tuscl

A Fresh Look

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Monday, July 27, 2020 3:51 PM
Yeah, it's another version of tuscl. Bitch & moan here.

80 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    #NewVersionsMatter
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Took some getting used to but overall it's fine
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Bitch/Moan
  • Goodclubrep
    4 years ago
    I'm fine. I get along with almost everyone.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I miss your green name. (Again).
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Yeah we're all black now. #Blackusernamesmatter
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    In the discussion main-view (list of threads), the last-comment link doesn't seem to be working - also it would be more user-friendly if actually stated "last comment"
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    It'll be helpful if one could hover over all icons and have a name or description pop up, and have this be so in all views the icons appear
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Would be helpful if one could view/select multiple groups at once (one by one) instead of just being able to look at one at a time or all at the same time - e.g. would be helpful if one could look at threads of the Front Room *and* VIP rooms at the same while not viewing the Politics Rooms; etc
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Why bother, it's not gonna change anything LOL
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    Overall, it’s looking good. I was concerned earlier about the left and right sidebars taking up too much real estate in landscape mode. But they appear to be replaced with a top bar, which works well. I miss the separation of the daily reviews into 24-hour pages, but it’s not a huge issue. Any chance of a night-mode option? The white background can be too bright at times.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    In the previous version, clicking a person's avatar would bring up the whole picture. Can we get that feature back, please?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The GUI is too busy - IMO the menu at the top should be hidden under an ICON except maybe one or two options like a "Home" button or a "Reviews" button/icon/shortcut - IMO the menu at the top is taking too-much room/screen-real-estate for it to be permanently there when most of the options are used sparingly - in fact, menu options in most if not all views should be hidden under an icon instead of permanently displayed taking up screen space.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ except for one or two quick links
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Where's the TUSCL search box/function?
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    When you click on the Avatars, they do not enlarge. I want to see the full sized version of Longball 300's Avatars.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Why fix anything that isn't broken?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You can mute anything with the 🚫 icon.
  • mwtraveler
    4 years ago
    The changes are too frequent and seem disorganized. It is VERY frustrating. I liked the recent reviews being sorted by date and then alphabetized by State. That was the easiest to use. I don't like the changes, but I have tried and I have learned the new style. Once I figure out how to find what I am looking for, it seems like you change it again. Covid feels like it gave you too much time on your hands.
  • chessmaster
    4 years ago
    Why did you change the listings to county? Nothing with categorizing by city. And I like the old review system better.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "Last Comment" link in Reviews view is not working
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ".. I miss the separation of the daily reviews into 24-hour pages ..." +1 Makes it easier to keep track of new(er) reviews
  • founder
    4 years ago
    the reviews are listed in the order published you can also follow all your favorite clubs and the reviews (and comments, photos, discusssions) will show up in your feed
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I agree that listing by county makes it harder and more work for the reader - most out-of-area people do not know the name of the county a particular city is in. Clubs should be listed by city with the option to see additional clubs for the county - or list by city and then display all clubs in the city's county when one clicks on the city - e.g. have it listed as "Pompano Beach" instead of "Broward County", then when one clicks on "Pompano Beach" have a brief statement stating "these are the clubs in the city of Pompano Beach as well as the clubs in the county Pompano Beach belongs to"; or something along those lines.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... the reviews are listed in the order published ..." Still makes it harder when one is scrolling them to tell if it's a review from today or yesterday - not impossible but harder since along w/ scrolling the clubs of interest names one now also has to look at the posted date to see if it's a new review or a previously posted review - this makes it harder for those that peruse the reviews on a daily basis - there should be some kind of demarcation for each day's reviews to make it for easier daily perusing.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    It gave me a huge boner.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    I can't log in on my desktop. Got in on my cell, but my messages are gone.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    The search box is on the home page but you cannot search for members...only clubs or locations.
  • NeverEnuf
    4 years ago
    What ever happened to, " if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    This site was internally broken.
  • EastCoaster
    4 years ago
    Like misterorange said, I can't log in on my desktop. Can't log in on my phone, either. Same password I've had for years. However, I *can* get in on my laptop.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Make sure you have cookies enabled on your device. Also, you need to allow javascript.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    founder, For what it's worth, the font looks like it is for the near sightless. I don't think many go to strip clubs that can't see well. That said, I'll see if I get used to it, but if not, I have the choice to retire from TUSCL.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    "Make sure you have cookies enabled" I love Chips Ahoy with milk. Beyond that, I don't know how to enable cookies. Usually there's a pop-up question regarding cookies and I always agree. Javascript? No idea what that is.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ ask the cookie-monster
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Just logged off my laptop and now on my phone but I can't tell what group I'm looking at or if I'm looking at all groups
  • NeverEnuf
    4 years ago
    Title of thread is, "A Fresh Look". Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i’m all confused. but sooner or later I’ll get it.
  • MrEddyG
    4 years ago
    Unless I don’t see it on my phone, where is the daily review section? The old format was fine, IMO.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @founder When are you going to provide the link to the user manual for the website? :D
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    So much negative space.
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    Also, I think something should be done to consolidate the links as they are literally all over the place. There's the top bar with Home, Listings, etc, there's links at the bottom of this post that say The Front Room Discussions, All Discussions, etc. There's the links for the site itself, Glossary, Faq, Contact, etc and then there's the personalized links Home, My Feed, Bookmarks, etc.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Email me some design docs, liwet
    4 years ago
    For design specs, just look at the last iteration in its final state, or the iteration before that. Using County names as a ordering is club listings assumes that any non-resident of the area would know the county name. Quick, what county is Tulsa in?
  • JuiceBox69
    4 years ago
    Didn't read any of the above but I think the recent changes are amazing brother Def think your getting to a beautiful image and user friendly experience
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Agree with avatar enlargement feature. Also, like that the photo gallery came up as small tiles first (discrete) and then click to enlarge / comment on a particular one. Also liked the "quick view" "full view" choice as I was scrolling reviews; or is that still there and I am just missing it?
  • TommyMoney
    4 years ago
    I'm more of an ASS man than a TITS man, so... the new logo seems to be exclusionary and makes me feel so sad that I may need a safe space. #disenfranchised In protest, I'm gonna pay to commission a Marilyn Chambers statue in front of Club Fantasies in Providence, RI (Marilyn was born in Providence) and then, secretly pay skibum to go there and TEAR IT DOWN. Pretty sure he'll do it cuz I'll also bribe him with a week's supply of pre-paid lappers in Woonsocket. Give me that ASS logo, too, Founder... or else (just use Eve's ass as a template). Or I'm gonna start some riots that are gonna make every Wendy's in America have to double their fire protection insurance. -- Fair warning. -- #StayWoke
  • anon4231
    4 years ago
    I came to comment on one of the same things that Longball300 did - I like being able to just scroll through reviews and read, rather than having to click through each one. Doubly so if I'm at a club having a smoke outside and double-checking the intel - I have big fingers, and hitting links on a phone is always a crapshoot. The fewer clicks/button presses, the better. No feedback on the rest. I have a massive hate-on for web 2.0 bullshit, so I can't say whether it's good or bad design - I think it's ALL bad design, but that's nothing against founder. :p ... actually, that brings up another issue/improvement, which is that most of the icons seem to be missing mouse-over text. Like, just from this page, does the O with a line through it block a user, or just mute a post? Sure, I can click on it, but I don't know if it's going to immediately block or give me a menu. I know I (apparently) followed and unfollowed a club (or maybe unfollowed and followed it?) because I didn't know what the icon on the club page did at the time...
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Desertscrub, just check the two boxes at the top... verified only and dancer only. That should fix your issue.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Doesn't seem to be a very popular re-do. Does that matter? Not at all. founder is the only and final say here. Live with what he wishes or don't. That is your choice.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Change is never popular with you old guys.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Has the "Clubs Near Me" feature been eliminated, or am I just not finding it?
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    I really like it. Founder did a great job
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Question for Founder: When I click on "account settings" is shows no photos but when I click on "shadowcat" it shows 13 pages of photos. Is it supposed to be that way?
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I really like this new organization of the Discussions. They are even easier to sift through now.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    founder, One thing would be nice. In the reviews, the club name in other than black font would be nice. Much easier for the eyes to zero in to the name.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I just want to look at LongBall's booby gifs zoomed in again. Nothing more.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    The new format is woke.😂😂😂
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The "Last Comment" link seems to not be working in the Reviews view
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Why can't one look up TUSCLers via the TUSCL search function?
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    I like it so far.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The "Last Comment" link in the reviews is partially fixed - it works *within* the review itself but not in the main Reviews view
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Soo....why can't we click on avatars anymore?
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    I think you took a step back in how you arranged the discussions. It was a good idea to include a quick summary of what was posted but it should be one thread per row with scrolling required to see more. Maybe keep it an option to have the threads in a table format but there's a reason message boards have the same sort of format.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Yeah - perhaps bc I was used to it, but I prefer the row vs table format for discussions -perhaps having an option of switching b/w the two
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Agree, not a fan of the 3 column format for discussions.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ".. I miss the separation of the daily reviews into 24-hour pages ..." Previously I "+1ed" this comment - I do prefer the 24-hour per screen display but I also like the option of being able to see recent- comments of older reviews - not sure how we can have both - perhaps have a default 24-hour view w/ an option for "Last Comment" non 24-hour view?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    On my Android phone, in the Reviews view, the club name and the review title appear in smaller text than the reviewer's name - makes it harder to read when one is scrolling thru the reviews where I mainly look for the club's name and the review title (don't see this issue on my laptop). In the Reviews view, the review-title appears in blue which is good as it stands out for easier quick-reading, but once inside the actual review it appears in black which makes it harder to pick up among all the other black text (review-title should be in blue text in both the Reviews view and inside the review)
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    +1: “ Not a fan of the 3 column format for discussions. “
  • nemesisk7
    4 years ago
    LOL
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    In the published reviews, I miss the thumbs up/down indicator for how each adjudicator voted; currently we only have a bullet point. The indicators served as a reasonable guide to the quality of the review and provides Some measure of feedback for future reviews.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Is it me, or is the website suddenly going bonkers upon each click/refresh? I was about to say something about the Articles page going haywire, but now the whole site is being weird. Tested on Firefox/Chrome on PC and mobile.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Something changed? Where>
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    Looking same to me as it has been since the change but I may not be looking at as many different areas as you.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    This is what I mean: [view link] [view link]
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I had to reboot the server a few times. Are you still experience issues?
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Yep :c
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Latest issue is when clicking articles, get page numbers, but blank page- no articles
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    All fixed now!
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Cool. Thanks for the input
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion