tuscl

The Secret Life of a PL

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Friday, January 17, 2014 9:31 AM
In my local daily newspaper this morning was a front page headline about a former stripper who now owns seven drive-up bikini coffee stands. (They're plentiful here in the Puget Sound Region.) She's in jail now and she's been in trouble with the law a few times previously because of how she operates her coffee stands. Essentially, she's being accused of running drive-up brothels, since she and her baristas have demonstrated that the serving of coffee appears to be ancillary to sales of other "services."​ I know who the owner is, and I was a customer at the clubs where she previously danced. I even got dances from her a couple of times. I also know a couple of other former strippers, since-turned baristas, who work at her stands. As I glanced at the headline, I also thought that I have dozens of friends and family that get this newspaper. And absolutely none of them know I have any connection to the coffee stand owner and her past. They may recognize that a few of the seven stands are near where I live. But, otherwise they don't know about my closer relationship to the issue, because they don't know I go to strip clubs. Anyone else out there, have a similar experience?

20 comments

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Sort of. There have been a couple of body rub busts the last year or so where they put the girls' faces on TV. I've recognized a couple of them, and hope I've hidden my reaction well enough. :)
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    My music friends know about strip clubs; my family and other friends are clueless as far as I know.
  • looneylarry
    10 years ago
    No, not with a pending case type of thing. Have yet to have the getting spotted on the street by a stripper. If it happens with my wife there, I'll have to do some mighty fine tap dancing. For now, I am hoping that the anonymity of snug city gives me favorable odds, and that a dancer would have enough sense to not approach me if my wife is nearby. Hmmm, drive-through coffee stand that was a front for prostitution? Makes you wonder if this is going on with any other drive-through stands, only where they have normal clothes on and don't draw the LE attention. I don't drink coffee, but now I may start.
  • looneylarry
    10 years ago
    *a big city instead of snug city. This auto correct is getting on my nerves.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    @ Looneylary: There were "lower levels" of "unauthorized activity" going on as well. Other bikini coffee stands do this as well. At one I occasionally patronize, the busty barista I know there (also a current stripper), gives me a long boobular flash for a $5. tip. Sometimes I remember to take the latte with me that I've ordered.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    Here's the article: [view link]
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Your guilt will get you busted
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    @ sofaking: I'm impressed you found the article so quickly! I heard the story first on a local radio station's 6 p.m. newscast last night. Then I checked the website for the newspaper (which I subscribe to) that I knew would carry a story on it. And I assumed, correctly, that it would be in this morning's print edition as well. What I didn't think, is that it would be the front page headline.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    How does a drive-up brothel work? And what if you don't drink coffee?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    @ Jack: These are mostly the size of a guard shack. They all have an ancillary small structure with a toilet and for storage of supplies. The more serious activities have been alleged to be conducted in the "shack out back," and even in customers' cars. If you don't drink coffee they also serve espresso, lattes, mochas, hot cocoa, etc. The lesser activities simply consist of the baristas putting on a show while in the stand as customers watch from their cars.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    This is not news. I have seen several news articles about this in the Seattle area over the last couple of years.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Shadow: It's local news because its the latest in the progession of this particular coffee stand owner's escapades. And, there are implications that her involvement are part of a larger story.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Seattle has the strip coffee while Garden Grove has the Vietnamese coffee shops.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Hmmm. There are a few of these stands in Calgary - both drive-thru and walk-up. I am not a coffee guy so I have never patronized one of the stands. I would be amazed if similar antics were happening at these joints in Calgary. If I am wrong I may have to develop a taste for coffee.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    Damn all NY got is Halal stands...can't get kinky with that.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Esta my bro...just ask for a hummer from the babe in the burqa. You never know...she might oblige!
  • carolynne
    10 years ago
    what kind of coffee do they serve? "starfucks"?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    @ Carolynne: Yes, except as I mentioned above, that kind of "coffee" is served in the shack out back.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    @Zip: How would you know the person in the burqua is actually a woman and not a male transvestite? Seems a bit dicey to me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion