tuscl

How Do You Respond To "I Get My Tip In Advance"?

Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:43 PM
In Washington DC where I live there is a law forbidding lapdances. I have found myself a couple of times at a club in West VA where there are no such prohibitions. At this club you pre-pay for a private dance downstairs at the bar and then you go upstairs to the private dance area. Both times I pre-paid for 6 songs at $120 (as opposed to 3 for $75). In both instances, as soon we got upstairs the dancer said "my tip is $100 and it is payable before the dances begin". Not really knowing what to do, I paid the $100. The dances were pretty good but I would not consider that they merited an 83% tip :). Am I within my rights to refuse the upfront tip and say I tip after the set is over? If I do refuse do you think the quality of the dance would suffer? As a side note I wonder what the upfront fee is for a 3 song set? Thanks, Ollie.

33 comments

• jackslash
    11 years ago
    The response is "fuck you!"
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I agree with jackslash but I would be a tad more civil. :)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I'd also be civil. As in Sherman's March To The Sea.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    My response is that a tip is remuneration for exceptional service, not paid in advance. Shall we talk to the manager?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Just say, "oh, never mind then I'll get a dance from someone else then ." Do not let these lying, thieving whores get away with anything.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    NO.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    "Of course, just don't forget to show the shaft some love too."
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Agree with gawker. Also I would not like pre-pay. When I take a new girl for a lapdance, I do not know ahead of time how many dances I'm going to get, and I really don't want to have to stop after the first one to go pay for another.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I too agree with Gawker. Never, never, ever pay a stripper, ITC or OTC, for anything in advance. I had a similar situation once in Las Vegas. At the Palomino, I paid $150. for an amount of time (maybe 15 min.) in advance. The dancer was all sweet, friendly, affectionate, chummy, etc., while she was soliciting me for dances. So I paid her. Then we get into the VIP room, and she pretty well made it clear that I'd only get an air dance for 15 min., without a tip to her. As she started dancing, I balked at this; then I made a quick decision to cut my losses and I bolted out of the VIP room and the club. Maybe I was two minutes into the 15-minute period. I will never go to the Palomino again.
  • canny
    11 years ago
    I tip and pay in advance when I'm getting dances from someone who I've seen several times. Otherwise I'll show her the money so that she knows I have it and pay and tip afterwards.
  • Hard4Dancers
    11 years ago
    SHOW her the Tip alright...by dropping your Drawers.
  • rockie
    11 years ago
    "And for that you do at least swallow?"
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    no tip in advance
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    The only tip that she gets in advance is advice. Grind like your rent depends on it. She follows that advice, she'll earn her tip.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Nothing. Walk right back down stairs and ask for my $120 back.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    @club_goer, I hate to hear that about Palomino. I've mostly heard good things and it's on my list of places to check out.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I like Jackslash's response.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    In most clubs one does not have to prepay for LDs. So the first thing I would do is find a club where one does not have to prepay. If all the clubs in the area are prepay; then you’re screwed (in a bad way) – once the dancer gets her $$$; she can give you a shitty ass dance and there is very little if anything you can do about it – it’s like prepaying for VIP and the dancer turning out to be a dud; there is not much you can do; you have to at least eat the VIP house fee/cost. I would avoid a club where one has to prepay b/c the dancer/club has all the power – you pay whether the service is good or not and your more apt to be ROBed since you have already plunked down a good amount of cash. If the dancer is a bitch there is a good chance you won’t get good dances if you don’t pre-tip as she wanted; but there is also a chance that you can get chitty dances even if you do pre-tip. Moral of the story; try not to prepay for anything in a club b/c once you do there are no refunds even if you do not get want you were expecting or were promised. And if you have to prepay; then get the cheapest option – why opt for the more expensive option w/ a dancer you don’t know.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    I agree with jacklash
  • snowtime
    11 years ago
    I don't think the answer to this is as clear as most think. I agree that it is never wise to give an actual tip, prior to receiving the service. However, in some VIPs the tip may be more or less a fee for extra service. This is why TUSCL is so valuable, you can learn how the VIP rooms in various states operate. So the $120 quoted for 6 private dances may be for 6 air dances. It may be understood at this particular club that any extras will require extra payment in advance. They can call it a tip or whatever they want, but if you expect something more than 6 air dances you will probably have to prepay. I think if this happened in a club I was unfamiliar with I would ask the dancer what the additional $100 was going to lead to. In most of the clubs I go to, I know what level of service is going to be provided before going to a VIP. If all of the dancers at the club in this discussion require a tip for extra service, I think you are going to have to pay the additional fee whether it is called a tip or not. Bottom line, read TUSCL, so you will know what to expect before going to a new club.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    For the most part, my answer is: "Not from me you don't." Having said that, snowtime is right about differing local customs. In some places it is indeed customary for the girl to collect her pre-negotiated "tip" prior to doing the deed. Providence comes to mind as a place where that is (or should I say "was" with all of the changes?) very common. That was ok in Providence given the fact that everyone knew the score and ripoffs were surprisingly uncommon, but outside of there I do not go anyplace where I am willing to pay upfront and have not had any issues with paying after the deed is done.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    I have a new 2" square lapel button that reads,"Why should I tip you when you haven't done anything?" Can't wait to try it out in a Detroit club that is a haven for ROBs.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    The problem with a negative response is...she could walk out on your ass and you already pre-paid. See the problem? Now you gotta track down the manager, make sure you recognize which girl did the misdeed to you (in some states its illegal to ask for a tip especially 83%, that's just highway robbery) and report her to get your money back because you know she's giving you a shitty lap dance after all that's said and done. If she like that goes down in pre-paid lap dances, I wouldn't bother with them at all. Risk is too worthless
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    SuperDude, I want that
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I'd love to hear what the response is Super Dude.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    My response...your fired/ next
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I suggest never going back to the club again and telling everyone else it's a ripoff. It's too expensive for my interest.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    I have never had a stripper pull this crap on me. My only response would be the same as rick's.
  • LeeH
    11 years ago
    There's actually two issues here. Prepay (as referenced in the title) and that the dancer has the balls to cite what her tip is going to be (which doesn't seem to have been addressed much). The latter is much more offensive to me. In fact, my response would probably be, "Oh, I'm sorry - I wanted a FEMALE dancer." That said, I've never heard of a place where you pay the *club* for the dances. For use of a VIP room, sure. Or maybe the dancer has to give a cut of the dance money to the club afterward. I've only ever been to one club where the dancer even had to settle up with the club before the dances, so I had to say how many I wanted in advance. Having no clue, I decided for just one. And then left the club immediately after. Is that the best you can do, club-wise, in the DC area? No wonder our government is so fucked up!
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @LeeH: At *all* the clubs in Louisville that I've been to recently (the last year), with the exception of PT's and Deja Vu, you pre-pay the club for dances, and the dancers settle up with the club at the end of the shift. They get a receipt to keep track. At Deja Vu, you pre-pay the dancer, and she apparently settles up with the club, though I've never noticed one actually do it. At PT's, you pay the dancer (except for a one time per night $5 charge), and I've always done it after the dances. Again, I've never seen any of them "settle up" with the club.
  • LeeH
    11 years ago
    Note to self: Avoid Louisville
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    If she's really really hot to you, give her the tip in advance and pay her ex-con BF to rustproof your car. How can we possibly give a yes/no answer to this? Then again, if you call Elizabeth Warren, I think she'll be able to tell you what Federal regulation that will cover this situation when she's President of the US.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @LeeH: Yes, please do. I don't need you out of towners fucking things up for me. :) The damn conventioneers do a good enough job of that. Just messin' with ya. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion