tuscl

OT: can you protect your most valuable?

Nidan111
Somewhere in MO.
Sunday, August 18, 2019 12:00 AM
I’m in a reflective mood. Do you have the skills and fortitude to protect your family if needed? I know I’m getting older, but I absolutely know that I can and will be able to protect them if a group assaults us. I say that because I had four sheriff deputies in my house several years ago that I could have taken out in 2 seconds with my 45 ACP Pistol. The only reason I did not kill them was because I saw one of the officers badge as I had him in my sights. I knew then that they were probably there for a good reason and not bad. Turns out that they were responding to my house alarm that my autistic daughter set off.

26 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    I own guns. In my house I can quickly reach a shotgun or pistol. When I'm out and about, I usually carry a semi-auto or a revolver.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    At home I only need to concern myself with my SO and yours truly and that I can do with an issue, as well as she can. Out and about, I would also concentrate on us and the situation would dictate what I'd in that event.
  • Spillthebeans
    5 years ago
    I am sure I can and will. Just ask the 3 thugs that hassled my granddaughters yesterday. One actually pissed his pants in the mall parking lot as we waited on the cops to arrive. They met a bad combination....An old man with a carry permit and his friends Smith & Wesson !!!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I recounted a story a while ago where I used violence to protect my children and it scared them worse that they saw me act that way, I maintain that the best way to protect those that you care about is to be aware of your surroundings and avoid such encounters if at all possible.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I got a hatchet. Wanna play?
  • bubba267
    5 years ago
    Yes, absolutely. As I first began to decide about defensive weapons training and techniques, the police LT that was helping told me that I had to be sure that I would be able to pull the trigger and take a life when/if the time came. If it is a choice between the threat and my family, there is only one choice.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I think I can. As Bubba mentions above, the most important thing is to have the will to do it.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    I protect myself and family mostly by avoiding conflict. Knock on wood, that’s all I’ve needed.
  • rickthelion
    5 years ago
    You non-rick hairless apes make us ricks laugh. You think you’re all tough and willing to take a life. If you saw a real threat, like a rick, coming at you you’d piss your pants and drop your guns. Then I’d go wildebeest on your ass! ROAR!!!
  • rickthelion
    5 years ago
    Of course, rickdugan is the exception. As the smartest and most badass hairless ape on the planet he can be a stone-cold killer whenever he needs to be. But we ricks like to work behind the scenes to control things. And then we make the morons think it is the Illuminati or lizard people or whatever. Morons. The only lizard you have to worry about is rickthegoanna! ROAR!!!
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Against one or two perps, I have no doubt. But against a group the odds drop dramatically. I'm sure you had a great John Wick mental moment when you had one of those sheriffs in your sights, but the odds that you'd have incapacitated all four of them before one of them got you are extremely low. Those guys are trained to pull fast if they spot a weapon and there's a good chance that a couple of them had military training as well. Fortunately most home invasions don't involve armed groups. But at the end of the day the best way to protect your family is to minimize their exposure to dangerous situations as much as possible.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    ^^^ true that.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I chased a guy out of my parents house with my shotgun, I have no problem putting myself between danger and the ones I love. I have no clue how well I would do in different situations but I do know I will never back down
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    I have been there when someone got shot before. I always wondered how I would react in a situation like that, but I did keep my cool. It is good to think through different scenarios and how to react, but probably not a good idea to dwell on that. I agree with being smart about what situations you get yourself into.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    [view link] ^ here is a YouTube channel about Active Self Protection
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    But what if you come across a white guy with a small dick who's mad at the world for making him such a loser that he goes on a shooting spree in public? Then what?
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I know exactly what I would do JAprufrock..... I would shoot and kill the bastard, I would not fucking hesitate. The real question is what would you do?
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    ^^I’d slap the taste out of the little bitch’s mouth, put a cap between his beady eyes and kick him in his scrawny nutsack, not necessary in that order.
  • rickthelion
    5 years ago
    Don’t sell yourself short rick my friend. You’re correct that none of these hairless apes that are bragging about their guns would survive an encounter with an armed group. They’re not ricks after all. But you are. Remember the report from the other hairless ape on the council, rickthechinaman? That crazy sumbitch took out a group of special forces with nothing but a fountain pen and the dildo he was fucking that whore with. Well, I was there, watching him bang the whore because I’m kind of a freaky pervert. I’m a rick after all. So I was watching and then the attack happened. The US government was worried we ricks were too badass. Those SEALs thought they had us but no...it was a thing of beauty seeing the “special” SEALs get their asses kicked by a single rick! I was going to help but that crazy chinaman had things wrapped up before I could even yell “wildebeest!” ROAR!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Sounds like there must be shootouts going on continually, everywhere! SJG
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @SJG. Depends on what city you in. Not uncommon in some. Uncommon in others.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I'm not concerned about anyone coming after me. I can deal with that, and I don't need any guns. But what about all the crossfire from all the idiots who put their faith in guns? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    When I travel in the US, I'm going to have to enter towns by crawling on my belly, 'cause of all the trigger happy armed TUSCLers. Bullets will by flying over my head constantly. SJG
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @SJG don’t worry about ducking here in my redneck area of the US. We generally hit what we aim at. We hate wasting good ammunition.
  • rickthecoconutcrab
    5 years ago
    Nisan guy, I scoff at your misplaced confidence in your ability to protect your family with a gun. If a well-trained group of ninjas attacked your family you’d be toast. On the other hand, I would be able to give each of those ninjas a crab claw to the balls and incapacitate them all. No need for a gun. The difference between you and me: my name is rick, I wear a suit, I tell girls I’m a chemical engineer, and I’m a badass giant crab. You’re just a damn dirty ape! Scuttle! Scuttle! Scuttle!
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ excellent point. This is why I do my best to hide from any suit wearing chemical engineers .... not only do they carry risk of crabs, but they are chemically enhanced prickers. Those crabs can pounce upon you from yards away.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion