tuscl

Way OT

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Sunday, October 2, 2022 1:39 PM
Out of curiosity; who here grew up riding horses and/or has ridden horses a lot: A) never B) a handful of times C) have ridden a lot D) grew up riding E) other

41 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    A) never
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Just a couple times when I was a kid. It looks way more comfortable in the movies.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Bet on thousands, ridden none.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I grew up riding Horses, not as often lately, but I have ridden a lot over the years, when we were younger one of my Pop's favorite family vacation spots was a dude ranch, we went there often as my the owner of the ranch was an army buddy of my dads who inherited the ranch from his parents, at the time in addition to being a dude ranch it was a working beef ranch.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    C...a lot.i love horses. Animals in general.
  • Tiburon
    2 years ago
    E) once. In life
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Somewhere between B & C.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    D - Grew up on a ranch in West Texas. I now own that ranch. Anybody want to buy some land in West Texas ?
  • Dave_Anderson
    2 years ago
    Between B and C. Not in many years though. Like horses but don't miss that smell you can't get out of nostrils.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    B. What about F) grew up ridden by horses for SJG? I guess that falls under "other".
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Once in Ensenada, Mexico.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    once as a kid. never again - my balls felt like they were being violated in some way by all this monstrous solid horse flesh underneath them.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    A couple times - “trail riding” on vacation. It was fun - learned horses have their own personalities with a lot of differences
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    Only a couple times as a child. My sister and my female cousin both loved it and did it a lot.
  • BubbleYum
    2 years ago
    D and E. I had five equine growing up. I had Quarter Horse/Arabian mix I trained myself. He acted up too much to be reliable for shows. I had a POA (Pony of America's) that I used for shows in showmanship, trail riding, and Hunter/Jumper events. He was also trained in Dressage, but I wasn't. I also had a Welsh pony/Quarter Horse mix who was fantastic in rodeo events and trail riding. I also had two Shetland ponies who were just pets and never ridden (one was disabled and one was old age). My mom boarded a Thoroughbred yearling and I was asked to help train him. The owners refused to geld him, so I noped out of training because training stallions is not my forte.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @Papi C) One of my students family had horses and her sister was an Olympic level rider, she invited me over to their place to ride. E) Now I only ride my iron horse Harley Chopper
  • HannibalSmith
    2 years ago
    C and D. Grew up on a farm with horses. Still ride (and farm), just not as much as I use to…
  • conan_mac_morna
    2 years ago
    B. I much prefer the steel sort. They're more predictable and less expensive to keep.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    “my balls felt like they were being violated” Don’t know if you watch “Yellowstone” but this was addressed last season when Dutton (Kevin Costner) tried to teach a young kid to ride. “You gotta bounce with the horse”
  • chimera422
    2 years ago
    B) a college buddy of mine worked on a horse farm fir a few years, and tried to get me into the whole equestrian thing. It was ok, but noth8ng I missed once I stopped.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    D
  • nj_pete
    2 years ago
    Between B & C
  • NinaBambina
    2 years ago
    B
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    B. Trail rides a number of times. Rode my buddy's Percheron (a huge draft horse) when it bolted from a big bug that bit her ass. I hung on for dear life until she eventually calmed down and stopped running at full speed. Glad I didn't die lol. My present SB does show jumping and I have ridden her horse before (not over jumps...nope). I like horses but they are spooky animals.
  • DrStab
    2 years ago
    Maybe twice.
  • minnow
    2 years ago
    B) Rode a few times as a teenager when the rides were ~ 3 miles away, just once as a 30ish adult during a visit with relative who got the urge that day.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    C
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    I rode once, and it was a ton of fun. It was a little scary because turkey hunting season had just begun, so we wore bright orange, made a lot of noise, and called "rider" often, but 10/10 would do again.
  • DandyDan
    2 years ago
    I rode one once at my mom's cousin's horse farm in Wisconsin when I was a kid. He participated in some kind of competition for quarter horses. I didn't much enjoy it and never had a need to do it again.
  • bobsuncle
    2 years ago
    C and I used to think I was a good rider until I watched my son driving the herd at a full gallop. I could never work a horse like he does.
  • Dan3635
    2 years ago
    C for me. I worked at a place that had 100-120 horses. Rode a bunch until the clean up work was less fun than the ride. Haven’t ridden in decades, and I would probably fall on my ass.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    I would say C, even though I haven't been on a horse in 40 years. When I was in my midteens, all the rich girls had horses. If you went with one of them for a ride, somewhere along the trail they were probably going to be riding you. Needless to say, I rode horses with them as often as I could. I never really cared about having a horse. Too much work and I always kinda thought of it as a chick thing. I worked my ass off for a year saving up and bought a used 1973 combat wombat. I much preferred dirt bikes. When I got banged up on a dirt bike it was because I did something stupid, not because the horse did something stupid.
  • caseyx
    2 years ago
    I might have done it once or twice as a kid but that might have been pony rides that don't really count (hard to remember). I've done it once as an adult and enjoyed it enough that I'd like to do it again.
  • bobsuncle
    2 years ago
    Scrub, that insult is as lame as your dick.
  • gSteph
    2 years ago
    B. Just a few times. Maybe in another life I’d be good on horses – this one – not so much. 1st time – 10 years old or so, riding double behind a friend, “ready for me to make her run?”, horse takes off, within seconds I start falling (left), I’m holding onto him, so he starts falling, he’s holding the reins, so the horse is doing a tightening left turn. As I leave the horse I think, shit, I’m gonna hit the hard fast ground, sure hope the back of the horse doesn’t run over me. Ouch. Last time I was on a horse, I’m 20 or so, actually have a girlfriend (this weekend anyway), were visiting this ranch, decide to ride the old mare. It’s pretty cool, slow horse, gentle walk, snug up against her, hugging leads to fondling, I’m really liking this, horse decides enough of this carrying 2 people shit, and slow walks under a low branch, depositing us in the pasture. Great fun. Yeah, maybe in another life.
  • satsuma
    2 years ago
    I've ridden them only a couple of times in my life, but I never grew up around horses or ranches and didn't have the money to ride regularly. Otherwise I wish I did, horses seem cool. Maybe if I spend enough time at the club I can afford to ride regularly.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    E - once as a child. After that I never wanted to ride again. Everyone got these dull old horses who just strolled along, and I got one that was intent on showing a city kid a lesson! One of my daughters began riding at a young age, and progressed to become a competitive jumper. I spent a lot of time watching her train and compete, and I was happy to not ever be asked to ride again. I was surprised when she decided to not compete on her university equestrian team. Although, my wallet is finally starting to recover a bit…
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    b. maybe four times. ( not a bucket list item.)
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    each time with family.
  • kingcripple
    2 years ago
    B
  • prevert
    2 years ago
    Never been on a horse don’t want to. I’ve see what they can do.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion