tuscl

Clubs that Have 1,000+ Reviews

So far, there are only 14 clubs (15 if closed clubs count) on TUSCL that have been reviewed over 1,000 times. I am listing them in order from most reviewed to least reviewed.

1. Follies (Atlanta, GA)
2. Playhouse Lounge (Burlington, NJ)
3. Baby Dolls (Dallas, TX)
4. Spearmint Rhino (Las Vegas, NV)
5. Platinum Plus (Columbia, SC)
6. Mons Venus (Tampa, FL)
7. HiLiter Gentlemen's Club (Phoenix, AZ)
8. Flight Club (Inkster, MI)
9. Scarlett's At Ybor Strip (Tampa, FL)
10. Tootsie's Cabaret (Miami Gardens, FL)
11. Bogarts Lounge (Inkster, MI)
12. Brad's Brass Flamingo (Indianapolis, IN)
13. Electric Blue Cafe (Tolland, CT)
14. Deja Vu Showgirls (City of Industry, CA)
15. OG Gentlemen's Club (Las Vegas, NV) - CLOSED

This is what I know about the clubs listed above:
- Follies is #1 on this list for a reason. It would be the front-runner if we gave out an award for Best Strip Club in the USA.
- I've read recent discussions about Baby Dolls calling this club a tourist trap
- HiLiter is talked about a lot by the Phoenix locals on this board.
- I've read a ton of reviews about Flight Club and Bogarts being that I am a Detroit local. The two clubs are right across the street from each other, but they are complete opposites. I'd love to visit Flight Club to get extras from a stripper that is a Playboy model type, but this would be a very expensive adventure. As for Bogarts, it gets its reputation for being a club that is so bad you must actually visit it to see for yourself. The only thing that sounds appealing to me about Bogies is the cheap extras. Everything else I have heard about that place has made me put that club on my avoid list.

I don't know much the majority of the clubs listed here, but each one has to have a unique charm to it since it has been reviewed over 1,000 times.

What are everyone else's thoughts about the clubs on this list? Does anyone find it to be a surprise that a particular club on this list has that many reviews?

Over time, this list will only grow bigger as there are several clubs that are getting close to the 1,000 review mark.

10 comments

• chessmaster
    7 years ago
    at least 10 of them are only popular because of extras. based on reviews I have no interest in mons Venus as it sounds like it's just skinny girls. maybe baby dolls is a tourist trap, idk. but they had some hot babes(not just skinny girls) there providing good mileage. only thing I didn't like is all the whales and money so the hoes don't grind on the floor. I like brads brass flamingo for hm lapdances from hot babes but the regulars frequently hog the best hoes. follies is too popular for its own good. way too crowded and I suspect one day the drugs and extras are gonna get them raided. nothing good lasts forever.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    Interesting topic. 10 out of 15 of those clubs I've seen in person.

1. Follies (Atlanta, GA) - Been there twice, once recently
    2. Playhouse Lounge (Burlington, NJ) - Been there once
    3. Baby Dolls (Dallas, TX) - Not visited (trip canceled)
    4. Spearmint Rhino (Las Vegas, NV) - Been there many times
    5. Platinum Plus (Columbia, SC) - Been there a few times
    6. Mons Venus (Tampa, FL) - Been there twice
    7. HiLiter Gentlemen's Club (Phoenix, AZ) - Not visited (maybe next year)
    8. Flight Club (Inkster, MI) - Been there once, recently
    9. Scarlett's At Ybor Strip (Tampa, FL) - Been there a few times
    10. Tootsie's Cabaret (Miami Gardens, FL) - Not visited
    11. Bogarts Lounge (Inkster, MI) - Would have visited, but plans got changed last minute
    12. Brad's Brass Flamingo (Indianapolis, IN) - Been there once
    13. Electric Blue Cafe (Tolland, CT) - Not visited
    14. Deja Vu Showgirls (City of Industry, CA) - Been there once
    15. OG Gentlemen's Club (Las Vegas, NV) - CLOSED - Been there many times, RIP
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    For giggles, let's assume that all the clubs are about the same as when I saw them last. They're not, but we rank sports teams from different eras so here it goes:

Visited - How I'd rank them

1 - 4. Spearmint Rhino (Las Vegas, NV) - Been there many times
    2 - 1. Follies (Atlanta, GA) - Been there twice, once recently
    3 - 8. Flight Club (Inkster, MI) - Been there once, recently
    4 - 15. OG Gentlemen's Club (Las Vegas, NV) - CLOSED - Been there many times, RIP
    5 - 12. Brad's Brass Flamingo (Indianapolis, IN) - Been there once
    6 - 9. Scarlett's At Ybor Strip (Tampa, FL) - Been there a few times (tie)
    6 - 5. Platinum Plus (Columbia, SC) - Been there a few times (tie)
    8 - 2. Playhouse Lounge (Burlington, NJ) - Been there once
    9 - 6. Mons Venus (Tampa, FL) - Been there twice
    10 - 14. Deja Vu Showgirls (City of Industry, CA) - Been there once

Not Visited

3. Baby Dolls (Dallas, TX) - Not visited (trip canceled)
    7. HiLiter Gentlemen's Club (Phoenix, AZ) - Not visited (maybe next year)
    10. Tootsie's Cabaret (Miami Gardens, FL) - Not visited
    11. Bogarts Lounge (Inkster, MI) - Would have visited, but plans got changed last minute
    13. Electric Blue Cafe (Tolland, CT) - Not visited

If money were not a factor, SRLV just crushes the other clubs. Period. From what I've been reading, Platinum Plus in Columbia, SC is probably too high on my list. I actually like Mons as a club, but it doesn't really deliver the experience I prefer. Same with DV COI. Playhouse Lounge I actually think went to more than once, but I don't think I really saw it at peak. The location wasn't really convenient, so I never had much time there.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    You're right about Flight Club and Bogart's being opposites, and not just because they're on the opposite sides of the street. I visit Bogart's once or twice a year. I have never gotten dances from a Bogart's stripper, much less extras. However, Bogart's is a popular place with white working class men who can't afford anything better. Rich studs frequent the Flight Club on the other side of Michigan Avenue.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    And that's where we met, jack. It's always a good time at Flight Club.
  • AnonymousJim
    7 years ago
    Been to three: Rhino, Flight Club and Brad's.

Brad's ain't what it used to be. The end of $10 lappers was a dark day. Ladies are of OK quality, but nothing like the show clubs. Extras weren't available, but I did once have a takeout experience.

Flight Club was accurately described as having extras available from Playboy-caliber women, though quality fluctuates. Penthouse Club has given me more consistent results in the D, but on my last trip, Flight Club had one girl that was the winner of the night. I keep hearing threats that the 8 Mile clubs are going to come under more scrutiny, so Flight Club might be the safer route going forward.

I was ... less than impressed? ... with Rhino. Granted, I went at 3 a.m., which might have been part of the story. Did encounter one dancer I liked, but the pre-dance pace was too fast for me -- every girl that walked by asked for a dance, no small talk, it felt very transactional, especially for the prices.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    @AnonymousJim - I get the issue with SRLV. If I went by how much I enjoyed my visits, there's probably only one visit I ever made to the Rhino that would rate in my Top 50. But there is something about the Vegas clubs that speaks to what I had in my head a strip club was before I saw 500 or so of them. For the talent, the vibe, and (if you want to spend that much) the experience you can have there it is one of the best clubs in the country.

@TUSCL - It's getting tougher to find a really great club these days. By the time I saw MBOT in SF it was getting by pretty much on reputation alone, and there was no way I'd consider spending the asking price for a major league experience there. SRLV, 4 Play in LA, Treasures in Houston (and LV), those places could still be worth the asking price with the right girl on the right day. So that's my reasoning, basically SRLV on its best day is going to be better than Follies or Flight Club on their best days. On average, even though I only got one look at Flight Club and passed on the fun (long story) it's probably the most consistent for the type of talent and experience I look for.

As I've written before, I use TUSCL for tie breakers since most clubs I'll only see a couple of times. But even though I wouldn't put Follies at the top spot, my last time there I had a Top 10 all-time visit that turned into a bucket list caliber OTC. At that level of clubbing any ranking is arbitrary, but I threw one up there because it's always fun to talk about whether the 46 Defense could stop the Greatest Show on Turf. It could have, by the way. In Detroit I spent more at Penthouse than I spent at Flight Club, but it was only because one dancer at Penthouse got me spending $$$ I was planning to drop somewhere else. And she was worth every penny.
  • AnonymousJim
    7 years ago
    The thing about Penthouse and Flight Club, both of which are awesome, is that if you're picky, you can get exactly what you want. Exactly. You may have to pay for it, but it will be there. I've crossed a lot of things off my bucket list at both clubs.
  • DisRuptive1
    7 years ago
    I never got what made Spearmint Rhino Las Vegas so good to a hobbyist. It's so damn expensive with so many bouncers around. I get the hype of course; the high costs means more money for the girls which means better looking girls. You can't say strip club in Las Vegas without mentioning the Rhino. The only good thing that I've seen is that you can get a lap dance 24/7 which isn't an option in most of the other Vegas clubs (maybe Crazy Horse, but I'd have to go there before 10AM to be sure).
  • Digitech
    7 years ago
    1. Follies (Atlanta, GA)
    Never been. It's a legend of TUSCL, though. Hope to make it someday.

2. Playhouse Lounge (Burlington, NJ)
    Maybe I've been here. If I have, it was 10 minutes or so before closing, so not much to remember.

3. Baby Dolls (Dallas, TX)
    Never been, not really familiar with the club.

4. Spearmint Rhino (Las Vegas, NV)
    The one and only. I've been here 4 or 5 times. Huge club, beautiful girls, expensive and not much in-the-club action. The best club of its kind. Every PL should go at least once to experience it.

5. Platinum Plus (Columbia, SC)
    Heard of it, never been.

6. Mons Venus (Tampa, FL)
    Another TUSCL legend. Closest I've been to Tampa is Miami.

7. HiLiter Gentlemen's Club (Phoenix, AZ)
    Big name on TUSCL. I haven't visited Arizona, but when I do I'll stop at this club.

8. Flight Club (Inkster, MI)
    This was Alucard's (peace be upon him) spot, wasn't it? A legend of the gritty Detroit scene. I've never been to Detroit.

9. Scarlett's At Ybor Strip (Tampa, FL)
    Not familiar with this one.

10. Tootsie's Cabaret (Miami Gardens, FL)
    Seems to be the de-facto Miami club. I almost went here. I was in Fort Lauderdale and wanted action, but I opted for some different clubs that were closer.

11. Bogarts Lounge (Inkster, MI)
    Same as Flight Club. Quite a reputation, but I've never gone.

12. Brad's Brass Flamingo (Indianapolis, IN)
    I tried to make it to the Flamingo during a long drive when I was moving across the country. It was a holiday or something and the club was closed. Seems to have lost some of its TUSCL fame lately and I haven't read as much hype for it as there used to be.

13. Electric Blue Cafe (Tolland, CT)
    I've been here a bunch and patronized a few CFs. Good place. Desertscrubs #1 enemy. I hope he can visit it someday and see that the reviews it gets are not club ads.

14. Deja Vu Showgirls (City of Industry, CA)
    I've been to a bunch of Deja Vus, including one in Los Angeles. But not this one.

15. OG Gentlemen's Club (Las Vegas, NV) - CLOSED
    I've been here and thought it sucked. It's closed for a good reason. Maybe it was worthwhile in its heyday, though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion