tuscl

Dayshift - Where do you find the time and why bother?

Nixur68
Texas
What’s up with the sudden increase in dayshift clubbing? I’ve got a normal Monday-Friday job so it’s not like I could go and even if I could why would you? I’d expect the night shift to have the best quality and quantity.

Or am I missing something completely?

61 comments

• flagooner
    7 years ago
    The vibe is totally different. I'm not a fan of big, loud crowds.
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    I used to wonder this and subscribe to the Chris Rock thing about going in the daytime...and then I went to Follies. Follies daytime is the greatest thing ever...okay, it's second to Follies daytime on NFL Sundays since they have RedZone.

It depends on the club and what you're looking for. I'd never go to Follies at night, but I can't see myself going to any South Florida clubs during the day. In what has pretty much become my home club up here, the rosters are completely different between day and night so if I have a chance I'll go on dayshift because it's almost like being in a different club.
  • Chili Palmer
    7 years ago
    Yes, you are missing the point entirely if you believe night shift is better than day shift, at least with respect to mileage availability and dancer looks.

As for time, aside from weekends, if you're a white collar worker/manager/owner you can always sneak in an hour or so now and then. If you're punching a clock, this is probably the wrong hobby for you anyway.

Yes, night shift has some of the bets looking dancers. But not every hottie wants to work from 6pm to 2am, especially if they have a family. I've known literally hundreds of top tier dancers who drop their kids off at school, then workout, then come to the club for a few hours, then pick their kid up again. Nighttime crowds make it harder to find and keep a dancer you want to get dances from, and nighttime bouncers/floaters usually keep the girls on a much shorter leash with respect to mileage as well. And, if you're not into a bunch drunken pseudo-alpha males getting absolutely shit-faced while you're trying to get your lap on, then day shift is definitely preferable.

I could go on, but you get the point (I hope).

CP
  • Nixur68
    7 years ago
    I assume there are less dancers during the day shift, no? And I’m thinking this is from 11AM to 8PM.

Maybe the Southern US is different? Most of my time is spent in Dallas and the Midwest.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    At many clubs, the day shift has more of a neighborhood bar(ish) vibe rather than a nightclub scene. A lot of guys prefer that, and so do a lot of dancers. It's not necessarily true that all the hottest dancers work nights.

There's a lot of jobs out there that don't have a 9-to-5 dynamic, ranging from the self employed to hospitality to hospitals to manufacturing. Most clubs aren't jam packed during the day, but there's enough business to keep the doors open and dancers taking shifts.
  • Nixur68
    7 years ago
    Makes more sense, wouldn’t bouncers have more time to crack down high mileage during the day though?
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Dayshift also tends to have patient women that do not mind spending long periods of time conversing with lonely men. They are often older dancers that don't want to work the pole anymore.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    It's a misconception that the best girls work night. Plenty of girls want to work days when they start, but most can't make enough, and everyone makes money at night.

Day shift girls don't go as glam as the night shift girls, if you are into that. They don't wear as much make up, wigs, extravagant outfits, or glitter. It just doesn't go over as well during the day. Usually bra and panties, or a thong bikini, and light makeup.

I'd say day shift usually has a couple of the most popular girls in the club, a bunch of new girls, and some night girls there for an extra shift, or on a day rotation.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I understand your confusion, OP. A lot of the guys on here talking about dayshift are retired, or have a job where they can sneak away now and then.

I am busy as shit at work during the day, at time so busy I am eating my lunch while driving. Even if I had enough time in the day to dayshift club I’d feel too guilty as working hard in engrained into my brain. I have dayshifted before and it’s just not for me. I like the glam, the party atmosphere that the night brings. What I don’t like about the night shift is it’s much more crowded, usually harder to get a dancers attention and dayshift girls are usually more relaxed and friendly than nightshift girls.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"Or am I missing something completely?"

Missing a lot, completely :) Of course, it depends on what you value.

Nightshift: For a party atmosphere, more girls in the lineup (usually), and a higher percentage of higher girls. Along with all that, you typically get a higher customer-to-dancer ratio, higher hustle, less mileage or time for the money, and a bouncer staff that will usually be relatively more strict.

Dayshift: Fewer patrons means it's a buyer's rather than a seller's market, which means the same amount of money buys you far more time or mileage (to put this in perspective: I usually hang out drinking with a hot dayshift girl for an HOUR before we do our first VIP dance), far lower hustle, bouncers that are often less strict. You do often have a lower percentage of hot girls, but that doesn't mean there aren't any, just fewer ... but if you do find a hot girl, you can hang out with her as long as you want, whereas a nightshift girl will be relieving you of your money as quickly as possible and then moving on.

You can probably tell from the above, that I think nightshift sucks, it's a low-value sausagefest, I don't care if there's relatively more hot girls if the value is so much lower. All I need on dayshift is one hot girl, she'll hang out with me as long as I want, I pay far less $ for more mileage and more leniency from the bouncers.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    I have been experimenting with ultra-late-night (after 1 am) and it has some of the dayshift dynamic... Club gets empty, girls are more willing to haggle, and more willing to let me mess up their hair and mascara lol. I have gone home, gotten a little sleep, then left for the club. You also can be a freshly showered and clean shaven looking guy in comparison to the scruffy drunks already there.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Lurker: I guess it depends on the market ... that seems to be a hugely busy time at nightshifts here. Last time I was at a club at 2am it was standing room only (really!)
  • Nixur68
    7 years ago
    Surprised bouncers are more lenient during the day shift.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    ^^^ tuscl is like a multi-layered bestowal, each of myriad layers a revelation of strip club dark secrets
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    It's completely club-dependent.

Some clubs are utterly dead during most day shifts and often won't run stage (if they even have any dancers) until around 7pm even if they're open by noon. Those clubs' Sunday - Wednesday night shift can be like the day shifts at the clubs Subraman is talking about.

Among the dead day shift clubs, if there are any dancers at all, it can sometimes be a better value on day shift, but not always. The dancer always determines the upper range of mileage. The club might be more lenient during the day, but individual dancers might not be.

At clubs where nights are slow, the same advantages expected on day shift tend to apply at night. In those instances, it becomes more of a matter of Sunday-Wednesday vs. the weekend rather than day shift vs. night shift.

FWIW, some clubs don't have bouncers on slow shifts whether it's day or night. It's more of a thing where if the bartender or DJ hears someone scream, they'll go over and help and/or call the cops. Since the day shift customers at those clubs tend to be retirees or otherwise peaceful older guys, I don't think it's generally a problem. 2PMers aren't a thing as far as I can tell.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I was a SCer for 10 or so years b/f joining TUSCL and most of what I know I learned from others on TUSCL.

During my first 10-years of PLdom I rarely visited on dayshift and like you it was odd to me to SC on dayshift (that's something one did at night and particularly weekend (Fr/Sat) eves).

Many of the vets on TUSCL talked about preferring dayshift and I finally tried it and now I prefer it and it's about 80 to 90% of my SCing - for me dancer-treatment/mileage trumps eye-candy and I often get the former much more consistently on dayshift - nightshift is often more about the hustle and dancers often have plenty of targets to choose from so IMO QoS goes down - IME/IMO more sharks on nightshift b/c competition is more-fierce (lots of dancers) plus lots of custies/targets to choose from means a dancer can jump custy to custy - dayshift dancers are ofte more experienced and often better-know how to treat a custy; whereas nightshift can often have stuck-up younguns that think their pussy is made of gold.

Some areas have dayshifts perhaps not worth going to but some areas have pretty-good dayshifts.

I used to live in Dallas and found the dayshift scene a bit weak but then again I did not look into dayshift too-much - Bucks in Forth Worth and Baby Dolls Dallas both have pretty-good dayshifts - PT's also I believe.

Dayshifts often last till 7 or 8 pm - so it's not super-impossible to stop in the late-afternoon unless one has a certain type of job - dayshift it's not for everyone but does not mean it's not worth trying it out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Also - as one gets older (40+) one has less patience for young rowdy rude people which one will run into more on nightshift particularly at certain clubs.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Subraman, Charlotte only has a modest night club scene - clubs often do last call around 1:30AM and all booze must be consumed by 2:30AM. Liquor control is one thing clubs take seriously and waitresses begin grabbing unfinished drinks...
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    I work a regular Mon-Fri job, which is the main reason why I club exclusively at night. I could catch the end of dayshift during the week, but when I get out of work, I don't have the right mindset to go clubbing. When I go to a club, it will be either Friday or Saturday nightshift.

Some of the clubs in my area are actually pretty good for nightshift. I've been to a few where the atmosphere is laid back, the crowd is a good mix of younger and older customers, and the dancers will sit with you and chat for a while before asking for dances or VIP.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    "... Surprised bouncers are more lenient during the day shift ..."

Nightshifts have much larger, often much younger, and rowdier crowds; not too-mention groups of guys where one of them may be tempted to show-off for his buds and cause a scene/trouble in the club, thus security needs to keep a tighter leash - dayshifts are often quiet and usually an older crowd of lone-wolfs
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    There is no cover fee for day shift at any of my local clubs. Another inducement if you like to pop into a club often for quickies.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Pre 40 years-old; I used to like the energy, crowds, and vibe of nightshift - these days at 47 I usually can't stand it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Also - on dayshift w/ such few-custies; staff tends to be more hands-off since they need this small but often loyal PL-base to keep their doors open on dayshifts.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Sometimes there is no DJ on day shift... It helps contribute to a relaxing vibe to not be forced to listen to their patter
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Theres a lot of generalizations about the nightshift crowds in this thread. Big city strip clubs nightshift will be a sausagefest and near impossible to get top dancers attention unless youre a whale or in a group. That goes double for weekend nights. However a strip club in "middle of nowhere bumfuck Tennessee" may not even have a dayshift and may not even be full on a primetime shift. I find most strip clubs in between those two extremes can be tolerable on nightshift.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Another thing is the time. Try to get there after the nightshift dancers arrive but before the crowd.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    In essence, day shift at a club is like going to a simple restaurant with some girls you could mess around with. Most clubs in my area will serve at least hot dogs and fries. Maybe you get a snack and a beer, don't see anyone to your liking... It was a low risk venture, come back again in a few days... Get another beer. That is another reason why in the reviews you often see mention of some bored locals just sitting around. Maybe for some, waiting in a Strip club for the first couple of girls to show up, is better than yet another day alone (or being nagged by the wife)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I personally prefer dayshift to night shift for many of the reasons outlined by the previous posters, the hustle is lower there are less muscle heads getting drunk and the dancers are usually more in a hangout mode. I have gone at night plenty of times but for my money I prefer busy non titty bars I meet plenty of women in certain other places I personally like dancers that are in their late twenties to early fourties, I'm really not into the really young women. There is no appeal to me in what their normal interests are. Plus they make me feel old,I have children that are older than many of the younger dancers. Damn it.
  • jester214
    7 years ago
    ppwh makes an important point. It is very club specific.
  • minnow
    7 years ago
    N68- Aren't you aware that much of Tuscl consigliere are part of the $350K club, and can set their hours. Some travel as part of their job.
    Chili Palmer and Subraman pretty much sum things up.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Simply put more mileage and less crowded during the day.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    As others have said, day shift is generally a more easy going vibe, less bullshit and higher mileage is more likely. While the number of dancers is less, the ratio of customers to dancers is better for us custies. The experienced day shift girls and many customers know this so the strippers are going to make their money on fewer guys by giving better service. And they probably will deal with less drunken assholishness. We guys are going to get better value from the experience and spend money on less girls. It all seems to work out well for everybody. At this point in my life, I don't give a flying fuck about a party atmosphere. I know what I want and I have a much better chance to enjoy that on day shift.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    You also asked in the OP where we find the time. In my case, I'm self employed. My boss is a fucking asshole but I go anyway.
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    I look at comparing shifts like comparing cars.

Busy night shifts are like classic hot rods. The bodies are a thing of beauty and they can get you revved up pretty quickly but the mileage is low by most standards.

Slow day shifts are like a modern hybrid. Their bodies may be plain, and it will take longer to work you up to speed, but the mileage is so incredible you will forget all about the compromises you made regarding looks.
  • Nixur68
    7 years ago
    What’s the transition time for most clubs? 8-9PM?
  • DisRuptive1
    7 years ago
    I've found slow nights to be a good mix of getting hot girls with day time attitudes. You do get some greed from the girls, where they'll take what they can take and then move on but sometimes you find a really hot girl who will sit with you like on day shift and then get some dances with you.

@Nixur68 "What’s the transition time for most clubs? 8-9PM?"

I've found that the attractive night shift girls usually come in around 10PM, though sometimes they'll come in earlier. Most girls that will be working that night will be there by 11PM.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Agree, very often the hottest night shift girls come in late, after 10 or 11, when the club heats up and the real money is to be made (although as LurkerX points out, some municipalities are different).

Those rare times I do have a nightshift CF, very often I've met them late at night, but once we connect, I ask her to come in at 7pm when night shifts starts. At that time, as pointed out by chessmaster, the nightshift crowd isn't there yet. So she comes in at 7pm just for me, I get three pseudo-dayshift-slow hours with her until 10pm, and then I book. Still not as good as a real dayshift, because nightshift bouncers are nightshift bouncers, and the place is always more buttoned down at night, but talking a nightshift girl into coming in at the beginning of the shift is at least tolerable for me
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    I go to clubs right after work because I like to kill time and wait for traffic to die down. Otherwise my commute is over an hour. Luckily my ATF DS also works days at a club near my work. It is the perfect storm for me. I get off work at 4pm and see her a few times a week. And many times I'm her only customer so I have a full GFE and get to spoon with her at the bar or tables for the entire dance rotation, then I watch her onstage, and then we get dances or VIP. She's awesome and a 9, and so I am completely fine with this days situation. I guarantee if she worked nights at a hot club I would not have the same access to her. I'll be riding this gravy train as long as possible.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    Do most clubs really open that early in the day like noon or earlier? I've seen a lot of clubs that don't open until 3 pm or so and they might not have girls on the floor until 4 pm. The clubs like this are usually pretty dead in the late afternoon, early evening. Sometimes, it's not good to have so many more dancers than customers, especially if you aren't into most of the dancers or if you're not a regular, the dancers (often the better looking dancers) might not even act like you're there even when they're not tied to a regular. Speaking for myself, i don't like lowering my standards when i'm spending decent sums of money or any amount of money even, and i tend to feel more compromised when i have a smaller subpar selection.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    The relatively few times I have gone on dayshift have made me wish that was the only time I can go. Most of the time when I go to a club, I am looking for some company and looks aren't greatly important. Most of the time at night, the girls want to do nothing but hustle you, but it's not like that during the daytime. But I am mostly a Friday and Saturday night clubber because of my job and the fact no club near me, either now or historically, even had daytime hours.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    When clubs open and how they structure their shifts varies wildly.

In Providence at the Foxy Lady, there's a "Leggs n' Eggs" shift on Fridays from 6AM to 11:30AM. I've never been, but I've always been curious.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    "Dayshift - Where do you find the time..."

Where are your priorities?

Do you not go to the dentist or do you have those visits on the night shift?
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ My point was that if you want to try it you can find time. It can amount to a little more than an extended lunch break one day.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Yes you really should check that out and describe it... Probably the only clubs in the country that operate at dawn would be Nevada brothels
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    There are many great insights provided by many esteemed TUSCL'ers in this thread.

The day shift has worked for me as well. When I club alone, the day shift works well. I prefer to stop in after work and stay an hour or two, to take the edge off before heading home. If I'm clubbing with friends, then it would be to enjoy the party atmosphere at night.

However, the day shift must be evaluated on a club by club basis. Certain clubs have a good line up during the day, and the relaxed vibe is enjoyable. Some clubs are simply dead during the day shift, and the vibe can almost be depressing.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Dayshift sucks. There were only 19 dancers on yesterday. One of them sat with me for a couple of drinks while she used her soft touch to create interest on my part. Outside to smoke some weed. Into the CR, bbbjcim and back in the car with the sunroof open. Dinner on the deck overlooking the lake and in bed early. Dayshift sucks.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Once you retire you can set your own schedule. I feel sorry for all you wage slaves.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    skibum, you poor bastard. I can't believe you wasted your time there. Instead you could have been in a packed club, hot chicks with GPS could have come up, talked to you for all of a single song, and then walked if you didn't buy a dance right then; and if you did buy a dance and gotten a bit touchy, there's a good chance you would have gotten the wonderful experience of speaking with a bouncer. SMH
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Yeah, dayshift sucks.

All you guys go on night shift. We don’t want all of you PL’s coming in during the day and taking up the time of our MILFs. ;)
  • pensionking
    7 years ago
    Clubs hire bouncers to protect the club, the dancers, and to "bounce" out-of-control patrons.

Clubs are less likely to confront out-of-control, liquored up patrons at 2:30 in the afternoon, so they hire fewer bouncers. Many dayshift clubs have 1 bouncer and he is busy working the door. As a result, dancers are less supervised resulting in a better customer experience. Also, dancers are less likely to be drunk or drugged up -- also often resulting in a different experience than night shift. Further, I have never heard of LE raiding a strip club in the afternoon.

Either way, clubs open for 14 hours, from noon until 2:00 am provide the best of both worlds.

Many of us can accomplish dayshift visits: white collar, retired, delivery, salesmen, customer service, installation, repairmen, self employed all can squeeze in an hour here or there.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    I used to do the dayshift 20 years ago when I worked the nightshift. It was sort of It's-broad-daylight-and-I-can't-believe-they're-open was how I initially felt. +10 to what Chili Palmer said RE:guys punching a clock because I was definitely a time clock guy back then.

Dayshift was an odd value thing. That was where I learned (perfected) the art of talking to strippers and in some cases paying for convo (I know, anathema on Tuscl!!). That was mostly because the money went too quickly when I bought dancers, versus just tipping less $ for convo (longer than 20 minutes). If I'd had money for dances, I would have went that route, obviously.

I'd agree with the consensus on the different vibe of dayshift, less money needed, more 1-on-1 attention, etc. All pluses.

I'd do dayshift these days except a few constraints work against it. Can't afford the dentist so that excuse won't work. Really clubbing isn't enough of a priority nor do I have the latitude at work to skip out. Fri & Sat nights are dead times in my schedule so it makes sense to use that time instead. It's just at my point in my life the priority needs to be my career (and earning potention) so skipping out doesn't (yet) make sense. Maybe sometime. But for now, it's nose down, work hard.

Nights it is.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I managed to find some time to go to Follies today but I don't know why I bothered. Too many girls grabbing me by my private parts and wanting to take me into the VIP rooms and do unspeakable things. Really disgusting!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    ^ haha :-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^^ yeah - hard to just be a spectator @ Follies dayshift
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Still trying to wrap my (big) head around strip clubs where you can actually get extras (sex).
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    I hated dayshift clubbing when I first started, but it was the only time that I could either sneak away at lunchtime or stop by right after work close to shift change. Now I prefer it for many of the reasons listed here.
  • jaredlucas
    7 years ago
    I rarely go in the evening. Too busy / difficult to get private time and too many wandering eyes. With the exception of one time Ive had my most memorable ITC and OTC fun pulling girls from the day shift.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    "What’s up with the sudden increase in dayshift clubbing?"

It's not sudden.

"I’ve got a normal Monday-Friday job so it’s not like I could go"

Sorry.

"and even if I could why would you?"

Because I can.

"I’d expect the night shift to have the best quality and quantity."

I used to think that, too. A lot of the time it's true, depending on what you're looking for. In some places you get the reverse because the money shows up during the day. Or sometimes a girl who could easily do night shift and prime time decides she prefers dayshift or will show up for an appointment.

"Or am I missing something completely?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R37pbIyS…
  • AnonymousJim
    7 years ago
    I will do dayshift occasionally, but it has to be just the right circumstances. I'll do dayshift if it's a quality extras club, like Penthouse or Flight Club, I'm on the road and I can't get in at night. I'll do dayshift if I get a day off, have nothing better to do and really feel the need to get away.

But I feel ... weird and kinda wrong doing dayshift in other circumstances. During the day, I feel like I should be, you know, working. Even if I get a day off and it's just me. At worst, resting. Doing something productive. Not clubbing.

I do very much believe some of the best ladies work during the day. And yes, more mileage and personal time sounds awesome. But I feel like it's just not the time of day to be doing that stuff.

Also, yeah, I very much skew glam, and I don't mind the music too much. So night plays to that as well.

Each has their pros and cons, I guess. But I skew night.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I was a night shift clubber when I initially found my desire to club. The night shift had a party atmosphere - and lots of hot girls - and lots of VIP fun too.

Then, I stopped in on a Friday day shift, and it was less of a party atmosphere - a different set of girls (still mostly hot) - and the time spent in VIP was quite a bit cheaper - and there were basically no limits. The dancer had my cock out - and a condom on me - in about a second - and the rest is history...
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    My own style

1) Lunch where places have food or if someone I have known for years wants to go to eat, talk,and take in the view......NYC comes to mind but any large city where I travel for work this could happen. Last time was not so good if you recall my comments

2) Right after work--Happy hour with someone I know and trust or a club is near the hotel I am staying when out of town. From my own limited experience this is the worst time you want to go if you are looking for the most variety of dancers. However if you do find a dancer you know and she is working extra hours to pick up money it works out well

3) After 9 PM--till Midnight weekdays and Fridays---- for the occasion when I am traveling or need to stay over for the weekend. Where I drop the most money, where the best selection of dancers can be found the majority of the time, and where the hustle is at it's peak.

I don't worry about how many guys are in the club or how packed it is. If I want to get a girls attention there are a handful of ways to do it and if she is not interested then chances are it wasn't meant to be ......

Exceptions from my limited POV are Vegas and Dallas where going out before 11 PM doesn't make sense---the clubs are just waking up in those two cities at 11.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion