tuscl

Would it be easy or a bad idea to take cannibis across the border into Mexico?

Liwet
If she walks away smiling, you spent too much.
To share, and not to sell.

50 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Not a bad-idea at all if you like the comforts of a Mexican jail.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    This is as good an idea as being fucked bareback in a gay bar
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    There is cannabis available for purchase once inside Mexico, though that would probably not be advisable either.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    The border patrol would have s legendary laugh at that one!! Really? Its supposed to work the other way.

I imagine someone in Spanish saying "nobody could be that dumb".
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    If marijuana is illegal in TJ then one would be stupid to try that IMO - Mexico is not the place you wanna have legal-troubles
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I would assume the OP just isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier !
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    You can easily, no one will check what's on your body at all.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    Bad idea
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    You are asking two questions. I think the answer to both would be Yes. I have never seen anyone get searched going into Mexico. They do scan your bags, but no one is really looking at that scanner. I think they are mostly looking for guns in those scans. I have never seen any drug sniffing dogs going INTO Mexico. Coming back into the USA is a different story though. But I also think it would be a terrible idea to try it though. The consequences of getting caught would be very bad. My advice to people going to TJ is don't get drunk or high. That is how you are going to get into trouble down there. If you get fucked, they will fuck you up.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I think it’s a horrible idea. There are enough ways to find trouble in TJ without being at fault.

On the other hand, I doubt they care much about what you bring into Mexico. Do you really want to be on the news as the first person arrested for smuggling drugs into Mexico?
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    on the other hand I have encountered US border patrol (with dogs) walking towards the ped east border towards Mexico maybe a dozen times. and definitely coming back into the USA quite a number of times. and when they get the current project done as San Ysidro The border patrol will definitely be checking cars on the southbound side in addition to the northbound side.
    (i've been across hundreds of times.)

even though in California recreational pot is legal (as far as the state is concerned) the feds do not have that same attitude.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Here is what could happen if you get caught with pot in Mexico:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd-KsupH…
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    as to Ped West san ysidro walking into Mexico... I've only done that one time. i i usually cross at Ped East san ysidro because of where I park and the trolley.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Are we having a "fucking stupidest idea ever contest"? I'd rather smoke crack at the local police station...in the lobby. At least I'd still be an anal virgin....
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    It takes a moron to have cannabis in the first place.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    It wasn't Tijuana, but I have had Mexican police randomly stop and search me on the street and go through my pockets. I didn't have weed on me, so they let me go.

The other part is where you would share it and how that would go over. If Hotel Cascadas is as nice as they say, they might frown on smoking weed in your room. Likewise, if you're at the nicest club in the city offering drugs to the girls, it seems pretty likely that word would get back to management who may take a dim view.

If there is a language barrier and she gets the idea that you might be trying to sell it, that could be especially problematic. There have been reports in the news about groups operating in the vicinity of the international border being somewhat territorial about that kind of thing.

The chances of a girl from the interior who is working for a few weeks in Zona Norte to help her family being impressed by weed seem pretty low compared to the risks, anyway. Offering to buy her a drink would probably turn out better.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Incredibly bad idea.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Take a gun with you too for protection. :)
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    on a tj forum a couple of guys posted about vape pens with thc walking across. until the feds legalize weed I'd stay away from the border.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    recently i did have an eatable when I parked in san ysidro. I didn't feel it until after i crossed.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    WTF is an eatable?
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    This is why I love TUSCL. Crazy stories and questions about crazy plans!

I could say that most people who are being negative make brilliant points, especially Papi_Chulo's point that it is as good an idea as random bareback sex with a strange guy in a gay bar.

But I'm going to go the other way. Listen to shadowcat. But make sure you take multiple guns. In Mexico you don't want to get caught with fewer than 3 guns on you at any time. You need to be able to do two-handed firing like in the gangster movies and have a backup pistol!

Let us know how it goes! ;)
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    out in the alley there's opportunity to buy some weed. those dealers are known by the policea and are targeted by cartels. there were over 1700 murders in tj last year. most drug related.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Yeah, recreational drugs are good. Sarcasm intended.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "WTF is an eatable?"

It's typically called an 'edible.' It is something you can eat/ingest that has a concentrated amount of THC in it (THC is the component of weed that gets you high). The high from edibles is, in my experience, more potent and longer last than smoking.

They are usually in the form of brownies, cookies, gummy bears, suckers, etc.

I used to make some great brownies.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I blame Siri.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Ahhh, yeah I've heard of the brownies. I always thought they were baked with ground up leaves as an ingredient
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Juice likes chackin fanger and fish grease infused brownies over THC brownies.
  • PutaTester
    6 years ago
    Stupid is as Stupid does.
    Big sign driving into TJ on the American side warning that weed is not legal in Mexico.
    My understanding is that small amounts are tolerated, but even if that is true, they might jack you up just because you have given them an excuse.
    I dumped a former ATF in part because she couldn't be without the herb and often met me with a substantial amount in her possession. Too scary.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Ahhh, yeah I've heard of the brownies. I always thought they were baked with ground up leaves as an ingredient"

No, that wouldn't get you high. You don't put any of the plant in there. You have to extract the THC from the weed plant.

How we would make them is get a half ounce or an ounce of weed (depending on how big we planned on slicing the brownies), grind it up, and put the vegetable oil and ground up weed into a frying pan and let it simmer on very low heat, stirring occasionally. You have to do this for a long while to make sure as much THC as possible has been extracted. Do this correctly and for long enough, and soon, the vegetable oil will turn brown. That is when it is ready be strained with a fine filter, maybe a coffee filter, or on of those very fine metal strainers, so you have your THC-infused veggie oil. The weed is now useless and can be thrown away, and you can now cook the brownies with the vegetable oil as part of the recipe like usual.

We'd save half and sell the other half.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I've always claimed that simple possession of drugs is stupid and should be illegal but not worthy of incarceration.

Selling on the other hand, does merit jail time.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    It was really funny when I found out the managers of the sports bar I was working at were buying my brownies, too. They just didn't want me to know so they had the older bartenders who had been working there forever, or some of the long-time cooks, buy the brownies for them. Lol.

It was great too, one of the cooks sold weed and always had some on deck. Sometimes I'd just come up to one of the kitchen windows and he'd hand it to me. I'd try to be super careful, and then I found out some of the managers also bought weed from him. Haha.
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    "There is no such thing as a stupid question, only that there will be some dumbshits that would ask such a question." Anonymous web sage
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    oh my goodness Niña... i'd love to experience one your brownies and you too!!!
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Lol, thanks MisterWonderful :)
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Alex, I'll take 'Fuck No' for $800 please...
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Anyway, I agree that taking weed to different countries is a bad idea. Now if you were on a flight somewhere in the contental US, I have tons of ideas of how you can easily smuggle weed and not get caught. If you like to take risks, you could probably just put a bag in your suitcase. Not too big of one though.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    And I've just smoked a blunt and have absolutely nothing to do today for the first time in a while, so I'm gonna eat, drink and be merry. And smoke blunts. Might force some friends to go to the beach with me later, maybe not. I plan to watch a lot of TV.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    I wouldn't but you can easily get away with it! Easy. The last 2 times I crossed, no one was at the booths where they make you fill out the paper to get into Mexico and stamp your passport. I just walked right into Mexico. The scanner is a joke as well.
    Ask a mesero you get to know. They can get you weed from those shady people no problem. Crap I have had them get me fresh made tortillas before to take back to the US. Most of the girls smoke weed as well so they might get you some for the room. You can smell it at times in the halls of hotel cascada.
    I don't do any drugs, nor have I ever. Just not my thing. I am more into eating pussy when at HK.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I meant continental in my post I have just realized... Because I am now high. Gonna go smoke again.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Darwin Award candidate.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    GALIZEBOB. well Mexico can possibly be a problem... but it's mainly the united states of America... the land of the free and the brave... that could be a big problem. until the USA cbp policea in general allows recreational marijuana... I was hoping fucking pussy grabbing Donald Trump... the big party guy... would've legalize it by now..
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    How in the hell does something this stupid generate almost fifty responses?
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Bad idea mexican marines patrol zona norte
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Generally speaking I don’t take weed to other countries where it is illegal. However, I make an exception for countries like Mexico that don’t really search the shit coming into their country. I take edibles that don’t look like weed just in case. You will be fine. The people who are telling you not to do it, for the most pet, have never tried it so they don’t know.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Nina’s system for homemade edibles will work but that’s the incredibly time consuming way to do it with flower. The only benefit of that method is the low cost. The much easier way to make homemade edibles is to buy a concentrated oil or wax and use that. That takes much of the work out of the process.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    @dc9428. I don't doubt you. My girl I am with sometimes smokes weed before seeing me and she gets off like none other when she smokes before. Spent 8 hours with her yesterday\day before and 5 in the bed and for 4.5 hours she is screaming. I can touch her anywhere after turning her on and she goes nuts. It's heaven to me.
    But I cannot do drugs even if I wanted. I get drug tested all the time and randomly. I would get fired from a cush job so fast. When I get drug tested I have a lady stand right next to me and watch me pee into a cup. No way to cheat if I wanted to.
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    @Liwet
    Shirley, you're not serious. Why in the world would you give Mexican authorities any reason to fuck you over? Any foreign country, really, especially one as dangerous as Mexico. Check out the movie "Midnight Express." That was Turkey and I believe the American was caught with heroin or cocaine, but I'm guessing the end result would be similar with pot in Mexico for a gringo.
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    @JAprufrock
    I assumed it was a bad idea but just wanted to check. One of the girls wanted to smoke her own weed in my room. I thought it might be nice to bring some American weed and share it with any girls that partake.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion