tuscl

Top 40

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
So all this discussion about trusts and lists, I looked at the top 40 clubs. I was shocked. I’m a little fuzzy on my visits over the years but I think I have only been to 7.

Most shocking to me, no Detroit, Vegas, Phoenix or Toronto clubs are in the top 40 at the moment, and several clubs on that list are complete dives. I’m guessing they are getting the high ratings because they are the only club for miles and most of those dive clubs offer extras.

How many have you visited?

35 comments

• MackTruck
    7 years ago
    I been to 2
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Between all four lists, 3 or 4 of them.

I was more surprised that Baby Dolls Dallas wasn't on a list given how often I have seen it mentioned as the must-see club in Dallas.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I've been to 3. Obviously there is no further explanation for Follies being on the list. There are 3 Atlanta black clubs on there that have $5 dances. Some people believe that cheap is the same thing as value. Palace in the Pines is a dive with cheap extras.
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    I've been to 3 of the top 40 overall clubs and I am shocked to see them on the list. They are all different but all have short comings. I also find it extremely odd that 2 Ohio clubs are in the top ten when so many people (including me) prefer to club out of state instead of dealing with Ohio clubs.

Living Room in Dayton Ohio (#4)- one of the best clubs in Ohio but I find it hard to believe there are not dozens of better clubs in the country. Good blend of pretty girls and solid mileage. I can see them being in the Top 40 but no way it should be top 5 or even top 10.

Diamonds Cabaret Centerville Ohio (#8) - an upscale party vibe but mileage has always been low compared to the rest of the area and prices are borderline outrageous for this area. It has been a few years since my last visit but from what others have said things haven't changed much.

Palace in the Pines Lowellville Oh (#30) - a hole in the wall club known for extras. This place is just how I like my clubs, but many people that prefer upscale clubs or a party scene have described this place as one step short of "Porkys".
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I think our rating system might be too simple. There’s a club in my area that is an absolute hole that is somehow rated an 8 overall bc of a wrong review, and some very screwed personal opinions. I wonder if rating should be weighted according to a reviewer’s trusts, or contribution level, or something. Some clubs don’t get a lot of reviews, and I think some ppl on here really make stuff up.
  • ArtCollege
    7 years ago
    i've been to 3 of the overall top clubs on the list, and I concur that it's a really odd list.

I think you're right, at least about the Paradise Saloon in Lawrence Kansas. I was staying in Overland Park, which was at the time a strip club desert (and may still be) and made the drive. And the best thing about the club was that it existed at all.
  • PeterEaster
    7 years ago
    Shocked no DC or VA clubs in the Top 40...okay, actually NOT shocked
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    BJ99 "I think some ppl on here really make stuff up."

I find it hard to believe that anyone on this site, or anyone involved in the strip club industry, would ever lie or make stuff up. If anything these less factual statements "should be considered a work of fiction."

I do however like the idea of weighting the club scores based on the reviewers rating once that system gets ironed out. A person who has reviewed 50+ clubs with dozens of trusts should have more impact than someone who just joined and is reviewing the first club they have ever been to. I think that could be part of why @founder is tweaking the current user ratings, or at least I hope it is.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    You are right. I meant “REALLY REALLY” make stuff up. :P
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I think trusts might be better than number of reviews to weight rating. That way other experinced members can have more impact. If someone is new, but gets a high trust rating bc ppl like Papi concur, then his reviews can count for more too. It would help to offset those guys who write plenty of reviews, but are full of shit.
  • nj_pete
    7 years ago
    I have been to 9 across all the lists, how ever only 1 club is on the top dances ( quality) list. So I guess that means I frequent dive places!
    Statistics are interesting.
  • hotdog0007
    7 years ago
    6, and all have been in the last 3 years. All but Diamonds belong on the various lists. Diamonds is the most overrated of the clubs I have been in.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    As recently as a week ago, a club I have visited was in the top 10, but as the list stands at this moment, I have not been to a club on any of the top 40 lists.
  • Darkblue999
    7 years ago
    I am wondering WHY Delilahs Philly is not in any of top 40.It used be in top 40 for dancers At least it should be in top facilities and top dancers area...
    I see Double Visions in 2 categories but compared Delilahs it is nothing.wonder how it for into top 40.Simillar club Bristol Philly.
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    Of the Top 40 Overall list, I've been to 9 of them.
  • anon4231
    7 years ago
    I mentioned this on another thread, but there really should be a hard guide for star ratings if they're going to stick around. Not "what did you feel the value was," but "I got x dances for y dollars and there was a w dances for z dollars special, so the rating should be this +-1"

That way, we can actually compare apples to apples. Right now, it's more like peaches to coconuts.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    w.r.t. the default "Overall" list, seven in total:

#2 - Deans Gold

#9 - Cheetah Hallandale

#10 E11even (but kinda didn't count - was there on a dead dayshift not long after the club had opened as a new club)

#11 Diamond Dolls

#13 Follies

#23 Strokers (kinda surprised it's on the list)

#29 Club Blaze (also surprised it's on the list)
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i’ve been to 4 of the top 40 clubs and 21 of all the clubs in all the top 40s lists. some obviously are on more than one list. at least i've enjoyed a number.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    There’s a place called Clancy’s (in Bloomfield, NJ). That place probably shouldn’t even be on the top 40 list of NJ clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The top clubs lists have always been a bit quirky; but I agree w/ others in that they seem even quikier now
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ at least the "Overall" list (have not looked at the other club lists)
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    been to 4 clubs on the top 40 overall list(brads brass flamingo and follies more than once). I don't have a problem with any of the clubs on the list.
  • likes2look
    7 years ago
    5 of the overall list. 11 across all lists. There are some puzzling choices on the list. And a few omissions as well.
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    Sorry, but the top 40 is still too susceptible to shill reviews. Case in point, Pure Gold in Rancho Cordova. Mdb2203 has done about 17 reviews of this club within the last 5 months or so, scoring the club all 10s every time. While his reasoning is that he 'looks for the positive in everything', in reality it's just skewing the ratings big time.

If you read other reviews of this club you can see it's not even a top 40 club in California. Yet this one guy and his positive reviews have propelled it into a top 40 club in the nation overall.

I think the lists need more tweaking. Not just recent review wise, but user wise as well. Maybe something like, repeated reviews of the same club for a member don't count towards the ratings. Otherwise, those club ads that desertscrub and the rest of us hate so much will continue to fuck up the rating system.
  • EastCoaster
    7 years ago
    I get to travel a lot (for work, mostly), and I'm lucky enough to have been to 12 that are on the Top 40 Overall list, plus 11 more from the other Top 40 lists. Yeah, I'm a monger and proud to admit it -- here on TUSCL, anyway. lol I will definitely be adding Diamond Dolls in Pompano and maybe Tootsie's when I swing through South Florida in April.

I agree, though, that the lists are odd in that they don't include some of the clubs I've been to that seem to be favorites here on TUSCL (including Detroit, as mentioned above).
  • JamesSD
    7 years ago
    The "overall" list probably is a quirk of math, especially since facilities are a factor. Mileage is an indirect factor, but is not a criteria on its own.

The individual lists make more sense.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Follies Atlanta GA

Cheetahs Atlanta GA

Charlotte gentleman Charlotte NC

Club Lust Greenville SC
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    Tootsies went from being like the no. 3 club to not being on the list at all.
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    OK it appears to be back on the list at like 29 or something. I swear it wasn't there yesterday
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Tootsies is currently at #20 on the overall list - but Baby Dolls Dallas is not in the top-40 and it should be there (in the top 10 IMO)
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    Papi, then you need to get to more clubs. Baby Dolls is practically the definition of a tourist trap.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    But I see what you are saying Papi. I just looked at the Top 40 (Dancers) and holy shit. Some of the clubs in that list certainly should be there (like the Lodge, which frankly is much more deserving on the quality front than BBD), but some of those places should be in the Top 200. Johnny A, Palomino and Follies are 3 that stick out, but I'm sure that members with more knowledge of other regions can point out others. Now that seasoned members have less influence over club ratings, I guess that we can expect more of this over time.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    I meant should NOT be in the Top 200.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    maybe we need the top 4000.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    A bit of a side question, but does overall really matter? I mean, how important is the relative merit of a club in Vegas vs one in Miami? I can see how the relative merits of clubs within one area are very important, but the times I care about the former are very rare.

Building on that, I think a way to view "Top X" or sorting by ratings for a particular area would be useful. The way clubs are grouped based on city makes it hard to look at an area (ie, within driving distance of each other) and find the highest rating. I'd be interested to see a Top 40 in FL, South Florida, or even the Greater Miami Area (remember, Tootsies isn't technically in Miami based on its listing here)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion