tuscl

The truth about Amelia Earhart can finally be told!

rickthecoconutcrab
On the beaches of Hawai'i... wearing a suit and taking time to scuttle across the bikini babes!
Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:31 PM
True story: my great-great-great-great-great-grandpappy fucked Amelia Earhart! Don’t believe me? Read the National Geographic: [view link] What your geography magazine doesn’t tell you is that she landed on the island of the rick-crabs. My great-great-great-great-great-great-grandpappy did was tell her he’d help her if she let him do unspeakably crabby things to her. After a few weeks of scuttling over her private places, pausing only to feed her coconuts and the occasional bird carcass he finally said “hey bitch, i can’t help you cause i’m a damn crab!” True story! I like to think I have a few Earhart genes in my background. Scuttle! Scuttle! Scuttle!

27 comments

• san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Could be! You crabs really clean up. Still don't know what happened to her co-pilot, or her aluminum Lockheed Electra. Crabs would not have eaten that. [view link] There has always been some accounts of a radio communication from them having been received. With that plane, you could not use the radio unless you could get one engine running. So that pretty much means on land, and with either the propeller off, or with the engine being held up with enough ground clearance to turn. Back then I think aircraft still used HF bands, like 20 meters. So there would have been a 1/2 or 1/4 wave length antenna. Could have been strung up in trees if plane was wrecked. SJG
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    That is a big crab! But where is his suit?
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @SJG. The antenna would only need to be about 6.5 to 13 feet long and thus could still be attached to the top or underbelly of the plane (horizontal dipole), not necessary in a tree. The plane may have floated off the island and been lost at sea. The propeller could have easily been shattered off and the engine still able to run minus the propeller; it would not be capable of flight, but would still be capable of operating the radio. Or at least in theory. Hell, the navigator could have drifted out to sea, in a broken plane with a broken propeller and still manage to operate the radio while a dead Amelia was being consumed by crabs. Hell, why am I even contemplating this stuff? 😂
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I keep seeing in my mind these giant crabs poised to eat me, and then drag my bones off to their lairs. But I have an advantage, I can swim, and I love being in water. All those crabs can do is scuttle about on the bottom. And those crabs did not eat an aluminum airplane. So the Earhart plane would have had a vacuum tube radio, probably running off of 400hz 115volts. Standard for aircraft then, and for heavy aircraft today, as far as I know. Using 400hz instead of 60hz, the transformer core and the filter capacitors would have been smaller. But no way to run off of batteries. So engine would have to run for about 30 seconds to warm up vacuum tubes. Won't run well without propeller, not enough rotational inertia, no cooling. Antenna for aircraft HF, usually runs from roof of cockpit to vertical stabilizer. Lets see what we can find out online right now. Here again, about the Coconut Crabs: [view link] Here they talk about high tech quest to find the plane. ( should be lots of planes out there under the water from the Pacific War ) [view link] "On June 1, 1937, a plane took off from Miami, Florida. It was a twin-engine Lockheed Electra plane, which just so happened to contain the world’s most famous pilot and her navigator. Their mission? To circumnavigate the globe and make a triumphant return to Oakland, California." "Somewhere during the perilous voyage, between Lae, New Guinea and a small uninhabited coral islet in the Pacific, it disappeared." "A combination of bad weather, radio transmission problems, and low fuel meant that the last recorded contact with the plane took place July 2, 1937. What followed was the most expensive sea and air search in American aviation up to that point. Tragically, no plane was ever discovered. Aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart and navigator Fred Noonan were finally declared dead on January 5, 1939." [view link] curious here: [view link] Pacific island Nikumaroro use zoom outs and changing back to maps, to see where this is: [view link] About 600 miles north of Samoa Like say coming East from New Guinea, to? Maybe Tahiti? So I guess there is some confusion here, wanting to fly West from Oakland, but a crash and repairs in Honolulu. Then flying again, East from Miami. Then this: "On June 29, they arrived in Papua New Guinea, only to depart again on July 2, headed for the uninhabited Howland Island, located just north of the equator in the Pacific Ocean." "A U.S. Coast Guard cutter, the Itasca, received voice transmissions from Earhart during that leg of the trip, saying, “We are on the line of position 156-137. Will repeat message. We will repeat this message on 6210 kilocycles. Wait. Listening on 6210 kilocycles. We are running north and south,” according to the museum." So this would be just a bit more than 50 meters wavelength of radio use. And it would then seem that plan had to have at least one engine running, and it sounded like it was flying. "Their flight should have lasted about 19 hours, but the plane never arrived at Howland, leaving Earhart’s disappearance as one of history’s biggest mysteries." "They have been looking into the possibility that Earhart and Noonan might have made an emergency landing on Nikumaroro (now called Gardner Island), in the Republic of Kiribati, where they may have subsequently perished. (Earhart’s plane has also remained missing, though in 2014, TIGHAR researchers found an “anomaly” on the seafloor off Nikumaroro that they said needed closer examination.)" okay, so this Nikumaroro is about 300 miles South of the Howland Island they were aiming for. So from Papua New Guinea would be about 2600 miles. And this was to have taken 19 hours. So that would have been about 130mph. DC 3's would cruise at 180mph. Okay, the bones they think are likely her's, and they have male bones too. [view link] They have a liquor bottle and a sextant of the type the navigator used for backup. Still have not found the plane. Still no mention of the radio transmission long after their plane had to have been down. That had been the main proof that they did not just go down into the ocean. But then if they have bones, that would settle all that. They see coconut crab damages on the bones. Okay, so it was British who originally found the bones in the early 40's. They also have some aluminum, and some plexiglas, and a jar of freckle cream. [view link] Now here they do talk about distress calls, like received at Honolulu. Sound like they are no longer flying. Could be ditched, or on that reef which makes up that island, maybe with the plane just barely staying on land? So this is what they think, the plane was on the reef, making distress calls for SEVERAL DAYS! And my understanding is that to use the radio you needed to have an engine running! So they think it did land basically safely, on its landing gear. "According to TIGHAR's hypothesis, Earhart would have used the aircraft's radio to make distress calls for several days until the plane was washed over the reef and disappeared before Navy searchers flew over the area." [view link] Okay, here it says that they had to have the right engine running, and propeller clear of obstructions. "Transmissions from Earhart's Electra (NR16020) were possible on three primary frequencies: 3105 kHz, 6210 kHz and 500 kHz. For the latter, however, there were no reported post loss signals. (500khz would have been the old LW band, slightly lower frequency than the AM broadcast band. Don't think anyone uses this anymore. ) On her world flight, Earhart transmitted on 3105 kHz at night, and 6210 kHz during daylight, using her 50-watt WE-13C transmitter. The Itasca transmitted on 3105 kHz, but did not have voice capability on 6210 kHz. Under favorable propagation conditions, it was possible for aircraft operating on the U.S. west coast at night to be heard on 3105 kHz in the central Pacific. Indeed, the Itasca reported hearing such signals on one occasion. There were three 50-watt Morse code radio stations in Nicaragua which could be heard on a receiver tuned to 3105 kHz, but the stations sent only code, not voice. Moreover, all transport aircraft in the area used assigned route frequencies, instead of 3105 kHz. "Therefore, other than Itasca, Earhart’s Electra was the only plausible central Pacific source of voice signals on 3105 kHz," said Gillespie. Although several of the analyzed post-loss signal reports were determined to be hoaxes, Gillespie ruled out the hypothesis of an illegal transmitter "given the numerous constraints militating against successfully perpetrating a signal transmission hoax." "We do not really have hoax transmissions but rather reports from people who, for whatever reason, claimed to have heard something they did not hear," Gillespie said. To make multiple transmissions, the Electra plane needed to run the right-hand, generator-equipped engine to recharge the batteries. "The safest procedure is to transmit only when the engine is running, and battery power is required to start the engine," said Gillespie. "To run the engine, the propeller must be clear of obstructions, and water level must never reach the transmitter." To verify the hypothesis that the plane landed on Nikumaroro's reef, TIGHAR researchers analyzed tidal condition on the island from 2 to 9 July 1937, the week following Earhart disappearance. It emerged that transmission of credible signals occurred in periods during which the water level on the reef was low enough to permit engine operation. (okay, so landing gear may have been partly in water. Could not always run engine, propeller clearance ) According to Gillespie, at least four radio signals are of particular interest, as they were simultaneously heard by more than one station. The first signal, made when the pilot had been officially missing for just 5 hours, was received by the Itasca, and two other ships, the HMS Achilles, and the SS New Zealand Star. The Itasca logged “We hear her on 3105 now - very weak and unreadable/ fone” and asked Earhart to send Morse code dashes. The Achilles did not hear “very weak and unreadable” voice, but heard Itasca’s request and heard dashes in response. The SS New Zealand only heard the response dashes. In other cases, credible sources in widely separated locations in the U.S., Canada, and the central Pacific, reported hearing a woman requesting help. She spoke English, and in some cases said she was Amelia Earhart. ( for those HF bands, you can get ionospheric skip at night. Could potentially be heard anywhere in the world ) In one case, on July 5, the U.S. Navy Radio at Wailupe, Honolulu heard a garbled Moorse code: “281 north Howland - call KHAQQ - beyond north -- won’t hold with us much longer -- above water -- shut off.” At the same time, an amateur radio operator in Melbourne, Australia, reported having heard a "strange” code which included KHAQQ, Amelia's call sign. According to Gillespie, the re-analysis of the credible post loss signals supports the hypothesis that they were sent by Earhart’s Electra from a point on the reef at Nikumaroro, about ¼ mile north of the shipwreck of the British freighter SS Norwich City. "The results of the study show a body of evidence which might be the forgotten key to the mystery. It is the elephant in the room that has gone unacknowledged for nearly seventy-five years," said Gillespie. " Sounds to me like she just got lost, ran out of fuel, ended up on a wrong island. They in following days likely the sea washed her plane off of the reef, making it harder to find her via overflights. Wonder how long they were able to survive on that island? If they can find the plane under the water, that would really clench it. Also looking to DNA analysis? Not sure if they still have the bones. Not much of an island, very little usable square footage. [view link] Clarence Kelly Johnson, first task, convincing his bosses that the original single vertical stabilizer Electra was unstable. So they went to the twin tail version. [view link] SJG Wicked Lady, great album cover [view link] Boz Scaggz [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ In retrospect, I think the Navy could have done a better job. They were officially helping Earhart. They had a destroyer they stationed at Howland. Of the two radio bands Earhart used, it only had voice on one of the bands, just morse code for the other. Should have been better. They should have been able to "hold the key down" and let Earhart find them directionally, or to do the same with her. As she was flying, radio transmission would not use any significantly more fuel. I know communications technology was more primitive then. Not able to record voice, let alone direction and phase of signals. But could have used land stations too, and tracked her and kept her from getting about 300 miles off course. Compass should have worked well there, equatorial region. But radio direction finding from two sites should have told them right where she was, and before she got far off course. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Her plane shouldn't have been expected to carry more stuff. But the destroyer and land bases could have been better equipped. Make sure both she and they were tracking each other on maps. Shouldn't have had any problems. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Reflecting on this, I have to say, I don't think the US Navy comes across very well here. Not referring to the search efforts, as that was all after the fact. It,s the letting her get far off course in the first place. I know the technology today is radically better. But I am very familiar with WWII communications technology, having worked on much and restored some. This was July 1937, so I know it was still more primitive. Lockheed Electra's are usually photographed with a direction finding loop on the roof of the cockpit. [view link] The question is whether Earhart actually had this when she took off, if she knew how to use it, or if maybe she had some experimental version of the controller box which she was prohibited from speaking of? So many people were monitoring her radio broadcasts. If Earhart had a direction finder, then she always would have know which direction to go. Even with a magnetic compass and gyroscopes, with cross winds a plane does to go in the direction it is pointing. Navigator had a sextant, but can you use that in the day time, and with the Sun? Really want radio navigation. As I know, everyone used the AM broadcast station on Honolulu to get to Hawaii. People had flown from San Francisco. They Navy had long taken to B-17's, flown in from Seattle. For Earhart they had stationed a destroyer at Howland Island. A communications base could have been set up at Howland. The destroyer is mobile. Better to pull it to about 500 miles back on her route. Multiple land bases with direction finding antenna and communicating with each other, they could have tracked her and radioed to her new compass headings. If she had a working direction finder, she always could have kept moving towards the desired transmission site. Double Sideband AM w/ Carrier Broadcasting works great for this. Seems to be lots of ineptitude, and I would not have expected to see this in our Navy. Japan had rolled into Manchuria in Sept 1931, and transformed it into a puppet state. [view link] By 1937 they are making a brutal attack at Shanghai. [view link] Miami Cockpit photos, but not sure that when she did depart, that her plane was still equipped the same way. [view link] The Bendix Loop [view link] Construction of the Loran system started in mid 1944. Wings of Intent, w/ scale model [view link] Problems with using Earhart's Loop Antenna [view link] Yes, she really cut the speed down, to just over 130 statue miles per hour. I presume to increase range. Know she had extra tankage. Stated range 600 miles. She was doing 2000 miles. [view link] "Preliminary radiation pattern results from my Lockheed Electra NR16020 Dorsal V antenna computer model. Plane is sitting on its landing gear on a salt water beach ground. Elevation angle (takeoff angle) of radiation pattern shown in this plot is 15 degrees. Gain ranges from about +3.5 dBi at 3.1 MHz to about +5dBi at 24.8 MHz. It is an omni-directional antenna pattern on 3.1 MHz and 6.2 MHz. It is a modified cardioid pattern favoring the forward direction of the airplane on 18.6 MHz and 24.8 MHz. " [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Book: Finding Amelia, gets into the post loss radio signals [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Robert Ballard's search 8/12/2019 [view link] a different theory: [view link] [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The XPBY-1 had its maiden flight on 19 May 1936, during which a record non-stop distance flight of 3,443 mi (2,992 nmi; 5,541 km) was achieved. The XPBY-1 was delivered to VP-11F in October 1936. The second squadron to be equipped was VP-12, which received the first of its aircraft in early 1937. [view link] Should have been better prepared and have made a better showing. And here notice that same direction finding loop: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Twin Tail Electra [view link] Multiple antenna on top. Notice some dual antenna on the underside, likely also for direction finding, at longer wavelengths, and forward oriented. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    P-38 California Cutie [view link] Here, a model showing its D-day stripes. [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Triangulating on her post flight radio transmissions. [view link] Some where received by professional radio operators using directional antennas, the lines all cross at this Gardener Island. One received by a girl who listened to shortwave regularly, and she took detailed notes. Received in Florida and Eastern Canada. To me that seems like a bit much. But with good antenna and receiver, 200 watts is plenty for SSB communications to anywhere in the world, at night time, and on 20 Meters (15 Mhz) Day time is different, and she was using AM, had 50 watts, and was at 6.1 Mhz. So some radio experts say that her rig put out lots of harmonics and that she was being heard though harmonics. Other people here will know more about the likely hood of this than me. SOS was transmitted. But they had no telegraph key, likely using the talk switch on the microphone. Earhart did not know Morse Code. Talk of the navigator Fred Noonan being badly injured. Talk of what sounded like a cockpit struggle. Talk about sweltering noon day heat in aluminum plane. Talk about them being captured by Japanese, then maybe being executed. Talk about Japanese recovery plane. All seems unlikely to me, as they have never said anything about this. For myself, I do have competency questions about Earhart, her real suitability for this. Too many problems landing aircraft. But I also am seeing the Navy as not having made suitable preparations. And their after the fact search was not effective. Talk about a ship, Norwich City being already ship wrecked on the reef. Earhart might have tried to explain this over the radio, since she other wise did not know where she was. If you wanted to receive transmissions like this today, phased array receiver, rather than moving direction finder. What ever comes in, the modulated information is recorded. But you also record the magnitude and phase information from each array element. Transmissions might be short, and you want everything recorded. More video: [view link] I think very hard to live on such an island, now source of fresh water. Coconut Crabs [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    more recent video: [view link] sonar image which could be the plane, but it is only suggestive of that. 2018, the broken freckle cream jar [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Coconut crabs are not that giant, not like Alaska crabs. But they are dangerous. Must be crabs that stay mostly on land, not in the water. SJG
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^^ Who the fuck are you engaging with in this thread? Looks like you’re writing to yourself in your own head.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    More on the bones, they seem to have gotten lost during war. [view link] [view link] [view link] Robert Ballard's Efforts, National Geographic [view link] Earhart's custom built Electra. Extra fuel tanks, need to climb over these. Navigator's table, windows, I guess on each side. Rear of fuselage is the head. Notice direction finding loop. And notice the V antenna connecting from roof of cockpit to each of the twin tails. 550 hp for each engine. Radio and battery back with navigator's table. [view link] City of Norwich, wrecked on Gardner Island 1929, still there today. [view link] Red dot shows coordinates. Image of wrech though 150' West [view link] Teenage girl in Florida heard what she believed was Earhart saying "New York City" into radio. Maybe she was saying "Norwich City" in order that people might figure out where she was. Theory of the coconut crags dragging off bones. [view link] Flight Route Map, started flying East from Miami [view link] Disputing the idea that Fred Noonan was an alcoholic, something that started only with a 1966 book. [view link] Gardner Island [view link] Boeing 314 Clipper, used by Pan Am starting in 1939, only 12 built. [view link] 4 engines, 3500 mile range [view link] [view link] radio and navigation room [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Even had catwalks inside of the wings, so that it was possible to get to the backsides of each of the four engines, inside of their nacelles. SJG Joni Mitchell [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    [view link] About radio transmissions [view link] Type of radio set Earhart had on board: Western Electric model 13C transmitter about harmonics from above radio, and reference to a schematic (sounds like class C, but for some reason not much of a tank circuit?) [view link] Tighar Research Papers [view link] Only takes two to triangulate a location. But radio operators employed by the airlines on Oahu, Midway, and Wake, all triangulated to the same place, Gardener Island. Of course what she needed to have made it to Howland were radio operators sending her her current position. No other way to get there efficiently with cross winds. But as she was down, they should have sent people ashore at this Gardener Island. Anyway, I want to see that one of a kind Electra, with the extra tankage and the navigator's table and window, pulled up out of the water. Because of the photo which might be showing one landing gear, it is probably washed a few feet off of the coral reef, and now upside down. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Detailed analysis of on board radio equipment: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Detailed analysis of on board radio equipment: [view link] [view link] Block Diagram of W.E. 13C transmitter. Bear in mind that this was a time when radio electronics technology was changing rapidly. For her 1937 flight she was using 1935 radio equipment. But this equipment had served the airlines well. I would point out two things that jump out at me. First, she does not have much which has to be communicated, but she is absolutely dependent on radio navigation. Second this transmitter depends upon broad band RF transformers, 500khz, to 6.1Mhz. Most stuff does not work that way today, instead working via narrow band tuned transformers and by frequency conversion. And I not that the Japanese company of TDK claimes to have invented ferrite. Not sure if her gear would have had this. I think it important. [view link] I thought this ran off of a 400hz alternator on the right engine. No, it actually runs on battery power. The output tube B+ is 1050 volts. Need to see more about how this works. Most people today who use communications radios are used to linear final amplifiers. This is very different, and it modulates at the output power, Double Sideband AM w/ carrier. Some talk about people on the ground being able to hear Earhart, but she not seeming to be able to hear them. No way she could have found Howland without radio direction finding. That would have given her a chance. Better if the operators on Oahu, Midway, and Wake were radioing her her position. But at least with her own direction finding she would have had a chance. " The final amplifier operated at a power input of approximately 110 watts to produce 50 watts average modulated output on voice. The transmitter operated from the 12-volt DC electrical system aboard the aircraft. The tube filaments and the relays in the control circuitry were powered directly from 12 volts. High-voltage power for the tubes was provided by a dynamotor, a motor-generator unit which operated from the 12-volt system and produced 1050 volts DC at approximately 300 milliamperes. " Talk about antenna's next. But this gear, though I guess it did work, it is crude. SJG SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Yes, this stuff tended to be without meters for antenna tuning. More modern gear usually has something like a directional couple or impedance bridge, and then you can measure forward power and reflected power and switch so it shows Standing Wave Ratio. But then the antenna were crude too. Not always tuned to the rig in the same ways. So they used the wire that ran in a vee, from vertical stabilizer to vertical stabilize, and centered on a mast over the cockpit roof. Western Electric Model 20B Receiver block diagram [view link] In my view, failure of radio navigation has to have been the problem. Seems she got the plane to Gardner Island, about the right final distance. Just was totally lost. Should have had more backups and contingency plans. [view link] So Earhart had them dump this long wire trailing antenna. She had tried early to fly round the world, by going West, starting from Oakland to Honolulu. Then she had a back take off accident in Honolulu, and Lockheed would rebuild the plane, then they also hired a radio technician to make alterations, I guess as requested by Earhart. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    [view link] "The transmitter could easily have become so mistuned that power was actually being radiated on the wrong frequencies. " "If the transmitter were mistuned, the modulation quality would suffer. The signal might become broad and the speech distorted. Indeed, observations were made at Lae, New Guinea, before Earhart’s final takeoff which indicated such distortion on 6210 KHz" "The receiver aboard NR16020 was a Western Electric Model 20B. This receiver was designed for communications purposes. It contained no circuitry to enable its use as a navigation receiver. " ^^^^^^ !!!!!!! "Overall, the Model 20 series receiver was, at best, an average radio, built with cost in mind. In terms of the technology of the times, it was hardly the best choice for a flight of this magnitude. It suffered from several design deficiencies. " " There is debate as to the exact nature of the receiving antennas aboard NR16020. One scenario deems it possible that the dorsal Vee antenna was not used for receiving at all, but transmitting only; and that the receiver was not connected through the antenna changeover relay, but directly to one or more antennas installed on the belly of the aircraft. This scenario also includes the hypothesis that the belly antennas were destroyed, unbeknownst to Earhart, when the masts or the wires made contact with the ground during the final takeoff from Lae, New Guinea. This scenario may explain why Earhart seems to have been unable to hear any transmissions from the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Itasca at Howland Island, as she approached the end of this leg of her flight. The existence of the belly antennas is an established fact. However, they may not have been employed for communications reception at all, but rather as sense antennas for radio direction finding purposes. Unfortunately, no available source can confirm their exact function. " ^^^^^^^ This gets it right here! " The radio equipment aboard the Lockheed Electra flown by Amelia Earhart, NR16020, was probably adequate for flying U.S. domestic civil airways of the mid 1930s. For the round-the-world attempt it was entirely inadequate. Considering the fact that, outside the U.S., the primary radio frequencies employed on the flight would be in the high-frequency range, the receiver was only marginal. In fact, some of the average home-type all-wave broadcast receivers of the day may have exhibited better overall performance in the H-F bands. The alterations to the antenna system aboard NR16020, while well-intentioned, resulted in degraded performance of the transmitter. In fairness to Joseph Gurr, however, it must be remembered that Earhart was obsessed with saving weight and this was one main reason she left behind her trailing-wire antenna. Gurr was trying to help preserve her 500 KHz capability, to enable use of the only emergency frequency then available; but by lengthening the dorsal Vee antenna, he created other serious problems. His radio knowledge may have been more empirical than theoretical; therefore, he may not have realized the extent or cumulative effect of the problems created by his changes. This sort of empirical knowledge was typical of the times; but it was not adequate to deal with this situation. " Her trip was totally under planned and under equipped. And the Navy could have made much more available in terms of back up resources, if told too. Would have been better to have people from the long range airlines work on this project. " Why was the transmitter not equipped with more frequencies; i.e., particularly those employed by entities in the remote areas of the world to be overflown? Was there a version of the 13-series transmitter with more channels? Morgan’s 1939 book contains a schematic diagram for a modified version of the 13C with five frequencies (see Appendix). Whether this was available off-the-shelf in 1937 is not known; but considering how many other modifications Earhart was provided, it does not seem unreasonable to think additional channel capability was out of reach. Why did Earhart not have any frequencies used by organizations such as British Imperial Airways, the British Royal Navy, the French Navy, the U.S. Navy, or – especially – Pan American Airways? The last is especially puzzling, since by 1937 Pan Am had an extensive radio system, and direction-finding facilities across the Pacific. Fred Noonan had pioneered the Pacific routes for Pan Am and was well familiar with their system. "
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    This is their Forum. Anyone can search and read the posts. Latest post made today. [view link] Looking for the plane and for bones. Not sure where they really are at on this right now. Sounds like it is hard and slow going. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Amelia Earhart Expedition Ends With Potential Clues, but No Answers [view link] " Robert Ballard’s expedition to Nikumaroro to search for evidence of Amelia Earhart’s final resting place has ended without locating the Lockheed Electra. The search isn’t heading back entirely empty-handed — a land-based search party is still working on the island, and National Geographic pointed to a silver sheet of metal with what appear to be rivet holes as potentially being an artifact connected to the lost Earhart aircraft — but no firm or final artifact was found to mark the spot where Earhart landed. " August 27, 2019 Was Amelia Earhart Eaten by Crabs? [view link] 8/27 ‘Tantalizing clue’ marks end of Amelia Earhart expedition [view link] "Ballard doesn’t plan on returning to Nikumaroro unless the land team finds definitive evidence that Earhart and Noonan perished there. Yet he already knows where he’d search if he did go back to the island: Beaches further south where it’s flat enough to land and the underwater topography is much smoother—perfect for sonar, he says." They do have parts of an adult female skull. They think it from the same skull which was found on the island in 1940. So far, this is all they have, and so basically it is over. "An expedition land team led by National Geographic Society archaeologist Fredrik Hiebert may have found fragments of the skull in the Te Umwanibong Museum and Cultural Centre in Tarawa, Kiribati." SJG White Girl [view link] The B-52's - "Rock Lobster" (Countdown 1980) [view link] the B-52's - Give Me Back My Man [view link] The B-52's - Roam (Official Music Video) [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Ricks act and then think later. So yes, the are influenced by Rick Dugan. They believe that they are Dugan. And due to psychological and medical torture, Dugan believes that he is a Rick. He is not, he is a hairless ape. He is the Last Man. This is the best information to date as to who and what the Ricks are: [view link] SJG The Rolling Stones Live In Paris Full Concert 2018 [view link] Sexiest Ladies of Jazz [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion