tuscl

What are the last call for alcohol times at your favorite clubs?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
In California its is 2:00 A.M. period. NO matter who you are. In Anchorage Alaska it used to be everybody was closed from 6:00 to 7:00 A.M. Not sure if that is still true. Nevada never closes. Ever hear a DJ say that the club would be open untill 4:00 or 6:00 A.M. or untill the last man leaves? I have never stayed that late at my favorite club in SC but was wondering what the law was. So I asked one of the bouncers. They can serve real alcohol untill 2:00 A.M. After that only beer and wine as long as the club sign is lit up. What about closed on Sundays? My favorite club in SC opens at 4:00 P.M. but most Atlanta clubs are closed. Since a few are open, this must not be a law. Go figure...

11 comments

• founder
    17 years ago
    never. my favorite clubs are in vegas, where I will be next week, playing cards and drinking with strippers.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Wow, just like James Bond. As you clink glasses, I imagine you say, "Now tell me, who's your Founder?"
  • pop
    17 years ago
    SC, in Columbia beer and wine can be sold 24 hours except from 2am to 10am Sundays. Legally liquor can't be sold or consumed between 2 and 10am every day. In some counties all alcohol sales stop at midnight Saturdays till 10 am Monday.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Platinum Plus in Greenville on Saturday night the official cut off time is midnight but to make sure they were compliant with the law in my opinion, the club moved their cut off time to about 11:45 PM. The waitresses may give you 15 minutes to drink up whatever you have left but they will also demand the bottles you already purchased by midnight. I'm not sure what's up with that. Meanwhile down the road, a private club Nepals still serves bottled beer well after 1 AM. Maybe the cutoff is 1:30 AM on Saturday night but I'm not sure of the details. Must have something to do with Nepals being a private club in the city versus Platinum Plus being in the county. In another county a nude club has a cutoff in the adjoining club around midnight for buying beer. They don't care if you're still drinking later from what I've heard. You just can't buy it anymore. I'm not sure why the Greenville PP requires the beer bottles by midnight as well. You already paid for it.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I once thought these stupid laws should be done away with. However I acquired a taste for them since it allows me to visit a club at later hours and not be asked to buy drinks. I like that. The Greenville PP still sells some kind of draft beer in a small plastic cup after midnight. I think it's beer but I rarely ever drink something that is not from a sealed container in a strip club.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    In New Orleans, last call is officially never. If you're at Johnny White's (Bourbon and, umm, Orleans?), they even stay open during hurricanes.

As a matter of practicality, most strip clubs in the French Quarter close when the last customers straggle out at 4 or 6 AM, and they will often restrict alcohol sales after 4 AM because they basically don't want people to pass out in sleepiness on a couch.

On big weekends (Superbowl, Mardi Gras), I've seen FQ clubs just stay open right 'round the clock. Liquor sales are legal at all times. Many places outside the FQ (strip club or not) adhere to official closing hours, just because of staffing concerns (somebody's got to lock up!) and therefore impose a "last call" type of announcement just to get patrons up off their tookusses. But they aren't required to.

You can carry an alcoholic drink around on the street, too, as long as it's in a non-disposable and non-breakable container. Generally that means a "go-cup," which is simply a plastic tumbler drinking vessel. No cans or bottles or glass vessels. If you buy a souvenir hurricane-lamp-style glass with a hurricane drink (red Kool Aid and rum) in it, the bar staff will pour your remaining drink into a free go-cup and box up your souvenir glass and bag it for take-away. Very user-friendly.

I'm sure plenty of folk have experienced NOLa's libertine liberties, but I thought I'd describe them just for those who haven't. :)
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    I remember one time in 2006, while visiting The Tunica Cabaret, they were open till 6:00AM serving alcohol on a weekend evening, or until the last customer left. Guess what? I was the last customer to leave at about 5AM, and they were pissed, because they wanted to go home. They should have blamed my unusually long stay on the dancer that was with me.... IT'S ALL HER FAULT!! LOL
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Another reason I like the BYOB clubs in Iowa, as there is no last call time. However, one of the clubs I go to over in Iowa has an onsite "liquor store" where you can buy beer and various other drinks til 2AM. And another reason to hate my home state of Nebraska, as its only 1AM there, which must suck on fall back day in the fall.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    In Sauget, Illinois , home of PT's Sports Bar and the Penthouse Club, there is no legal last call--as far as the Village is concerned, they can stay open 24/7. In fact, there are a couple of nearby "straight" nightclubs that never close. PT's has an announced closing time of 4:00 a.m. during the week, and 6:00 a.m. on weekends, although some dancers have told me that they will stay open if there are enough customers, and enough dancers willing to stay. Apparently the business model includes a certain minimum number of dancers, and apparently management does leave it up to the dancers.

At my age, I have never personally witnessed last call at PT's, nor do I intend to. Perhaps twenty years ago, when I was in my mid 20s, I might have tested that concept. Now, after about midnight I really need a compelling reason to stay at the club, regardless of the day of the week.

I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of strip clubs I have closed down over the years--Colorado Bar & Grill in Houston--3:00 a.m. closing (my first visit to a strip club in my life; I literally couldn't tear myself away. I knew then and there that my life had been changed, although I still don't know if it was for good or bad--or both);

Brad's Brass Flamingo, Indy, twice--also 3:00 closing time. Once was only because a dancer wanted to come back to my hotel for fun, and I needed to lead her there after she got off of work.

Bare Elegance, LA, 1:30 a.m. mid-week closing time--shocked the hell out of me that it was that early. I guess that, as a Midwesterner, I assumed that everything in LA would be wide open, like Vegas. It's just as well...those dancers apparently needed, and got, their beauty sleep. That club stands out as having, dancer-for-dancer, the most attractive girls of any club I have been to.

Paradise, Houston (now closed)--3:00 a.m. closing time. I found myself in an upstairs VIP area that was essentially a whorehouse, and couldn't tear myself away from the Latina honey who had latched onto me. Twelve years later, I still remember the brown silver dollars.
  • King of Diamonds, Inver Grove Heights, MN is 2 a.m., though they do their best to stop serving 15 to 30 minutes beforehand. BJ's in north Minneapolis, however, did not take advantage of the state extending last call by an hour and still shuts down around 12:45.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    My favorite clubs don't serve alcohol unless you bring your own. And my clubbing is almost exclusively during daylight hours when no one else is there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion