tuscl

What song, if any, is stuck in your head right now?

Sunday, June 16, 2024 6:12 AM
Does anyone else get the most random songs stuck in their head the way I do? Sometimes it's a song that I love, which kind of makes sense, but I've also gotten songs that I don't even like stuck in my head, which never ceases to amaze me...

The song currently stuck in my head is:

"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot

Fortunately for me, I'm a big fan of this particular song, and of Gordon Lightfoot. The album this song is from, "Summertime Dream", is absolutely fantastic...

17 comments

• motorhead
    3 months ago
    You tube videos of tennis players dancing keeps popping up on my feeds. Always the same song. People keep asking what it is. And I don’t know. One person said Lady Gaga but I wouldn’t know
  • ClubFan81077
    3 months ago
    ^I'm always asking my cell phone assistant to tell me what song is playing...
  • shadowcat
    3 months ago
    "September" By Earth, Wind and Fire.
  • Willy215
    3 months ago
    Lately I've had Jellyroll's Save Me in my head. But it changes based upon location and or mood
  • GivenToFly
    3 months ago
    That damn Henry VIII I am, I am song. Happens every time a review for that club pops up.
  • misterorange
    3 months ago
    Happens to me quite a lot. Unfortunately it's almost always a song I can't stand, or a really bad TV commercial jingle.
  • twentyfive
    3 months ago
    ^ those commercial jingles can really fuck with your sanity, two of the worst are that fucking stay cash for cars that fucker makes me want to smack him in the head, and those little fuckn kids in the donate your car, they’re annoying AF
  • Studme53
    3 months ago
    Good Lord Lorrie by the Turnpike Troubadours for some reason.

Side note - how many times I have to watch that annoying Xfinity internet commercial with the family counselor and couple with the teenage son who wants to stay home because his internet sucks? It douchy and it makes no fucking sense.
  • Studme53
    3 months ago
    25 - I don’t even thing those kids on the car donate commercial are even playing their own instruments-
    JK
  • gSteph
    3 months ago
    I'll Fly Away.

Heard it sung about a week ago at a jam
    Sticky little thing.

My wife will sometimes burst into Yellow Submarine to kick out an earworm.
  • rickthelion
    3 months ago
    Right now it is a rotation of Shake it off, Fortnight, and Cruel Summer. This lion loves his princess. ROAR!!!
  • ClubFan81077
    3 months ago
    @shadowcat I love that song! And the EWF song "Fantasy" has also been stuck in my head before...

@Willy215 not familiar with this song, but I'll search for it on youtube and give it a listen...

@GivenToFly LOL...I can totally see that happening, and I've that darn song stuck in my head before too!

@misterorange @twentyfive oh yeah, some of those jingles are beyond annoying, and the more I hate the jingle, the more frequently they seem to play the commercial. The mute button on my remote usually gets used at least 8 to 10 times over the course of a typical sporting event to silence annoying commercials...

@Studme53 I'll give that song a listen!

@gSteph Yellow Submarine has been stuck in my head probably more than 50 times over the years! Hopefully your wife's rendition is a good one? :)

@rickthelion "Shake it Off" is catchy as hell!

• MrFuturi
    3 months ago
    I like Grooveline by Heatwave
  • ClubFan81077
    3 months ago
    @Studme53 I'd never heard of that band or that song, but I just gave it a listen, and what a good song it is. Love the harmonica. Thanks!
  • ClubFan81077
    3 months ago
    @Willy215 Just listened to it for the first time...good song!
  • loper
    3 months ago
    Yes, it's called an earworm. If you're tired of the song stuck in your head you can usually supplant it with another of your choice. Currently, "Can't you see?" by the Marshall Tucker band. Those three chords are really catchy!
  • HoneyDewMelons
    3 months ago
    The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang ever since I seen the video a couple days ago I can't get the tune out of my head
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion