tuscl

What policy\rule makes you never go back to a club?

chessmaster
Illinois
For example... I never go back to
Bikini clubs
"Fresh drink" policy clubs
And black clubs.

45 comments

• Subraman
    9 years ago
    What's a "fresh drink" policy?

The main policy that gets me not to come back is dance prices.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Yeah. Prices. I refuse to pay more than $20 for a lap dance and it better be a good one or I stop at 1.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Subraman, it's that stupid rule where you have to keep a "fresh drink" with you at all times. Basically they don't let you babysit a drink and hound you the whole time or tell you to leave.

Shadow, I think Atlanta has spoiled you. Most everywhere else dances are at least $20 except the diviest strip club and even some of those charge $20.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    poor value (excessive prices without appropriate dancers and mileage)
    smoking (I just can't deal with the after effects it has on me anymore... guess I'm getting old)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It's hard for me to totally ride off a club I like b/c of a particular policy; but will def visit much less often if they do things I don't like.

My #1 pet-peeve is short/cut songs – I'm a volume LD getter and hate getting gypped on song length – in South FL all non-black clubs are $25/LD – I was at a popular club on Fr night (Diamond Dolls Pompano) and no song was over 3 minutes with some even at 2.5 – I got 2 dances b/c I was already there but no more.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I don't go to a club if:

The dancers are mostly fugly
    The contact is only one way
    The strippers do the drink hussle
    I feel in any way unsafe

High prices may discourage me from spending very much, but they don't keep me away if there's no other good lower priced club in the town I'm in. If nothing else, you can stage tip and just shop for takeout.

I've never heard of a fresh drink policy but it sounds worse the drink hussle so yeah it'd keep me away. I can live with a two drink minimum.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Scanning of identification. Not no, but *fuck* no. I'll sometimes do it when I'm out of town and have few options, but there's two clubs locally that do it, one only at night, and I don't go to the one at all, and the other is a day shift only club, though I've stayed over a few times.
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    No Touching !
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^yea no touching sucks but if the dancer quality is really good I can deal with one way contact. If she's a 9 or 10 I'll even settle for air dance if theres no options for touching at all.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Since we don't have no-touching clubs in our area (South FL); I thus forgot the obvious - yeah air-dance or one-way contact means no contact w/ my wallet.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    High prices often *do* mean poor value b/c it seems SCs that do it right are more the exception than the norm:

e.g. the upscales clubs in Detroit are expensive but at the same time good value IMO b/c one does seem to get a quality experience and not high prices and low ROI.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Like Chessmaster I can live with one way contact if the girl is very hot, but not air dances.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Like georgmicrodong says..........no fuckin' ID scan for me. I am usually able to bullshit my way past the scanners but if not, that club sees no business from me.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    I have never experienced this "fresh drink' rule but I would definitely not go back! Like shadow cat said I hate dances over $20 but worse than that is upsale or unknown dance prices. For example some girls charging different prices.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    RBD would agree, air dances, even at air dance establishments, only happen when you a) didn't spend enough the first visit b) keeps spending too much on subsequent visits without demanding more. I've gotten pretty high two way contact at table dance only places. But I also use "The Sysyem" -- laugh all you want.
  • 11bravo88
    9 years ago
    I don't go back if
    Girls are fugly
    Air dances
    Intoxicated and rowdy PLs
    Unsafe neighborhood after dark
    Excessive drink hustle
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Although I haven't done it, I could conceivably see myself returning to an air dance establishment IF:
    1. You could drink with the girls
    2. The girls were pretty hot
    3. OTC was available

I already use non-extras alcohol clubs as "get drunk with the girls in the club, then take them OTC"-generating factories -- although the clubs I go to, official policy is at least light contact, and as with any strip club, with the right girl you can get all the way to heavy contact and extras, though it's not common. If the place had very hot girls and was more convenient for me than my current 1-hour trip to the city, I'd consider it I suppose.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Underwear required :)
  • marktrinidad
    9 years ago
    Bouncers over my shoulder all the time. It drives me crazy! Security people should be away from customers.
  • Dain
    9 years ago
    Intrusive bouncers, poor value, getting thrown out for exhibitionism.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    1. unsafe neighborhood for me as well. that includes not having to worry about my car in the parking lot. Example trophy club
    2. all fugly dancers with no hope of improvement, Godivas , I went one time over 15 years ago
    3. super boring with only an occasional topless dancer showing up to dance for a few
    minutes once an hour. I can get more entertainment staying home watching tv. was it gold club? up in Wellford..

Things may change but they lost me already as a customer.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'll add too many cameras and rules and police scrutiny. Platinum plus Greenville whenever they open..
    I'll also add platinum plus Columbia.

also dance prices fixed at too high a price. I might still visit if already in the area but I won't drive very far and likely won't buy any dances. That means It will likely be a boring visit. See #3.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    If I stayed away due to smoke, I'd never visit a strip club in the south again for years I believe. I don't smoke and don't care for it though.
  • AJ8921
    9 years ago
    1. The mandatory (non alcoholic) drink per hour rule.

2. Air dances

3. Outrageous drink minimums for VIP dances.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    I won't go back (or I'll take a looooooong break from it) if:

1. I get ignored more often than I get approached
    2. the neighborhood is really bad, even during daytime
    3. there is forced valet parking
    4. the stage is empty too much
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    gmd and art beat me to it- ID scanning is a non starter for me. As for mandatory valet parking: If a rental car, OK, but if its my own car, particularly if I've got some luggage or other personal items,its "TBNT".
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    1) Asshole bouncers on power trips.
    2) Pushy shot girls.
    3) Fugly dancers.
    4) Nickle and dime fees for everything.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    1) No lap dances/3-foot rule. Lap dances are illegal in Manitoba, hence why I avoid those clubs.
    2) DJs on power trips. I remember one DJ in the Twin Cities going off on a dancer sitting with me because she was just a few seconds late getting on stage.
    3) Douchebag managers. Another dancer who visited me at the same club in #2 had a major migraine going on -- her eyes literally weren't lining up; one kept wandering about -- but he wouldn't let her go home. I wound up buying her a small meal, which seemed to help a lot. Well, at least the eyes started looking in the same direction.
    4) "Would you like to buy the lady a drink?" I haven't the last five times we were back here. Why would I start now? Just go away. You're harshing this bed dance.
    5) No Geeks Allowed. Have to say, that really hurts. Geez, what'd I ever do to Wal-Mart anyway?
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    6) Letting dancers name their own prices in the lap-dance area or, well, hell, anywhere in the club.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Oh yeah if the stage is empty most of the time I'm not really interested.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    1. The drink hustle. I will go to one of the local pastie bars which has that with my one buddy, but I will not go there alone.
    2. The fresh drink policy. I think all the Omaha area bikini/pastie clubs have that one.
    3. Bikini and pastie clubs. I should have mentioned this first, but I think part of it is the fact all of them near me suck before taking that into consideration.
    4. Clubs that don't continuously have a dancer onstage. I can understand that one if they only have one or two present, but one of the stupider things my most recent ex favorite club did on my last visit was have no one onstage for 15 minutes straight even though they had about 15 people there. I always thought they were more lucky than good, but that's the flip side.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @PhantomGeek: "No Geeks Allowed. Have to say, that really hurts. Geez, what'd I ever do to Wal-Mart anyway?"

Geez, PG, my local Walmart won't even let me *in* with live animals, much less *eat* them.

Yes, that's an obscure reference.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    PG: You're only barred because the girls are cut up by your taped up glasses and the edges of your pocket protector. Try leaving them in your Smart Car, and you'll do fine! ;-)
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    1.) Air dances--One way contact is fine to an extent, but not total air.
    2.) Dance Prices--$20 is the most that I'm willing to pay for a dance.
    3.) Drink hustle--I only buy a dancer a drink if she is one of my favorites. I will sometimes buy a dancer a drink as a reward for putting forth the effort to provide me with great lap dances.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    In terms of rules, the minimum rule and no touch rule. If i have to buy three drinks to go any furtherthen i dont sven walk through the door. Two drinks is debatable whether or not the strippers are hot enough. Though if minimum in conjunction with entry fee you lost a customer.

No touch goes without saying. Even if the end goal is VIP

I just don't understand this refill drink rule. I NEVER heard of that not even in Manhattan clubs. What if i don't drink? Why force me to waste money on something i don't want?
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    I hear a lot of mooing.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    No front room touching, but good mileage in the dance booths.

SJG
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    GMD: "Geez, PG, my local Walmart won't even let me *in* with live animals, much less *eat* them."

I remember stories of carnie geeks eating live animals. Never seen it, never want to, but, yeah, I do remember the stories and get the reference : )

ATACDawg: Geez, do you think I should leave my comics out in the car, too? But the babes really seem to dig the light sabers. Maybe I can still bring those in and practice my Jedi mind tricks?
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Comics? Definitely leave them in the car. Seriously, would you want a girl to blithely use your Superman #1 to clean up after a BJ?

The light sabers, on the other hand, have great potential as dildos, single- or double-ended. By all means, bring them into the club!
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    My Superman #1? You really think I'd risk taking that out of the safety deposit box? It could exposed to anything from chocolate-covered fingers to random sneezes to harsh fluorescent lights! Perish the thought! Now a Web of Spider-Man #1 would be something else entirely.

Hmm. I wonder just what sort of shows the dancers could do on stage with those light sabers, community standards (kinda-sorta) permitting, of course.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^lol i
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Dudes dressed up in suits trying to impress the dancers. Actually this keeps me coming back for the sheer entertainment value alone. I love when the dancers eat that shit up!
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Down here where we club in Florida most dudes dressed in suits are car or insurance salesmen and even the fugly girls stay away from them btw any club that wants to scan or make a copy of my ID will never get any business from me that not happened here to my knowledge but if it ever does I'm so outta there
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    I don't care to go back to clubs that needlessly complicate my interactions with strippers by involving some middleman or stupid procedure, such as:

- Making me deal with some flunkie dude when I want a dance instead of asking the dancer directly and paying her when we're done.

- Tagging me with a wristband to indicate that I've paid for entry to the lap dance room.

- That retarded process at Industrial Strip in Hammond, Indiana, where your 3-song private dance set has to be synced with everybody else's in the club, and the DJ announces it all.

- Typical chain club inanities like requiring you to buy some big gulp container as you enter, and DJs who constantly announce "specials" and gimmicky distractions.

- Any club where a DJ with a cordless mic goes around trying to be a comedian with customers.

Ugly dancers can be a result of poor management, but aren't really a matter of policy. And if a club has a no touching rule, I don't go in the first place.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion