tuscl

A few website changes 🌝

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
Yeah, I made a few changes

You can now favorite more than just listings

You can silence individual discussion threads

There is a new room just for Tijuana discussions

The dancer directory has been enhanced. You can post what club you work at.

And a bunch of other minor tweaks.

Have fun. 🌝

140 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Can you describe what the different symbols mean (circle with bar, the star, the + sign)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I like the new format and functionality although it'll take a bit getting used to.

The only change I sorta don't like is having to switch b/w 2 discussion boards - no biggie but prefer all threads in one view.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Star = favorite

Ø = ignore

+ = Trust
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Off the top of my head, my guess is that the circle with the bar is 'ignore' and the star is a sort of favorite or bookmark. That green circle probably is an indicator that the person is currently logged in.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    As time goes on we'll add more discussion boards

• Muddy
    5 years ago
    I’m not trying to bitch but this format isn’t as easy on the eyes. Just trying to give some honest feedback.
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    I'm loving the ability to get rid of individual thread a single poster keeps bumping
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Muddy, do you use a desktop or phone?

Also be more specific in your bitching

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    It was better having all of the discussions on the same page, so you don't need to toggle from one page to another, that is the cumbersome part, at least allow navigation within the page, not this go back to login select back and forth.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Its weird but I think I’ll get used to it soon enough. I think the thread ignore feature is pretty cool. There are a few users who I’m about to unblock now because of it. 

Only minor thing so far, is that I accidentally ignored a thread and now can’t unignore it. :( I’m browsing on my iPhone using safari. 
  • founder
    5 years ago
    nicespice - go to your ignore list, you can unignore from there

twentyfive- not sure what you mean you have to keep going to the login page
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    This makes it a lot harder to navigate and to find your own discussions.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    What does selecting the star/favorite do?
  • NeverEnuf
    5 years ago
    daily reviews seem to post in random order. used to sort by city/state. Made it easier to find only those I'm interested in.

Also quick review no longer indicates number of comments. I used to look for those, as well.

Please bring both features back.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    In order to look at VIP or Front Room or Tj discussions you can’t swith on the page you need to go back to the page and click which conversation you want to see, instead of being able to switch on the current page
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Also there doesn’t appear to be a refresh like before clicking on the conversation button refreshed the page
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Haven't tried out all the options yet. But I did notice that when I select the favorites option for clubs, that the listings aren't shown in order of most recent review. I loved that change you made awhile back. I didn't see anything in the options that allows me to change the order myself.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    What NeverEnuf said - reviews appear im random order vs alphabetically by city which I think is preferable.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    If different discussion groups will be the norm going forward, being able to toggle b/w them would be helpful and easier.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the quick-fix on the reviews
  • caracoges
    5 years ago
    Interesting once a review is published you can also see who downvoted it 
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    👍
  • founder
    5 years ago
    would you like a dropdown to go from room to room?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    nice - emojis now work 👍😄
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Off the top of my head the dropdown seems the way to go
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Yes a drop down menu for switching rooms would be great.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @Founder

I have the drop down to sort by last comment, but it is sorted by date posted
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    May be the way my display is set up, but I can't see my messages - where is it?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Also, when looking through the discussions I can no longer see if I have a new message.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    @flag

You have to switch b/w the two at least once for the option to take
  • WillMunny
    5 years ago
    Thanks for correcting the review sorting.

I think the consensus was that having VIP and "regular" discussions on a single board was easier to navigate, and having the toggle to show VIP topics only served the same purpose for those not wanting to mix with the rabble.

I really like the tags for ignored comments, makes it easier to follow the conversation (and confirm my ignores are justified).

Seeing the number of up/down votes & names on a review will be interesting- especially any downvote comments. Hopefully this will encourage improvement in content.

Only thing we're still missing is that edit button....
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    @founder I use my phone. iPhone to be exact. And I maybe I need to get used to it but the old format seemed easier to read/less cluttered. 
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I LOVE the new EDIT button !!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    At the bottom of the ph screen I see:

- "Conversations" - what does it do/for? When I click on it the browser just hangs

- "Favorites" - is this a list of my favorite clubs? In the past my list was empty, now it displays this odd text ("You play no favorites. Honorable.")
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    I think I am going to like the new format.  In a few days we will all be navigating it like it’s been this way forever.
  • Summit21
    5 years ago
    Agreed with Muddy. It's not easy on the eyes for me.

Very bright and in your face. I use android.

I do like the dictionary! Helpful and my assumption on some were completely wrong.

Overall I like the changes and it might be getting use too
  • founder
    5 years ago
    @papi... Conversations should take you to your messages
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Just a comment...

When I read
    "You can silence individual discussion threads"

I got an instant boner.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It'd be nice if the tagline was at the top of the display like it was a year or so back - it's nice to read something humerous whenever the screen refreshes
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Can we ignore a whole room, like the TJ room?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... Conversations should take you to your messages ...'

Ahh - ok

But:

- "Conversations" as a name is misleading - I first thought it had to do with discussion threads - I think "Messages" is a better descriptor but maybe I'm just used to the old format

- the Conversations view loads slowly - even deleting a message takes a couple of seconds
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In the Conversations view, very hard to write a message on the phone - the keyboard blocks out almost all the text box
  • fla_funmeister
    5 years ago
    I tried to add a review, but the page just comes up blank. Is that an issue with the new format?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In the Reviews view - the title of the review is smaller-text than the name of the reviewer making it harder to see/click - better if it was the other way around or both the same size (most people are gonna be clicking on the review-title to read the review).
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    😜
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Me likes
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In the Reviews Quick View, I like that Comments" are now left-aligned - makes it easier to read & see

👍
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    5 years ago
    Founder,

I like the recent updates, especially the separate rooms.  I also agree that a drop down to switch between rooms would be a useful addition.

One question/heads-up:

In the discussion pages, comments from an ignored contributor have an otherwise blank rectangle with the text “comment ignored (show)”.  The text suggests that I should be able to click a link and view the comment.  However, no action occurs.  Current bug? Future feature? Something else?

Thanks for your hard work!

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In my profile, I see a "Contributions" option - seems it's a list of my comments but it's not broken out like b/f into comments, discussions, review comments, etc - the old broken-down format was more useful
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Love this new format with the added features. That is all. ;)
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    thanks founder, you're awesome
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Oh, you can add comments to photos, and every club has its own discussion board now

• CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @Uncle Money Bags aka @founder;

Thank you,, just verify that I can delete the pictures/gifs that didn’t play because the files are over 1K.

I hope you are able to make it possible to swipe to go to the next picture rather than close it and open a new picture. You will be saving us time, the most precious thing in life.

“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I like the way the photos in my profile now display particularly in full view:

- what does the star in the photo do?

- would be nice if one could view a photo in full-screen view

- would be nice if others could comment on an individual photo

- seems one can add a photo to someone else's profile (seems like a bug)
  • founder
    5 years ago
    You can favorite photos by clicking on the star

you can comment on photos now

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Would be better ifnl the review stats appear at the beginning of the review instead of the end
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... You can favorite photos by clicking on the star ... you can comment on photos now ..."

👍👍
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In Reviews view - is the star next to the club name used to add it to your Favorites list?
  • founder
    5 years ago
    You can favorite reviews, clubs, discussions, articles, members, and photos
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    One more thing, I don’t know if anyone else is catching it but I have it on last comment posted but it’s still ordering it by date posted. Anybody else having that issue?
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Favorites appear to be at random. How do we sort them either A-Z or most recently reviewed?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    @Mud

You have to switch b/w the two views at least once for the option to take
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In a club's profile page would be nice if the count was listed for the various breakouts (reviews, comments, etc)
  • NeverEnuf
    5 years ago
    in Dancer Directory sorting by Name appears to be not sorting properly or am I missing something?
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Thank you founder for a tj discussion board. You are awesome
  • founder
    5 years ago
    DD should be sorting by name now

Cman5434 - you're welcome!
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Thanks for giving Country, SJG and Flagooner their own discussion board.
  • Frankcastle
    5 years ago
    Lost functionality: can’t sort favorites by last review date.  Would like this back. 
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Symbols next to a TUSCLer's name?

- Star = Trust?

- Circle with bar = Ignore?

- plus sign (+) = ???

• founder
    5 years ago
    Star = favorite

+ = Trust
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    What Frankcastle, goldmongerATL, and myself said. Favorites club list is much better when it's listed in order of most recent reviews. This was an excellent addition a few months ago, we need it back.

All the other features are great! As long as they actually work, that is.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Thank you founder, lots of nice improvements, including:
    -Restoring the separate front room and VIP discussion boards. As someone else noted, merging the 2 into one board was the inadvertent death of the VIP that was far more active before the merger. Hopefully the un-merging restores VIP to its prior state
    -Putting the accept/reject buttons on unpublished reviews next to each other - will likely result in far fewer accepts where reject was the intention.
    -Being able to click on a comment of an ignored user to see it if desired without having to all the way to ignored user's page to temporarily unignore.

Item I'd like to see return please: used to be that could go to a user's page and click on their discussion posts and user's post only on thread would appear. Now you have to click on the discussion and have to scroll all the way through discussion to see that user's post. Would be nice to return to the old format
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @decline I didn't notice that it does that now but yes, the old way was perfect.

I concur with the ignored comments now being selectable to see. Makes it easier to understand some of the responses to the ignored people.

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I previously wrote:

"...In the Reviews view - the title of the review is smaller-text than the name of the reviewer making it harder to see/click - better if it was the other way around or both the same size ..."

Actually it's better the way it is now - makes it easier to see both the club name and reviewer as I'm scrolling thru the list (which are the 2 things I look for when perusing the list).
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
     i’m confused.  
    and the drinking doesn’t help. 
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I have a request... I just tried to look up a thread Inposted to see what comme ts are on there. I often access through my discussions on my profile. Now all discussions and comments including review conments are in chronological order and it is a lot more difficult to find the thread. Could these be separated limebthey were before?
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    I notice that some folks handles are in purple, some black, and some red. Red seems to be dancers/women. What about black and purple?
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Purple means you have VIP
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    I just put one constantly bumped thread on ignore, and by ignoring this one, I seem to have ignored all by tge same poster.

On one hand, it saved me from ignoring them all. On the other hand, I really didn't want to ignore all of his new oosts as well.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    If you click ignore ∅ by the post title, you ignore the post.

If you click ∅ by the poster's nickname you ignore everything by that poster.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Better review your email notification settings or you're going to get a lot of unwanted emails.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    I like the changes.

Interesting choice to make VIP thread headers visible to everyone, even when you are not signed in.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    I have no idea how all the spaces between those two sentences occurred.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @shadow, thanks for the heads up
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @Uncle Money Bags aka @founder:

I usually try to edit my text on another app, because it gives me more screen space and it is easier, but when I copy and paste
    I’m into the comments, there are extra spaces between the paragraphs, similar to @JustinTolook comment.

Please fix this bug.

Thank you.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    And autocorrect keeps miscorrecting things.
    I hate autocorrect in this phone!
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    Thank you for giving us more room on the Tagline. How many characters/lines of text can we enter?
    👌
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    @Founder

What is the current breadth of notifications - i.e. if someone posts a comment on your review, do you get notified, etc?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ they show up in one line for me - perhaps your display settings are set to zoom in too much
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I think he's using a flip phone.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @FLF, just go to settings and change the "Menu font size"
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ settings on your phone not TUSCL
  • NeverEnuf
    5 years ago
    Founder,

Please bring back the 4 columns across for quick display of daily reviews on desktop.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Founder how do you make the emojis work ?
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @FLF

At the bottom of the screen press "Settings"

Press "Tagline". It's the 3rd option.

Type "I am a naive retard." and then press "Enter".
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ why the hostility flagooner;)
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Thanks flag! That was very helpful xD 
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ wrong account
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    🙃🙃
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Thanks, founder. I totally missed that there are two sets of cancel and favorite icons! 🙄
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It'd be easier if the Unpublished reviews view also had quick and full views
  • EastCoaster
    5 years ago
    Thanks, Founder, for the changes, which all seem positive. I look forward to getting used to them.

One thing I miss is the check box that said "Been There." I've been to a lot of clubs across the country only once, and when I see a review sometimes I wonder, "Have I been there?" and a quick check gives me the answer. I also used it to keep track of clubs that I might have been to years ago, before I joined TUSCL, and haven't reviewed. Since no one else has mentioned this, maybe I'm the only one who used it.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I just deleted my PMs and conversations now opens immediately.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Looks like you fixed the bottom of the screen as well, now you need to give us a way to toggle between VIP and front room and the others, and there needs to be a way to refresh 
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    Wanted to work with the new changes for a day or so before commenting. Overall I like them.

Thanks for all the hard work to get these done.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Why wait to get used to them before complaining? That's a foreign concept here.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    How about "Start a Front Room Make Out Session"
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    Just a quick note about the dancer directory, it's using the geolocated address from my IP, not the location I set in my profile. Since the update, there's no way to change the location to search. Since my goelocated IP doesn't match my actual location most of the time, either because I have to use a proxy to avoid content blocking or simply because the geolocation is wrong it shows me far away strippers.

If it's possible, it would be nice if it used the location I set in my profile.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    In the past when there was a new/unread message in our inbox, it was highlighted (I think in bold text) - now I don't notice any difference b/w read and unread messages in my list of messages/conversations - the highlighting/different-coloring also helped see if someone had read a message you sent them - IDK if the current change was on purpose but the old way of highlighting unread messages was useful and it'd be nice to have it back.

Also - in my phone, when I use the 3-vertical-lines menu option, the text "the ultimate strip club list" is displayed over the menu options to where I can select the first 3 or so options - I have my phone display zoomed-in and assume that is part of the problem, but I didn't have this issue in the past w/ the same level of zoom.

Thanks.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    When perusing reviews in Quick View, seems almost every-line of a review is a different color which helps w/ the reading - I like to look at the comments #; it would be helpful if it was in bold (or some other color) so I can more-easily see it as I am scrolling thru the list (more of a suggestion than a must-have) - gracias
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Unlocking the old threads will make for a huge qualitative improvement.

But we still need to be able to easily find our old threads, from our profiles, like before.

Thanks Founder
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Honestly SJG can we just kind of have a man to man talk right now. Hey half these changes/what’s being talked about are because of certain posters like yourself who spam absolute bullshit that nobody wants read/sift through . Can you possibly just do everybody a favor a just stop? Could you please? This ignore thread feature is because of you. Honestly dude it’s fucking annoying. How many years are you gonna do this? Enough! You are a cancer to any new poster in the discussion board.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I would like old threads also kept open - some are interesting - e.g. 2 of my TUSCL articles are about the SoFlo SCing scene (one for black clubs; one for mixed-clubs) - I meant these articles to be "living documents" where additions and corrections could be made over time.

Now that threads can be individually-blocked, I don't as big a need to lock threads (in reality never saw a need for it b/c anyone wanting to spam the board can do so other ways such as bringing up semi-old threads that are within the pre-retirement window).
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Muddy9, you don't post that much, but when you do, its of no great importance.

You have always had ignore available to you. You could have ignored me.

Your post on this thread Muddy9, it is just negative-meta, your post is just trolling.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Are you planning to bring-back the top-40 lists - I found them interesting
  • dancewdcpa
    5 years ago
    Thank you Founder...really excellent upgrade.

I do agree with TFP and others who have noted, Favorites club list is much better when it's listed in order of most recent reviews...as we used to have...
    Thanks for the great improvements...
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Founder: I notice that under profiles sometimes the # of "Reviews" and "Places" shows the same when they are not.
    Mine says Reviews = 2, Places = 2 even though I have 3 reviews.
    Some others seem this way, but most do not.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Founder, we really do need to have a persons Articles, Discussions, and Comments listed separately and tallied, as they had been. Best to show title, original post date and name, and last post date and name, with each Comment.

This way we can navigate again.

And then for Photos, I don't see why these need any listings, not when one can just go an look at the photos displayed in a grid.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ that's the VIP only area

SJG
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    I guess I missed the "good old days", so I have nothing to compare. Nothing seems lacking so far though. I haven't looked around much though.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Letting our threads stay open is a huge improvement and I know the pay off will become obvious.

Still though a new issue, not being able to find threads and posts. And I believe that this is right now suppressing the post volume.

Need separate listings for someone's Comments, Discussions, and Articles, and their tallies for each type.

Need Comments listing to give title of Discussion, and best to have time and date, and name time and date for latest post.

Seems to be no reason to list Photos, as one can just go to their photo section.

Thanks
    SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @founder
    Close those old threads they’re nothing but a major annoyance to most of your posters keeping them for the sake of three idiots is ridiculous
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ You 25 are an idiot, you think people are only interested in Right Wing Politics, Right Wing News, Gambling and Financial Speculation, drinking, and Cumming in their pants.

You are mistaken.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Some old threads are worth reading - just use the new thread-ignore feature (works wonders to sanitize the board)
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    We still need the navigation through old threads and posts, from a profile, like what we used to have.

Another idea, now there is a Discussion Groups page. It shows the 4x Discussion Rooms.

Say for example that one has access to 2 or more rooms. They will want to see if there are any new posts in one or more of those rooms.

So how about then just listing with each of these rooms, the Title, Name of thread and poster, time and date, for its most recent post.

Now that threads stay open, there can be new more narrowly focused threads. And they don't need to be bumped just to stay open.

Less posts, but a much higher quality of posts and threads.

I have seen other forums where there is a vast wealth in their old threads. People are admonished to look for old threads which deal with a topic, before starting new ones.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Which one allows you to ignore a thread? I have very few people on ignore SJG & gammanut are the only current posters at this point how do you ignore a thread
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The circle with the bar next to the thread ignores the thread.

Circle with the bar next to the person's name ignores that person.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Thread ignore feels like it was made just for SJG threads. Probably the best additional feature ever.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Thank Papi GTK I’ll try it after the basketball game or in the morning
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ 👍
  • rl27
    5 years ago
    I use the favorites page a lot when I am heading to a new city. Lost the option to sort by review date.

Also I am not exactly sure what the Type drop down does.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    What is that 6 digit # at the bottom of every Unpublished review? Looks unseemly.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    rl27 that's my main gripe at this point. Once Founder figures out how to get the favorites in order by most recent review again all will be well.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    The six digit number is simply the review ld
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ is there a need for that to be displayed? It's no big-deal; just looks kinda out-of-place
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Some of you guys are selling TUSCLER's way short.

SJG
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    Does ignoring someone no longer stops them from seeing your posts like it used to?

I just noticed that a couple of comments on a thread I posted were from people I have on ignore.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @whodey I think that feature only works in the VIP area. In the front room, blocked people can still see your comments.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion