tuscl

POOL TABLES IN SC

10inches
Florida
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:40 PM
why have pool tables in an SC? waste of space that could be used for more tables/chairs. guys hang around to play but don't spend any money (makes one beer last 3 hours). pool cue makes great club during brawl. fights break out over game.

27 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    it is an additional revenue source. Playing a game of pool costs $2 at a local strip club plus a slight increase in drink revenue from them buying drinks. Also helps create a laid back environment. I have not observed any fights before. I agree though that if seating is limited then it is pretty stupid to have a pool table taking up valuable space. The pool table at the local strip club here is situated on the other side of the bar so it does not take up any seating space.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    They really need to get rid of the one at Follies.
  • HB13
    13 years ago
    Good place for the designated driver / broke buddies.
  • snowtime
    13 years ago
    Two of my favorite clubs have them. Both are relatively small clubs and the pool tables clog up the area when the clubs are crowded. The people who use these tables seem largely disinterested in the strip club activity. You rarely see them in the larger clubs. I personally think they are out of place and the space could be used more efficiently.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    I once saw bored naked strippers playing pool in a club with a dearth of customers. The pool game was, by far, more entertaining than the stage shows. Ever seen a dancer with big natural breasts setting up over a shot in tight quarters? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
  • chukko
    13 years ago
    Baby Dolls in the Dayton Ohio area used to have one, but it was taken out and replaced by a 25 dollar a dance VIP room. Since the dances don't vary between the 10 dollar and 25 dollar dances (no extras, just more privacy), I find it a waste. I enjoyed shooting pool with the club patrons and watching/tipping the girls. It was laid back. They make more money now from unsuspecting customers, because everytime they ask for a dance and you accept they try to walk in the direction of the VIP. I smile, giggle, and say that I'll take the 10 dollar dances over there. Now on the contrary. The Living Room in Dayton has a pool table in the middle of the entire club and I hate it. It is out of place. Maybe if it was cast off to the side by a wall it would be better. I used it once and just felt like everybody was watching like it some kind of pro pool tournament. Not to mention it is on a raised area. It would be better if it was a small stage for dances and tips. The place gets packed enough that it would make more money for the girls.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    chukko also Cheeks just south of Dayton has some pool tables, along with a arcade machine and mechanical bull riding area.
  • chukko
    13 years ago
    Yah. I saw the new arcade machines and mechanical bull. Looks more fun now. The pool table has been there for awhile. I just don't like the metal detectors, but they do make me feel safer.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    that's a sad commentary on a strip club when they add a mechanical bull, and the club becomes more fun!
  • Jackmd
    13 years ago
    McDoogles in Baltimore has a pool table, but they also have plenty of room. Yes farmerart, there is nothing like watching a large breasted naked woman play pool. Hell I think its even better than the lap-dances.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    You see a lot of camel toe when strippers play pool. Either way the club makes money. So people shoot pool better after a few beers
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    It is my personal belief that most clubs are too big for the space they are allowed to inhabit and thus they need to use some of the excessive space for something that can generate money, which for the majority of clubs, is a pool table. It's always fun to play a stripper in pool. It's not like every stripper is entertaining, and in some clubs, most aren't. I also second the notion of there being nothing like watching a nude large breasted lady shooting pool. That said, one time when I saw a fight in a strip club, it was over the pool game.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Over the years, I have had a few entertaining pool games with strippers, so I have mixed feelings about this.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    At McDoogal's in Baltimore, the pool tables are opposite the 'lap dance' area. You pay $30 for a nude lapper with low mileage and all the boys playing pool get to watch 9anywhere from 5 to 15 feet away at the most) get a free show.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I'm with Shadowcat. Follies isn't large, so I'd recommend removing the pool table. It occupies the entire upper level and makes passage tight and dangerous, having to avoid hunched over players with their cue sticks swinging back and forth. They should install more high-top tables with bar chairs that facilitate lap dances - what we really come there for.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I don't mind shooting a little stick from time to time. And like bang69 said, cameltoe is nice to watch.
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    I actually like clubs that have a pool table. Gives me something else to do. And I don't see how having one pool table in a club can do much harm.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    I don't like it all. But I can see playing strippers could be fun. I've seen some places with video games. Not real strip clubs in my opinion. They were basically just neighborhood bars that started having topless dancers. One club had Golden Tee. I totally don't get that. Just ask yourself this: Would the Flight Club or the Penthouse Club in Detroit have a pool table? Or some of the top Vegas clubs?
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    I think clubs with pool tables should offer specialty shows/dances that take place on and around the tables. I'm picturing the need to clean the cues, balls and racks! lol
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    Again, depends on the club. In places where the dancers can play (in some cases nude) then the pool table is not a negative. However, in general addding a pool table make a place more of a bar with stripper then a strip club with bar amenaties.
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    I like 'em. Hell, I wish they'd install a bowling alley!
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    Possible uses for a pool table in a strip club: 1. Quick and easy path to get some really nice views of a dancer while she plays 2. Simple distraction when waiting for something more interesting to happen 3. If you're not a regular, good way to figure out the club and put the dancers at ease 4. Passive aggressive way to piss off a regular who wants the dancer you're with 5. Convenient way to let the girl win at something if she's into that Bonus use: Also works as a peace offering for said regulars who don't take kindly to strangers. Less expensive than beers and shots.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Why have strippers in pool halls?
  • bhunter5252
    13 years ago
    I always thought McDougals, mentioned above, should have nude pool tournaments where patrons sponsor their favorite girl to enter and "play". I would love to watch some nice ladies do those bent over shots in the nude.....
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    In a club no longer open, I did have some interesting games, some years ago.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I do enjoy watching topless dancers play pool. Maybe not as much as on stage. I might like it if they also had some old style arcade and pinball games as well for when I want a break from the regular part of the club and possibly some grouped race car arcade machines and some shoot em up arcade machines. A good hamburger and fries would be nice too but I can leave the strip club if I get hungry for that.
  • crecat03
    13 years ago
    I think a pool table or two can add a lot to a strip club, especially in uncrowded and low mileage clubs. The one in Byron GA that is frequented by truck drivers has pool tables and dancers will play naked pool for $10. A lot of times I enjoy just hanging out with the girls at a pool table rather than getting dances. On the other hand, until they expand, the pool table at Follies has to go. It is simply too crowded with it in there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion