tuscl

What on Earth does a young, beautiful, professional woman see in the older male?

Nidan111
Somewhere in MO.
Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:04 PM
I met my current wife when I was 42 years old. She was 22 years old, making $105,000 per year and engaged to her fiancé to be married within 4 months. I started training her in her new profession. We went to a few beer drinking sessions after work with other colleagues. She began flirting with me and before I knew it, her wedding was called off and we became a fantastic unit together. Hell, she even enjoys strip clubs with me from time to time. We have been together for 15 years now and it feels like just yesterday. I even tried to discourage her from hooking up with me due to our age difference. She told me that she enjoyed the “maturity difference” that I brought to the relationship. Hell, I thought i was just a workaholic. Apparently, guys her age were not attractive in her mind due to their maturity level (whatever that means). I frequently ask myself how I got so lucky to land a beautiful woman who did not need me for anything other than companionship. She makes very good money, has a fantastic personality, enjoys life and our time together. Is this common or did I just hit the jackpot in luck at that point in time?

27 comments

• Mate27
    5 years ago
    Funny how my wife made that much money too when I met her. Once our family started she couldnt keep up that pace of income, but at least we were able to save big time before the family came. Our age gap is less than half yours is, but I think knowing that we both had our shit together was a real big turn on for her. She could settle down with no drama, secure in the fact she knew she was getting some good meat to fry in the pan every night at home. Plus, we have the same values and interests, a compatible background. Sex is a luxury once you work and raise a family, but knowing we can make time to knock our boots off whenever we want to is a huge positive in keeping things mentally fresh. I look at my younger self chasing tail, and I laugh at how ridiculous I was wasting all that energy. I’ll take married life over bitches and how’s any day.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^^ over bitches and hoes
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    But whats the point of married life when you're out wasting money that could be used on your family, on hookers?
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Jackpot
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    It is not common. Good on you.
  • BrotherFogHorn
    5 years ago
    You a rightous dude nidan
  • BrotherFogHorn
    5 years ago
    Bless you
  • Timbuck12
    5 years ago
    When I hit my 40’s it was an eye-opener to me at how women would throw themselves at men 20+ years older than they were. Civilians, strippers, it didn’t matter. I think it’s a combo of mature confidence and life-success that attracts them.
  • chowder
    5 years ago
    Women mature faster than men. And they see what the mindset of an early 20's male is, and it is usually not one that is attractive as household provider. It is basic biology.
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    Hypergamy. Any other answer is BS. You offered more security and resources than her fiance and she instinctively knew it. It's just the way it is.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    It's also a character and maturity thing, in my opinion. SJG
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Well, whatever the reason, I’m one lucky mother fucker!!!
  • Kajohnston
    5 years ago
    @Nidan111 Confidence & resources...you’re a lucky man :)
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Mostly, it's the bulge in our pants next to the little head.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    1. Your particular energy levels are not typical. With all your martial arts stuff and whatnot. Plus you said you were still able to do the splits? 2. Some females naturally prefer older men. Me included. Note: And before some smart ass chimes in, no not necessarily as a sugar daddy thing. My EX BF (before he left me for a pack of hombres) was nine years older than me. And it was not a sugar arrangement. And I had harder limits that most on even certain things mileage wise, no matter how much $ I was turning down, for the sake of what was agreed to be acceptable. —— So I can visualize this being a thing.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Nothing wrong with girls with daddy issues, makes the world go round.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Often women, no matter what else they have, they just want to be married. SJG Rhapsody In Blue: Gershwin [view link]
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @gammamanu95. Lol. As I said, she needs none of my money. She makes her own 6 figure income and pays most of the bills. She is a great partner for sure. She does like to gravitate towards the older males when we go out and play together. So, I guess that is her desire. It is fun to tell our friends that I am 3 months older than her parents. Interesting discussions from that.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @nicespice. Yes, I am still quite capable of doing the splits. Dancers will frequently make me get up on stage and prove it. Dudes throw me dollar bills which I pass along to the dancer that challenges me.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    You go Nidan !
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Hmm, well there’s is the theory that women with older fathers skew older in their preferences too. [view link] And my dad is 39 years older than me, so there is that. The other two reasons listed could be a factor as well.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    If point #3 in the article I linked applies to Nidian’s wife at all, then it certainly has worked out well for her with a thread like this made. 😁 “A man is only as young as the woman he feels, but a woman is only as young as a man sees her to be. So if a woman believes her value decreases as she ages, she might be attracted to the older man who will see her as perpetually younger and, thus, more attractive.”
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    When my first wife (5 years older than I) got pissed off at me for watching the Playboy channel, she made me go to counseling to fix our marriage. Hell, I didn’t even know the marriage was broken until then. Anyway, during one of the “counseling sessions” the topic of younger girls wanting to hook up with older guys somehow came up. The counselor basically warned me of the dangers of me going out to play pool in bars without my wife due to the younger women at said places. My wife (at that time, now ex) laughed and stated that no young girls are going to want to flirt around with a 42 year old man. The counselor stopped her and EMPHATICALLY corrected her poor assumption. Even I was surprised at his comment. He stated, “ oh, dear, they VERY MUCH DO enjoy the older man!” At that moment, I realized that I had a future even though the current marriage was finished. So, @ Heaving, if you are at least 28 years old, you have a fighting chance for a young hottie. If you are 38 years old, even better. When you get to be middle aged.... BINGO! Any younger than 28 May land you in the jail or the hospital (from a pissed off dad).
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    @Nidan111 "When my first wife (5 years older than I) got pissed off at me for watching the Playboy channel, she made me go to counseling to fix our marriage." WTF? Is she for real? "My wife (at that time, now ex) laughed and stated that no young girls are going to want to flirt around with a 42 year old man." I generally wouldn't celebrate a broken marriage because I'll probably never get over mine, but shit, that bitch needed to be taken out with the trash and you obviously made the right call there.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Nidan, my opinion of why you two work is different that those of the others here. After 37 years of family law practice; a 30 year relationship with my wife that remains awesome and life experience tells me that relationships that are good and last are based on an initial, natural and uncontrollable attraction whcih remains strong because both people know they have something special and therefore have the INTENT it remain good. You two clicked, realized it was good and set out to keep it that way.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    ^^^ Wow! Sounds like solid advice skibum609
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @skibum. I think you are spot on!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion