tuscl

Does the way you dress influence dancers perception of you and service she offer

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:15 PM
Anyone have any experiences to share on this? I usually check to make sure I meet dress code requirements before I go to a club. Since the economy tanked most clubs dumped any code they had so I usually go dress casual like slacks, polo shirt and dress shoes. If a guy is wearing a shirt and tie or suit perceived to be Mr. Moneybags who is ripe for the taking where she has to work less hard or does he warrant more time of hers? If he goes in shorts, tennis shoes or jeans and a baseball cap mean he is poorer and she has to work harder for his dollar or does he warrant less time of hers?

44 comments

• dw.buck
    13 years ago
    teh way you dress does have an effect. i was in one club where i guess the dancers are use to seeing guys come in in jeans and tee shirts or ghetto fabulous attire. i rolled in in a oxford shirt, thin vinyl pants and good looking shoes, with a cigar in my mouth and the girls flocked over to me stating they thought i had money, i did and stayed at the tip rail giving each a few bucks per dance every time they got on stage. i was treated well other times i have worn the same outfit and the exact opposite effect granted everyone else was wearing the same thing. another time i was wearing a tee shirt and shorts and i was purely ignored my advice find a dive bar or one that everyone wears street clothes and dress it up get hte danccers to notice you and treat you like a vip
  • londonguy
    13 years ago
    I am told guys arriving in shorts aren't looked upon favorably. I always dress casual but smart, with clean shoes, no trainers (sneekers?).
  • snowtime
    13 years ago
    I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. If you are wearing a suit and tie you will probably attract more dancers in the beginning. But the dancers will soon notice who is spending money and who is not. Also, I have always found that if you sit in a high traffic area of a club, most of the dancers will stop by to see you regardless of the type of clothes you are wearing.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    Imo, it makes little difference how you dress. I've been surprised way too many times to be judgemental anymore.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    The way you dress affects everyone's perception of you, not just strippers'. You will be treated better if you dress nicely. I have always found that a suit and tie will get me the most attention when I go to a new club.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    In a club, I seem to get more attention in my biker persona. Maybe the "bad boy" image? Or maybe I could be a loser and a future bf? I can tell you one thing, in the biker groups I hang with, we spend money! The above said, this only applies to the first couple of visits. After they knew me, it doesn't make a difference.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    its not the way you dress they care about. Its the money
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    My club visits are mostly right after work, so I'm usually suited up, DC corporate style. Never seem to have to wait long at all for the bartender/waitress to take my drink order or for a dancer to approach and ask if I want company. And at my regular club, I'm barely in the door before the bartender is pouring my favorite drink and my fav is heading over to say hi. I did have an interesting experience recently where I went to my usual club "incognito." I was doing some field work (ok, I didn't actually do any real work, but I watched my guys working, lol) so I was dressed in work boots, jeans, khaki shirt with company logo, company ball cap. Later I stopped by the club. Walked in unnoticed, sat at the bar and waited a while before my fav bartender came over and asked what was I having. I just smiled at her for a moment, she did a double take, laughed, said "oh, it's you" and started to get my drink. My fav walked by without a word or a glance my way. A little while later she walked by again, then stopped, turned around, did the same double take, said "oh, it's you" and came over and hugged me. So I guess all this time they were just seeing the suit? Talk about being an "empty suit" lol!
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    I agree with bang man ! U start slinging cash and u will have bitches all over you and even cat fights !
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Go on try it save up $500 and go play like a pimp ! U will see u wills see ! Good luck chuck !
  • canny
    13 years ago
    It all depends. I know one dancer who ignores men in suits because they don't spend money at the club where she works.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I imagine it does influence their perception, but I don't care. I dress as I please.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    It all depends on which clubs you go to. I have learned that at certain clubs, they frown upon dressing down, so I avoid those places as much as possible. As long as I am dressed in clean clothes that aren't ripped or anything, it doesn't really matter much most of the time.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Do guys wear suits anymore? Seriously. Maybe y'all do in New York City or Washington, DC, but in small to medium sized midwestern towns, unless you're a lawyer or a banker, hardly anyone wears a suit. 15 years ago, all salesmen and middle managers dressed for success. Now it's golf shirts with company logos. I do almost all of my clubbing on weekends, so I can't speak from much experience. But I rarely see a dude in a suit in a strip club. And when I do, they kinda look out of place. The kid with the sideways ball cap and shirt hanging down to his knees and baggy shorts down to his ankles is more acceptable than the dressed up guy. Having said all that, what bang69 said sums it up.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    It really all depends. If you roll into a complete dive wearing a suit, you're going to look and feel totally out of place. If you roll into to an upscale style club wearing less than business casual you're not going to fit in and in some places the club will not let you in. Beyond that, how much you're spending has a much bigger influence. What stilletto says is ture, but there are plenty of girls out there that are judgemental. Showing them $ will help. I always aim for business casual. I can't throw a suit into the wash if it gets smelly or dirty. So it's too much overheard in my busy life to run a suit to the dry cleaners becaue of a SC trip. Thus, no suits. Khaki's are usually softer than jeans. Which do you think a dancer would rather rub on? Thus, biz casual is my SOP and covers most clubs.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    @Stiletto: Yes, but you've *learned* that little fact. The new girls, and stupid ones, haven't. I'm with VM; I dress the way I want. If they're not interested, they aren't. Somebody else will be shortly.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    I usually dress the way I want (Unless I'm going to 1 certain Club). I've not noticed a "Problem" with my attire in terms of getting what I want. The $$$$ I spend speaks MUCH louder than my attire!
  • rfcookie
    13 years ago
    I don't care what the customer is wearing. I just work under the assumption that everyone wants a dance from me ;)
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    As everyone on here that has been to a strip club with me knows, I always dress the same. 99.44% of the time I wear nylon shorts, sans underwear and a sexually suggestive t-shirt. The girls love my t-shirts and say the my shorts are respectful of their asses and provides easy access. Those that don't like it, stay away. That saves us both time.
  • LeeH
    13 years ago
    @motorhead, did you say "youts"? ;-)
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    I wear shorts and polo shirts 98% of the time. It is not how you dress, but how you carry yourself and how you spend that counts. IMO, if you walked in smelling like a garbage truck, and spent $$$, dancers would still flock to you.
  • LeeH
    13 years ago
    What I wear is for my own benefit, but it generally seems to get me a few points. Dressing well seems to communicate that you give a damn, and seeing as how my #1 quality in a SC is not being an asshole, this is a good initial way to communicate that fact. FWIW, my SC uniform is: * Microfiber dress slacks, b/c dancers don't grind against denim. (I actually learned that little tidbit here at TUSCL.) The other night, my fave thanked me after a couple couch dances for "letting me rub my ass all over your pants." * Shirt that buttons; doesn't have to be a dress shirt, though. But after a dancer undid 3 of my buttons at the tip rail, I don't want to take away another dancer's opportunity to do the same -- and though 3 is the "record", it's happened a few times since. So I never wore a polo to a SC again.
  • LeeH
    13 years ago
    BTW, my comments are not a diss of others who dress differently. This is purely MY experience and observations in MY area.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "Do guys wear suits anymore? Seriously. Maybe y'all do in New York City or Washington, DC" Only the 1%ers, lol
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    My general rules: No jeans, a shirt with a collar, and no athletic shoes. I usually wear cotton casual slacks, or dress slacks. I learned early on not to wear jeans to a strip club. The heavy seams in denim give the dancers "rug burn." Conversely, I avoid any dancer that might be wearing short-short denim cutoffs as a costume, for the same reason. I have found that the softer the fabrics are in my attire, the more that attracts dancers. So, in deference to LeeH, above, I always wear polo shirts in warm weather. In cooler weather, I'll wear a long sleeve pullover shirt. The winter time is my best season. I almost always wear a soft sweater, over a dress shirt. The dancers just love to grab on to me in a sweater to keep warm. They're nine tenths naked, and I offer them warmth and comfort in how I'm dressed.
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    I work in sales and my "uniform" is dress pants,button down shirt (open collar)and dress [view link] drinks of choice are Jameson and [view link] a new club and/or a club I have not been to for awhile I do believe how I dress and what I drink are noticed and will get me some attention.But if the federal reserve notes don't appear quickly I become yesterday's [view link] charm,quick wit,discerning taste and striking good looks don't go very far in SC's.The guy in work boots, jeans,t-shirt and backwards baseball cap swilling Bud Light will trump me every time if he's throwing it around like a drunken sailor.
  • JackKash
    13 years ago
    Half and half on the "nmice" dress vs functional. My club outfit is soft black khakis, a sport or vintage suit jacket and a button down soft dress shirt. Warmer climes it's a short sleeved button down untucked and no jacket. Khakis 'cause I have read about and experienced the trouble with denim - button down shirts because they get unbuttoned - untucked allows hands to explore too - and the jacket, allows me separate pockets for quick access to my stage singles, my LD 20s and the VIP cash without having to open a wallet and expose everything - it is also a feeble attempt at budgeting for an evening.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    If I'm just looking I go with tee, jeans, traners, ball cap.......if I go for lappers I go with...tee, gym shorts, trainers, no cap......if I go for extras I go with tee, smile on face !
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Didn't Rick_TheIdiot_Dugan say you need to dress up a bit fancy to maximize your OTC chances? It's part of "the system" or something. Surprised he hasn't commented here.
  • gsv
    13 years ago
    I used to take care not to wear jeans and mostly went in khakis. But to tell you the truth, I've still gotten very good contact in jeans. So I don't think it makes that big of a difference to be honest with you.
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    Perception? From a distance, sure. Service offered? Probably not, but it has factored into whether or not an idea was practical.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I haven't noticed that dancers particularly dislike jeans, but that may be a function of how *I* prefer a lapdance, that is just sit there and let me do the groping; I don't need a grind.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    I had a dancer thank me a couple of weeks ago for wearing pants that were soft. I told her the truth, I wore them so that she didn't get hurt/sore by grinding on them and she paid me back by giving me an amazing dance.
  • chimark
    13 years ago
    slacks and button down shirt in the winter, shorts and a tshirt in the summertime. I've never had any problems getting dances in either time of the year
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    I've worn everything from torn jeans & a tshirt to a blouse & skirt, and my "service" is pretty much the same, except a skirt does give the dancers much easier access.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I find going naked sends a definite message
  • silkypants
    13 years ago
    I always wear a coat, button down shirt, soft pants and dress shoes no matter what US club I am in. TJ, I try to keep it a low key so no jacket and shoes you can walk in. I have been getting excellent service at most clubs, but occasionally I get completely ignored due me being the new strange wearing the funny clothes. No issues in Detroit, but Florida and Montana clubs some times require me to work to get dances. Also I rarely get offered phone numbers but I am only a regular at PHC in Detroit.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    lopaw, The last time I took your advice and wore a skirt, they wouldn't even let me in the door. Next time maybe I should try a kilt. :)
  • scatterbrain
    13 years ago
    It's pretty much irrelevant what the rest of you guys say. I'm listening to our dancer friends on this board. THanks #rfcookie and #stilleto25 for your insightful answers.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    lol Clubber! I remember once seeing a guy in a kilt (sans bagpipes) at the entrance to a fave SC last year. Thank god there wasn't a breeze, coz I sure didn't want to know if he was going commando or not!
  • Dolfan
    13 years ago
    I think its more about the area, at least in absolute terms. In South Florida you shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops are acceptable, normal attire. In NYC the same isn't true. There's a whole lot of gray area in between where dressing a bit more upscale than the rest of the patrons will garner you some additional initial attention. I'm with vm though, I dress how I please and have been much happier since I've decided to do so. I typically wear shorts, jeans or khakis, a polo, flip flops or tennis shoes. The dancers who avoid me based on my appearance don't seem to be the ones I enjoy, consequently the percentage of dancers approaching me that I do enjoy has risen. On the occasion when a dancer I fancy may not approach me based on my dress, a waive & a smile or a tip & an invitation to sit at my table has a near 100% success rate for getting some company.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    I don't go to *gentlemens' clubs*, I go to known, tried, tested and true high-mileage clubs that might easily be mistaken for a brothel. So, I dress accordingly; usually easy access pants or shorts, but always commando. I used to wear sweat pants or gym shorts, but I've changed to slightly dressier warm-up suits and khaki shorts because the dancers thought my intentions were too obvious before...wtf. The important things are that both me and my clothes are reasonably clean, that I am polite, and I have money to spend for the right service. I went in my fav club once with a suit on just to show the girls that I do have another side to me.
  • trickystick
    13 years ago
    I wear whatever I would wear if I played golf that day. I live in the South, so 90% of the time it's shorts and a short sleeved polo. Always boxers, never commando. I don't think it matters all that much at the club I frequent since I know many dancers, but easier access usually works out in your favor. On the rare occasion I've had dancers ask why I'm wearing shorts and tell me that they usually avoid guys in shorts because they are looking for extras. I generally send them on their way because they have a bad attitude. Part of the enjoyment for me is the unknown, so when they make it known it is a huge turnoff.
  • idaho_75
    12 years ago
    I just go for a shirt with a collar, nice slacks, black shoes. I figure if I feel like I look good, it rubs off on how I interact with the girls. Sometimes a decent looking velour sweater works well, since dancers like to pet fuzzy clothes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion