tuscl

What is your favorite type of ethnic food?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I recently read an article that said that Italian food was the favorite. Especially in Europe. For me and I think most of the U.S. it is Mexican. I go past a restaurant frequently that claims to be West African Cuisine. WTF is that?

43 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Italian for me followed by Mexican/Tex-Mex
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    I like Cajun/creole food. Mexican and Italian are great too.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Latin pussy
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"I go past a restaurant frequently that claims to be West African Cuisine. WTF is that?"

I've had Senegalese, which is about as west as you can get in AFrica. It is fucking awesome. Do try it, man! I have no idea if your West African restaurant is Senegalese specifically, but usually countries in the same region have vaguely similar styles. If I had to try to compare it with something, I'd say the presentation and textures were closest to Indian food, but the spices and ingredients and flavors are different, so you might like it even if you don't like Indian.

Unlike when I SC, when it comes to food I'm a variety guy instead of an ATFer. I suppose I'd pick Italian if you held a gun to my head. But beyond that, I just fucking love Indian, ethiopean, Mexican, Cuban, Nicaraguan, **Peruvian!**, Salvadorean, various mediterranean/middleeastern/persian/afghani styles. I like (but don't love) many traditional ASian cuisines, but tend to LOVE the Asian fusion styles chefs are coming up with here in CA (and I imagine elsewhere).
  • pensionking
    6 years ago
    Chinese Food
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Greek (no homo)
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    Thai food is my favorite.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    American
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I like Italian, Mexican and Chinese food but my favorite is steak I don’t eat steak very often though.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Ooh goodness that’s tough for me, I love all kinds of food. Hmm, I do have a preference for spiciness and heavily marinated meats though. So...maybe Thai or Indian food?

The main thing I don’t like is catfish, bitter melon, and meats that are too sweet (I can cut slack on something line homemade cranberry sauce with turkey but for example I despise Panda Express)

But otherwise I’m not too picky and I want to eat it all.
  • Muddy
    6 years ago
    Itailian and it’s not even close.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Though even on my dislikes, I can make exceptions in the right circumstances.

Like for example, when Pip’s (a donut place in Portland) managed to make a really good bacon jam to fill in their doughnut. The smokiness of it actually went with the sweetness of the doughnut very well and I was shocked that I loved eating it so much.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Just like women, good food is good food no matter what ethnicity you are!
  • Hoober68
    6 years ago
    Mexican food followed by Italian
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    I like all types of food. Put a gun to my head and make me choose and it would be Korean. Gal-bi short ribs + kimchee FTW!!! Plus they do sushi as well as the Japanese.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    ditto papi!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I should mention country French (Marseillaise) is pretty good too, not a fan of Regular French creamy types of food though.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Italian followed by French followed by good Chinese, which is impossible to find where I now live, followed by Mexican.

Can't stand most Thai, Vietnamese or Indian food because I do not like curry, lemongrass, coriander (cilantro) and some of the other herbs and spices they use. Of course they also use cilantro in a number of Mexican dishes, but it's not too hard to work around in most cases.
  • reverendhornibastard
    6 years ago
    Indian is my ATF.

I would eat it more often but it’s so bad for you.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Shadow... at the corner of Briarcliff and clairmont I think, is Desta Ethiopean Kitchen. I thought they were famous for not having food. It is very good food though.

I really like Mamak on buford highway for singapore street food or just up the hill from follies on the same side of the street is a Vietnamese place that has the best sweet and sour shrimp soup. it has tomatoes, okra, pineapple, shrimp, etc.... very different but awesome
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I once had North Korean cuisine but I found it a little fleshy
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Best pussy I ever ate was a little Cuban. Oh wait. That's not the question is it ?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I’ve heard Cuban food is a little chewy ;)
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I personally get confused as to what was the best pussy I’ve had because I’ve had so many fucking awesome pussies to eat !
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    oh yeah that’s right. ain’t really eating as in consuming.
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    Does Redneck Ozark Hillbilly food count as ethnic? If so, then BBQ PORK STEAKS ! If not, then I will go with my favorite to eat at .... ETHIOPIA FOOD just inside DETROIT. Interesting to say the least. I also love Greek meats, Chinese food and Mexican Chimichangas. Basically, if there is meat in it, I’m all over it!
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    French
    Indian
    Mexican
    Vietnamese
  • OldGringo
    6 years ago
    Fuggedaboutit. Italian.
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    @Nidan111 if you like meat then you gotta try Korean BBQ short ribs (gal-bi or kal-bi). You're welcome.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    It is much easier for me to state what I don't go for: Indian, hands down. Not that I hate it, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

My philosophy when I'm in different countries is to eat what the locals eat. I have gotten a lot of wonderful and often inexpensive meals that way.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    My philosophy when I'm in different countries is to eat pizza.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Do they make ethnic fruit cups
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I hope so. A fruit cup with durian would be amazing.
  • Piggie
    6 years ago
    I'm getting some durian pussy next week in Asia. Smells like rotten flesh but tastes like young fresh pussy.
  • CC99
    6 years ago
    Italian food easily. I probably would not be alive today if it weren't for Italian food. Literally 10 out of 14 of my weekly meals are Italian.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    My favorite durian-fruitcup recipe:

Open durian with knife while holding nose.

Dispose of durian and knife in a biohazzard bag.

Bury the bag in your enemy's yard.

Open fruitcup, eat the contents.

Shoot, even Andrew Zimmern can't stand those things, lol.
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    @sirlapdancealot. ... I am on it! Gonna search that shit out. If the Koreans cook their meat like they give MASSAGES, then HELL YEAH!!!
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Rick steeves in the book Asia through the back door said Durian was a cross between an onion, garlic, and a mango that you eat while standing over a london sewer. I would say that is fairly accurate. I know in Bangkok the Oriental hotel would not let me bring one inside.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Mexican
    Italian
    some Chinese

Thai food is fucking disgusting and smells like hobo feet
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    @Nidan111 that's good to hear because it really is good stuff. I love all kinds of BBQ from all over the US and the world and to me the Korean gal-bi short ribs are the best.

Please note that you need to get the short ribs on the bone - gal-bi or kal-bi. There is another beef dish, bulgogi, that is chopped boneless beef and similar to gal-bi but it isn't as meaty flavorful and has more onion and garnish mixed in. Gal-bi is marinated similarly but it is truly meat on the bone. LOL try both but don't get them confused.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Italian, Vietnamese, we're now really into Afghani.
  • Longball300
    6 years ago
    Durian........ DURIAN? DELOREAN?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOqHL4xl…
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    My favorites are Thai and Mediterranean like kabobs, Gyros, with baba ganoush and hummus. Not far behind is Tex Mex
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion