tuscl

Will Roe V. Wade being overturned impact mngering?

WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
New Jersey
Politics aside I have two thoughts:

1. Roe was about an umbrella of privacy. That umbrella is gone. Do we have less privacy in VIP rooms, LD areas etc...?

2. Without abortion, FS is riskier. Will the service provider pass that cost onto the customer?

66 comments

• Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Paternity suits may increase.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Question 1 doesn't really cross w/ Rowe v. Wade. On Question 2, yeah maybe it's time for some of us to rethink the raw girl.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Short term, it will have no effect.

Longer term, it might have a small impact. This is the beginning of a pendulum swing bringing power back to the states. If your state is a classic liberal ( I.e, libertarian ) state, it may feel like it can liberalize various sin industries. Or, if it’s a Bible Belt state, it might tighten some rules.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    One thing that could change is returning the decision on drinking age to the States. That could affect clubs.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    There were posts on more than one platform from dancers taking about how disgusted they were with men because of this, and didn’t even want to go into work.

So far, at least at my club, that didn’t do squat to lessen how many dancers showed up. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    Behold! The Power of the Internet!

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/new…

This was from three days ago. If you decide you'd like to actually read the statement released by the Texas AG, it states that although the US Supreme Court judgement has not been issued there are Texas laws never repealed banning abortion (and are potentially enforceable immediately). Now the tongue waggers and random lawyers are saying this is uncharted territory and the 1925 TX law was considered effectively repealed, but the sitting AG has already shown himself to be a...creative thinker. So at best in the TX it's already a tossup. The Louisiana AG has also made a public statement about their trigger law, but I just skimmed over it the other day.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    This decision has nothing to do with privacy in the CR, since sexual contact for a fee wasn't legal under Roe anyway and it has nothing to do with the drinking age since there is no Federal drinking age at all. The drinking age is up to the states. Feds passed a CFR (regulation) requiring States to have a drinking age of 21 in order to qualify for Federal Highway funds. It's a state's rights issue, but the Feds can set requirements on money and extort the changes they want. A Judge already stayed the Louisiana law.
  • Subraman
    2 years ago
    I have seen discussions in sexworker forums with this starting to pop up. Risk is higher, I'm raising my rates. 90% chance it's just posing on the internet, it's the market that will decide, but it's not an unreasonable factor for a sexworker to consider. Traveling to another state for an abortion might cost hundreds or more; a lot more than that if she can't get one at all.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I'm interested if Texas will pass its anti masturbation law. Equating male masturbation with killing an unborn life and fining men $100 per cum shot. Urging people to turn others in...

But overturning roe v wade will affect prostitution in states with bans
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    ^Please cut your own throat and do humanity a favor. Lmao @ the prostitution comment. You are one fucked up retard.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Skibitch go tell the women impacted to celebrate a victory for state rights to set up theocratic laws governing their bodies.

Subraman you're like sjg. You "read" about it 🤡
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Any FS provider who wasn't already taking every damn measure to avoid pregnancy and STDs is crazy.

I wonder if Texas and Oklahoma will see a rise in anal.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    No form of birth control is 100% effective. If things like plan b are banned or access to birth control becomes compromised it will have a huge impact. And we'll see a lucrative black market for those products as well. It opens the doors to a lot of possibilities but we'll see a month or so from now.

They basically overturned planned parenthood v Casey as well. Which will have a further reaching impact on privacy and bodily autonomy.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    To answer the OP question in states where they bad abortion there will be more poor unwed mothers and thus more dancers, etc. I don't think anything substationally changes in behavior at the clubs. Perhaps fewer girls willing to go FS or uncovered in those locations.

It definitely makes it harder for girls who don't have the economic means to overcome an early life accidental pregnancy. This turns back the clock for better or worse depending on your opinion.

• ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    In 18 years, the price of dances will go down. Due to the unwanted 18-year-old young women being put out on the street. Glad I'll probably be dead, so I won't have to see it.

It won't change things as much as people think. The states that will make it illegal have already made abortions extremely hard to get.

The thing I'm not sure about is whether abortion by medication can be stopped. Some states are passing shield laws, so it may still be possible to get the medication through the mail, since the sender won't have to worry about extradition. Are the cops in red states going to start seizing and inspecting packages on a massive scale?
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ I'm not aware of a case going towards SCOTUS that could affect Griswold, nor any justice other than Thomas who might be inclined to rethink it. Unlike abortion, contraception isn't controversial among any noteworthy segment of the American people, and a law would get passed by Congress very quickly.

What a lot of people on either side can't pin down is when does the zygote/fetus/baby become worthy of the protections of personhood, whether that's conception, implantation, heartbeat, pain sensation, development of whatever organ system. More people are interested in posturing to their fellows than a discussion of embryology and medical science, which is where I think it should be decided--not religion or politics.
  • Subraman
    2 years ago
    "Any FS provider who wasn't already taking every damn measure to avoid pregnancy and STDs is crazy."

That's true. But birth control can fail, and many FS providers report being "stealthed". I'd view it as a legit expensive risk
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl, as far as intercepting every package in the mail, it is just not feasible to inspect every letter, or monitor every woman's menstrual cycle for a pregnancy or potential pregnancy. The D&C procedure isn't just for abortion, it's used for fibroids, or cancer, or miscarriages, or to remove extra tissue after a childbirth.

I think shit like this is why most "abortion bans" are like pissing in the wind.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @subraman, I agree, not all measures are 100%. Which is why any FS provider should be taking a pill or have an IUD in addition to a condom (which is more for STDs).

And if you do get stealthed, take a Plan B (and shank the prick who stealthed you on the way out of the booth).
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @ Tetradon
    You seem to be forgetting about something, many of our anti abortion states have already enacted trigger laws that not only make abortion illegal within their jurisdictions but they criminalize citizens living within their borders, with threatened prosecutions for traveling to jurisdictions where it is legal some have gone as far as encouraging vigilantes to do the prosecutions for them.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @25, any deputizing civilians to enforce laws scares me, that's secret police kind of shit...but again, how are they going to check every miscarriage, the pregnancy status of anyone who travels outside their borders. Particularly when the clinical/sympathetic individual in the legal jurisdiction doesn't cooperate. I'm not a legal expert but this seems like an uphill battle.

If I were enforcing any kind of ban, I'd only go after the provider. And if I were the provider, I would conveniently mis-code my patient's visit (which doctors do all the time anyways, usually to get a better payment).
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I have no answer to the questions your asking the fact that they are doing this shows me that your assertion that Clarance Thomas is alone in his efforts to get these draconian reviews crafted into laws tells me that when someone tells you who they really are, then shows you, believe them and what ever needs to be done to stop them, because those folks are the embodiment of George Orwells Big Brother, and the reincarnation of Joe McCarthy.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    They're going to offer cash rewards for info and encourage vigilantism. Checking mail isn't a problem...x rays. Sure many will slip through the cracks but many will be made examples of.

It's insane how people protesting masks during a pandemic as tyranny don't see this as tyranny.

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Thomas isn't alone. That's why he's not afraid to be so vocal
  • Subraman
    2 years ago
    "@subraman, I agree, not all measures are 100%. Which is why any FS provider should be taking a pill or have an IUD in addition to a condom (which is more for STDs)."

Tetra, agree that defense in depth -- pill + condom -- is the way to go. Condom necessary for diseases as well. The pill, used correctly, is 99+% effective. It's 91-95% effective in practice due to mistakes by people taking them, according to various studies. Men seem to be blissfully unaware of this, but women, especially providers, are not. 91-95% if they make a small mistake, is not enough to not want a backup plan.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Subraman will just stick to bath houses....til gay rights are taken away
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "They're going to offer cash rewards for info and encourage vigilantism"
    Enforcing _any_ laws like this, other than things like murder, is KGB/NKVD-like scary shit.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    When you can be arrested for having or providing an abortion. That's a violation of privacy.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @heaving, America is still uptight enough about sex work that most men (including politicians) couldn't publicly admit they're swayed by a sex worker strike.* And all the women who talk about going on a sex strike are disgusting cows that I wouldn't fuck with SJG's dick and two rubbers.

As far as #2, if I were an FS sex worker, I'd be more paranoid about doing FS, but I'm a risk averse person anyways. I definitely wouldn't work in a state that banned abortion.

* I do hear, anecdotally, that the week of the Republican National Convention is a bonanza for hookers. LOL.
  • Tiburon
    2 years ago
    FS is riskier? How are you guys not using condoms or something? Pretty gross if so
  • etsutwigg222
    2 years ago
    @2Icee.....swallowing is a 100% safe birth control method. While spitting is only 80% safe due to dribbling that can land where those strong swimmers can get upstream.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    2 years ago
    Roe literally talks about an umbrella of privacy. That umbrella was just taken away.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Roe was a made-up political case and privacy isn't a constitutional right, except for the privacy of your own home and the immediate environs. No right to privacy in public.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    2 years ago
    Ski are you a real attorney? RXP in a massage parlor, VIP room, etc.. existed a few days ago
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    4th ammendment. Protection of private information so as to not incriminate oneself. Ie medical info etc in cases of abortion.
  • From978
    2 years ago
    I didn't actually count, but it looks like the majority prediction of posters so far is somewhere in the range of "None" to "Indirect only.". My own guess would be no foreseeable direct effect, but unless Clarence Thomas has a heart attack soon, we're about to find out what living in a theocracy is like. Given the record of Catholic archbishops and Southern Baptist ministers, all bets are off.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "swallowing is a 100% safe birth control method. While spitting is only 80% safe due to dribbling that can land where those strong swimmers can get upstream."

This might be a joke, but a fair amount of conceptions occur from anal because it leaks out (or he pulls out and it drips down) into the vagina. Talk about doing it wrong.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I never heard of a sex worker getting preggers from a client.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    So now, not only am I glad for <em>my</em> sake that I'm snipped, I'm also glad for any potential partner's sake. Even though most of my adventures are covered, shit happens, and I'd hate like hell to be the cause of someone's legal trouble just because they didn't want my baby.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Commercial Sex work will not be impeded by this. It is more the course of intimate relationships where it will be felt.

SJG

Cream - White Room - Chicago School of Rock Live Aid show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh4COKp_…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I think its going to impact men who want to get women pregnant on purpose or who want a baby as a way to control her. Or women who want to trap men.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Iceydougster had a tough choice to make. He set up some johns with his fat tranny cartoon character bitches and they were pissed and came after him.
    As he ran away he came upon that concrete monstrosity known as the LA river and had to cross it. His choice was roe vs wade. Lulz
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    @GMD just need to have money set aside to help her get an abortion, now with a travel allowance in some places. Unless she wants to have the kid, make you drive off in a Hyundai.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Rather have a theocracy than this Orwellian world created by Democrats.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    One aspect of this I think hasn't seen a lot of discussion is the idea of prosecuting people who get abortions in other states. I don't know how likely that is, but it certainly throws some doubt in the whole just travel to another state mitigation plan.
  • Subraman
    2 years ago
    Dolf: and the states where it's still legal, are now looking at laws to refuse any records or extradition requests from anti-abortion states. It will be a fun state vs state legislation war!
  • Estafador
    2 years ago
    question. Why are we dumping raw in women?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Raw sex is natural sex. Condoms suck.

Out here at least in my experience girls don't want to use condoms. I'm sure that will change quickly in red states
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Why are we dumping raw in women""

^ who says we are? I've had several condoms break during normal usage and I've not always noticed. Other methods of contraception aren't 100% effective either.

"are sex workers really that retarded enough not to have any birth control besides abortion"

^ Starting with the obvious, yes, yes they are. Not all mind you, but as a whole my experience with strippers at least has lead me to the conclusion that they are not as a whole particularly likely to give thought to consequences beyond the immediate ones. But realistically it's more complicated than that. Based on your posting history, I'm gonna assume you've got little experience with women in this area, but hormonal birth control methods can have side effects. For many, they are mild and maybe even welcome. For others, they're severe and decidedly unwelcome. Most non hormonal options aren't as effective or convenient. There's also the concept that they may want to get pregnant with someone else, just not a customer. Most other methods aren't as selective as condoms.

Going back to the original question, I'll be shocked if the next time I go to bang a stripper and she tells me "abortions are harder to get now, I need an extra $50"
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    When the Bath Iron Works in Maine was really in full swing ship building, Maine came up with a great idea to only charge NH residents for using the toll road and letting Mainiacs use it for free. Interstate Commerce Claus put the kibosh on tht and I don't see how travelling to another state for an abortion is any different than travelling there for work.
  • Estafador
    2 years ago
    @2icee that's wild. You all dont know these women froma hole in a wall? Why risk a baby, STDs for a quick pick.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @Esta
    we don't believe a word Iceefag says, he has no time to be doing any of this between his meth habit and posting here 24/7 it's not very credible.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Icee is simply a pathological liar. An opinion on everything and always wrong. This asshole from california was even chiming in on east coast strip clubs, despite never being east of vegas a day in her identified as male at birth, life.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Girls don't suggest condoms. Most don't tall about them. Some will take them off during sex or don't think it's a big deal if they break. I don't think they think much of the risks. I do but I'm not being paranoid about them. But condom use is definitely lower than like 10 years ago I think.

20fag. You describe yourself fucking troll. Tell us more about how you're a millionaire living an extravagant life with models while you troll tuscl 247
  • Subraman
    2 years ago
    He's not (just) a pathological liar. He's a troll... as I've said many times, there have been many studies on internet trolls. The results are very consistent: they are miserable toxic antisocial people, who are desperate for connection, but are so unpleasant -- not just on the internet, in real life -- that their only way to connect is by being despised. It's the only way to get noticed. He's just making up stories and personas as he goes. Now he's a pimp, now he's not a pimp but an SJW, now he's not an SJW but someone who uses gay as an insult, now he's someone who is so sensitive he might commit suicide because his pretend girlfriend said something mean. In any case, all the stories are simply made up to get maximum reaction.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Subraman why don't you go and spy on dancer reddit and then come here acting like you know what dancers think. Like you read about clubs then act like you know shit 🤡🤡🤡

You're welcome to stop trolling.

Sorry you're butt hurt coz girls don't want to use condoms with me.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "Sorry you're butt hurt coz girls don't want to use condoms with me."

I'm just paranoid. If I don't know her well, I assume she's completely fertile and has herpes. Triple on the herpes if she's a SW.

I've bought my share of Plan B over the years.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    If haven’t been wrapping up you got to now, shit.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Yes Roe was about the right to privacy and autonomy. And that has taken a huge hit.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Some of us are still fortunate enough to live in blue states but no one is safe at this point.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Girls don't feel the need to make Icee use a condom as he yanks and yanks nd yanks, hoping to actually achieve an erection one day......
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Amazon and Rite Aid limiting purchases of Plan B

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    There need to be crackdowns on reselling. Profiteering off a crisis is some of the sickest shit.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I doubt the Roe V Wade decision will have any long term effect on strip club entertainment. I agree, it has caused a recent uproar regarding a woman’s right to choose, and that’s understandable.

In my view, there are enough other inflationary pressures that should have an effect on dance prices - and likely drink prices. If a club (or dancer) attempts to add a Roe Repeal Surcharge on her dances - she’s either an opportunistic ROB or a whore who does use birth control. I don’t have any standards - but even I might avoid that whore.

In NJ, I don’t expect anything will change as a result of the Roe decision. But my state is largely democratic - even though we have had a few republican governors.

To me, there are two separate issues. Roe and the ability to get an abortion is one, and it’s not a simple choice (for anyone considering an abortion). The other issue - regarding availability of contraception - should be a simple one - as contraception should be made as widely available as possible. I think Plan B should be made more widely available in all states.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    There will be a psychological impact on people in red states. And it will solidify cultural positions and normalize the role of religion in politics. An attack on other rights is inevitable. So are attacks on strip clubs.
  • sideshow_bob
    2 years ago
    The executive function, being able to think through the consequences of your actions as they extend into the future, requires a reasonably high IQ. A lot of people can't do it, especially when inebriated.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion