want to deal with the law... After that experience, I learned to count along with the dancer to make sure there is no miscounting.
  • chiefwiggum
    5 years ago
    I act nice first and just offer the money that is owed. If I get attitude, I'm like bring it on, get the manager and the bouncer (half the clubs I go to they count anyway). However, 100% of the time, management has sided with me (I guess I have just one of those faces). I don't trust bouncers because half the time they're in on it with the dancer (unless you tip him first, something I also rarely do). Most of the time, I get a pissed off dancer. My last iffy time was a few years back in Niagara Falls area. I was like go ahead and she talked shit about me to the other dancers. If things get heated like a couple time with my friends, I wholly agree to walk out.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Whatever you do, don't give in. It just encourages the ROB.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... Pay the 3 and quickly walk out. Auto start your ride and get the fuck out of there as quickly as possible ..." IDK - this makes you look as if you are the guilty party and "trying to get away" and if they see you trying to leave the club they'll assume it's bc you are trying to skip on paying her - I stay there and handle it and stand my fucking ground w/ whomever.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion