tuscl

$25 Lappers

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:08 AM
$25 lappers – pardon my French but WTF? I hate $25 lappers not necessarily b/c it's $5 more per dance than the standard LD price; but: 1) forces you to have smaller denomination bills or else you have to go thru the hassle of asking the dancer for your change 2) the dancer will often ask you if she can keep the change as a tip I rather not have to deal w/ that shit personally. Plus, the $25-lapper places I've been to; the dancer needs to give the house $5 per lapper. Seems to me we are thus subsidizing the dancer's tip-out and the cost/fee of the dancer to dance there is thus being passed on to the PL. And some dancers will even push hard for a “tip” so they can keep the whole $25 and thus you end up paying the whole “house fee” all by yourself. My rant for today!!!

46 comments

• jester214
    11 years ago
    The Men's Club around here went to $40 lappers. It wasn't that great before.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    ^ That’s crazy – especially in this economy. But if they are doing it I imagine it’s b/c there may be enough custies willing to pay that? I don’t think I would ever pay $40 for a dance – not only b/c of the $40 – but if the dance totally sucks; e.g. air dance , etc; then you are out 40 smacks and did not even enjoy yourself.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Now I hate $25 lappers, too.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I refuse to do any dances higher that $20, unless of course it is more than just a lap dance. I usually only carry $10's & $20's for dances. Fortunately my favorite club only charges $10.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Taco! If you gotta bitch about $5 .Go to the YMCA.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    This isn't new papi. Been happening for some time.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    The $25 lapper is standard for the clubs I usually go to. But at least it's not $40! That's like paying $400 for a blow job!
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    The use of non-even amounts for such things has always struck me as deliberate, for precisely the reason you alluded to, so you'll have change to tip. Many local clubs sell dances for $22 per song. Not only does that extra $2 go directly into the manager's pocket at at least two of the clubs, but it leaves enough change to tip the bartender (who collects lap dance fees) and the dancer and, if you pay with a big enough bill, you get a bunch of ones back why her you want them or not, so you'll have something to stage tip with.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    It's not that bad Papi. Here, in Richmond, the dances START at $50 bucks. You do get two songs, but you can't buy just one song. It's two or more. Very discouraging for the customer.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    For some reason I get the feeling any dancer that may weigh in on this thread would be pro $25, $40, & $50, dances :)
  • Timbuck12
    11 years ago
    Guess I'm just spoiled by Atlanta's $10 lap dances. No lap dance is worth $25 to me.......
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I would love to be in a city with 10 dollar lap dances. Here in Portland the standard rate is 20 bucks. I hear in Phoenix the girls are pretty hot and a lot of the Phoenix clubs have 10 buck lapdances, sounds like a good combination to me.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Dance prices where I club range from $10 to $50 depending on the neighborhoods that the clubs are in.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    I have not seen a $10 lapper in a decade except on a special.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I concur with Papi, Shadow, and GMD. All very good points. Here, in the Puget Sound Region, Club Sin Rock in Renton went to $25. lap dances within the past year. But their admission/drink charge is very low. I'd think they'd just up the admission charge. Perhaps their strategy was to get customers in the door first, then worry about their poor pricing structure later. The club is as strict as the Deja Vu clubs in the region. (Lots of cameras.) They really can't afford to reduce their business potential any further than it is now. A bad business decision in my opinion.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    In Central IL the norm is $30 a song but one of my fave clubs has a 15 minute VIP for $75, a much better deal. I usually do that with new girls or $150/30 min with faves. Another club has frequent 2/1 special but the dancers don't allow ANY touching during those. Not arms, legs, or anywhere.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    It's pretty much the standard that it's $25 where I go. But at the one club, the dancer is usually worth buying 2 from, so it ends up actually being $50, so that doesn't end up being a problem there, plus they always have the courtesy to ask if you want your change back. OTOH, at one of my other clubs, they expect a tip at the other club which is really annoying. The other club I visit regularly sells $35 and $50 lapdances, which is exorbitant, but I suppose that happens when you're the only nude strip club in the area. But that place has more emphasis on stage tipping then anything.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    When I first started clubbing seriously in the late 80's, my fave club was $15. Everyone loved that. I usually tipped the extra $5 so I got good dances for the day and the girls were happy.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    $25 lappers means one less dance out of your $100. A dollar goes a LOOONG WAY. Wouldn't even buy a drink from there if I heard that.
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    Okay, guys, you need to put your foot down. If ANYONE is regularly paying more than $20 for a lap dance they stop going to that club and let the owners know why you stopped going. It's only that high because guys who don't know better are willing to pay it. My standard lap dance with VERY high mileage in the LA area is $10. And that's with a girl grabbing your junk and trying to stroke you off and often reaching inside your shorts. There are a couple of clubs like that. A few more have $15 laps and even higher mileage, which I dislike for some of the same reasons Papi cited, like never having change and the extra $5 is always assumed as a tip. I generally consider clubs with $20 laps as "No Go" clubs, since there are so many better alternatives. Guys, I can maybe see $20 laps as being reasonable, even though I think it's too much. But if you're paying $25 or $30 or $40 or even $50 for laps you're being taken to the cleaners. It's insane.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I think most non-black clubs in my area of south Florida are $25/LD. It seems to me that in certain areas $25 LDs are becoming the norm and the $20 lappers the exception?
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    Y'know, now that I think about it, I want to re-state my case... I think the guys who are paying a lot of money for laps are doing the dancers a service, and we should respect that. Guys like me who frequent clubs where laps are cheap are missing an opportunity to support our local strippers, and really we should re-consider our ways. I think we should all give a sold HIGH FIVE to those guys who pay $30 and more for laps. You're showing the dancers respect as women, and in turn you are respecting YOURSELVES !!! Good for you guys !!!!! You're AWESOME !!!!
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    And you know what? Next time I go to a $10 lap dance club, I'm gonna give each dancer and extra $20 for each lap dance !!!! Awesome !!!!
  • jerikson40
    11 years ago
    And honestly...Papi... Maybe you should reconsider your anger at high priced laps. As you said, "nobody likes an angry dick" So maybe take a softer approach, and accept others' differences, and respect those who choose to spend their money as they see fit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “…And honestly...Papi... “ My post was not directed at you – I stated that is what a dancer told me and reading your thread reminded me of my particular situation. And just for clarification – when the dancer said “nobody likes an angry dick” – I don’t think she was saying an angry guy who is a dick – I think she was saying more along the lines of women liking preferring good dick vs. angry dick. I choose to express myself a certain way and thus I respect the right of others to express themselves as they wish.
  • Kinsact
    11 years ago
    I'd be pissed at the $25 LD for the same reasons you mentioned Papi. Most places I've been to a LD is 20. Only time I've been charged more than that was in CR where apparently dances were an extra $30 a song....................................paid a lot for the CR at a more upscale club and I get told this once were in the room. I just left but lesson learned.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Try $30 lappers and share your thoughts
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    At my fave club the single dances are $31/$41/$51. Talk about bizarre pricing.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Well, assuming equal mileage 20 is better than 25 is better than 30. However, isn't a $25 high mileage LD better than a $20 low to no mileage LD?
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I only buy dances at an average price ranging from 15 per dance down to 10 to 12.50 a dance. One club offers a two for one at $25. A number of dancers ask for 20 per dance so I am just spending a whole lot less than I used to just saying no almost all the time. I believe there were only two dancers in the last few years who I was willing to pay 20 per dance. It's rare I agree to pay that much. If everyone was like me, no dancers would successfully work in the area and get paid that much per. They would probably be happier making more money at less expensive per dance prices because I might buy multiple dances at lower prices. It sounds like from the reviews, the guys at the Columbia Platinum Plus club have been willing to pay higher dance prices so I haven't bothered to visit in several months. I didn't get any massive pay increase.
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    Northeast Ohio. I don't recall ever paying more than $10 per dance around here.
  • alwaysVIP
    11 years ago
    Club I was at tonight lapdances started at $30 or you could do 4/$100 making them $25 apiece. I almost never get lapdances, but I'm used to getting gouged taking girls into VIP rooms.
  • Prim0
    11 years ago
    Cbus prices are horrible. I haven't been to a club in awhile but the prices were averaging about $30 per dance for low mileage. Probably why I don't go anymore.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Providence minimum prices posted in all the clubs I have checked out is posted as $25 topless and $35 nude/song. Some dancers want more and will quote prices up front. I will say that the songs are full length. Some clubs with lower prices shorten the songs.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Dalex: I have clubbed in Toledo and do not remember ever paying $10/ dance unless it was a 2 for or 3 for special. Three or four years ago Platinum Showgirls was $20 per (posted).
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    Papi you live in South Florida I fear that you and myself are doomed to 25 dollar lappers. I am very selective on my dancers now I know who to spend that on. Im more of a camper andbtend to frequent the same clubs. I know you like variety though so at $25 a lap thats risky. Maybe try getting change from the bank and ask for a bunch of 5's.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    Pulse of Peoria has a couple of promotions for the month of May: 1. $2 entry fee and $2 domestic beers, and 2. No daily house fee for dancers. It's having an effect. 2 weeks ago I was there. There were 2 dancers and 3 customers. And last night about 20 dancers and 15 customers. I hope the club learns something from this. After all, empty chairs don't buy drinks or dances. The manager stopped at my table last night, proudly proclaiming she had 7 new girls dancing. I was actually waiting for my fave, but it shows they're trying. Now if they'd just fix that $30 LD price....
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    I love working in Richmond haha.
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    Yep, P_C SoFla for the non-"urban" clubs seems to have mostly standardized at $25 (Dean's Gold last I checked was the last even $20 holdout among the "upscale"). At least it's consistent and not as in Tampa's Mons V, where the sign says "Lap Dances negotiable, $20-30" but some of the talent has adopted an opening gambt of telling you "Oh I usually charge at least $35 or 40, but for you..." Or NOLA and Vegas where you know the "regular" $20 will get you only air and a real LD's gonna be 40. In Manhattan meanwhile the $20 is still the standard, but contact's very limited and the cover and drink prices will knock you halfway back across the bridge. what you all have to look out for is if more localities come up with the idea of the "Pole Tax" -- I'd expect just about every place to kick up an additional $5 to the baseline LD and proportionally ratchet up everything else..
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    Ha I got all you motherfuckers beat. Price for a lap dance in my neck of the woods? $0 I live in the heart of Pathetic Loserville, Washington DC where you can't buy a fucking lap dance period! I do so appreciate the clubs that y'all frequent when I travel on business cause I get to taste a little bit of paradise and hopefully that taste won't set me back more than $20 a bite.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    @mojodojo - why don't you check out Fuego in MD? It isn't too far from DC.
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    ^^Color me curious 8-D
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Unfortunately $25 LDs have become the norm in a lot of places. I have also been in places that charge $30 and even a couple that priced them at $40. The worst part of this is that I always seem to see the higher prices in the more restrictive areas, so paying more does not translate into better service.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    $5 or $10 I will pay no more
  • steve3000
    11 years ago
    Who remembers the $5 laps at Teasers and Inner Room in Cocoa Beach, FL? Back in the 1990's. Other cities were up to $20 per dance even then.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    STEVE -- I recall $4 dollar laps at the IR in the early 80's and $6 in the 90's, as well as $5. Dances in Providence were $20 in the 90'swent to 30 in the early 2000's and are now at 25. The 25 dances at one club are pretty good as they are in a small cubicle with a real door lol, but they're really 25 as a way of making the $135 15 minute CR seem less expensive i.e 5 topless lap dances in a small cubicle for $125 or 15Minutes, totally nude, for $135 in a small room with a couch, table and lamp, with a door lol.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion