tuscl

new site layout.

Jascoi
mr.wonderful to single moms and college age girls...
welcome back top 40s lists.
one problem i see so far... the type is pretty small.

64 comments

• Eve
    4 years ago
    Holy shit, we can check reviews by city again!
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    AND we can use location to check nearby listings again!
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Jascoi maybe your eyes are just getting old because the font size looks fine to me.

I wonder if @founder has a way to filter closed clubs out of the top 40 lists since Follies is still at or near the top of several of them.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    founder. please add the ‘lást comment’ info into the listing of “whats new”.

haven’t found the ‘edit’ button yet... lol
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    I like that the top 40 lists are back, but the filter is screwed up. Example: Highest top 40 reviewer listed is Muddy with 150 reviews, but clicking on his link shows he has 180 reviews. Second is Will42 displaying 78 reviews, but clicking on his link shows 166 reviews. Etc., etc.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Top 40 is based on last 18 months.

"What's New" is not where you go to see last comment. Go to Discussions or Forums.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    A few minutes ago I rejected a review by accident - I think it used to be that one had to choose/check-off one of the boxes else Reject wouldn't work but I'm pretty-sure I didn't check-off a box bc I vwas planning to approve it (I did put a comment in the comment box so maybe this counts the same as checking-off a box?)
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I've adjusted to it.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Every time I try to approve or reject a review, it redirects me to a page that says 'review not found', but it'll still be on the list of unpublished reviews. Not sure if anyone else found this bug.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    the type is fine on my iphone but tiny on my ipad. i have no laptop or desktop. (stolen)
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I liked the last version a lot better
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Papi a comment is enough to let you reject a review without checking off a reason
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Icey, you can get to the last version here:

https://tuscl.net/i.php

• Icey
    4 years ago
    Thanks. And pics can be deleted now.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Is there a menu somewhere that I am missing that you can access on each page without having to go to the home screen to move around? It is kind of cumbersome to have to go back to the home screen to move from reviews to discussions or articles.

Otherwise the new site looks great. Best upgrade in a while.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Nice work founder! I still miss the daily sort of reviews by state in short form, but until the country fully opens not a big deal. It also looks like no more muting? Ignored users are just invisible? Love that. I’m assuming two way ignore isn’t back since you disliked it so much.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    New site looks interesting but like whodey said, not having a drop down menu to access on every page makes the site navigation kinda cumbersome.
  • Applekid
    4 years ago
    Sorting all club listings on a page by "most recent review" is a feature I miss.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Gone are the upvotes and downvotes.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You can see the most recent reviews on the reviews page
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    @founder I think @Applekid was talking about the fact that when you were looking at the list of clubs in a particular city you could sort that list by "most recent reviewed" or "top rated" among other choices several versions ago.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    IMO there should be *one* “Off Topic” group for *all* things not strip-club related (e.g. political threads, financial threads, car threads, sports, etc) – and have that group *not* be part of the Discussion feed and only visible if you go to that group *on purpose*.

This will allow a variety of topics to be discussed while not detracting (as much) from the main purpose of the site.
  • noragar
    4 years ago
    Has "My Feed" moved somewhere accessible, or is it gone entirely. That was the best part of last month's build. Hopefully it will be back in next month's redesign.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Why am I still seeing the old layout? Do I need to log out and log back in or something?
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    I'm adapting to new format. I hope founder will add the ability to see the number of different clubs member has reviewed plus be able to see number of posts (comments) and associated history.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The club listings can be a bit confusing - for one, I don't see the point of listing closed clubs at the end of a city's listing (some of those clubs have been closed so long I've never heard about them) - at best the closed clubs should be hidden behind a link vs permanently displayed.

A city's listing should include "nearby clubs" at the end of the city listing as in the past - many people will not know that a certain club actually lies in a particular city - e.g. in Miami, some clubs are in Doral which is dead-smack in the middle of Miami but someone searching Miami clubs may not know where Doral is and that is more Miami than some of the Miami clubs in the outskirts of the county.
  • rogueone
    4 years ago
    Pick a design and stick with it for more than a month.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Omfg we have a Personals page.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Huh this is all interesting. Works for me 😁 hopefully the personals page gets filled with links to people’s onlyfans 😈
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Not really a big deal, but in "messages" all my entries are justified to the right instead of left, which looks weird. The incoming messages from other people look normal, and I'm not sure if mine look normal to other people. It's on both my android phone and desktop.
  • NJBalla
    4 years ago
    Lol guess I need to post a new review, im over "my daily private message allotment". Founder, are you trying to ban SJG for good?
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    No more downvoting runtdummys comments? Sad face.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Looking at that list maybe I gotta take a chill pill with these clubs shit...
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Couple things, I think it looks good. But one thing I liked about the old layout was the prominence of the photos. When I would pull up TUSCL I would just see everything that's new including photos. Otherwise I think most members aren't checking out the photo section, some good laughs. Now when I pull it up it's just all the topic blocks, maybe that works for more people though, what do you guys think about that?

And I personally would like to see an all time version of the top 40 lists, I think that would be cool to check out.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Does anyone else’s browser hang up on the back button? After I get done with a post or review and click back to the forum or reviews page I get the black “please wait” screen and it hangs up. I hit the refresh button and it spurs it through. I’m on an iPhone XR so I don’t think that’s the problem. WiFi or LTE doesn’t make a difference.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    So . . . now if you have someone on ignore, you can't see their posts/comments at all. No option to sneak a peek at what they said either?

. . .
    Fuckin' awesome.

@Jimmy, doesn't do that for me.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    @Jimmy yes. My andriod no problem. My ipad it hangs up exactly like you described.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Is there a "following" page?

I liked being able see reviews/discussions/comments for clubs I followed.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    ^ Bookmarks
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Sorta/kinda...

Before, I hit the following page & I could see the clubs I follow sorted by last review. Or if I looked at the followed people, it would show any new posts they made. Bookmarks just shows me a list of the clubs or people with no sort options and no indications of any activity. In the previous incarnation we could do the same thing with the "hotlist" or something, or favorites, or other words.

I also miss the ability to quickly ignore a person/discussion from the main discussion list, that seems to go away every time we get a new layout and then come back later.

I will say that I do generally like this layout much better, at least from a visual perspective.
  • noragar
    4 years ago
    Exactly Dolfan. We need a way to sort the bookmarks by latest activity or at least an indicator that there's something new. I don't want to have to click on each of the 50 clubs on my Favorites list every day to see if there's a new review and I don't want to scan through hundreds of reviews of clubs I'll never go to try to find whether there's one on a club I care about.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    The old site is still available

https://tuscl.net/i.php

Just like always, I'll fix these issues over the next few weeks.
  • himoverthere
    4 years ago
    Just like with the older layout, the only thing I ask is to get rid of listings by counties. No one knows counties in other states.

Also bring back "sort by recent reviews/most reviewed" etc
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Wow, I so like the previous format much better. You could see the important recent bits of info. at a glance instead of having to click on everything. And the like button was great.
  • EastCoaster
    4 years ago
    I love the new layout! However, I have to agree with @himoverthere about getting rid of the listings by county, which is useless to almost anyone except those who are already familiar with the area. Other than that, the site works well and looks awesome!
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    I greatly prefer the new layout and couldn’t care less about the like/dislike buttons.
  • DenimChicken
    4 years ago
    it gets old having a completely new site design every few months.

That aside, most of this is ok except I think it is lame to go from full navigation from the top bar to now minimal navigation. Ideally we had all options or could pick the options to run across the top bar.

Going back to the main page to then get to other sections (or going to bookmarks) is cumbersome.
  • TxVegas
    4 years ago
    I like having the top 40 lists back. They are interesting. It also shows how few club visits we are making visits to collectively.

I would add the preference Others have mentioned to list clubs by cities and not counties. For travelers, we usually look by city and it is helpful the way it used to be where it listed the city requested and the nearby cities (even if they crossed a state line.).

Otherwise, I have no issues with the rather significant update. Nice job.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    My advice to all who cant find the city you're looking for is to use the search page or to use the map page.

• IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    I think I saw a small bug with the new layout’s Review page. Early this morning, when there were no reviews published for the current day, the “ More Daily Strip Clubs Reviews” section at the bottom of the page was missing. Later today, when new reviews had been published, the “ More Daily Strip Clubs Reviews” section re-appeared.
  • busta_nut
    4 years ago
    @founder I think @Applekid was talking about the fact that when you were looking at the list of clubs in a particular city you could sort that list by "most recent reviewed" or "top rated" among other choices several versions ago.

Me too.. I miss looking through my area clubs for most recent review
  • Richard_Head
    4 years ago
    I like it, well done. I can do without the thumbs up/thumbs down, those led to too much trolling. I do miss the follow function though, it made it easy to find recent updates/reviews of the nearby clubs I visit.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    I miss being able to bookmark individual posts. For example I had to come back to the old site to bookmark founders post that leads back to the old site. Lol.

I also miss the drop down menu from the old site that allowed navigation to anywhere from wherever you were. With the new site it seems you have to go back to home, then navigate to where you were.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    My Feed is now working again. You can see everything that pertains to your bookmarks there.

If you bookmark a member, you'll see all their posts.

If you bookmark a club, you'll see all new reviews, photos, and discussions for that club.

If you bookmark anything else (discussion, article, photo, review) you'll see all new comments.

• TFP
    4 years ago
    ^^^^this is excellent and I can't wait to see it in action!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Could be me - but w/ the new layout I don't see the option to sort by "Last Comment" in the Reviews view as in the previous layout
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ I think being able to sort the Reviews by date or last comment is a nice option to have (as of late I always viewed reviews by "last comment")
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    How do I access the comments made on a specific club like hong kong for example? I don’t see that option on my iPhone or my iPad and I don’t have a laptop.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Do you mean discussion threads for clubs? They are on the club page under the photos section. Section is labeled "Discussions".
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    For Hong Kong club in TJ: https://tuscl.net/forum.php?id=1965
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Just curious what is the people score that I now see on the reviews ?
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    wallanon. thanks for the link!
    i still don’t see anything on the club page that you spoke of. i must be blind.

25... ‘people’ are the dancers i guess.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    now i see them. i just didn’t scroll down far enough i guess.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion