tuscl

Who here is rich (or relatively rich)?

Monday, January 25, 2021 6:06 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect there are a lot of very well-off older and even younger guys here. Curious how you made or are making your fortune.

55 comments

• doctorevil
    3 years ago
    What do you consider rich?
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "What do you consider rich?" That's exactly what I was going to ask.
  • TJ Walker
    3 years ago
    I'm not rich but I can be rico in the brothels.
  • al17766
    3 years ago
    I'm open to a lot of definitions. If you're bringing in hundreds of thousands per year in a unique way, I'm curious to hear about it. Obviously if you're raking in millions, I'd call that rich. Or, if you've been bringing in hundreds of thousands per year in unique ways, I'd call that a solid living and would be interested to hear about it. Example - I knew a couple of guys who had somehow managed to master making money online while doing what seemed like next to nothing and playing video games all the time, and thought people with any sort of actual jobs were idiots. Wouldn't be surprised if they were members and ended up reading this post. Lol. To you guys - feel free to comment. No specific income level. If you feel you're pretty well off and your answer isn't simply "dentist. doctor. lawyer. etc.," let's hear it.
  • al17766
    3 years ago
    pardon the redundancy in that last post.
  • elmer
    3 years ago
    If the motive behind your question is to borrow money then I'm one poor SOB
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    Do you really think folks would deluge that sort of information?
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Some have said on here. I think if you make above 30K you are actually in the top 1% of earners in the world. That is one way to look at it. For me no not rich but I really have to be sooooo cheap in everything else in my life to afford this hobby.
  • al17766
    3 years ago
    Lol I will not be asking to borrow money, though I'll happily accept if anyone feels like offering. And TFP, I don't expect someone to give me the full rundown on how they made their money. Investing...online business...inheritance...gambling...started Google...etc. That doesn't tell anyone much. with the exception of the last one, I guess.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    If you have your health, mental and physical, then you have the Bank of Time in your pocket. That’s invaluable and you can’t put a price on it.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    well, I was killin' it as a server at a Chinese buffet and an Uber driver, but COVID messed that all up. Juice works in a factory that makes sporks* and has worked himself all the way up to assistant to the assistant of the assistant manager. * = sporks: [view link]
  • rickthelion
    3 years ago
    I am rich because I can have anything I want. If I want something at a store I just look at the hairless ape sellin’ shit and say “hey wildebeest boy...I’m takin’ this. ROAR!” Then I walk right through he door. It’s good to be a rick and it’s good to be a frickin’ lion! 🦁
  • al17766
    3 years ago
    I want to be rick and a lion when I grow up.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Strip clubs are primarily for people with disposable income. So if your definition of rich is that you can afford to burn $ for pleasure and not survival then yes there are plenty here. Saying that there are also degen pl's who spend their stimulus check on getting stimulated. Ramen noodles keeps you alive. Probably not what you are looking for. Rich = Going home after a night at the club and not worrying about bills.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    [view link] ^the type of rich many on this site aspire to be
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I think we can all assume that "FarmerART' was wealthy but still a great guy.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    I invented 404 on the Internet. Every time a page is not found I get money.
  • skinnywhiteboy
    3 years ago
    I make a middle class income roughly 60-70k a year but I'm single, no kids. 2 roommates, and pay cash for everything. By keeping my bills so low I can easily set aside a grand or more for fun money every month and still add to my savings
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    I invented The Humpty Dance for Digital Underground. Just the dance part, not the song.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Some great comments. I doubt anyone here will admit to being rich. Also, the cost of living in certain parts of the country, makes a few hundred thousand closer to middle class than rich.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I am not rich simply because I represent poor people and charge between 25 -50 % less than others with my level of experience. I could make more, much more if I worked more, but neither my wife, nor I are possession people. One thing that makes us laugh is picturing the face of anyone breaking into our house and realizing we own nothing. In the 10 rooms in the house we have a total of 17 things on the walls. Less if you don't count anything three stooges. On the other side we both work ski or golf pretty much every weekend and as long as we limit our post work life span to 20 -25 years we'll have the same lifestyle until we die. 20 years ago I worked more, made more and saved more, but this country changed and our goals did as well. We used to think nice upscale community with a lot of possessions and activities. Now it will be very remote, rural and hiking and x-country skiing cost little or nothing.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    i ain’t rich no more. las vegas girls helped take care of that. (butt it was sure fun!)
  • NAAAASTY
    3 years ago
    It's not about how much you make, but how much you save (and how well you invest it) Someone making half a mil but has the mcmansion, newest car, fanciest clothes, w/ kids in private school and a matching wife has less saved than another single man making 100k who drives that hooptie, subsidizes his living via roommates, and invests wisely, can create a higher net worth and have more disposable income. NAAAASTY
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    ^ well said.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Nicespice just posted the 50 year old version of Juice. BTW not so sure that’s guys too smart posting photos of us credit card numbers and pin codes.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    I was rich before I started going to strip clubs. Q. Did you hear about the stripper who made a man a millionaire? A. He was a billionaire before.
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    there's this entrepreneurial guy i saw on a video clip yesterday. we'll call him the rich guy. anyway, rich guy is hanging out with his friend and tells him, "hey i've been jamming to this new song i just heard." "really? which one? rich guy tells him the name of the song. friend goes, "ahh buddy, that's not a new song. that song came out like over 10 years ago." rich guy does the google - yup sure enough the song was written late 2000's. why didn't the rich guy hear that song when it first came out? well the rich guy said at that time he made a major decision in his life to cut out the fat. no music, no videogames, no television and movies. just went on a mission to self-develop through books and other ways of obtaining knowledge to get to where he is at today. you have to do what no one is willing to do. i would say that at least 90% of all rich people who started with shit did this. to the OP try the following: -worry about what you have rather than what others have -seems to me you came to a perv site to perhaps look for a short cut by asking strip club customers how they make a living. there's still a demand for street narcotics. -search for books and interviews on related entrepreneurs for knowledge and inspiration
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I thought "what stock or crypto would Juice buy?", and did so before he did.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I work for and kn ow a lot of people with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more money than I have ever dreamed of having. I am very happy for them. I wouldn't want to be them, or that wealthy, so I can enjoy their enjoyment of success without reservation. I could work on a weekend and make a few thousand dollars or I could go skiing. Skiing wins 999/1000 times.
  • Musterd21
    3 years ago
    The person with all their worldly goods in a back pack can be rich...... the person with a shopping cart pushing it down the street with all their worldly goods in it, has too much!
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Speaking about money here’s an excellent article I read the other day that aligns with these responses. Don’t worry about keeping up with the Jones - kinda reiterates what skibum is saying. [view link]
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Quite a while back there was a guy who was already rich that won the Power Ball or MegaMillions lottery in WV. Something like $200M-$300M. It may have been the largest ever at that time. He said he already had more than enough money and was going to spend the lottery money on strippers. I think that caused several strip clubs t en near him. There was later a story that he would bring $100K cash to spend at the clubs but one night they couldn't wait and robbed him.
  • jacej
    3 years ago
    Read this book - gives good insights into who the wealthy really are. [view link]
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    There are qualities that help folks to save money. They aren’t secrets or get rich quick schemes. However, the country as a whole has lost two important qualities - common sense and discipline. I’m glad iPhones and cell service didn’t exist when I was young. Those two things can syphon a portion of your cash flow each month. Over a 30 time horizon, and in consideration of compounding, that becomes good money. I avoid the discussions about Bitcoin and quick money investments on this site. I also avoid the discussions with guys at work, who talk about the quick returns they made on certain stocks. I must be too old school. I decided on a strategy in graduate school, and that was over 30 years ago. The results have been very good for me. I have had investment mangers who wanted to put my portfolio into private investment groups, and I said no. They are salesmen, and they talk a great game. They show investment appreciation in soft leather portfolios, and using great presentations. They can foot the fees and recommend you to a nice country club, but they could easily sell Toyota’s. So, cut the extraneous shit you think you need. Invest as much as possible in a 401k. Then invest a lot after tax too. Make it a commitment, and consider that money gone. Never touch it. Leave it there. If you think it’s a rainy day, it’s not. At the point when the tax bill on your after tax portfolio dividends is about half a million, that’s when it starts to get real.
  • al17766
    3 years ago
    Lots of great responses here- thanks! And to a few of you, no - this is not me hopping on a site I don't care about to try and get some insider secrets to get rich fast. As I said before, I don't expect enough specifics to actually get a full on easy road map to millions (though some of you actually gave some really great tips in that regard). If I heard one of you was way into bitcoin before it was cool and made a load of money from it, that's interesting to hear about. Doesn't benefit me, but it's fun convo. Also nice to hear from the experienced guys who slowly and steadily made their way to comfortable financial security. This was mainly just curiosity. I do well enough financially, but I'm always interested to hear others experiences. Anyway, great stuff! And poor, poor Jack Whitacre. Lol
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Goldmonger - fuckin Jack Whittaker. There’s a great GQ article going from the beginning to when he got sentences to prison. Somehow they pinned his granddaughters death on him. I loved in the article - he wins the lottery and they ask his granddaughter “you can have anything you want, what do you want?” And her response was “I want to meet Nelly.”
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    "If you're bringing in hundreds of thousands per year in a unique way, I'm curious to hear about it." Bra you need to get on the Juice financial diet. I'm up several hundred thousand (shitcoins) this year. I'd make it rain with DOGE at the club, but the strippers look at me weird when I ask for their wallet address
  • BudWeedGuy
    3 years ago
    I'm what you call new money. Just recently started bringing in $30k+ a month. I've been a PL since well before being well off. I'm early 30s BTW. I work in finance.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.” “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.” :D
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    "they ask his granddaughter “you can have anything you want, what do you want?” And her response was “I want to meet Nelly.” Reminds me of the very first state lottery winner in Georgia back in the early 90's. He had won like $2 million, or maybe it was fixed at a million. They asked him what he was going to do. " I is gonna buy me a double-wide and move to Alabama!"
  • PaulDrake
    3 years ago
    A quote from Epictetus that I really like: "Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants."
  • reverendhornibastard
    3 years ago
    The question posed was, how did you make or are you making your fortune? Definitions are important. For me, “being rich” means the ability to maintain the lifestyle I desire entirely on the basis of my investment income. Achieving that goal always involves two simple rules: 1) Pursue a livelihood that yields an income exceeding your basic needs; and 2) Save your excess cash aggressively and invest wisely. Of the two foregoing rules, the second is far more critical. I’ve known lots of people who, despite having very impressive incomes, still lacked wealth. Although they were living like rich people, they were never more than a few weeks or months away from bankruptcy if their income stream was interrupted. This pretty well summed up my circumstances during my youthful years. But as soon as I started investing my extra cash instead of throwing it all away buying bigger TVs, louder sound systems and fancy new cars and going on absurdly luxurious vacations, I was quickly amazed at how fast my money piled up. Bottom line, you are unlikely to get rich by working hard for your money. You are far more likely to get rich by making your money work hard for you.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    The vast majority of rich people are what Dave Ramsey calls everyday millionaires. They lead seemingly normal lives but have a net worth of from $1M to $10M. Most of their friends and family would be surprised to learn their net worth. For every everyday millionaire, there are 50 fake millionaires. They lease expensive cars, take expensive trips, post their lives on social media, and are in debt up to their eyeballs. Most BMWs are leased because that’s the only their drivers can afford to have them. The most common brand of vehicle driven by actual millionaires is Ford.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Scott Adams has the most concise, and most accurate, financial advice: Make a will. Pay off your credit card balance. Get term life insurance if you have a family to support. Fund your company 401K to the maximum. Fund your IRA to the maximum. Buy a house if you want to live in a house and can afford it. Put six months’ expenses in a money market account. Take whatever is left over and invest it 70 percent in a stock index fund and 30 percent in a bond fund through any discount brokerage company and never touch it until retirement If any of this confuses you, or you have something special going on (retirement, college planning, tax issue), hire a fee-based financial planner, not one who charges you a percentage of your portfolio.
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    Plenty of good advise in the comments about saving and accumulating wealth. I would add don't become complacent. Keep your eyes open for opportunities and always ask yourself "what if?" a lot. My degree got me into an industry. Working in the industry, I saw a need and created a company that filled the niche and generated far more wealth than my career would have. During the great recession, I was able to pick up some commercial properties on the cheap and now have significant additional income streams that will last long after I retire and sell my business. Opportunities are there if you are mindful for them.
  • CommanderinThief
    3 years ago
    Listen, Jack! All you gotta do is sell access, like my boy Hunter and my brother did. China pays big if you choose them over your own country. You guys are fucked, thanks to Democrat homos like justintolook who voted for me. USA last, bribes and selling out your country first baby, that's the Biden way!
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Make a lot of money!
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    If you want to be rich you need to learn these three little words “Stick Em Up”
  • skibum6o9
    3 years ago
    Oh I'm rich and I know that everybody here envies me. I also am a pathological liar and am desperately lonely and empty inside.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    We appreciate the admission that you are a liar and acknowledge that by spending your time to make up your new screen name that I am all you can think about and just a little dancing monkey with a cute hat and tin cup. You may call me Mr. Luigi or your owner, whichever makes you progressive tears dry. Be well dougie, it does suck being you, but someone had to and you drew the short straw, again.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Is your tinfoil cap too tight ?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    You need a hobby other than bitching.
  • skibum6o9
    3 years ago
    I love having a conversation with myself here, berating myself for the entertainment of others. Enjoy!
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I love reading about Covid deaths in Los Angeles.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion