tuscl

Favorite Band/Musical Artist Ever

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Who is yours? Just can name one, no need for a 3 paragraph explanation why (hint hint SJG), but a short statement why would be nice.

$10 Juice says Riff Raff, 4Got picks the Butthole Surfers and LDK82 picks Boy George.

53 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Gotta be Elvis, or Chuck Berry.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Very difficult to name just one.

I’d say U2 - but that’s just throwing a name out there.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    Led Zeppelin

My favorite album is Led Zeppelin 2

Favorite song: Since I’ve Been Loving You

Reason: I can play almost all their albums from start to finish and it never gets old. Timeless music
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    I'm gonna go with Led Zeppelin too.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Black sabbath slayer exodus i am a metal head
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    ^ Suicidal Tendencies!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    X or Madness
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    SirDance....what’s one of your all time favorite Zeppelin songs?
  • There are too many
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    Wheeler Walker Jr.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I'm trying to think of what band/artist takes up the most songs on my iPod. I don't know where my iPod is, but I'm assuming 2Pac is the leader. He is probably the artist with the sheer number of songs I regularly listen to.

As far as bands, I have a lot of Red Hot Chili Peppers on my iPod.

I have always loved Janis Joplin. She is the reason I ever drank Southern Comfort.

I think Whitney Houston is the best singer ever, and listen to a lot of her stuff, too.

I really could go on and on, from genre to genre, but I'll finish where I started and say that 2Pac probably holds the crown for me.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    @GoVikings there are so many!

Kashmir
    Over the Hills and Far Away
    Ramble On
    Custard Pie
    Battle of Evermore
    The Song Remains the Same
    Whole Lotta Love
    and of course Stairway (LOL DUH)
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    Single best? Santana.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    mainstream USA and Latino popularity.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    AC/DC - And that's with Brian Johnson as the lead singer, not Axl Rose.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    and certainly amongst my favorites.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    there is so much good music out there.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I was going to say Zeppelin - but I wasn’t sure if they were still considered at the top of the list. With all these new artists and rappers - I’m glad Zeppelin still rates up there.

In terms of artistry - Prince was pretty amazing too.
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    No contest, Pink Floyd of course. Truly unique in every way, superb musicians and imaginative tracks . I was luck to have seen the original line up twice - in the same week! Also in London a couple of years back when Gilmour made a special appearance at a Roger Waters gig. Led Zep are great too.

Most overrated - Bon Jovi and Van Halen, ok but overrated.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Dont know. Either eminem or adele. Nwa or wu tang could also be considered.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    I don't think I can answer it with just one.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    I’m going with Nine Inch Nails. Trent Reznor essentially created his own genre (or credited with making it popular) and I can still put on his first album “Pretty Hate Machine” and never get tired of it.

A lot of the stuff I listen to from the late 80s to early 00s now just sounds cheesy, where NIN does not.

I can see where Led Zep would be a popular choice also considering everyone’s age on here.

Nobody has mentioned the Beatles yet.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Jimmy Buffet.

He made, and still makes, a great career out of bad life decisions!

"A Pirate Looks At 40" is one of my favorite songs ever.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    Led Zeppelin was before my time but still #1. If I have to pick a band from my generation (X), then it is U2.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I like all of these posts.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    What? No rappers?
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Gotta go with Metallica. The Black Album was the first CD that I owned. To this day, it is one of my all-time favorites.
  • jsully63
    6 years ago
    Alman Brothers. Dreams, InMemory of Elizabeth Reed. Stormy Monday named my daughter after Melissa the list goes on. And if you the Allmans listen to King Cutis. Heavily influenced Duane and Gregg when they were young
  • grand1511
    6 years ago
    For this forum, I'm going to go with Bare Naked Ladies.
  • Cowboy12
    6 years ago
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Ludwig von Beethoven, followed closely by Waylon Jennings and Queen.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I'll take all of these artists posted and I'll have a playlist to last the rest of my life.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    GMD: Ludwig von Beethoven was the first thing that came to mind to me also, followed quickly by J.S. Bach, but I don’t really have a favorite artist “ever.” It’s context specific. In the context of strip clubs, it’s Light My Fire by The Doors.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    I’ll go with Led Zeppelin too. They still sound good after all these years.

I’ll give a shout out to Prince too.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Alman Brothers, sounthern rock, jam band at its best.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Lol Nina has an iPod. And here I thought I was the only person left that used those things. I still use me iPod Nano with WIRED headphones to exercise in! I’m a dinosaur.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    I still have my 80gb gen 1 ipod that is irreplaceable since i have tons of rare stuff and demos that i cant find anywhere anymore and not everything is on spotify or apple
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    Michel Jackson
    Earth, Wind and Fire and New Edition are 1 and 1A for me.

Shadow - Eminem, NWA and Wu Tang are rap artists.
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    KISS and Garth Brooks must be my favorites, based on they are who I own the most of.
  • GACA
    6 years ago
    Wrap: Kanye West or Lil Wayne.
    Metal: Guns N Roses
    Country Rock: Eagles
    Spanish: Jose Jose and song Despacito (remix with Justin Beiber)
  • Jdobbs84
    6 years ago
    The late Chris Cornell. Lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave. His vocals will never matched in my book.
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    I can definitely go with Chris Cornell, Jdobbs. I got to see Soundgarden right before his untimely death and it still makes me sad that he's gone. He had a great voice.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i had a lot of good music and pics on my ipod. then it got stolen. along with my computer and old iphone. lots of music on those devices. especially rock n roll of the 70s on. didn't have it on the cloud. :(
  • Jdobbs84
    6 years ago
    @dandydan it would have been awesome to see Chris Cornell. When was 16 I got in trouble and wasn't allowed to stay at my buddy's house and we was gonna go to lallapaloza and Soundgarden was playing.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Huh. I figured 'Lawrence Welk' would have a commanding lead here...
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    "Butthole surfers" - Brilliant!

Actually, Blur is probably my favorite pop/rock artist.

If we are talking classical and saying pick only one I probably love the works of Donizetti the most. As an active performer it is Netrebko.

I don't like rap/hip-hop. No disrespect and I tried listening as a teen but it's not brilliant in my book! Maybe Gorillaz but that isn't really hip-hop, it's artsy britpop guys doing an approximation of hip-hop. ;)
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    londonguy, are you talking original Pink Floyd as in the Barrett lineup? I didn't think you were old enough for that!
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Rolling Stones......but there are a fair amount of 1A's right behind them.
  • magicrat
    6 years ago
    I've got to go with The Boss
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I thought my NJ license might get revoked - as I didn’t mention Bruce. He’s got an impressive resume.
  • ButterMan
    6 years ago
    thats easy it would have to be prince.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion