tuscl

Darkest Club You've Been In?

pistola
Keepin' it šŸ’Æ
I'm talking brightness, not ethnicity lol. Curious because my first visit to Oz in FL I thought 'This is the brightest club I've ever been in.' VIP was dark but the main area was too bright and the multiple TVs and such didn't help. Felt more like a bar than a club.

Darkest club to me is the Rhino is Vegas on morning/day shift. Cant see jack shit for a good 5 minutes until your eyes adjust. No TVs at the Rhino and none of the table candles are lit until night. Lights are pretty much only from on the stage and the backlight from one bar with a good portion of the club closed off. Makes for dancers offering the promotional stripper handshake greeting frequent. (Note: heard they remodeled during Covid so no idea if this is valid.)

What are the other near pitch black spots?

28 comments

• twentyfive
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Rachelā€™s in West Palm Beach, itā€™s so fucking dark past the entrance plus thereā€™s a step down into the club then a step up to the bar is just plain dangerous in the daytime the bar and the buffet are light enough but crossing over to that side of the room is ridiculous untill your eyes adjust
  • shadowcat
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Follies. But the VIP rooms at Vivide are worse.
  • datinman
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Blue Moon during the daytime. Stepping out of the Phoenix sun into to this club was like walking onto the abyss. Couldn't see shit for 5 minutes.
  • Longball300
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    I'm with Justin but, I think Bourbon Street was a bit darker yet.
  • mark94
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    I agree with the Phoenix crowd. Blue Moon and BSC. Interestingly, HiLiter is also darker than it was pre pandemic.

In a perfect world, the stage would be well lit and the rest of the club dark except for just enough light to keep you from bumping into tables.
  • Tetradon
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Centerfolds Worcester. Can't identify anyone other than the stage performer from >10 feet.
  • SirLapdancealot
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Bourbon Street Circus in Phoenix
  • mike710
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Almost every time I walk in to Bourbon Street I run into a chair on my way to my seat.
  • herbtcat
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Rhino in COI for me. I have to use the small blue light on my key ring to find a seat without tripping over another PL on my way. But 3 or 4 minutes later, I'm used to it.
  • Warrior15
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Dean's Gold in Miami. Not the club itself, although, it is rather dark. But when you go into the VIP area, it is pitch black in the booths. I had a hard time finding all my clothes after my hour long session. But man was that hour fun !!!
  • Muddy
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Now closed but the cabaret club in El Paso. You could only see the bathroom light all the way in the back at first. Took about 10 minutes to adjust and Iā€™m that time the ugly strippers would make an move on you.
  • wallanon
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    BSC in Phoenix was pretty dark. Rhino Vegas, too. Good call on those.
  • reverendhornibastard
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Centerfolds I Houston back around 2005. Coming into the club from the bright outdoors I couldnā€™t see a damn thing. The hostess had to guide me to an empty seat.

Even after my eyes got used to the darkness it was still very dark.

A dancer eventually talked me into going into the VIP section with her. She took me to the ā€œPenthouseā€ VIP area (Centerfolds has two VIP areas). It was even darker in the Penthouse than it was downstairs.

Although I prefer women with some color to them, I was glad this gal had one of those ā€œwhite, glow-in-the-darkā€ butts or I would have lost sight of her upstairs.

Centerfolds is still dark inside, but nothing like it was back then.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Millstream Inn in Baltimore always seemed to have a particularly low light level inside, compared to the other clubs in the area I haunt. I would make it a point to stand near inside the entrance for 30 seconds and let my eyes adjust. More than once Iā€™ve bumped into chairs near the entrance. But then again, my experience might be skewed. I typically attended Millstream during the mid afternoons and go to other clubs in the evenings.
  • Harderlap
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Two more nods for Blue Moon and the now closed Cabaret Club.
  • wallanon
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Millstream Inn's a little dark but the BSCs and Blue Moons are on a whole nother level. At Millstream the stage throws off some decent light over towards the bar, but I suppose there could be an issue by the front door if you're trying to bum rush the dancers lol.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    @wallanon: In that case, I shall consider myself fortunate to have well-enough lit clubs in my stomping grounds. Bum rush the dancers? Iā€™d just rather fall head over heels for the dancers, not the furnitureā€¦ šŸ˜†
  • loper
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Chicas Cabaret in Phoenix. Walked in in the afternoon and couldn't move for about 5 minutes until my eyes adjusted. Couldn't see anything. Brightest: Desire in Providence. Perhaps too bright because you can see every flaw.
  • Papi_Chulo
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Most clubs are gonna seem dark as hell when walking in from a sunny-day (especially in places like AZ, TX, FL, etc) - I recall Follies usually felt dark AF when walking-in on dayshift to the point there was often a group of PLs congregated just past the doors seemingly waiting for their eyes to adjust - after 5 or minutes you could see enough to find your way to a seat and after 15-minutes the club didn't seem that dark.
  • Papi_Chulo
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    The Body Club (small Miami black club I hit) used to be very dark - to the point where just about the only light seemed to come from 3 TVs mounted on 3 different walls that were not that big - even after a while of sitting in the club it still felt too-dark - but this was a few years ago when the club went by Secrets - these days it has about the right amount of lighting (not too dark not too bright).
  • docsavage
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    The darkest club I've been in is Patty's on the west side of Indianapolis. The local nickname for the club is "Fatty Patty's" so that tells you right there why they keep it so dark.
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Cabaret club in El Paso, closed now, was far and away the darkest club ever. Not only were there is zero lights except the stage at the far end but everything was painted black. You couldnā€™t see another person if they were 6 inches in front of you. And that was when you entered after dark which I think was the only time it was open
  • magicrat
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Olympic Garden (now closed) in Vegas. Follies a close second, also closed. Do I sense a pattern?
  • Cashman1234
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    I was at a club in an old train yard in NJ called Charlieā€™s Choo Choo. Guys had decided to take a work buddy out for lunch at this strip club. When I stepped inside it was like stepping into blackness. A friend got up and walked into a waitress - it was crazy the darkness.

I wondered why it smelled like piss in there?
  • shailynn
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Wow - yeah the OG (RIP) was dark.

Worst ever was Atlantis in metro Toronto. VIP area was literally no lighting at all with the action happening on a standard chair with arms. Shame to take a hot girl back there when you canā€™t even see your hand in front of your face.
  • Studme53
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    A trick I learned from an experienced cop who had to respond to a lot of dark bars during the day - keep one eye closed for a minute or two before you enter a dark club from the bright daylight outside.Once inside - open the closed eye and it will be better dilated and give you better immediate night vision.
  • gammanu95
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    After driving around in the Florida sun, they're all fucking dark.
  • goodyman
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Atlantis in St. Pete is really dark. Right down the street from OZ.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion