New Jersey
Blame it in the people who will not get the vaccine

23 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Blame early reopening and the delta variant
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Lets lock it down and collect unemployment.
  • Electronman
    3 years ago
    I think of this like cigarette smoking. If you elect to smoke, that is fine as long as you're prepared to handle the health and economic consequences of smoking. But smokers have no right to damage the health of non-consenting non smokers. Thus, I favor laws that prohibit smoking in public venues.

If people elect to NOT get vaccinated, that too is OK as long as they bear all the impact of that decision and they do NOT pass along COVID infections to others. Thus, I would favor requiring masks for those who have not been vaccinated or better yet, excluding them from venues where their behavior (not getting vaccinated) puts other at risk.

There are always limitations to a person's rights; Your rights end where another person's rights begin.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Bang ... I'm pretty sure you just did this thread, more or less.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Willy, not Bang. Sorry, not paying attention, apparently.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    There's only two possibilities, either the vaccines work or they don't work. If they work, then a vaccinated person is protected from getting Covid from a person who is not vaccinated. If the vaccines don't work, then vaccinating people who aren't vaccinated won't stop the transmission of the disease. Also, if the vaccines don't work that means vaccinated people can pass the disease to others.

It appears the vaccines only last several months. Israel and Britain, the first countries to vaccinate a majority of their population, had a big jump in cases among the vaccinated after several months. In California now, counties with higher vaccination rates have more cases than counties with lower vaccination rates. The vaccinated are catching and spreading the disease to others. Now there is talk in the Biden administration of booster shots every 6 months. These shots have side effects each time you get one. That may not be a problem if you only have a few years left but if, for example, a 25 year old gets vaccinated and then gets a booster shot every 6 months for the next 50 years in order to maintain immunity you are talking about a hundred shots during his or her lifetime.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    At the WH press conference today, Jen Psaki stressed how effective the vaccines were. She was then asked why, if they are so effective, the government says vaccinated people need to wear masks. She said that’s simply what the experts told them. She said she couldn’t explain it any clearer than that.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    “The vaccinated are catching and spreading the disease to others.”

Or, another explanation, is that the million undocumented refugees we’ve let cross the border in the last month have something to do with CoVid spike. But, I know we’re not supposed to say such things
  • Southpaw82
    3 years ago
    She "simply said" that mark94? Sorry to bring facts to your propaganda party.

Peter: (25:48)
    And if it’s a pandemic of the unvaccinated still, then why do vaccinated people need to put the masks back on?

Jen Psaki: (25:56)
    Well Peter, first of all, I would say again just to go back to this chart, which I will handily point to again. If you were vaccinated, if you are vaccinated, it can save your life. And I think the clear data shows that this pandemic is killing, is hospitalizing is making people very sick who are not vaccinated. That still continues to be the case regardless of what the mask guidance looks like.

Peter: (26:20)
    The vaccines work which this sign says that they do, then why do people who’ve had the vaccine need to now wear masks the same as people who have not had it?

Jen Psaki: (26:30)
    Because the public health leaders in our administration have made the determination based on data that that is a way to make sure they’re protected, their loved ones are protected. And that’s an extra step given the transmissibility of the virus that they’re advising people to take.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Willy are you trying to take pussy of the pandemic awards away from RickiBoi you’re catching up to him in the covid thread started category
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    This really is the exact same topic as Willy's other thread that has over 155 posts (at this time...). The wording is just slightly different. So, in an effort to make it *not* the exact same thread, I'll pose a hypothetical situation where the clubs do close down again (regardless of whether or not you agree with the reasons).

Are you doing anything differently now while the clubs are open, knowing that in *any* health crisis, they could shut down again?

Examples:

-- Getting more phone numbers from dancers.
    -- Spending more time on sugaring.
    -- Focusing more on mainstream dating.
    -- Putting more time / effort into your relationship/marriage (if you have that).
    -- Investing more time, money, and effort into activities completely removed from strippers and strip clubs.
    -- Or, anything else.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ or he could invest like RickiBoi in a life size blow up doll of Governor Ron De Santis so he can have something to jerk off too that won’t make him wear a mask.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    WILLYDOESNTCOMMENTONHISOWNTHREADS

Tells you all you need to know.
  • StPaul101
    3 years ago
    just an FYI I am vaccinated but I feel more information is always good and everyone needs to make their own decisions on this subject.

Israel has studied the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine and found that it appears the covid vaccine looses some efficiency over time. The chance of spreading the Delta variant even after being vaccinated goes up as time passes BUT your chances of not getting a severe illness is still quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqVAiPX… (here is a video with a good explanation of the findings).

https://www.gov.il/en/departments/topics…

Study length: June 20 to July 17

Delta spreading

Pfizer vaccine's efficacy in preventing delta variant infections, 39%

Still 91 % effective in preventing serious illness

Decreasing potency of the vaccination against transmission

Those vaccinated January, 16%

February, 44%

March, 67%

April, 75%

Protection against severe illness, January vaccinated, 86%
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    >...it appears the covid vaccine looses some efficiency over time.

Saw someone elsewhere saying of course they had always planned on needing more doses because there's space on your covid card for 4 shots.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Anyway, for my part, I'm being more diligent about getting a phone number from dancers I like (and yeah, I know that some dancers aren't great with their phones). I've also been better about asking dancers if they have work-related social media accounts (usually Twitter or Instagram) where they accept PMs. Some don't, but a lot do and don't mind handing that out to customers. So, that's a backup if a dancer's burner phone number expires, gets lost, etc.

After a VIP, I had one dancer ask to give me her number, which isn't new for most customers. But in this instance she said, "Because we all know now that seeing each other here isn't a guarantee." So, it's on their minds as well.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    What a sad state of affairs this thread is. Threads like this pop up full of scared old women blaming anyone they can for the transmission of a highly contagious invisible virus and making the usual "end of days" pronouncements.

Here are some realities folks:

1. COVID is still not especially dangerous to the vast bulk of the population.

2. Spikes in cases have not translated into spikes in deaths and hospitals are not being overwhelmed.

3. Because of 1 and 2, we are not going back to shutdowns, even in liberal bastions. People just won't tolerate another round of it, as the politicians fully understand.

4. COVID is not going away and never was. Herd immunity was a pipe dream given the speed of mutations, much like the flu. But much like the flu, it is widely expected to become less and less dangerous over time as the population at large forms greater resistance through vaccinations and prior exposures.

So the answer is the same as it always was, which is to assess your own level of personal risk and behave accordingly.

You're welcome. 😉
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ^
    i agree with mr dugan. assess ur own risk tolerance and behave accordingly

for example i u see a life size blow up doll of ron desantis by the side of the road u can be sure mr dugan has deposited his cooties in it so DO NOT touch it. in fact u should stay at least 6 feet away at all times

call in professionals to incinerate it

your welcome
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ Not up to your usual standards Phil, and that's saying something given how little we expect from you to begin with. 😉

Next time let the joke come to you instead of trying to force it. Just a thought.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ^
    are u saying that ppl SHOULD touch ur discarded ron desantis doll?

i was just informing ppl of the risk associated with touching ur discarded sex dolls so they could make their own informed decision. i thought that was what u wanted
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    After 16 months of lockdowns, masks, and vaccines followed by plunging death rates, most people are ready to move on with their lives. If the CDC demands more business closing, they are going to get the middle finger salute.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    since i have turned over a new leaf and only want to help rather than debate i would like to make a recommendation to all of u

u should really keep the eagle birds music playing in ur head. u know like earworm but deeper

then if the cdc demands more business closing it will happen except in florida because mr desantis wont let it but u will be happy because those mellow early 70s californee sounds will be echoing in ur head

trust me u will be all reichstag smeichstag

or u could move to florida but then it is all ppl washing their balls in the burger king soda fountain and gators and ricks and shit like that. do u want to live like that?

better to take it easy in the hotel california

your welcome
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    No it is not caused by people who refuse the vaccine. The new round of hysteria is caused by the people who support it, buy doing things like masking, testing, and getting the vaccine.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion