tuscl

Stage Names

Sunday, July 21, 2019 3:11 AM
So I used to work as a dancer in some well known Dallas area clubs at age 18, loved it and was making money. Seven years later I’m going to grad school with shitty clubs and So taking a year off dancing, but I’m currently writing a memoir/doing research about club demographics, etc. My question is: Do you prefer traditional stripper type names such as Diamond, Scarlett, Cristal, Sinnamon, Angel, Princess etc., or more mainstream names such as Nicole, Michelle, Hailey, Katie, Jessica, Natalie etc.? Which is your preference (customers and dancers both), what type of club do you usually visit, etc.)? Thanks for your participation!

82 comments

• FishHawk
    5 years ago
    Thinking back over all the years of going to Strip Clubs. Names I remember from years ago are Heather, Barbra Ann and Sandy. More recent dancers I have liked had names like Sage, Victoria, Electra and Denver. I remover fondly some other dancers but not their names. I guess the names are not quite so important. If I were to choose I would like names that sounded like real names.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Fake names don’t matter.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I prefer traditional names. Easier to remember. A;though I have also liked a few names that were not traditional but were very original. 2 that come to mind are Pebbles and Poppy.
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    As long as a dancer doesn't walk up to me and say something like "Hi, I'm Travis! What's your name?" I'm not at all picky about names.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I make sure they don’t have an Adam’s apple the names don’t matter much ;)
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    Hmm... yeah maybe the Crocodile Dundee method would be most reliable.
  • samiel
    5 years ago
    For me, the names have not mattered. I think for OTC though, it's been easier if they have a non-stage sounding name like Jenn or Brie vs Emerald or Toy.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I very strongly prefer mainstream names. I visit mid-level and mainstream clubs Names do have an effect, even if subconsciously, on how you view someone. As my best SC wingman points out, I tend to prefer strippers who come off a bit more princessy (vs ghetto, or ho-ish, or hustle-y, or GPSy, or nymph-y), and the whole effect is a little tougher if I'm calling her Bambi
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    -prefer mainstream names -normally go to mid tier clubs
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Don't care about the name. I'll call them whatever they want me to. I generally go to mid-tier clubs.
  • PutaTester
    5 years ago
    Mainstream
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm into variety so the name is pretty-much inconsequential - if I like the way she looks and I like the way she gives dances, the name is the least of my concerns
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    If someone has a real sounding (mainstream) name I have no interest in knowing their real name. If they have a fake sounding (traditional) stripper name then it drives me a little crazy to keep calling them by that and I usually want to know their real name.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    It’s whatever. Not big a deal to me. I tell you what why don’t you bring some name options that you got narrowed down to here and we can vote on it.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I had a CF for a while who went by Gogo. She was awesome, but I felt ridiculous calling her by that.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    codemonkey - "As long as a dancer doesn't walk up to me and say something like "Hi, I'm Travis! What's your name?" I'm not at all picky about names." LOL A few dancers pick a name that somewhat reflects their personality - at least for that moment. That thoughtfulness is appreciated. Montana from Ricks in Austin - lived up to her name. No speed limits. Lived wild and in the fast lane. Enigma from Bare in Austin - changed hairstyle, personality and attitude every so often. Always a surprise. Harmony from Divas in Austin - She gives a head massage, shoulder massage during a lapper while straddling on you. Whole body experience. But then there was Pleasure from Palazio. She was pleasure, only barely. When parting she said "It was pleasure doing business with you". I had to say "But it was business having pleasure with you".
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I go to Dive Clubs, Ghetto Clubs, Mid Tier Clubs, College Town Clubs and High End Clubs. I prefer Dive Clubs. I could care less about their names. I will forget them as soon as I walk out. If they give me their phone number (happens about 75% of time), I just put their stage name in, followed by RN and city so that I can quickly pull them up in my phone when in that town. Otherwise, I really don’t care what their name is, real or fake.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Doesn't matter significantly, but mainstream
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I remember names based on experiences. Only one name stood out because it was so different than what I've heard, and that's Snow Bunny. She was a good experience also.
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    Go to dives and mid level high mileage clubs. Couldn't really care less about the name as long as it isn't some goofy name like the girl I went to vip with last month named Google. Obviously it didn't stop me from enjoying myself, but it was odd.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    Names are generally not that important unless they have the name of one of my daughters then I won't get dances with them. Just a little too creepy there. Mid tier and dive clubs.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Use your real name. No one is going to believe you anyway.
  • King_Gambrinus
    5 years ago
    Normal name.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    rh48hr - I once told a dancer that I couldn't get a dance from her because her name was the same as my daughter's. She said just call me anything you like. I said "how about bitch?" She said" That'll work!"
  • rhiannon529
    5 years ago
    From a dancer”a perspective a was way more successful going by Nicole than some of the more typical names. But it goes with my GND persona. I’m not discriminating against anyone’s names but for god sake please stop using diamond as a stage name. It is really unoriginal at this point
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I met a dancer once that was white and her stage name was White Diamond because there was already a black dancer using Diamond.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I agree with you rhiannon529. Something unique is always better. Want to know what My real name is? MackTruck Want to k ow what my fake name is? MackTruck That way I don't get them mixed up...😁 Smart talk
  • Michigan
    5 years ago
    A dancer I knew came back after a hiatus and wanted a new name. I suggested Felony. She absolutely loved it. Probably because she had been arrested several times. Another dancer and I were on the subject of names and she liked Alibi.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @michigan. Holy shit! Is she in East Cape? Lol.
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    I am more partial to traditional names. Some stage names can be soo pretentious that I just can't get myself to utter them.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Mitchell Brothers strippers always have first and last names. My fave name ever: Robyn Banks
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    If I had to pick, mainstream. But I really don't care.
  • Michigan
    5 years ago
    @Nidan111 no clue. I moved away last year. She used to work at Country Rock Cabaret.
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    Most appropriate name was a big busty blonde dancer I knew that went by Sandy Dunes.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I've known a dancer or 2 go by the name of "Trouble" which I thought was dumb since trouble is the last thing I wanna deal with. I assume they think of it as sexy in a bad-girl kinda way.
  • rl27
    5 years ago
    As long as the name is sexy I don't really care. Now that said, there have been a few names I heard that didn't seem to work, such as: Olga, Olive, Gertrude, Pearl, Hazel, Henrietta, and Helga. Other times there have been names that work, except when there are several dancers. For instance I have known several Jay's and Kay's, but having a Jay and a Kay in the same club is a bit too much. Same with similar sounding names such as Anaya, Anya, Anaira, Anika, and Anita, all working at the same club. I was interested in Anaya and almost asked for Anaira.
  • oscarlomax
    5 years ago
    The name selection has always intrigued me. Sure, we've all run into Angel, Sexy, Sky, Foxy, Kitty, Luscious, Winter, Summer---never Fall or Spring----Nicole, Judy, Sandra, Maria, and Sinnamon. I always prefer when a girl takes time and thought to come up with a name that fits her. Sometimes it's between typical and unusual like Pheonix, Reva, Serene, or Leandra. And if it fits her personality, so much the better. But if it's too obtuse like---I kid you not---Girl#7, you might be hesitant unless she looks so hot she melts everything around her. Bottom line, the name game is fun, but guys remember how the woman looked and if the look matched the experience---provided it was a great experience.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    me too.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    If you're going to have a ridiculous fake name, at least make it work for you. I would get dances from a girl that approached with "Hi, I'm Tight."
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    does Poindexter work?
  • rick33
    5 years ago
    I enjoy the creativity behind the names +Subra on MB, always good for a chuckle, also memorable- Texass and Lexxxus..
  • NoahWhey
    5 years ago
    Recently met a dancer named Cocoa. I told her that I'd come in next time and order a Cocoa with whipped cream to go.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    Don’t care about the name. I visit all kinds of clubs. Just need to be a little more careful visiting certain clubs at night. Lastly, in light of all the 2AMers that have been posted here, I try to leave clubs by 1:00am. Doesn’t always happen and I’ve had some really good times after 2AM, but it’s a guide rule I try to follow.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    My stage name is Super Mane
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    At clancys in NJ all the girls use thier real name. Brazilians see dancing as any other job.
  • Blksil
    5 years ago
    I can barely remember people's names in real life. So, all the more, when someone takes the right measures to be remembered, it makes a HUGE impact. I think all guys in SC's (many would never admit it) are looking for a human CONNECTION--even if it's imaginary. But a "pretend human connection" is still...technically...a type of connection. So I think the NAME CAN BE very important to the patron on an emotional level and the Lady on a business level (*I highly respect the business/sales aspect of being a stripper). That said, "traditional stripper names" like Diamond, Sparkles, Delilah, Star etc. are pointless. Not a problem, but it immediately shuts down the possibility of a top-rate connection. An interesting "strategy" I feel I've encountered is the "my stage name is...__Rose__, but you can call me Rachel." When a girl does this, I still don't believe "Rachel" is her real name. And I don't care about knowing her real anyways (unless the friendship has grown and grown over dozens of encounters). Nonetheless, it's not much different than offering someone your "nick-name." The ".... But you can call me ______, everyone does!" This is a very good approach. An overly common name like Ashley may be better than Diamond, but easily forgotten (Though, again, "My name is Ashley, but you can call me Ash" half way through the encounter would make a difference.) Another best approach would be a truly unique name like ... "Orchid" ... that is uncommon can stand out **IF** it comes with an explanation. Explaining one's name is always a great connection. Lastly, sociologically, if a name isn't used regularly it loses its power. So "what's in a name" if it's only said once at the beginning and forgotten 15 seconds later. Conclusion: use a name to connect, not as a mere title. *I prefer only top notch professional beauties and establishments.
  • geunther
    5 years ago
    Please no more Mercedes, Passion, Lexus, Diamond, etc. I would also avoid some of the more ancient mainstream names, ie. Gertrude, Ruth, Betsy, Bertha. Express yourself. You seem to be very intelligent, vivacious and educated. A rose by any other name... I think 'Anytime' could be cute, depending on the club. Since you are considering a memoir, make it memorable, so perhaps your loyal custies can recognize you once you are published. Probably have to keep it somewhat reasonable since the other dancers may dislike anything too bold. Have fun with it, you have time to decide while you are finishing your grad work. And tell us the name when you have made a decision.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    A fav dancer of mine was named Malice -- thought that was awesome. Changed it to Max -- not as sexy somehow. Don't prefer girls named after cars. Unless it's really creative like Malice I prefer real names like Jennifer or Annie.
  • rl27
    5 years ago
    I knew a dancer years ago named Chantilly. The DJ would play a few bars of Chantilly Lace whenever she was called on stage. One Asian dancer called herself Malaise, probably trying to sound like Malaysia, until she was told what the word malaise meant. Lately I have heard a lot of dancers named Dallas, Diamond, Phoenix, Dakota, Lexus, Cherokee, Asia, Sugar, Princess, Raven, Athena, Serenity and Paris. The name Mercedes I haven't heard much lately. I once mentioned to a dancer named Cherokee that the club has four dancers named after cars here, Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche, and a Jeep Cherokee. She was not amused. A few that I have only heard one or two called lately are Rose, Cinnamon, Melody, Luna, and Bambi all of which were more common a few years ago.
  • Roosterboy
    5 years ago
    I'm pretty new to the strip club scene to be honest, but so far I've liked when girls had more normal names. The traditional stripper names just seem so over-the-top, whereas I like sitting and having a chat with a girl who has a normal name. Makes it feel more like it's a normal girl at the bar I've been chatting with that get to see naked, rather than explicitly a stripper, who is just there to make money and is only artificially cordial to me. I know all strippers are there to work, but normal names make them seem less artificial than that (and many of the ones I've met that had more normal names were nice and chill and normal themselves!)
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    I've always been partial to names like Church (Where have you been! Why, I've been at Church, honey) or Class (Why, I've been at Class) or even The Boat. Easy to use alibis! 😉
  • kenrodchitown
    5 years ago
    The names really don't matter to me, but with about 8 years of earnest research the dancers who I remember are Anastasia, Caroline, Aiden, Victoria, Mackenzie, and Valerie Lane. While I don't favor dancers based on their names, it seems more likely that the personable dancers that I tend to like choose more realistic names, preferably about 3 syllables long.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    I don't remember names of dancers. I simply assume its a stage name - and who cares anyway. Its about the money, not whether I actually give a shit that your stage name is cute. The other night - a Russian stripper told me her name - and made sure to tell me its spelled with an N not an M. I didn't care
  • woodstock
    5 years ago
    Names on the roster during a recent visit to local club: Maite, Jade, Dream, Jessi, Catalina, Carmen, Spring, Giselle, Annie, Laurissa, Eva, Aniyah
  • Joe from NJ
    5 years ago
    I like real names. Stage stripper names turn me off.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Some of the more outrageous names suggest the dancer is into mind games. Other than that, it doesn’t matter.
  • metaldude
    5 years ago
    If they are fake they need
  • metaldude
    5 years ago
    ...to be good. Knew sisters who were Ora and Ana Lee
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Typical stripper or just female names are fine. It really doesn't matter to me. In my anecdotal observation it's the weird and obscure and somewhat masculine names that don't help a stripper's cause. For example here in Portland I've seen dancers with names like Hulk, Atlas, and Max and none of them make me anywhere near interested in going to see them.
  • George123789
    5 years ago
    I like “Code Monkey’s” response a lot. Keeping track of dancers stage names has always been a pain in the butt for me since I’ve gotten progressively more and more deaf. I’m only 59yo, but service related experiences took a toll. Now as a coping mechanism I have a couple cute names I use regularly when I meet dancers. I’ll usually start the convo with, “Hi Lust Muffin!” “I’m a horny old man”. Usually makes them laugh and I can follow up raving about how pretty they are, their great stage show, cute costume that drives me crazy or just how fucking hot they are and how i would love to pleasure their girly parts. If they laugh and carry it on I know I’ve got a winner if not I know she’s crabby and to disengage ASAP. Last time I was in a club, I played this game only to have a really cute 19yo stripper sit in my lap, guide my hand to her love nub and cover my arm up with her extra costume part as I fingered her until I had a wet spot on my leg that I’m pretty sure wasn’t pee because she was showing signs of enjoying my antics.
  • Piggie
    5 years ago
    I prefer the Mitchell Brothers with first and last name, it sounds more classy. I go to high milage clubs and high end clubs.
  • Hattrick61
    5 years ago
    Names that are easy to remember could be new or old I guess.
  • rl27
    5 years ago
    One thing I have noticed over the years is two named dancers going in and out of vogue. I recall Dancers with names like Chantilly Lace, Sterling Silver, Alexandria Nova, and Dakota Rayne. I typically tend to avoid dancers with two names, because many have been a bit stuck up on themselves, but a few were good.
  • JonathanToy
    5 years ago
    I thought I didn't care but reading answers I realized I subconsciously will gravitate towards traditional names I think the idea of a stage name makes me more likely to think she's going to be a ROB
  • lurkingdog
    5 years ago
    For me, if it’s a one time thing, I don’t really care what her name is. If it’s someone i’m seeing frequently, I will usually ask her her real name (and will usually get it). Then, it’s academic.
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    *******How About----Angel, Brook, Kitty, Roxy, Veronica, Starr, Lindsay, Cupcakes, Pebbles, Heather, LeeAnn, Sunshine, Andrea, Luscious, Lusty, Mariah, Jessica, Monika, Sam, Sandy, Archie, Ivy, Mary, Christina, Beth, Tabitha, Rachel, Bree, Meeka, Megan, Alexa, Alexis, Eve, Eva, Alekktra, Woo, Wu, Paige, Brandy, Cindy
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Mi Fav Dancer Names Or For Reg Names: Brook, Angel, Heather, Allessia/Alessia, Scarlet/Scarlett, Clair, Sukki, Savvy, Alice, Sunshine, Ivy, Iris, Mary, Kitty, Dawn, Millana, Lizzy, Venessa, Eve, Eva, Lucinda, Cindy, Alekktra, Lindsay, Seliya, Selena, Sabrina, Linda, Sophia, Starr, Meeka, Milly, Isabel, Luscious, Cupcakes, Pebbles ✔️ 💲 👄 👽
  • Evergreen98
    6 months ago
    I normally like the names that Asian dancers use. During the last few months, I have met 2 attractive dancers in Arizona who had the names of Yum Yum and Lick.
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Few More Name Additions To Mi Other Name Lists: Suvvy, LeeAnn, Alleahh, Nelly, Rawana, Aisha, Asia, Alicia, Alisha, Woo, Wu, Sandy, Veronica, Stacy, Amber, Lillian, Vicious, Tabitha, Ciara, Mindy, Felicia, Luvly, Gina,/Ginna, Brandy, Francis, Faith, Grace, Abby, Monika, Cheyenne, Lesley/Lesley, Dimitria, Lilly, Hunny, Moonlight, Ginger, Jenny/Jenn, Patrice, Nancy
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Name Additions To The Above Lists: Chenigh, Mariah, Alaisha, Summer, Cherry, Foxy, Naudia
  • skibum609
    6 months ago
    Don't care. I am terrible with names and seldom recall anyone's.
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Dancers Names Addition: Asiaa, Monikka, Chenigha/Chenighia, Levia/Leviaa/Levvia, Mommy, Alaina, Amber, Chenika/Chenikka, Destiny, Dustina, Windy/Wendy, Eileen, Mindy, Baby, Luvly, Sarah/Sara/Sarahh, Viscious, Peppers, Bunny, Wanda, Nina, Heavenly, Candy
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    For A Fuller List Of Dancers Names Ideas, Check The Verified Members Section Dancer Names Topic. I Posted Some Here In VIP/Front Room. Cheers @ Tuscl
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Cool Quickie Names Additions: AsiaVu, Annie/Ann, Wanna, Rawanna, Kristina/Christina, Claudia, Celeste, Lilly/Lillian, Anniahh, Vinny, Smooth/Smoothie, Fantasy/Fantasia, DejaVu, Asinda, ReaAnn, Sinndy, Nelly, Hotme, Flirtme
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    NightWishes, Estrella, DayDreamer/DayDreams, Beaches, SweetCake, BossLady, Celestial, Silinda, Sizzles, Saisha, Sasha, Katrina, Karina, Sativa/Sativva, Sikku, StripMe, StrippMe, StripGirl, StrippGirrl, StripperLove, Strippy, StrippyLuvv/StrippyLove, Smoothie/Smoothy, Archie
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Names/Versions Addition: Xtreme, StripLuvv, StripLove, StrippLuvv, StripperLuv/StripperLuvv, StripperLuvy, StripperLuvvy
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Cool Addition: Sadie, Sinful/SinFul/SinFull/Sinnful/SinnFul/SinnFull, StrippyLuvvy/StrippyLuvy
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Fun Addition: StripperSinn, StripperSin, SinfulStripper/SinFulStripper, LustyStripper, StripperLust, SweetieStripper, LuveeStripper, StripperLuvee/StripperLuveee, SinFullStripper, StripperLady, StripperGirl, StripperGirrl, VenomStripper
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Fun Names/Versions Addition To The Above: SinnfulStripper, Sinnin'Stripper, SinnFulStripper, BossyStripper, StripperBoss, BossLady, LustyDust, BossStripper, Smokin'Stripper, SinMe, SinnMe
  • stripperlover777
    6 months ago
    Fun Stripper Names/Versions: StarDust, DustLust, SinnDust, Sinnin'Dust, RockStripper, Sinnin'Lust/SinninLust, StripperSin/StripperSinn, SinnLust, LustySin/LustySinn, Smoothy/Smoothie, LustyShowGirl, AsiaVu, Fantasies/Fantasia/Fantasy, NightLove, NightLuvv, NightLuvvv
  • stripperlover777
    5 months ago
    Cool Stripper Name Versions: SavvyStripper1 VenomStripper1 FlirtyStripper1
  • stripperlover777
    5 months ago
    I Think Stage Music Is Really Important As Well, So I Have Posted Mi Fav's Music Groups/Songs On Mi Profile & Some Really Cool Dancer Goodies/Gifts Ideas On There As Well. Strip Club Cheers, Cool Name Versions: SinnDust1 RockStripper1
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion