tuscl

Robin Roberts "comes out"

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:23 PM
I saw a blurb that former ESPNer and current Good Morning America host Robin Roberts has come out of the closet. A few thoughts.... She is not related to former MLB pitcher Robin Roberts. Most of my life, Roberts' claim to fame was allowed the most home runs in major league baseball history. It wasn't until 2010 that Jamie Moyer broke his record. Roberts played basketball at Southeast Louisiana University where she majored on journalism. A gay women's basketball player. Now there's a shock. I don't understand why gay people find the need to announce their personal lifestyle. I don't announce on Facebook I'm straight and love strippers. Her girlfriend is a white and is blonde. I guess white blonde women chase black celebrities whether they are male or female.

28 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… I guess white blonde women chase black celebrities whether they are male or female …” I think they chase the $$$ no matter who has it
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… I don't understand why gay people find the need to announce their personal lifestyle ...” It’s a sign of the times – it’s kind of a civil rights era for gay people – kinda “I’m gay & I’m proud”
  • IronFox22
    11 years ago
    “… I don't understand why gay people find the need to announce their personal lifestyle ...” Because, in general, it feels shitty to have to hide part of who you are.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Straight people "announce" their lifestyle all the time, both subtely and overtly. They walk down the street hand in hand. They make life plans. They live together. They talk about their lives together. They make no secret of their lifestyle. Then the bitch when gay people do the same thing with their voices instead of with their actions.
  • Tyres
    11 years ago
    She didn't "come out". She merely mentioned her girlfriend's name and called her 'her girlfriend' when she was thanking a larger group of people in a tweet. Much the same way anybody would acknowledge their significant other. It was the media that than took the ball and ran with it from there.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Sorry George, can't agree. I'm an unmarried guy in his 50's. I've never brought a date to family reunions and such. My sister is in an openly lesbian relationshp. I'm sure there are family members who assume a "genetic" link and thus conclude I'm gay also. I don't care. Let them believe what they want. I'm not gonna go on Facebook and discuss my sexual preference.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    So?
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Her g/f is hot, I'd do her!
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I thought so too! And she was a massage therapist. I love happy endings.
  • IronFox22
    11 years ago
    Sexual orientation not preference ("preference" indicates that there is a choice in the matter)
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    @motorhead- I never expect straight people to understand the way us gay folks perceive the predominantly straight world anymore than a white person can understand what's important to a person of color. When you are a minority or a victim of oppression or prosecution (real or perceived) it skews your perspective and sometimes your priorities change. Its OK motorhead....we still love you anyways ;)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I love everybody. I learned tolerance when my cousin came out to me. That took courage on his part. I can be a dick.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Could we PLEASE stop calling homosexuals, "gay." Though I am sure some homosexuals are, "bright and lively" or "inclined to social pleasures," that is not the same as homosexual. Further, Robin Roberts is not from the Aegean island of Lesvos (Lesbos) and is not a Lesbian. She has, though misusing the English language, announced she is a practicing homosexual. I dislike it when people, who practice deviant sex, misuse words to minimize or disguise their affinities. I have no objection to people who choose to deviate from the norm in their sexual practices (the contextual definition of deviant!). I am not judging others on their lifestyle choices. My only objection to female homosexuals is that I fear they will snag the hottest strippers in the club. I do dislike having my language options limited and communication impaired because a group of people misappropriated a word.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    "My only objection to female homosexuals is that I fear they will snag the hottest strippers in the club." A very real concern. I do it often. "She has, though misusing the English language, announced she is a practicing homosexual. I'm fairly certain that she needs no additional practice, and is quite adept at her craft.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @lopaw-Always cracking me up.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    lopaw +2, gave 'um both barrels.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Way to go dallas702! I am also annoyed how that lovely descriptive word, 'gay', has become a pejorative. My 1930s edition of OED makes no mention of sexuality when defining 'gay'. Ah well, just a grumpy old man here. That gay horse ain't ever goin' back in the barn.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    "Gay" is a part of our language and there is no use asking people to stop using it. "Lesbian" is even older, and there is little chance that people will use it only to refer to inhabitants of the island of Lesbos.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Lol Lopaw....rock on!
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "Sexual orientation not preference" Since we're being so PC, it's Asian, not Orientation.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    The weird thing is my cousin came out on Facebook and my relatives still seem to love her even though they're a bunch of rednecks. When I think of the word "gay", I always think of the Flintstones theme song, where they sing "We'll have a gay old time". Somehow, I don't see Fred and Barney acting out their homoerotic fantasies together, although Wilma and Betty may be another matter.
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    Where's her Google Doddle? Did she get a coming out check? Will cats and dogs start sleeping together? I guess anything is newsworthy these days.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    As happy as I am for Robin that she's beaten a serious illness, I really don't give a crap that this ugly old broad likes pussy at least as much as I do. NOT news-worthy.
  • IronFox22
    11 years ago
    I'm shocked to find that there are people on a strip club message board who consider gay people "deviant." I thought for sure a message board such as this would be full of knowledgeable, free-thinking, well-read, open-minded, tolerant, intellectually sophisticated men. Who would of thought? Next, some of you guys are going to tell me that you believe a 2,000-year-old god is coming back to save you.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    If I'm not mistaken, IronFox, I believe that dallas702 was being facetious in his post and was having fun with his wording. I also believe that most posters here on TUSCL are indeed knowledgeable, free-thinking, well-read, open-minded, tolerant, intellectually sophisticated ladies and gentlemen.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "most posters here on TUSCL are indeed knowledgeable, free-thinking, well-read, open-minded, tolerant..." tolerant? LOL
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    First of all, IronFox22, I correctly used the word, "deviant" to describe homosexual practices. Note that "deviant" means specifically; 'deviating from the norm, esp. from an accepted standard.' (Webster's II, New Riverside Edition). Since, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, heterosexual relations are still the norm and remain an accepted standard, to identify homosexual behaviors as deviant is accurate, Further, correctly identifying a practice as deviant is in no way being intolerant, unsophisticated, close-minded, or judgmental. Significantly, using the word, "deviant" in this instance, does not in any way reveal my position on homosexuality Second, I specifically asked that the word, "gay" (which means; merry, or bright and lively, or inclined to social pleasures <ibid>) not be used to describe homosexuals, It is an abuse of the English language and was originally intended to be limiting or demeaning when applied to homosexual men. Even in its current misuse, gay is often considered inappropriate when applied to females. Again, I made no judgment upon homosexuals nor did I reveal any hint of my position in the request. Finally, I did clearly assert that I have no objection to people who choose to deviate from the norm. That unreservedly does state my position. To be overtly and completely clear, I have never experimented with, nor felt inclined to participate in, any homosexual form of deviant sex, and therefore I can make no rational judgment on homosexuals. Additionally, assuming you are referring to the most common religious practices on this continent, the God indicated is the creator God and would necessarily be in excess of 13.4 Billion years old, not simply 2,000 years. And, in that case, I would not object to "salvation" should that God show up in person. That God might have some issues with my life to date, but I am willing to make any reasonable adjustments suggested. Life is good (unless Lopaw DOES snatch the hottest chick in your club, and I believe her when she says she would!) Words are power (even when they are misused) Happy New Year (and may all your lappers be great.) Smile dude! ;)
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Ironfox: Actually He did the saving 2000 years ago - we are not waiting for him to save us. Just thought I would get your semantics right. And Dallas, that ship has already sailed. At least two or three of the hottest dancers at any club are probably homosexual;-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion