tuscl

What is it about Cuban strippers that make them eventually take over a club?

Friday, April 21, 2023 1:00 PM
Have we ever gone into the why on that? I should ask more displaced dancers specifically this question. But it seems like they chase all the other ethnicities away in do time. You'll get 1, 2, 3 Cuban girls start at a club, form a clique and then a couple more and all of a sudden there goes the neighborhood. Are these other girls getting bullied? Are they just feeling lonely because they aren't going to be let in the circle? It seems like all the black, white, even other latinas eventually just stop working there and you'll hear customers bemoan this in reviews. It's a real big thing in Texas and Florida strip clubs and it's hitting other cities too. I think up to us to investigate and get to the bottom of this phenomenon, I don't think the NYtimes or WSJ are going to anytime soon.

35 comments

• doctorevil
    a year ago
    Pretty simple in my view. They will fuck cheaper than American girls.
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    They do whatever it takes to get your cash. At least if a Cuban dancer speaks English I am forgiving that she has put in the effort to assimilate somewhat. We got clubs where no Cubans speak English and all I hear is wanna dance. There are 2 smoking hot Cubans that speak English well, and provide ultimate high mileage dances that basically get you to drop a load in your pants in 2 songs and you’re crazy not to go back to them. I’d say no fuss, get to business, and pretend to enjoy doing it at a fair price is a good business model for the attractive ones. The aesthetically challenged Cubans will wanna dance you all day, and yet to find an attractive ROB because they get down to business quick, which is what I like.
  • gammanu95
    a year ago
    Look at Cuba. They produce very little there, and what little is produced is is the poorest quality. So these Cuban women come here with no marketable skills or knowledge, yet refuse the hard manual and blue collar labor that Mexicans and Central Americans often accept. It makes sense that when a couple of friends find a club that's hiring and lets them make money that word spreads throughout the suicidal circle quickly. Then, their culture is very insular, clique-oriented, and hostile to outsiders, which leads them to oust the other dancers rather than assimilate. It sucks because it kills the variety and excitement if the club.
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    At my home club they are colliding to raise the lap dance prices. And the fact that they tend to offer more mileage than any other ethnicity elevates their status in the dancer hierarchy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    I assume it's like any other business/service that offers more for le$$ to where competitors can't compete or don't find it worth it to compete. The few complaints I've heard from American dancers have all pretty-much been w.r.t. the Cubanas charging less.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    It's not only related to stripping - it has often been stated that mass immigration affects the lower/working class bc it often drives down wages (not to mention many of these immigrants are hungry for opportunity and often work harder and complain less).
  • Hank Moody
    a year ago
    If I was providing more mileage, I’d raise prices too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    In the context of getting more for less - a lot of the attractive Cuban strippers would likely not be stripping if it wasn't for them being relatively recent immigrants (I wouldn't doubt a lot of them are paying off large debts from their journey to the U. S. and u$ing stripping to get out of under that debt much quicker than working a menial-job) ) - and why one doesn't see a plethora of Cuban-strippers that speak good/proper English from having been born/raised here.
  • nicespice
    a year ago
    Cuban dancers exist en masse in certain clubs because titty bar managers like being able to contract a bunch of dancers at once who are lighter skinned (yes, I know darker Cubans exist, but most of them aren’t getting contracted, and a LOT of them could pass off as white) and their bodies are at a certain skinny level (the region/managers will determine how acceptable that level is. I feel like places like Texas are more forgiving), and don’t have tattoos. If a club isn’t high end enough, it’s tougher for them to keep those kinds of dancers out. But introduce Cubans and the void has been filled. And there is probably attitude stuff where Cubans are less likely to protest if managers want to be on some bs. Like in Denver when one club ended up with a huge Cuban influx post -Covid, managers started getting extra ballsy with things like firing dancers for dumb reasons but “for $50 I’ll let you work again”. Also, Cubans have a way of finding the clubs where “wanna dance” works more easily and letting their network know, so they flock to those clubs. In some areas where Cubans are already “established” like Texas, where there is a bunch of them but Americans too, I wouldn’t consider their presence a bad thing. That was basically the environment I started out dancing in anyways. But in other areas, if Cubans have “taken over” it wasn’t really them directly who bullied Americans dancers out but a power tripping American club manager who realizes he prefers maintaining a roster that’s easier for him to deal with. Or easier in the short term anyways. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • mogul1985
    a year ago
    If Cuban girls are providing a higher quality service in demand, I don't see the problem. I have my preference for dancers and #1 has always been and will continue to be personality. As a manager in my line of work, I hire based on merit, who can produce the best at the job.
  • Brahma2k
    a year ago
    They are pretty, likely have a lower ‘higher living’ standard target, culturally more likelier to have been around erotic dance and a more sexually open atmosphere. Do the math…
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    I don't know about other regions, but around here I think its a simple matter of availability. There's a lot more Latina's in the market to be strippers than American girls around here, so it's pretty natural they take over. As far as I can tell, the Cuban chicks around here don't let managers bully them with bullshit fines and stuff. They know full well if they get fired at one club they can hit up another one and be working that same day.
  • SanchoRG
    a year ago
    Tampa here. They are 'white', they put out, they are transactional, not clingy. Generally in much better shape than home-grown Floridians. I don't always go with a Cuban but it's nice to have the option. I've been to some Cuban-free North Florida strip clubs. They fucking blow.
  • Subraman
    a year ago
    I've never been in a club where Cubans have taken over, but reading years of discussion, nicespice's explanation fits the discussion perfectly. In particular, we as customers often tend to explain things based on how everything affects us, but the motivations for managers hiring them, the way Cuban stripper radio lets one dancer broadcast that there's a good club to come to, etc., all seem to make sense
  • Rob1115
    a year ago
    Being from Philly we don't see many Cubans but there are a couple clubs where there is a high proportion of Brazilians and in my view they are some of the prettiest. One club in particular has a lot of older Brazilians. One is 59 with a kick ass body and very pretty, plus she has a nice personality. I've had a several others where FS was available for a reasonable price.
  • ForwardSpirit4236
    a year ago
    Cuban girls are friendly, willing to do everything, and smoking hot. I don't see a problem. I had a super hot black girl at Dean's gold complain to me how they took over though. And funny enough the black girl was talking about how she's not gonna fuck me while she was on top of me in a private room and then she relented put my dick in her.
  • docsavage
    a year ago
    The offering more mileage theory sounds plausible to me. This wouldn't work in a market where mileage is limited by local laws. I've seen some pretty ones here in Indianapolis, but they quickly disappear from the club. When they try to do more, the manager discovers it and fires them. The only other problem I see them having is that the more north you go the fewer Spanish speakers there are and the higher the expectation is that you speak English. I like Hispanic dancers. My two favorites now are a Puerto Rican girl and a Mexican girl. I would be open to having a Cuban regular but I haven't seen one yet that has stayed more than a month in my local strip clubs.
  • Mike Rotch
    a year ago
    Maybe they just love America for letting them in and are eager to show us their appreciation, sexually.
  • Player11
    a year ago
    They play - one fucked me in vip for a Ben.
  • blahblahblah23
    a year ago
    I think in some areas there's just a ton of Cubans already there such as Florida. Other times a few girls go somewhere, consider it good, then tell all the other Cubanas to come on over. A lot of customers like them cuz usually, yes, they aren't all tatted up and usually have decent or bangin' bodies. I don't wanna say *all* but most of them are more liberal sexually at the clubs in their work.
  • rickdugan
    a year ago
    I think that nicespice nailed it on the head. They solve a lot of scheduling issues for club managers. It's similar in many respect to how the EEU girls have come to be heavily represented in certain northeast clubs. They're lighter skinned and often hot, work in groups, not shy and they show up when they're supposed to. Nice is also right in that they tend to stick best in clubs where a wanna dance format works. I'll just add that that they also stick better in clubs that are willing to turn a blind eye to the higher mileage that they provide. We had a wave of them roll through a handful of years ago here in J'ville. They stuck in a couple of the local higher mileage clubs, but many of them didn't last long in the other clubs.
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    It’s a plot to take America over, haven’t y’all heard of the Cuban conspiracy theories
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    “Remember the Maine” LOL
  • captainfun
    a year ago
    I have been around a fair number of Cuban dancers over time. Previously in FL and TX but more recently they have entered many markets since border rules have lessened. Agree that many are attractive and spicy however after a lot of experience with them, including two nights this past week in Portland, Cuban girls, more so than any others ask for xyz and no matter what you offer or agree to, they almost always ask for more - another drink, buy me dinner, add another dance, bigger tip, etc. I am a comfortable Spanish speaker. Not sure if that makes them more inclined to push for more or not. Either way, I am surprised at how consistently pushy they are and I chalk it up to a cultural thing. All that to say I don’t avoid them but I also don’t seek them out.
  • Jdo11
    a year ago
    Cubanas fuck cheaper than American nationals. Plus they all have BBLs which is in right now. It's created a dichotomy in my area where all the 9s and 10s work at the downtown clubs and all the enhanced cubanas work by the airport. Two different markets offering the same experience at drastically different prices, both of whom I'm happy to take advantage of.
  • dirtyburt
    a year ago
    The Cubans pack up for Power & Control of the club. Once they Take Over the club, they own it.. The other Non-Cuban girls usually leave or don’t stay too long if they just got hired on. Once the Cubans take over a club, ” the Cubans then have a tendency to forget almost all English when they go to the VIP……. Watch Out Flight Club……… Your Next..
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    They perform better than the "I'm not that type of girl" non-Cubans. Love when girls voluntarily talk down about girls that make costies happy. Makes my selection process much easier.
  • chiefwiggum
    a year ago
    I agree with nicespice and everyone else who says they're cheaper. They're also supportive of each other (generally) so it makes it easier to manage. I don't see them taking over a club, per se, but once you get many in a club, natural market forces take over. In South Florida, I had offers from $250 - 500. In Chicago, at least, the Cuban or Easter European influx dies down enough that US girls start repopulating the line up.
  • GordonShumway
    7 months ago
    If you're in Atlanta and want Cubans, Vivide is the club (a lot of the Follies people started this place up after it closed, I don't think Vivide existed prior to that). Also, the "wanna dance" phrase has now bee simply shortened to "dance" lol. I'll say this, though, the Cuban club is the one club in Atlanta where you don't see girls just sitting around young guys just so they can smoke their weed, so I'll credit them that.
  • ilbbaicnl
    7 months ago
    I can understand why US-born strippers feel dissed. You look at jobs that required a 4-year or graduate degree, and it's a huge controversy how many H1B visas are going to be allowed. But, for strippers facing similar concerns, it's a non-issue for the general public. But another analogy is the small car market. There don't seem to be small cars made in the US, that are of the same quality as those made in Japan. Should importation of Japanese small cars be banned, to protect US workers/companies? Is that fair to the people who want to buy a small car? Cuban strippers generally have looser boundaries AND they seem entirely comfortable with those looser boundaries. US strippers who have similarly loose boundaries tend to be self-defeating and therefore depressing to associate with. It's callous, but I already have enough to be depressed bout. The Cubans typically go to Nicaragua first, and then make their way north to the US border. They go through some hard shit. One told me she had to work as a waitress in the Yucatan for months to save money to continue north. (She had been a high school math teacher in Cuba.) You can't be self-defeating and take on a challenge like that, you just stay in Cuba. It's not clear to me that Cubans push down dancer $. In Vegas, they get typical Strip-area rates at Sophia's, and typical downtown rates at Chicas Bonitas. In Houston at Chicas Locas, they get $20 per song which I think is similar to other clubs. Atlanta has a good number of Cuban strippers. But Atlanta has relatively many clubs, which results in many clubs with no quota limiting the number of black dancers. Because dark skin and the West African facial features of Black Americans are not the US beauty standard, black strippers end up commanding only discounted rates. Which makes it harder to jack up rates at clubs that do have black quotas.
  • RonJax2
    7 months ago
    > But another analogy is the small car market. I love this analogy. I'm a big fan of latina spinners and I, for one, welcome our new Cubana overlords.
  • ilbbaicnl
    7 months ago
    Re some of nicespice´s comments, if a club is playing dancers (Cuban or not) off against each other to force shabby treatment on them, that's one big purpose of dancer reviews. Plenty of us want to avoid clubs like that. For practical reasons if nothing else. It's a hard enough job, letting strangers grope on you. You don't need club management showing their whole ass to you on top of that.
  • The Cuban girls tend to turn tricks and most of them have a pimp daddy. Talk to them and you will find that they likely live together with at least 2 other dancers in the club along with their pimp. Cuban women in general are known to give it up easy. I was at a hotel as a guest in Fort Lauderdale and they had a Cuban bartender. She was also doubling as the waitress since they served food and the regular waitress didnt show up. She took my order and we chatted about where she was from and other stuff and had a few laughs. She asked for my number, and said she would call when she gets off work in a couple hours and we can go out later. I gave it to her not expecting her to call. I ended up hanging out in hotel room and it was around 10PM she calls and asks if I am at hotel and I said yes. She actually picked me up with her friend and we went to a bar an got back around 2AM. I thought she was just going to drop me off, but she was all over me in the car. She wanted to come up so I let her. She told her friend to come too and so she parked all 3 of us went up. She just wore a hat and put her hair up so no one really recognized her, plus we used the door that didnt go directly by the front desk. once we got in she didnt waste much time. our clothes were off and her friend was just on sofa watching TV but kept looking over. I asked her if she wanted to join and she told her friend "c'mon get your clothes off" but in Spanish. so we ended up having a threesome. I think she got off on the fact that it was the hotel she worked at. I enjoyed licking both of their pussies and they double teamed me on the oral. Not going to lie I still beat off to the thought of it. I wish I would have taken video , I dont think they would have objected if I would have asked, but it was spontaneous so no time to think about it much. One wanted it in the ass, but I;m not much of an ass guy so I just stuck with the pussy.
  • Let me clarify "they likely live together with at least 2 other Cuban dancers WHO ALSO work in the club along with their pimp who picks them up. So they go in liek a pack.
  • rickdugan
    a month ago
    To summarize what others have said, it's pretty simple really. They travel in packs, give up the mileage and show up consistently for their shifts. From a club manager's perspective, what's not to like? They make it easy to fill the dancer roster and keep horny guys flowing into the club. With that said, not everyone likes the Cuban girls. In Jacksonville they have more or less taken over 1 club and are well represented in another. But they didn't really stick in many of the others when the big wave rolled through some years back.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion