tuscl

Donations

Timex345
Illinois
Wednesday, December 9, 2015 4:41 AM
I don't give a donation at the local convenience store when asked by the cashier because I feel my tax dollars already go to programs I don't agree with and really had no say in where my tax dollars go. Yes. I am a cold, heartless racist. Suck it liberals!

25 comments

• Clubber
    9 years ago
    Time, Exactly correct. I give to those I research and know. I used to have payroll take out for the united way. Did I did some checking, no longer do they get my money. Also, when charities decide that one's CHOICE is a disease, disability, whatever, forget them!
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    LOL, @ liberals. Suck it conservatives !! Just because I care for the human race doesn't oblige me to contribute whereever I am asked. I worked hard for my money. I had a great job. I spend my money how I want, when I want.
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Did everybody just gloss over the fact he admitted to being a racist? Everyone has the right to spend their money how they see fit but there are plenty of people who have those same beliefs but aren't racist.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Give money locally because your dollar will stretch a lot further. If you find someone in need that you know is struggling, offer to help out with money or time. Directly assisting people you are involved with, and telling them you'd like to help to me is way more effective since most people don't like to ask for help. I personally donate to every "Go Fund Me" account where i know the individual's circumstance well, and I'm clear as to where the money is going. Also, my local food bank gets a donation every year. I must say I should do more charitable giving, because I've been doing way less clubbing. Probably only going 26% as many times compared to the previous year of club visits.
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    Given the fact that blacks and progressives are the two biggest group of bigots in America and fling the word racist around at every idea and person with whom they disagree I find the word meaningless. I also agree that the United Way isa terrible choice for charity since they piss away a ton of money on "expenses and salaries". I give to our local food bank and the Salvation army, as the army serves the poor, no matter who they are and the local food bank spends 98 cents from every dollar servicing clients. Also the idea that progressives give a damn about human beings is retarded beyond belief. These are the same ppl who kiss muslim ass and deride christians for being pro life, when in fact not one muslim sect on earth is pro-choice. I hate progressive politics.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    South Park: Would you like to add a dollar donation to help hungry kids around the world? [view link]
  • IwillLapAdancer
    9 years ago
    Charity begins at home. After that, I make a donation in the form of stripper singles to all the poor young single mothers wearing the high heels down at the dance club for young women.
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    This psycho skibum is almost as bad as Tiredtraveler.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I never give at the supermarket -- I have no way of knowing how much is spent on overhead of the program, I often have other priorities for my charitable donations, and fuck, you know the supermarket is using this shit in their advertising "Foodway and its customers gave $XX million to charity this year!". I give to specific charities that are my top priorities, that I think are run well.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    I'm so glad I don't have skibum on ignore. He writes from a point of common sense. If he was to declare himself running for The GOP, he would stand a strong chance to overtake the Donald for the nomination for our next president. Thank God for free speech.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    What am I missing here? What convenience stores ask for donations?
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I prefer to make my donations privately, but I like what you said Meat, locally is definitely the best way to go and you have the added benefit if being able to see the good you are doing . I think that a group of folks with the disposable income to spend in strip clubs has the ability to give a little bit back, but I don't presume to tell anyone where they should spend their money.
  • hassenpfeffer65
    9 years ago
    I thought we all came here to talk about tits and ass.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    hassen, As a newbie, you just don't know what we discuss. :)
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Hassen. This the TUSCL PBS round table discussion group Meat I hope your last post was sarcasm :-)
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I'm certainly not going to post on a thread like this. SJG
  • bang69
    9 years ago
    I donate blood to the red cross when ever I can
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    The right wing wonders why they can't get the African American vote. It's because of idiots like skibum.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    True Conservatives actually agree with making charitable donations. But the ones with their hands out at the register often arent efficient ones.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    While I agree with nothing skibum says, I actually do take exception to many sorts of professional charites, like Goodwill and most especially the Salvation Army. I don't like the messages they are putting out. SJG
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Timex . . . dude . . . when you write "I am a cold, heartless racist. Suck it liberals!" I have to conclude that you have certain ill-formed conservative inclinations, but admitting that you're a racist, even in jest, merely feeds the leftwing myth that all rightwingers are racist, chauvinistic, homophobic, warmongering reactionaries. So many things are wrong with your post, but I'll start with: * Giving to charitable causes should have nothing to do with how much or little we pay in taxes. As humans we are enjoined to help our fellow man, and this is unrelated to our tax rate * One of the problems with the proliferation of the welfare state is that it causes many people (including you, apparently) to conclude that they don't need to give to charity because they pay taxes and "the government will take care of all that charitable nonsense". * Leftists like to claim a monopoly on compassion because they support rapacious taxes on those damn rich people (i.e. people who earn more than they do) and love baby seals and want to protect the environment and stuff. However, they are compassionate with *other* people's money. Favoring a 70% top rate or whatever does NOT make you compassionate, only confiscatory. * If you don't give in the checkout line, give *somewhere*. Do your research and give to causes that you believe in and that use your money wisely. * There is no virtue in conflating conservative tendencies with racism, even if you're kidding about the latter (I can't tell). My advice: remain skeptical of big government, avoid racism, and be generous with those in need.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "My advice: remain skeptical of big government, avoid racism, and be generous with those in need." As a Leftist, I fully agree with the above. SJG
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    I've got a couple of weeks before I start cutting checks to offset gains.I give to the charities that represent,"The Innocents".The ones that had no say in the predicament they now find themselves in i.e.Shriners,St. Judes and local animal shelters.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    I give to certain charities and these in general are ones I support. I am a big supporter of anything involving childhood cancer and gave money and volunteered for St Jude's, and Leukemia Society (my 13 year old cousin died of this). I've given to various other diseases like MS, diabetes and epilepsy. My biggest charities that are most important to me are animal shelters. I give to several and am working on a fundraiser for one involving a friend who owns a pet store (he does not sell animals just food and supplies). I used to do those adopt a family for Christmas but found most of the families were leeches and the same ones came back year after year wanting freebies (usually with more children). I also do fundraisers for military families. I do not support the United Way or most of the big charities since most are scams to some extent (CEO's make too much in so many non profits). Basically if it's your fault I won't give but if it's not I will. OP what charities are you asked to give to/ most of the time for me it's either St Jude or an animal organization and since those are important to me I always give. I got a call awhile back asking me to donate to some charity for illegals and I swore at them and hung up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion